Not Crossing The Rubicon with Netflix

Toulouse

Established
Netflix has been pushing the envelope for quite some time now. Realizing that I've been ashamedly sucked in by various shows - Turn is pretty cool - I can no longer stomach the latest debasement. I quit watching Green Arrow with same-sex attraction stuff, the same-sex Jesus thing was too stupid to let it bother me, the plethora shows with mind control themes. And now, the oversexualization of young girls with "Cuties."

Hannibal used elephants to attack Rome, and I have a white elephant in my living room - can't ignore it anymore. I've cancelled my subscription to Netflix. Who will join me? There is some pretty good stuff on Pureflix. Better yet, turn the tube off and get involved in your communities politically: run for office, volunteer at a nursing home, invite neighbors over that you've never spoken to. Create communities. Donate to the Trump campaign. I never thought I'd say that after the Bush I and II, but Trump is not the Bushes. And by the way, yes, he is very rich and could pay for his own campaign, but why should he, he's serving our country. Got a little sidetracked...my apologies.

Cancel you subscriptions to Netflix. Be brave. Who will join me and send the message that this is too much. No more. Simply "then don't watch it" will not suffice. We are at war and the cultural "elites" as winning.

Johnny5

Veteran
We cancelled our subscription about a year ago. We had been subscribers for about 15 years. We had found we weren't watching it anymore. So glad we did. We have other subs like PureFlix and record some OTA TV but not much of that anymore. We recently did a free trial of YouTube tv, but won't pay for it. We were shocked at the commercials now days and how much of the tv shows are just pushing agendas we don't agree with or want to subject our children to.

Toulouse

Established
We cancelled our subscription about a year ago. We had been subscribers for about 15 years. We had found we weren't watching it anymore. So glad we did. We have other subs like PureFlix and record some OTA TV but not much of that anymore. We recently did a free trial of YouTube tv, but won't pay for it. We were shocked at the commercials now days and how much of the tv shows are just pushing agendas we don't agree with or want to subject our children to.
Bravo!!!

Lisa

Superstar
Tv and movies have always been about debasement and normalizing sin....the ruler of the world is satan..how could it not be?

Lisa

Superstar
I think his old reliable tool has been the tv while his newest tool is social media.
It’s an amazing world..to be so intertwined like we are..to have such an increase in knowledge and satan still rules the world...working his lies everyday.

Daze

Superstar
Donate to the Trump campaign.

And by the way, yes, he is very rich and could pay for his own campaign,
Sheldon Anderson, Vegas mob bosses donations aren't enough? Its more then I'll make in this lifetime.

but why should he, he's serving our country.
Really?

Maybe you can tell us how giving 6 trillion to the banks helps our country?

Did you know if i gave you a dollar every minute it would take me just over 31,000 years to give you a trillion dollars. Stop and let that sink in for a minute. Thirty One Thousand Years. A TRILLION is a massive number.

Now, about 6 months ago Trump gave 6 trillion to the bankers while 300,000+ American businesses have shut their doors NEVER to reopen again. How many Americans have relied on food banks to put dinner on there table this year? People sat in lines for hours waiting for a hand out the lines were so long. How many millions are facing eviction? 1/3 of the nation can't even pay rent.

But who cares, we gotta protect the banks says Chump. 6 trillion. Our kids, grand kids and great grand kids are gonna be paying that off don't cha know because Chump sold em down the river.

Why are we still in the middle east? (I know its because we're Israels b****) but seriously. Remember when Trump used to tweet about Obama continuing these endless wars? Its been 4 years with Chump in the oval office now, when does the puppet in chief plan to cut our loses? How many trillions now have been spent on protecting Israel and Afghans opium fields? Do you think its its all sunshine and rainbows over there when American boys are killing themselves at 22 a day?

When has Chump EVER spoke out against the military industrial complex?

Serving our country, you mean by filling his cabinet with Wallstreet? War mongers like Pompeo and Maddog?

What a joke. What we have is a literal actor in DC playing his role, lining his pockets waiting for the next puppet to come in and replace him.

I cut netflix off like 6 years ago, along with all the other main stream garbage. Probably why I'm not part of the left/ right paradigm.

Bent8484

Established
Netflix has been pushing the envelope for quite some time now. Realizing that I've been ashamedly sucked in by various shows - Turn is pretty cool - I can no longer stomach the latest debasement. I quit watching Green Arrow with same-sex attraction stuff, the same-sex Jesus thing was too stupid to let it bother me, the plethora shows with mind control themes. And now, the oversexualization of young girls with "Cuties."

Hannibal used elephants to attack Rome, and I have a white elephant in my living room - can't ignore it anymore. I've cancelled my subscription to Netflix. Who will join me? There is some pretty good stuff on Pureflix. Better yet, turn the tube off and get involved in your communities politically: run for office, volunteer at a nursing home, invite neighbors over that you've never spoken to. Create communities. Donate to the Trump campaign. I never thought I'd say that after the Bush I and II, but Trump is not the Bushes. And by the way, yes, he is very rich and could pay for his own campaign, but why should he, he's serving our country. Got a little sidetracked...my apologies.

