Our Hobbies And Lifestyle Habits

Damien50

Star
Thread about everyone's hobbies and lifestyle habits and what you think they might say about you.

My hobbies: Welding, rebuilding/building engines, electric guitar.

My lifestyle habit of note is my incessant need to lift heavy and constantly progress my fitness levels.

I think my hobbies and lifestyle seem to focus on intense focus, creation, and expression. I generally don't focus much and I don't express myself so these become outlets for my self expression. I lift for the physical, mental, and almost spiritual feeling of the entire thing but could indicate tenacity, perseverance, and drive which all my hobbies include.

rainerann

Star
I have always liked to read a lot. Some of my favorite books were Les Miserables, Paradise Lost. I love Beowulf. It just fascinates me because it is so old. I love to picture what life would be like then and what it would mean to hear a story for them. I figure it is why old books are always so long because there wasn't a whole lot to do besides reading for entertainment. Just very quiet without all the noise. No cars. Just such a different lifestyle. It fascinates me. I also like to picture how many people have read the same story throughout history and it just makes me feel a connection to the past, I guess. Although, I read a lot more nonfiction most of the time.

I also love to write. I would like to write a book someday. Probably will have a science fiction feel to it.

Carolyn

Star
My main hobbies are playing hearthstone and recently Ive started using spoonflower again, you can design and sell your designs on fabric wrapping paper and wallpaper, the do competitions every week so Ive started to get back into that again after almost 3 years away from it, also got a domain name so gonna make a website for my designs too, was going to start doing tshirt designs on spreadshirt again but they are a bit anal regarding copyright and dont even allow fan art so am just starting on redbubble for that, so far got two older designs I done ages ago and a new GoT themed one. I am currently working on my competition entry for another spoonflower competition thats coming up soon which am really excited about so am not entering any others cause Its a lot of work but if it turns out the way I want it too Ill probably buy a test swatch of it or something cause it will look nice in a frame maybe.

Used to do more web design, am not amazing at it but I did go to college for it and was trying for a while to earn some income from doing it but its an obsolete skill now unless you are really good at programming and stuff and its all changed since I was there and my energy and brain power combined are limited and its not as often as Id like I have enough of both combined so its something I fell away from so its a huge thing for me being able to get back into it because it did get me down for a while casue of health problems so its so good to be able to be back at some of it, its only really been possible since we moved here and life is a bit more relaxed and well we dont live in a crappy damp mouldy house anymore that its improved things a lot.

This is my GoT fan art design lol its not anything amazing but Im quite chuffed with it! :)

https://www.redbubble.com/people/fatcatdesignsuk/works/27254767-its-grrm-up-north?asc=u&ref=recent-owner

williejonesjr

Veteran
I have always liked to read a lot. Some of my favorite books were Les Miserables, Paradise Lost. I love Beowulf. It just fascinates me because it is so old. I love to picture what life would be like then and what it would mean to hear a story for them. I figure it is why old books are always so long because there wasn't a whole lot to do besides reading for entertainment. Just very quiet without all the noise. No cars. Just such a different lifestyle. It fascinates me. I also like to picture how many people have read the same story throughout history and it just makes me feel a connection to the past, I guess. Although, I read a lot more nonfiction most of the time.

I also love to write. I would like to write a book someday. Probably will have a science fiction feel to it.
That's why the Bible was a huge hit in it's day when it first came out- ppl had no entertainment.

williejonesjr

Veteran
My main hobbies are playing hearthstone and recently Ive started using spoonflower again, you can design and sell your designs on fabric wrapping paper and wallpaper, the do competitions every week so Ive started to get back into that again after almost 3 years away from it, also got a domain name so gonna make a website for my designs too, was going to start doing tshirt designs on spreadshirt again but they are a bit anal regarding copyright and dont even allow fan art so am just starting on redbubble for that, so far got two older designs I done ages ago and a new GoT themed one. I am currently working on my competition entry for another spoonflower competition thats coming up soon which am really excited about so am not entering any others cause Its a lot of work but if it turns out the way I want it too Ill probably buy a test swatch of it or something cause it will look nice in a frame maybe.

Used to do more web design, am not amazing at it but I did go to college for it and was trying for a while to earn some income from doing it but its an obsolete skill now unless you are really good at programming and stuff and its all changed since I was there and my energy and brain power combined are limited and its not as often as Id like I have enough of both combined so its something I fell away from so its a huge thing for me being able to get back into it because it did get me down for a while casue of health problems so its so good to be able to be back at some of it, its only really been possible since we moved here and life is a bit more relaxed and well we dont live in a crappy damp mouldy house anymore that its improved things a lot.

