One sentence piece of advice you would give your younger self

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
No gods, no masters. Only philosophy particularly Anarchism, true human freedom. That’s the only thing worth living fighting and dying for.
What if my freedom conflicts with your wishes? Should the “might is right” principle arbitrate between us or do you believe evolutionary psychology offers some form of meaningful overarching morality?

Most children in the playground are anarchists at heart, will defend its philosophy to the hilt when they want something, yet frequently betray their beliefs when they feel poorly done to by other kids!

Vulpesrex

Rookie
Honestly?

Stop Drinking, DUMBASS. (I got the letters SDD tatted on my hand in a funny script so it looks like a weird design a while ago but still have struggled with occasional use since then)

Celebrating 48 days of sobriety from alcohol and party favors today. (other than weed, caffeine, and cigs which I don't count because they dont make me do crazy stuff like the other things do.)

Feels good. Idk. Don't want to get into the whole story but I'd definitely tell that to my rambunctious teenage self if I could go back in time.

Lisa

Superstar
Honestly?

Stop Drinking, DUMBASS. (I got the letters SDD tatted on my hand in a funny script so it looks like a weird design a while ago but still have struggled with occasional use since then)

Celebrating 48 days of sobriety from alcohol and party favors today. (other than weed, caffeine, and cigs which I don't count because they dont make me do crazy stuff like the other things do.)

Feels good. Idk. Don't want to get into the whole story but I'd definitely tell that to my rambunctious teenage self if I could go back in time.
Glad you decided to stop drinking...48 days is awesome!!

Maes17

Superstar
Honestly?

Good job. I was on a drinking binge here from 2013-2017. Quit cold turkey. It was bad. I’d go to be sometimes having minor tremors. I was pretty angry back then. Felt stuck in life and felt like I wasn’t providing for my family. Even though I was.

48 days is a milestone. Idk if it was withdrawals but I was irritable 6-8 month sober mark.

- 3rd and 4th month I was extremely energized.
- Another note about 3 months in - I craved heineken light. Didn’t give in.
-Developed a sweet tooth.

Vulpesrex

Rookie
Good job. I was on a drinking binge here from 2013-2017. Quit cold turkey. It was bad. I’d go to be sometimes having minor tremors. I was pretty angry back then. Felt stuck in life and felt like I wasn’t providing for my family. Even though I was.

48 days is a milestone. Idk if it was withdrawals but I was irritable 6-8 month sober mark.

- 3rd and 4th month I was extremely energized.
- Another note about 3 months in - I craved heineken light. Didn’t give in.
-Developed a sweet tooth.
Lol @ the sweet tooth. Caprisuns and kinder eggs are life right now. Great job to you as well!

I've been kinda irritable too but today was one of the first days that actually felt honestly great. Been spending a lot more time on VC lately not just bc virus news but because my social media feeds are clogged up with pics of everyone day drinking at home and it was annoying me.

Maes17

Superstar
Lol @ the sweet tooth. Caprisuns and kinder eggs are life right now. Great job to you as well!

I've been kinda irritable too but today was one of the first days that actually felt honestly great. Been spending a lot more time on VC lately not just bc virus news but because my social media feeds are clogged up with pics of everyone day drinking at home and it was annoying me.
Sounds like you’ll go through the same stuff as me lol. It’s bearable. Just be prepped to be irritable some days. Your mood will improve as the day goes on. If you ever need encouragement feel free to PM me. 48 days means you’re strong enough to go on. But if you ever have those rough days.

Yeah dark chocolate bars and mcflurries were my go to’s lol. Congrats. 48 days and counting.

Three years sober here. Another beautiful thing about quitting is the awareness and mental capacity that came back. That’s one thing I’ve been proud of and now that I have control is my decision making/thought process. When I was an alcoholic it was always impulse reaction.

You’ll notice you’ll be able to think on your feet.