Palestinian Resistance Launch Major Attack on Israel: What Happened? – LIVE BLOG

Stucky

Star

Stucky

Star

Last edited:

Stucky

Star
The Palestinian government media office in Gaza has released figures showing the extent of Israel's devastating "genocidal" war on Gaza, now in its 170th day.

Here are the key numbers:

• (2,848) Massacres committed by the Israeli army (a massacre refers to an attack that leads to the mass killing of at least three people)
  • (39,226) People killed and missing
  • (32,226) Deaths recorded by hospitals
  • (14,280) Children killed
  • (27) Children died due to starvation and malnutrition
  • (9,340) Women killed
  • (364) Health professionals killed
  • (48) Emergency responders killed
  • (136) Journalists killed
  • (7,000) Missing, 70 percent of whom are children and women
  • (74,518) Wounded
  • (17,000) Children lost one or both parents
  • (11,000) Wounded and need urgent travel to receive life-saving treatment
  • (10,000) Cancer patients facing the risk of death
  • (269) Health professionals detained
  • (12) Journalists detained
  • (2,000,000) Internally displaced
  • (700,000) Diagnosed with infectious diseases as a result of displacement
  • (168) Government offices destroyed
  • (100) Schools and universities completely destroyed
  • (305) Schools and universities partially damaged
  • (224) Mosques completely destroyed
  • (290) Mosques partially damaged
  • (3) Churches targeted and damaged
  • (70,000) Housing units completely destroyed
  • (290,000) Housing units partially damaged and made uninhabitable
  • (70,000) Tonnes of explosives dropped by the Israeli army
  • (32) Hospitals put out of service
  • (53) Health centres put of service
  • (158) Health institutions targeted
  • (126) Ambulances destroyed
  • (200) Archaeological and heritage sites destroyed
MEE

Haich

Superstar

An interesting read. Cameron is growing impatient. I know Canada has threatened to cut off arms if Israel invade Rafah too. There were reports that many British Israelis are returning home early April. What is happening behind the scenes?

Excerpt:

He is (Cameron) though, becoming more strident by the day and is now even contemplating the possibility of cutting off UK arms supplies to Israel, particularly if its military were to attack the city of Rafah in southern Gaza. Last week, in a letter to the House of Commons foreign affairs select committee, Cameron wrote: “It is of enormous frustration that UK aid for Gaza has been routinely held up waiting for Israeli permissions…The main blockers remain arbitrary denials by the government of Israel and lengthy clearance procedures, including multiple screenings and narrow opening windows and daylight hours.”

Inside the Foreign Office, Cameron has established a “large team” of officials and lawyers to monitor whether Israel is complying with international humanitarian law. The strong indications are that if it went into Rafah, the UK would say: “Enough is enough” and suspend all arms sales.

——————————

Stucky

Star

An interesting read. Cameron is growing impatient. I know Canada has threatened to cut off arms if Israel invade Rafah too. There were reports that many British Israelis are returning home early April. What is happening behind the scenes?

Excerpt:

He is (Cameron) though, becoming more strident by the day and is now even contemplating the possibility of cutting off UK arms supplies to Israel, particularly if its military were to attack the city of Rafah in southern Gaza. Last week, in a letter to the House of Commons foreign affairs select committee, Cameron wrote: “It is of enormous frustration that UK aid for Gaza has been routinely held up waiting for Israeli permissions…The main blockers remain arbitrary denials by the government of Israel and lengthy clearance procedures, including multiple screenings and narrow opening windows and daylight hours.”

Inside the Foreign Office, Cameron has established a “large team” of officials and lawyers to monitor whether Israel is complying with international humanitarian law. The strong indications are that if it went into Rafah, the UK would say: “Enough is enough” and suspend all arms sales.

——————————

Their words have no meaning. As soon as the "facts on the ground" are established they'll just backtrack as usual (please let me be wrong)

ABC News: "Vice President Kamala Harris suggested there could be "consequences" for Israel if it moves ahead with a planned invasion of Rafah in its pursuit of Hamas fighters."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/harris-us-ruled-consequences-israel-invades-rafah/story?id=108431225

Haich

Superstar
Their words have no meaning. As soon as the "facts on the ground" are established they'll just backtrack as usual (please let me be wrong)

ABC News: "Vice President Kamala Harris suggested there could be "consequences" for Israel if it moves ahead with a planned invasion of Rafah in its pursuit of Hamas fighters."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/harris-us-ruled-consequences-israel-invades-rafah/story?id=108431225
It is the first time they’ve openly said there’ll be consequences for their invasion of Rafah or continuous obstruction of aid. It is also the first time Satanyahu has openly said he’ll go ahead with or without The US’ support. So I’m a tiny bit hopeful that God willing, something will be done. What that looks like or the impact it will have is yet to be determined…

But you’re right, it’s just constant lip service I’m just holding onto that glimmer of hope.

Haich

Superstar
So IDF claim 170 Hamas fighters were killed at Al Shifa hospital. The Guardian reported this morning that 480 fighters were found out of 800 Palestinians that were on the premises. The tweet below states the entire 800 people are in fact suspects.

Incredibly clear evidence below (!) Maybe this will be the evidence presented as proof to continue supplying arms to Israel.

Haich

Superstar
Where’s the footage of the captured fighters? The killed fighters? Why would there be that many fighters in one single hospital? Where are the weapons and infrastructure they’ve supposedly found?

Stucky

Star
It is also the first time Satanyahu has openly said he’ll go ahead with or without The US’ support.
They always want to wait until after the fact. For months they were told there would be widespread starvation, they spouted some sound bytes about not allowing it to happen and when starvation was allowed to happen they spouted more meaningless words about "airdrops and piers". And now we have the same thing with Rafah. If they mean what they say about Rafah then now would be the time to stop arming the crazies before they go into Rafah...

I’m just holding onto that glimmer of hope.
I don't even know if i have as much as glimmer left in me.

Stucky

Star
It is the first time they’ve openly said there’ll be consequences for their invasion of Rafah or continuous obstruction of aid. It is also the first time Satanyahu has openly said he’ll go ahead with or without The US’ support. So I’m a tiny bit hopeful that God willing, something will be done. What that looks like or the impact it will have is yet to be determined…

But you’re right, it’s just constant lip service I’m just holding onto that glimmer of hope.
Satanyahoo does have a ring to it thanks for the inspiration. I think a pertinent question is also why doesn't ISIS ever attack Israel?