Online censorship

I don't like all this censorship happening...it's too 1984 for my tastes and I think it's bad news. Look at what's happening in England...folks are getting put in prison for "hate" speech even though it's impossible to define what constitutes as "hate speech."

Anyway youtube definitely censors...so one always has to look for a myriad of sources to try and get a true perspective of things.

Bacsi

Star

Bacsi

Star
Agreed. We're being policed in every facet of our life now. Perhaps it's only a matter of time before the elites truly do control society
They'll do it as soon as they think they can do it without causing a revolt. Maybe after introducing rigid police state. Today it's implemented slowly but surely

Masked crusader7

Established
I don't like all this censorship happening...it's too 1984 for my tastes and I think it's bad news. Look at what's happening in England...folks are getting put in prison for "hate" speech even though it's impossible to define what constitutes as "hate speech."

Anyway youtube definitely censors...so one always has to look for a myriad of sources to try and get a true perspective of things.
the internet will shut down one day holy spirit told me awhile back its true it could happen anytime.

DesertRose

Superstar
The channel Merciful Servant was shut down by Youtube for a few hours. They had zero strikes and zero copyright issues as well as no controversial messages. It was reinstated, thankfully, but it should be pointed out that these violations are on the increase.
OUR CHANNEL GOT SHUTDOWN! (FULL STORY & HOW TO HELP)

Last edited:
Youtube's popularity is a double-edged sword. On one hand, it's the largest platform to let your voice be heard. On the other side of things the bigger, it gets the more restricted it becomes although I'd blame advertisers more than YouTube itself.

There are a couple of left-wing YouTube channels I watch that don't/can't monetize because of their subject matter (saying "fascism bad" is alright, saying "capitalism bad" usually isn't). If they make money, they make it off pateron. Even more benign, generic YouTuber's like Philip Defranco often take a hit because of some news segment that's a little too taboo.

It's censorship, but its really not censorship in the case of YouTube as an entity trying to silence people because what they say is taboo or transgressive. It's more that the taboo and transgressive are things that make the average person a little uneasy and that advertisers don't want to be attached to anything that's more than minorly controversial.

DesertRose

Superstar
Cointelpro tactics;
Agent Provocateurs emphasize:

1. Attacking individuals for what they believe/advocate (ad hominem)
  2. Divisiveness to the exclusion of constructive debate; avoidance of civility and polite discussion
  3. The use of ridicule, divisive labels, sarcasm, accusations, and ad hominem to bait fights rather than constructive dialog. As well, personal commentary, past battles, group associations, etc. are all highlighted for the purpose of divisive arguments
  4. Straw-man (often with divisive labels): distorting the position of your opponent in order to make them defensive and bait an argument
  5. A refusal to fairly debate or acknowledge contrary opinions/evidence and instead attack individuals for what they advocate

In short, an Agent Provocateur is an expert in ad hominem:

1. Attacking an individual rather than critiquing their position
  2. Attacking an individual while critiquing/attacking/distorting their position