Pain Of Modern Dating

JoChris

Superstar
Interesting topic though, and should be continued.

Gen Y/ millenials and anyone else who has returned to the modern dating scene - from what you have experienced and learned, how much do you think things have changed for love-seekers since the ancient years BI (my era) - Before Internet?

Lurker

Star
Interesting topic though, and should be continued.

Gen Y/ millenials and anyone else who has returned to the modern dating scene - from what you have experienced and learned, how much do you think things have changed for love-seekers since the ancient years BI (my era) - Before Internet?
I think I would feel safer in a war zone than re-entering the dating scene. At least with the internet, I would have an algorithm to help guide me.

polymoog

Superstar
well, the good news is that i think there are conspiracy theory dating sites. i would dread having to go through the dating process and have to eliminate person after person until i found one that was awake.
there would be no chance i would ever be with someone who was not on board with every one of my beliefs. i hear stories about spouses who have woken up where their wife or husband has not. how awful that must be. not only that, imagine wanting to raise the kid with a spouse who wants to take them to disneyland and eat GMOs and have them watch TV, while you still have strong feelings of love for them.

Etagloc

Superstar
well, the good news is that i think there are conspiracy theory dating sites. i would dread having to go through the dating process and have to eliminate person after person until i found one that was awake.
there would be no chance i would ever be with someone who was not on board with every one of my beliefs. i hear stories about spouses who have woken up where their wife or husband has not. how awful that must be. not only that, imagine wanting to raise the kid with a spouse who wants to take them to disneyland and eat GMOs and have them watch TV, while you still have strong feelings of love for them.
Lol!

Being in love with such a person? I would never be in love with them in the first place. I would be too repulsed by their ignorance.

I am not going to fall in love with someone who is still plugged into the mainstream lens. Over my dead body would my children be raised to be zombies.

Last edited:

polymoog

Superstar
Lol!

Being in love with such a person? I would never be in love with them in the first place. I would be too repulsed by their ignorance.

I am not going to fall in love with someone who is still plugged into the mainstream lens. Over my dead body would my children be raised to be zombies.
i didnt know you had powers to control who you fall in love with. thats pretty impressive.

Etagloc

Superstar
i didnt know you had powers to control who you fall in love with. thats pretty impressive.
it's just keeping your distance from certain people. Maybe you fall in love with strangers... I would have to get to know someone and if I know they're locked into a mainstream lens, I'm not gonna become that close with them.

Vixy

Star
Ugh, the dating scene...

Yeap, had my share with that one, lol! What there was too choose from was so pathetic I finally walked. I tried, tried and tried again but nope. Its like this: the few good ones are taken at an early age and left are the rejects. Better being alone then. Sorry it sounds so depressing but thats what I've found.

polymoog

Superstar
Ugh, the dating scene...

Yeap, had my share with that one, lol! What there was too choose from was so pathetic I finally walked. I tried, tried and tried again but nope. Its like this: the few good ones are taken at an early age and left are the rejects. Better being alone then. Sorry it sounds so depressing but thats what I've found.
wait for the wave of early divorcees from 35 to 40 or so to grab another good one. many of those early marriages never work these days. make sure you tell em you own a juicer to lure em in. ;)

JoChris

Superstar
Ugh, the dating scene...

My baby sister thought the same as you. She had a failed marriage in her twenties and then quite a few boyfriends.
She met her most recent man on some app like Tinder, but for social reasons. She wanted someone to help her with indoor rockclimbing. A platonic friendship became romantic and they got married last month. You never know when the right man might come along.

Of course by mid 30s age group a normal guy like him will have a romantic history. He was divorced with two kids. So my sister has had to learn the ups and downs of joint custody but she has become a very good stepmother.

If you are a similar age group I would abandon the twenties age group meat market. The only guys over 35 at nightclubs are likely to be losers. I would be very hesitant to use matchmaking websites.

I am in the 40s now. If anything did happen to my husband (unlikely, his family is very healthy), if I ever decided I wanted another serious relationship I think I would focus on my own hobbies and interests, perhaps volunteering and so on.

Perhaps I am too philosophical and picky these days, but one thing I have resolved to do is ensure any man I would consider was already Christian AND "walked the talk". I would rather be single than with a phony, shallow man, only after a housekeeper "with benefits".

llleopard

Established
I _AM_ 40.
And the divorcees Iv'e seen, are divorced for a reason.
yes, but not always. I left my first, nasty marriage at 37 after 15 years of abuse. My second was unfortunate - to someone who seemed legit to everyone, but scammed me and my whole family, then dumped me. After a while I internet dated for a few years, not necessarily looking for a life partner, but because I'd moved to a small town I wanted to not turn into a hermit or get bitter. Met some odd people, some unpleasant people, and a number of really nice guys in the 40-50 range whom there was nothing wrong with. I had lots of fun, going tramping, sailing, all sorts of places with these guys, often with my kids and/or theirs. It was a very healing process - just getting out again with no expectations except enjoying life again. Eventually I met Rhino - his first wife was an alcoholic who left him. his second wife was nice once but had a traumatic brain injury and went psycho. he had stayed with her, looking after her for another 10 years until her psycho delusions made her leave him. I see both his exes often at family gatherings (children in common) and with respect they are both still total nutjobs, and there is no way anyone deserved the s.... they put him through. My two exes, the same. Rhino is the most loyal, loving, honest, committed person I have ever met. He came from a gang background until he became a Christian, and was totally changed. There are some true gems in amongst the predators and losers, as well as lots of sincere, nice guys. The dating scene is definitely different, but it's not all bad, I think. :)

DesertRose

Superstar
Bilateral symmetry and the odor of symmetrical men versus asymmetrical men and 'RH factor' and having potential birth issues?
Interesting stuff......
Advice for the marriage oriented.

Last edited: