Occult Symbolism and Capitalism - A means to an Ends.

JustAMan

Rookie
The intro articles on VigilantCitizen give a fascinating read on media communications theory and what interests and engages the consumer. Would be great to hear thoughts how and why the Occult symbolism appeals to youthful counter-culture within the context of "selling" it to the masses.

Furthermore what happens when the youth mature? Does the Occult still have lasting "selling power" to the consumer when such a person becomes less "rebellious" and ceases to consume popular media. Does the message become one to the disenfranchised and those looking for more in life than capricious consumption.

Perhaps once could construct an Occult Lifecycle of Usefulness with a Capitalist sphere - hey maybe this diagram could become part of the Occult Canon - hell I'm in!

Having spent most of my life hanging out with freaks and weirdos my entirely life... It's not an easy question to answer.

Most people "grow out of it". It's a phase of rebellion, to freak out their conservative parents. Half-way through college, they drop their interest in that sort of thing and just become "normal people".

For those with who stick around "occult media", they usually don't care about anything but the aesthetic. I know a lot of people who are big into heavy metal music. If you go through their record collection. you'll find images of pentagrams, skeletons, and demons... But most of the people that listen to it? It's just things they listen to for fun; you'll also likely find a handful of Christian artists in there to. Heck, I even know some metalheads that are devout Christians.

Stephania

Star
Perhaps once could construct an Occult Lifecycle of Usefulness with a Capitalist sphere - hey maybe this diagram could become part of the Occult Canon - hell I'm in!
Why would you think that occult (based on sorcery, luciferianism and satanism with no God) could somehow be used for good.. let alone capitalism from it?

JustAMan

Rookie
Why would you think that occult (based on sorcery, luciferianism and satanism with no God) could somehow be used for good.. let alone capitalism from it?
This was a lame attempt to have a go at this very site and its attempt to make money from it (Occultism) - can't beat em join em. . Shit - all hell will break loose now!