"Operation Legend" Launches - Sending a "surge" of federal agents to U.S. Cities... "No Choice" ???

justjess

Superstar
Pre-crime arrest is sketcky, for sure....

Criminal intent does not negate arrest though. Law can argue that the protesters were conspiring to commit crime.

Evidence in support of that charge would be the physical evidence of already destroyed property (to justify conspiracy).

Now, where's that blasted time masheen?!

You still need evidence to accuse and prove conspiracy other then simply being somewhere. Sorry.

Last edited:

Aero

Superstar
Pre-crime arrest is sketcky, for sure....

Criminal intent does not negate arrest though. Law can argue that the protesters were conspiring to commit crime.

Evidence in support of that charge would be the physical evidence of already destroyed property (to justify conspiracy).

Now, where's that blasted time masheen?!
The conspiracy argument is very thin. Basically that would never hold up in court. But up is down these days so who knows.

Thunderian

Superstar
Pretty sure that's been covered.
And yet, it hasn’t, really.

It's unconstitutional to arrest or even detain someone without cause. So when a government official tells you they are proactively arresting people, they are telling you they have no cause.
No, see, when you actually read the entire “proactive” quote, you see that it didn’t mean they were just hauling people off the street. The federal police were being proactive by arresting criminals when local authorities were not. This has already been established, hasn’t it?

If you insist on interpreting that quote to mean what you think it does, then do you have any evidence that the feds are actually arresting randos for no reason? Other than the one quote? If the police were doing what you say, to the extent you say, where are the testimonies?

thanks that’s what I was looking for. To be clear though it’s not pre crime, it’s a 52 day on going crime that they are counter acting. You can be detained and searched for probable cause by law, if charges are pressed and evidence found then that’s when your rights are read to you I believe. Also if a protest is declared a riot then they have the right to use riot dispersing tactics

no tears shed from me over commies being arrested, you want to throw bombs at cops and buildings, don’t come crying when you get arrested

Lisa

Superstar
On day one the protests were entirely peaceful and protected under the first amendment
Uh huh..

George Floyd death: Why do some protests turn violent?
Most of the protests began peacefully - and several stayed peaceful. But in a large number of cases, demonstrators clashed with police, set police cars on fire, vandalised property or looted shops. The National Guard has activated 5,000 of its personnel across 15 states and Washington DC.

That was May and now we are nearing August with no real end in sight in some cities. Don’t forget about chaz..

Thunderian

Superstar
These protests have been violent since day one. Literally thousands of these people should be in jail for theft arson assault and vandalism, attempted murder, murder as well as simple political terrorism. Yet none of them are. True? Nobody has gone to jail for breaking the law and they want to cry about even being arrested, or rather CNN and Washington post cry for them

justjess

Superstar

No, see, when you actually read the entire “proactive” quote, you see that it didn’t mean they were just hauling people off the street. The federal police were being proactive by arresting criminals when local authorities were not. This has already been established, hasn’t it?

If you insist on interpreting that quote to mean what you think it does, then do you have any evidence that the feds are actually arresting randos for no reason? Other than the one quote? If the police were doing what you say, to the extent you say, where are the testimonies?

Read the whole exchange. In context. Legal scholars disagree with you.

justjess

Superstar
I’m confused. The point of the riots is to ensure Trump’s re-election? Shouldn’t you be more against them?
I’m not so easily put in a box huh?

what did I say on day two? That this was a setup, people needed to abandon ship, because it was being Orchestrated and used to demonize the left side of the political spectrum. So far everything that’s happened has confirmed all that as far as I’m concerned. I don’t know what else you want me to say.

my take on this does not mean I’m going to be okay with what the administration or government in general is doing in response to this. Two seperate issues. And people have a first amendment right to protest.

Aero

Superstar

Yeah we shouldn't need interpreters to understand what Chad Wolf meant. We shouldn't need to change the definition of proactive either.

Thunderian

Superstar

Read the whole exchange. In context. Legal scholars disagree with you.
They disagree with me on what the DHS meant by proactive? Whoop-di-do. This isn’t some point of law we’re debating, but what the DHS meant by proactive. What extra translational authority do these lawyers have in this situation that I don’t? All we have is the statement by the DHS, who have added that the arrests they are making are based on cause, which, unless you have some other evidence, means that your interpretation of their words is wrong, and that the arrests are constitutional.

Now, other than your self-serving interpretation of one comment, an interpretation that is not founded on any piece of evidence that you’ve provided to this point, what reason do you have for believing that the feds are unconstitutionally arresting innocent protesters?

Thunderian

Superstar
And people have a first amendment right to protest.
Absolutely, but they don’t have any right to set fires and attack people.

Most of the people who are being arrested have clear ties to Marxist and anarchist groups. How does that square with the idea that is a setup?

Thunderian

Superstar
Yeah we shouldn't need interpreters to understand what Chad Wolf meant. We shouldn't need to change the definition of proactive either.
No one has changed the meaning of proactive. In the context of the entire statement, and given the lack of evidence that he meant anything other than what he said, that they were having to act on their own, without the usual support from local authorities, your interpretation is looking more and more stupid all the time.

Aero

Superstar
No one has changed the meaning of proactive. In the context of the entire statement, and given the lack of evidence that he meant anything other than what he said, that they were having to act on their own, without the usual support from local authorities, your interpretation is looking more and more stupid all the time.
Hmm it kinda seems like you are changing the definition of proactive though. And making excuses for the feds.

I think we get you though. You want a mountain of evidence when it's a federal officer doing wrong. But when it's a protestor you are good with the cops words.

When I get off work I'll dig around for those testimonials you were asking for.

Thunderian

Superstar
Hmm it kinda seems like you are changing the definition of proactive though. And making excuses for the feds.

I think we get you though. You want a mountain of evidence when it's a federal officer doing wrong. But when it's a protestor you are good with the cops words.

When I get off work I'll dig around for those testimonials you were asking for.
Wolf explains exactly what he means by proactive. Since you clearly have no evidence to make you do so, do you mind explaining what makes you interpret it any other way?

Aero

Superstar
Wolf explains exactly what he means by proactive. Since you clearly have no evidence to make you do so, do you mind explaining what makes you interpret it any other way?
His admission corroborates reports from the ground. Check the link I just posted for more information on that.

Furthermore your interpretation makes even less sense. If the feds are within their jurisdictional authority they don't need to proactively take over anything. At best Wolf choose the worst possible wording. At worst he's confirming everything we are hearing.

Thunderian

Superstar
Sounds like she was arrested for probable cause (she was in the middle of a riot), then released a few hours later. This has happened to probably thousands of people, including plenty of journalists and photographers, during these protests and the attending riots. You wouldn’t know this because you seem pretty clueless in general, but authorities can hold a person for up to 72 hours without charging them. She was out in five hours. Someone call the ACLU. If she had a case for her constitutional rights being restricted, she’d be suing.