Not so subtle messaging from Hollister (via a parcel)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I have absolutely no idea what “intersectional” or “Latinx” mean?!

Given that Hollister market cloths to teenagers, I find it interesting that they market confusion (repackaging it as bravery and individuality) to them along with their overpriced cloths that don’t wash very well (showing my age ;-)

polymoog

Superstar
not that i buy brand name clothes, but i wouldve sent the package back to hollister letting them know i refuse to accept it.
there was no "straight" choice available, so i am offended for not being included.
hell, id sue for hurt feelings. :)

~JC~

Veteran
not that i buy brand name clothes, but i wouldve sent the package back to hollister letting them know i refuse to accept it.
there was no "straight" choice available, so i am offended for not being included.
hell, id sue for hurt feelings. :)
LOL I'll go the extra mile and say i'm offended they used the Windows 3.1 paint application for their graphics :confused:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Well, you learn something new every day!

Latinx
/laˈtiːnɛks,ləˈtiːnɛks/
NORTH AMERICAN

noun
a person of Latin American origin or descent (used as a gender-neutral or non-binary alternative to Latino or Latina).
"the books share stories of the civil rights struggle for African Americans, Latinxs, and LGBTQ people"

adjective
relating to people of Latin American origin or descent (used as a gender-neutral or non-binary alternative to Latino or Latina).
"a unique Latinx perspective that other shows don't really capture"

Yeah, Latinx is just gender-neutral term for Latino/Latina.

Intersectionality is the belief that all oppression is interlocked and can't really be fought individually. Racial, sexual, gender and class issues are all interwoven and you really can't fight against one without fighting against the other. But there's a bit irony claiming to be intersectional and selling $24 sweatpants.

Awoken2

Superstar
I just noticed my online banking app has changed.....I guess it just wasn't colourful enough.

So since the app's inceptiom it's been this...

download.jpeg

But now it's changed to this

fj57HUJa_400x400.jpg

Last edited:

Awoken2

Superstar
This has nothing to do with gay pride. The LGBT community is representative of somewhere from 2.5% to 5% of the world's population making it very much a small minority.

From what I have witnessed a gay pride parade is just a load of non hetrosexuals walking through the streets openly flaunting their sexuality...but why? Isn't a person's sexuality a private thing? Why are they putting their sexual preferences in view to people that just aren't interested? You don't see a heterosexual pride march because it's nobody else's business, they.don't need a march.

It's the same as religion, believe what you want to believe, that's fine...but when you try and ram your beliefs down the throat of a totally disinterested party don't go playing the victimised minority card when you start getting some kick back.

But if you see how today the LBGT agenda is permeating society via music, news, media. It's even now pushing to change school curriculums to change gender identities to a more non binary model....it's all a little disproportionate for such a minority group don't you think?

So I'll ask a question to two of the forums biggest supporters of LGBT (other letters available by request) rights @mecca and @Colonel Valerio.

What rights are exactly being abused of LGBT people that justifies such sweeping social changes to the other 95% of the planet such as being liable to arrest for misgendering a person and having our children be taught there is no such thing as a boy or a girl?

A person's sexual preference has nothing to do with a person's rights, it isn't relevant, it's only relevant when an LGBT person makes it relevant by bringing it up.

Last edited:

mecca

Superstar
What rights are exactly being abused of LGBT people that justifies such sweeping social changes to the other 95% of the planet such as being liable to arrest for misgendering a person and having our children be taught there is no such thing as a boy or a girl?
None of that is occurring. And LGBT people don’t have equal rights, the LGBTQ+ movement is about securing those rights. Affording equal rights to LGBT people doesn’t take away non-LGBT people’s rights.

mecca

Superstar
None of what is occurring exactly?
There is no law that says it’s illegal for people to misgender other people and no one has been arrested for it. And no one has taught anyone that there’s no such thing as a boy or a girl. And like I already said, giving LGBT people equal rights doesn’t take away anyone else’s rights.

It’s kind of pathetic that people are getting worked up at the sight of a shipping package that happens to be rainbow themed. It shouldn’t be unexpected that corporations want to cash in on the support for LGBT rights. I’ve brought this up before, it’s called rainbow capitalism. They slap a rainbow on everything to make their company look good and make a bunch of money off of the LGBT community but they don’t actually do anything to help LGBT people in need. It’s just marketing... and if you have a problem with it then take it out on the corporations, not LGBT people who just want to be treated fairly in society.