This is my GoT fan art design lol its not anything amazing but Im quite chuffed with it! :)

https://www.redbubble.com/people/fatcatdesignsuk/works/27254767-its-grrm-up-north?asc=u&ref=recent-owner
Nice. I do a bit of CSS myself. Not a lot. Just copying codes & being amazed when they work!

Carolyn

Star
lol css is pretty cool although its been a few years since I built a whole website, mostly use Joomla CMS less effort and you can do so much more with it, am lazy lol although its handy to know a bit of css for edting your templates for various CMS's.

williejonesjr

Veteran
lol css is pretty cool although its been a few years since I built a whole website, mostly use Joomla CMS less effort and you can do so much more with it, am lazy lol although its handy to know a bit of css for edting your templates for various CMS's.
You're a little more technically knowledged than I am ! I just play around with it!

williejonesjr

Veteran
I do a lot of resting. My schedule starts with a trip outside then I come back in and rest. I'll get up a bit later & snack out of my food bowl. Then I go out back and lay on the porch, tanning. Then it's back inside for more resting.

I like to jump online , read the latest gossip and conspiracies. I try not to fight w my brother. I would love to lay on the couch, but I'm not allowed anymore, thanks to my brother.

I don't like walks or exerting myself. I don't like being on a leash. It feels like I'm a prisoner.

I'm just an average dog, you could say.

Mr.Grieves

Veteran
My Hobbies: Reading, writing, fishing, the odd vidjyuh-game, watching way too much media (wonky foreign media in particular), wanking.

Lifestyle habits: I smoke the marijuana, I reject violence wherever possible (and am thus useless in a fight), I've a bad habit of exploring 'forbidden topics' like politics, religion and world-views in what others might expect would be small-talk, and I actively use no social media whatsoever.

I totally don't lift, bro.

Haich

Superstar
Like Mr Grieves I don't use social media, I do have whatsapp but even that is hardly used. I got rid of my Facebook around 6 years ago and honestly I don't feel like I'm missing out and the only time I feel I'm being 'media social' is when I'm on the VC forums

Lifestyle: busy schedule, work mornings, write up a lot of essays and plans for my classes so my laptop is my next of kin.
I'm currently into textual analysis, analysing adverts and music videos. I guess I'm on an optimistic journey to convert my students from pop music and doing more practical things with their time instead of worshipping dickheads like Bieber. I have a family too so I'm always trying to find ways to occupy my little one and though I haven't burned it yet, I'm mustering up the courage to rid my home of the TV

Hobbies: documentaries, writing in my journal, calligraphy, reading the Quran, listening to general debates and discussions on YouTube

I'm a pretty boring person, I don't watch many movies and TV I find nothing that interests me is ever on so other than the occasional documentary it's always off.

Oh and I bake

williejonesjr

Veteran
My Hobbies: Reading, writing, fishing, the odd vidjyuh-game, watching way too much media (wonky foreign media in particular), wanking.

Lifestyle habits: I smoke the marijuana, I reject violence wherever possible (and am thus useless in a fight), I've a bad habit of exploring 'forbidden topics' like politics, religion and world-views in what others might expect would be small-talk, and I actively use no social media whatsoever.

I totally don't lift, bro.
woo a fellow stoner!
I gave up the dope. I still will try to lap up spilled beer, though.

Good times. Good times.

Carolyn

Star
Its weird Ive only ever been a drinker when I wasnt a stoner, much prefer being a stoner but I do like a nice cold bottle of stella artois now and then, cant really drink much alcohol cause of the pain medications too. I drink too much coffee but thats cool cause it doesn't really do anything to me not the stuff I drink anyway, some other coffees make me really jittery and shaky and ill, horrible, energy drinks do that too.

Mr.Grieves

Veteran
I drink too much coffee but thats cool cause it doesn't really do anything to me not the stuff I drink anyway, some other coffees make me really jittery and shaky and ill, horrible, energy drinks do that too.
Oh, right. Tea. I drink fucktonnes, I'm talking metric fucktonnes of tea. Lapsang Souchong is my particular poison. Sexy tea, that.

Maes17

Superstar
Lifting and cardio. I've been on fire these past two months hitting new PR's in lifitng and cardio. Bench press is up to 220 for 5x5, squat is 260 for 5x5. I love sprinting, but jogging at night with some trance music is really calming and allows me to think.

Other hobbies include: being a daddy, binge watching the office and opening my mind to the symbolism of the industry. This site has been great. Glad to see a forum back up