Once Saved Always Saved

TokiEl

Superstar
I also think that if people actually thought that there was a danger in falling away..of following the wrong way...they might be more alert for bad theology or false teachers?
Yes they would listen more to the shepherde.

Lisa

Superstar
I think it comes down to the pattens of the Jewish wedding that Jesus was talking about (and which would have made perfect sense to those in that area and time):-

Or to go along with the theme of the Bible its not really a osas kinda faith. One must work at staying in the faith and not getting deceived out of it.

Lisa

Superstar
Yes they would listen more to the shepherde.
I think they would..at least they would care more to open their Bible and not listen to false teachers or prophets..fearful that if they did..they might fall away...but as it is..osas is a real thing to a great many people...and they use their itchy ears to believe the teachers they like.

Lisa

Superstar
@elsbet

MARK 4:2-9

And He began teaching them many things in parables, and in His teaching He was saying to them, “Listen! Behold, the one sowing went out to sow. And it came to pass as he sowed, some fell along the road, and the birds came and devoured it.

And other fell upon the rocky place where it had not much soil, and it sprang up immediately, because of not having depth of soil. And after the sun rose, it was scorched, and because of not having root, it withered away.

And other fell among the thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked it, and it yielded no fruit.

And other fell into the good soil and began yielding fruit, growing up and increasing, and one bearing thirtyfold, and one sixty, and one a hundred.”

And He was saying, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear.”

Didn’t sound like he believed in the first place...

A Freeman

Superstar
Matthew 16:27 For the Son of Man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his WORKS.

Matthew 7:13-14
7:13 Enter ye in at the "Strait" gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
7:14 Because Strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] The Way, which leadeth unto Life, and FEW there be that find it.

John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son (Enoch 58:1; 60:11; 68:39, Matt. 25:31-46):

Revelation 7:4-9
7:4 And I HEARD the number of them which were sealed: [and there were] sealed an hundred [and] forty [and] four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
7:5 Of the tribe of Judah [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad [were] sealed twelve thousand.
7:6 Of the tribe of Asher [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Naphtali [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasseh [were] sealed twelve thousand.
7:7 Of the tribe of Simeon [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar [were] sealed twelve thousand.
7:8 Of the tribe of Zebulun [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph/Ephraim [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin [were] sealed twelve thousand.
7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could count (which is why he was told in verse 4), of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the Throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

Revelation 14:1-4
14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the Mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty [and] four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
14:2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many "waters", and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
14:3 And they sung as it were a New Song (Isaiah 42:10) before the Throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that "Song" except the hundred [and] forty [and] four thousand, which were redeemed from the Earth.
14:4 These are they which were not corrupted by women; for they are pure. These are they which follow the Lamb wheresoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, [being] the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb (obeying God NOT women).

Revelation 20:12-13
20:12 And I saw the "Dead", small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another Book was opened, which is [the Book] of Life: and the "Dead" were judged out of those things which were written in the Books, according to their works.
20:13 And the "sea" gave up the "Dead" which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their WORKS.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and ALL LIARS, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with Fire and brimstone: which is the second death.