"Operation Legend" Launches - Sending a "surge" of federal agents to U.S. Cities... "No Choice" ???

justjess

Superstar
Yeah I remember.. it came to mind, especially when they gave that news conference announcing “proactive policing”

it seems like a better option then the military to me as well. The military is beholden to the country/constitution. This unit seems to only be beholden to the administration and is outside the military command

Karlysymon

Superstar
Could we eventually be (if we aren’t already) in a place where due to these things almost the entirety of the country could be considered under federal jurisdiction for this unit to be activated in?
Yeah I remember.. it came to mind, especially when they gave that news conference announcing “proactive policing”

it seems like a better option then the military to me as well. The military is beholden to the country/constitution. This unit seems to only be beholden to the administration and is outside the military command
I was web wandering and just stumbled upon this video. It seems people really are being disappeared by these units.
This is NOT good. And even if it isn't happening, it's bound to happen sooner or later because the lists do exist...as per my previous post.

1595723495513.png

Last edited:

Maes17

Superstar
Best prepare for such scenario. Hopefully it turns out to be nothing but just an enforcement on crime.

But if this turns into some nazi germany type stuff and I’m not here for a long time. Assume the worst.

Karlysymon

Superstar
Best prepare for such scenario. Hopefully it turns out to be nothing but just an enforcement on crime.
Crime is just going to increase here on out. There are too many unemployed people. The money and the food are eventually going to run out. The economy just went through a controlled demolition. How many stimulus checks are going to be sent out?

It then stands to reason that those units are here to stay.....for the foreseeable future.

Patrolling the streets of Iraq
1595795597510.png

1595795639928.png

@justjess
You were right to be concerned. As the guy in the video i posted said, the operation is so in your face but for some reason, some people aren't willing to see the obvious for what it is.

Maes17

Superstar
Crime is just going to increase here on out. There are too many unemployed people. The money and the food are eventually going to run out. The economy just went through a controlled demolition. How many stimulus checks are going to be sent out?

It then stands to reason that those units are here to stay.....for the foreseeable future.

Patrolling the streets of Iraq
View attachment 39633

View attachment 39634

@justjess
You were right to be concerned. As the guy in the video i posted said, the operation is so in your face but for some reason, some people aren't willing to see the obvious for what it is.
Things sound more doom & gloom on media articles/videos. In my real life and what I experience based on my perspectives things seem to be as normal as people can manage regarding lockdowns and such. But time will tell if/when something bigger happens

Aero

Superstar
if u really believe that u havent delved very deep into truth seeking.
What's the depth of your argument. Communism bad, capitalism good? Gee whiz, I better grab my oxygen tank because that shits deep bro.

What's the depth of your argument. Communism bad, capitalism good? Gee whiz, I better grab my oxygen tank because that shits deep bro.
and u blamed the american people for there own subversion, that was deep.

Tikawanda

Established
Is this actually going to achieve something positive or is it just his administration flexing again? What with all these talks about protesters being taken away in unmarked vans, I don't think I like the sound of more federal agents being deployed.

It's not that I have anything against crime being cleaned up, it's just that places like Chicago and Detroit have been a hotbed of crime for decades and yet nothing major was done about it before. So this happening now after the situation was ignored for so long just feels disingenuous.

Aero

Superstar
and u blamed the american people for there own subversion, that was deep.
No I didn't. All I've said in this thread is the police lost the hearts and minds of Americans. Which is a fact, if it wasn't there wouldn't be protests.

Of course, losing the hearts and minds tends to happen when cops murder unarmed people on camera.

I also touched on the fact that a lot of what we are seeing can be described as spontaneous. Again that's another fact. Nobody planned this out, we just see the usual suspects taking advantage of the chaos.

Karlysymon

Superstar

A different, decade-old authority CBP cited to The Daily Beast, 40 U.S. Code § 1315, empowers DHS to “make arrests without a warrant for any offense against the United States committed in the presence of the officer or agent or for any felony cognizable under the laws of the United States if the officer or agent has reasonable grounds to believe that the person to be arrested has committed or is committing a felony.”

Whether such “reasonable grounds” existed in Portland is the subject of substantial dispute. Protesters have said they were taken off the street and into minivans without any reasonable cause of action.

A Yale University philosophy professor who authored a book on fascism said the unfolding crackdown on the streets of Portland was ominous.
“Lawlessness in the name of law and order is the hallmark of fascism,” said Jason Stanley, author of How Fascism Works.

