Paganism and Easter

Dec 25th Christmas doesn't ignore Jesus, there are beautiful carols, pics, films and TV shows about him, and bible stories and parties and stuff, kids love it all, I know I did..:)
We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one :)
I have been convicted and will follow my conscience. As someone who knows the pagan origens i cannot in good faith go along with it.

Romans 14
5One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 6He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it.

22Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth. 23And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

1 Corinthians 10
28But if any man say unto you, This is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that shewed it, and for conscience sake: for the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof: 29Conscience, I say, not thine own, but of the other: for why is my liberty judged of another man's conscience?

Flarepath

Star
..We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one :)
I have been convicted and will follow my conscience. As someone who knows the pagan origens i cannot in good faith go along with it..

Okay, zilch to do with me if you want to let paganism control you into not celebrating the birth and resurrection of Jesus..:)

Okay, zilch to do with me if you want to let paganism control you into not celebrating the birth and resurrection of Jesus..:)
Except i already said:
We do in a way.
We celebrate Jesus' birth in the fall. We don't call it christmas however, since there is no "mass" being celebrated.
Also celebrate Resurrection Day, as we call it.
Just doing my part so people stop accusing Christians of paganism :)

We don't bow down to the pagans.

Daze

Superstar
I don't believe Jesus died but imagine if you lost a loved one to gun violence, then went around with a tiny golden gun necklace.

1696408939244.png

A Freeman

Superstar
The Lamb of God (Jesus, the son of the virgin Mary) was born in the Spring, when lambs are born.

The Lamb of God (Jesus, the son of virgin Mary) was crucified at the same time of the year (Spring), specifically at the PASSOVER. They had to get the body of Jesus down off of the cross before the sunset on the day of Passover, because the following day was a high Sabbath, beginning the feast of unleavened bread. And then the day after the High Sabbath was the day of preparation, when the women bought the spices and prepared them, i.e. the day before the weekly Sabbath.

Ishtar/Easter actually obscures the fact that Jesus was in fact buried for 3 days and 3 nights, and arose on the Sabbath day (Saturday, the 7th day of the week) which is why the tomb was found EMPTY early Sunday morning (the 1st day of the week).

In His Revelation to John, Christ specifically said that He HATES the pagan celebration of Xmas with "St. Nick"/Santa Ni(Claus). See Revelation 2:6 and 2:15. The Nicolaitans are those who celebrate Santa (Ni)Claus, whether they pretend its Jesus alleged birthday or not.

How could any rationally-minded individual actually believe that Jesus was born in the dead of winter, during an overtly pagan holiday, on what has become the biggest retail event of the year? Jesus said that one CANNOT serve both God and materialism, and yet billions of so-called Christians have been duped into believing they know "the reason for the season", while participating in the most materialistic day on the calendar.

These are overtly pagan holidays which have been absorbed into Christianity without question from most, via Roman Catholicism. They all (Xmas, Ishtar/Easter and Halloween) make a mockery of the birth, crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus.

One does NOT need to be, nor should be a "Jehovah's Witness" nor a member of any other sect/cult/denomination to believe and embrace the truth. All they need to do is actively seek the truth, and they will find it.

And anyone who is celebrating the dead (Halloween) is still among the "dead".

A Freeman

Superstar
I don't think anybody actually "worships" their flag do they?
Rather flags are just harmless symbols..:)

View attachment 92383
Anyone stating that they "pledge allegiance to the flag" is worshiping it, unwittingly or otherwise.

Our allegiance should be to our Creator and heavenly Father ALONE, exactly as Christ and all of His Disciples have been telling us for thousands of years.

Acts 5:29 Then Peter and the [other] Apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

Flarepath

Star
Christmas is a time of celebrating Jesus's birth and the giving of prezzies..:)

WISE MEN- "We bring gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh"
JOSEPH- "Thanks, we'll take the gold but you can keep that other stuff whatever it is"

rel-wise-men.jpg

phipps

Star
I'm wondering if anyone has ever made a connection between the pagan feast of christmas and this verse.

Revelation 11:10

7And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them. 8And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. 9And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves
10And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth
I haven't. Interesting.

phipps

Star
Hey Phipps and Freeman, no offence but you sound like you're Jehovah's Witnesses, so can you confirm that you are or aren't?..;)
Do Jehovah Witnesses espouse Sabbath keeping, the heavenly sanctuary, 2300 days, 70 weeks, investigative judgement and so forth that I do? Just because I agree with them on the teaching of Halloween doesn't mean I am one.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Christmas is a time of celebrating Jesus's birth and the giving of prezzies..:)

WISE MEN- "We bring gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh"
JOSEPH- "Thanks, we'll take the gold but you can keep that other stuff whatever it is"
1696504836189.png

Last edited:

Flarepath

Star
Did you know that the 3 wise men are stars?

View attachment 92409

Like i said above, full of paganism.

Christians regard stars as just harmless balls of atoms and molecules, we don't give a hoot about any alleged links they might have to 'paganism'..:)
"Do not worship the sun moon and stars" (Deuteronomy 4:19)

But Islam seems to like stars..;)

ISLAM Star.jpg

Flarepath

Star
Do Jehovah Witnesses espouse Sabbath keeping, the heavenly sanctuary, 2300 days, 70 weeks, investigative judgement and so forth that I do? Just because I agree with them on the teaching of Halloween doesn't mean I am one.
Sounds like you've been over-complicating the bible mate, Jesus said the same thing to people-
"You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life." (John 5:39/40)
And Paul said it in a nutshell - "I'm worried lest you be led astray from the simplicity of Christ" (2 Cor 11:3)

Daze

Superstar
Christians regard stars as just harmless balls of atoms and molecules, we don't give a hoot about any alleged links they might have to 'paganism'..:)
"Do not worship the sun moon and stars" (Deuteronomy 4:19)

But Islam seems to like stars..;)

View attachment 92456
I've pointed out numerous times the star and crescent represents the sun rising between the devils horns.

There are no symbols in Islam Tidal. None, zero, zip.