Occult Books for Beginners

Brunorht

Rookie
I looked in the forum and I didn't find it , that 's why the thread , can indicate literature on the occult , for a deeper study on symbologies and themes , thanks .

AmazingGrace

Established
Well, I could name several I often hear about, but a warning comes with them always. There are occult books that are "safe" to read, books that are written in a way to mislead or in worst cases harm the reader, and books that are not safe even if you just own a physical copy and don't read it. They are also referred to as books that are "alive", and by getting knowledge from them doesn't only mean you're getting info, but also knowledge in a form of an experience. Basically opening doors in your life to evil spirits. Don't know how far you plan to go, but with spells and summoning just remember people never have control over what's happening, and it always backfires in unexpected way. So beware of this if you get to read occult books despite warnings. I'm not going to name the books, for I don't want to be responsible for what happens if you read them.

Journeyman

Established
There's a massive amount available online in pdf format, many of which I've stumbled across whilst researching. I've been thinking about starting a thread to try and put all the links into one place for others use.

I'm not however able to advise you as to which you should pursue and I take the warnings offered by @AmazingGrace and others seriously. I think that idea of being careful about looking into the abyss too long is a good one, after some time the abyss starts to look back!

Perhaps if you said what it was you wished to achieve by your studies it would be easier to give you a suggestion?

Brunorht

Rookie
In fact I would like to know only the symbologies , mainly to be able to identify them and understand the contexts in current pop culture

Journeyman

Established
In fact I would like to know only the symbologies , mainly to be able to identify them and understand the contexts in current pop culture
Here's a site with many of the common symbols:

I find this blog often very insightful on rituals and occult symbols in pop culture:

As I said, I've got a lot of links, but they'll need some sorting out, so maybe I'll start a different thread and try and get them into some order!

Apheirox

Established
“When you come into the land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominable practices of those nations. There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord. And because of these abominations the Lord your God is driving them out before you."

Brunorht

Rookie
Here's a site with many of the common symbols:

I find this blog often very insightful on rituals and occult symbols in pop culture:

As I said, I've got a lot of links, but they'll need some sorting out, so maybe I'll start a different thread and try and get them into some order!
Thanks bro

TrustNo1

Established
Well, I could name several I often hear about, but a warning comes with them always. There are occult books that are "safe" to read, books that are written in a way to mislead or in worst cases harm the reader, and books that are not safe even if you just own a physical copy and don't read it. They are also referred to as books that are "alive", and by getting knowledge from them doesn't only mean you're getting info, but also knowledge in a form of an experience. Basically opening doors in your life to evil spirits. Don't know how far you plan to go, but with spells and summoning just remember people never have control over what's happening, and it always backfires in unexpected way. So beware of this if you get to read occult books despite warnings. I'm not going to name the books, for I don't want to be responsible for what happens if you read them.
Reminds me of when rapper X said "careful, they (books) have demons attached to them"
He was also looking into the occult, alchemy, etc..
1629574708978.png

Maes17

Superstar
Knew it wouldn't take long for these two shills to weigh in on the matter... although not from a "deeper study of symbology and themes point of view" since they stand against everything VC believes in...

Anyway, Brunorht, a quick search of what people have messaged you yields this:

- The Wiki page is full of the usual BS obfuscation
- The Illuminati Symbols one does the usual trick of telling the truth but in a manner like this, in order to build upon previous subconscious programming in order to encourage dismissal: "To some conspiracy theorists, the all-seeing eye represents the eye of Lucifer, ever watchful over the sheeple."
- Secret Sun - never seen this before but looks interesting

Peace
I don’t believe/know a hoopla about magic.
So occult stuff is laughable imo

Knew it wouldn't take long for these two shills to weigh in on the matter... although not from a "deeper study of symbology and themes point of view" since they stand against everything VC believes in...
"You're a shell if you don't share my personal view of the conspiracy!" I also don't rightly care what "VC" believes in... I've long spoken that I think the focus on symbolism is largely meaningless since symbols only have the power that are given my individuals and that the same thing can mean more than one thing, depending on person.

Journeyman

Established
- The Illuminati Symbols one does the usual trick of telling the truth but in a manner like this, in order to build upon previous subconscious programming in order to encourage dismissal: "To some conspiracy theorists, the all-seeing eye represents the eye of Lucifer, ever watchful over the sheeple."
- Secret Sun - never seen this before but looks interesting
To be fair to the Illuminatisymbols site author(s) I think they're trying to present from a neutral perspective, which is not a bad way to present information if you want people to be able to make their own minds up. It's also worth pointing out that there's a lot of argument over what a symbol such as the all seeing eye is actually representing? I've seen many different explanations for that and other symbols.

Anyway I thought it was a decent place to get some basic info without investing many hours. There's no doubt though that there's a lot more to learn about these things than that site, or likely any one site can convey.

Secret Sun is a great site and always gets me thinking. Highly recommended. :)

Thanks bro
You're most welcome.

I had a look through my bookmarks and thought I'd share some more sites you could try if you wanted to research this topic more deeply:

This link takes you to the Esoteric section of Library Genesis. There are many full works available here.
The Academy of Ancient Texts is a superb collection if you want to go to the source of many of the myths and legends you'll see referenced in occult works.
Archive.Org - again a link to take you to the occult entries. There's a vast amount of works available there.

As I said above at some point I'll try and collect these and more into one page of links to share, but hopefully you'll find what you need in what's been posted here already. :)

Nikōn

Veteran
Reminds me of when rapper X said "careful, they (books) have demons attached to them"
He was also looking into the occult, alchemy, etc..
View attachment 60949
I'd say be careful of matching occultists with superstitions like that.
A book is, in itself, just bound-up pieces of paper.
A book can not be a "curse" other than in the colloquial sense (that a particular book, say Marx's Das Kapital or Darwin's Origin of the Species) is a big influence on the way mainstream culture thinks and acts.