“We have been told by many that the Trump administration is just American politics as usual, with a dose of dysfunction, that we should not worry, that this too shall pass,” he said. “However, history teaches us that military and paramilitary forces bypassing the rule of law to crush dissent is a terrible sign of the nature of a regime. This is an alarm that must be heeded even by those who urge complacence.”

justjess

Superstar

A different, decade-old authority CBP cited to The Daily Beast, 40 U.S. Code § 1315, empowers DHS to “make arrests without a warrant for any offense against the United States committed in the presence of the officer or agent or for any felony cognizable under the laws of the United States if the officer or agent has reasonable grounds to believe that the person to be arrested has committed or is committing a felony.”

Whether such “reasonable grounds” existed in Portland is the subject of substantial dispute. Protesters have said they were taken off the street and into minivans without any reasonable cause of action.

A Yale University philosophy professor who authored a book on fascism said the unfolding crackdown on the streets of Portland was ominous.
“Lawlessness in the name of law and order is the hallmark of fascism,” said Jason Stanley, author of How Fascism Works.

“We have been told by many that the Trump administration is just American politics as usual, with a dose of dysfunction, that we should not worry, that this too shall pass,” he said. “However, history teaches us that military and paramilitary forces bypassing the rule of law to crush dissent is a terrible sign of the nature of a regime. This is an alarm that must be heeded even by those who urge complacence.”
“Proactive policing”

they’ve admitted - even bragged - that they are arresting people even when no crime is suspected to have occurred

Aero

Superstar
This story had the movie "Minority Report" trending on Twitter last week. There were some real gems being dropped. Mainly because it is like Minority Report, except without precogs or any skill involved whatsoever.

No I didn't. All I've said in this thread is the police lost the hearts and minds of Americans. Which is a fact, if it wasn't there wouldn't be protests.

Of course, losing the hearts and minds tends to happen when cops murder unarmed people on camera.

I also touched on the fact that a lot of what we are seeing can be described as spontaneous. Again that's another fact. Nobody planned this out, we just see the usual suspects taking advantage of the chaos.
U really belive the george floyd event was a real event?

Maes17

Superstar

Time will tell how this shapes out. Hopefully it ends up being a big nothing burger.

Maes17

Superstar
Is this actually going to achieve something positive or is it just his administration flexing again? What with all these talks about protesters being taken away in unmarked vans, I don't think I like the sound of more federal agents being deployed.

It's not that I have anything against crime being cleaned up, it's just that places like Chicago and Detroit have been a hotbed of crime for decades and yet nothing major was done about it before. So this happening now after the situation was ignored for so long just feels disingenuous.
Administration flexing. Election season. Have to look like you’re restoring order to civilization again.

Now the unmarked vans thing is sketchy

Aero

Superstar
U really belive the george floyd event was a real event?
Yes, I do. All the evidence points to the fact that it was real. Consider the video evidence, 2 autopsies, and a funeral. Plus it was police policy to pin down people suspected of having drug-induced psychosis. That last fact is literally going to be Derek Chauvin's defense in court. Of course, anyone with a brain would argue he still should have known better.

Wasn't the Nazi's defense that they were just following orders? Hmm, that's interesting, also interesting how you brought up depth. Call it the deep waters, or bigger picture, either way ignoring the underlying fascism present here seems really disingenuous. Now, if your talking about history being skewed or that the event contained some kind perception-based trickery we might be able to meet in the middle somewhere.

Yes, I do. All the evidence points to the fact that it was real. Consider the video evidence, 2 autopsies, and a funeral. Plus it was police policy to pin down people suspected of having drug-induced psychosis. That last fact is literally going to be Derek Chauvin's defense in court. Of course, anyone with a brain would argue he still should have known better.

Wasn't the Nazi's defense that they were just following orders? Hmm, that's interesting, also interesting how you brought up depth. Call it the deep waters, or bigger picture, either way ignoring the underlying fascism present here seems really disingenuous. Now, if your talking about history being skewed or that the event contained some kind perception-based trickery we might be able to meet in the middle somewhere.
theres a HUGE question mark, on the event being genuine for many reasons. I cant with any real conviction say it was a real event. The symbolism around it, his connections, and even the police custody photos of derek chauvin suggest otherwise.

Fascism? Do u have any concept of what fascism is? Its not police brutality, which has always existed and exists in every country. Thats not fascism at all. You like many others are conflating the issue.