Cancel you subscriptions to Netflix. Be brave. Who will join me and send the message that this is too much. No more. Simply "then don't watch it" will not suffice. We are at war and the cultural "elites" as winning.
I'm considering it. All I use Netflix for these days is old Star Trek, and I can get that from CBS for half the price along with the new series that are only there. I think "Love, Death and Robots" was the only Netflix original content I've seen in the last two years that I'd bother recommending. (The Dirk Gently adaptation was pretty good, but Netflix cancelled it. I should've stopped giving them money then and there.)

free2018

Star

I cancelled last year because of the sodomite Yeshua show.
I no longer watch "my shows" like the Green Arrow.
I am not surprised by "Cuties".
Thanks for reminding me why I don't watch Netflix anymore.

look
say they made it about Mohammad..
you're writing about boycotting netflix on a forum right?
it literally only takes 5 muslims on twitter to comment eg
"i cant believe netflix, this is offensive"
"i'm boycotting netflix"

The daily mail, the sun etc, those type of media outlets will just create a sensational headline
"MUSLIM STORM OVER NETFLIX"
then make it about islam vs free speech and the west.

this is the shit we muslims have to deal with every other weekend..it isnt the content that offends me, it's the media sensationalising every word muslims say..and it only takes a few random comments online..

now you won't see muslims talk about how christianity is anti-freedom...so why the hell did so many christians jump in against us when offensive material was being pushed against us? in fact much of that material comes from the christians.

Toulouse

Established
Tv and movies have always been about debasement and normalizing sin....the ruler of the world is satan..how could it not be?
I agree that in the past 50 years they have become that, but I think of movies such as The Bells of St. Mary's, The Ten Commandments, Ben Hur, The Robe just to name a few.

Lisa

Superstar
I agree that in the past 50 years they have become that, but I think of movies such as The Bells of St. Mary's, The Ten Commandments, Ben Hur, The Robe just to name a few.
And you can only really name a few..right? Even I Love Lucy was a bad show from the pov of women. The husband thought and knew he was smarter than her and knew better than Lucy. He treated her as a second class citizen who really shouldn’t be left by herself to do anything. Didn’t back her up or help her with what she wanted. So she was forced to come up with cockamamie schemes...apparently. And they were all funny but it doesn’t take away the fact that she wasn’t in a marriage where her husband valued her or helped her but worked against her all the time. Yet that show was very influential and was the funniest show on tv. Thought to be a ‘family’ show. When it was really about misogyny...us little women who are really just too stupid. It took me a while to see it as I used to watch that show all the time and thought Lucy was so funny..but deep down that show wasn’t really that funny.

Daze

Superstar
in fact much of that material comes from the christians.
To be fair alot comes from pseudo "Christians" like David Wood. This useful idiot makes $9,600 a month on his patreon.
9.6k x 12 (months)= $115,200 (annually). $115K is more then double my annual salary and i work for a living. Thats politician pay grade.

Its always been big business to attack Islam. I forget who said it, "but if you want to get rich, write a book attacking Islam."

Its worth pointing out that a large share of "anti-Islam" comes from Zionist Christians, but these people are not Christians, not when they worship those who they believe killed Jesus. A Zionist Christian is literally an oxymoron.

I am not bothered by it personally. Its literally prophetic.
Quran 3:118 said:
O you who have believed, do not take as intimates those other than yourselves, for they will not spare you [any] ruin. They wish you would have hardship. Hatred has already appeared from their mouths, and what their breasts conceal is greater. We have certainly made clear to you the signs, if you will use reason.
It doesn't get any clearer.

Lisa

Superstar
To be fair alot comes from pseudo "Christians" like David Wood. This useful idiot makes $9,600 a month on his patreon.
9.6k x 12 (months)= $115,200 (annually). $115K is more then double my annual salary and i work for a living. Thats politician pay grade.

Its always been big business to attack Islam. I forget who said it, "but if you want to get rich, write a book attacking Islam."

Its worth pointing out that a large share of "anti-Islam" comes from Zionist Christians, but these people are not Christians, not when they worship those who they believe killed Jesus. A Zionist Christian is literally an oxymoron.

I am not bothered by it personally. Its literally prophetic.

It doesn't get any clearer.
That’s a good income..thank goodness for capitalism! He probably could use the money since a couple of his sons have health issues.

Is it big business to attack islam? I guess we could ask Charlie Hebdo and Salmon Rushdie...or even Theo Van Gogh. Geert Wilders and Ayaan Kirsi Ali need bodyguards 24/7...seems like you insult islam..you die or get death threats..no big business out of that.

Anti islam comes from people paying attention and not believing the muslim propaganda.

Why wouldn’t Christians like God’s chosen people..God hasn’t rejected them..so why should we?

Toulouse

Established
And you can only really name a few..right? Even I Love Lucy was a bad show from the pov of women. The husband thought and knew he was smarter than her and knew better than Lucy. He treated her as a second class citizen who really shouldn’t be left by herself to do anything. Didn’t back her up or help her with what she wanted. So she was forced to come up with cockamamie schemes...apparently. And they were all funny but it doesn’t take away the fact that she wasn’t in a marriage where her husband valued her or helped her but worked against her all the time. Yet that show was very influential and was the funniest show on tv. Thought to be a ‘family’ show. When it was really about misogyny...us little women who are really just too stupid. It took me a while to see it as I used to watch that show all the time and thought Lucy was so funny..but deep down that show wasn’t really that funny.
At six minutes before 7:00 AM, that was about the best I could do...lol. Of course there were others...Citizen Cane, To Kill A Mocking Bird, Paths of Glory, Davey Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier, Julius Caesar, Ivanhoe, Richard III, all of Hitchcock's films, John Ford's films, Shane, to name just a few.

Interesting take on Lucy. I always thought that it was because she was conniving and goofy that Ricky was the way he was as a husband. I thought that the show taught young watchers to be manipulative and to go behind your future spouse's back. The redeeming quality of the show was that Lucy's schemes almost always backfired. Did you know that she was a suspected communist?

Then there was Father Knows Best - an ironic title because his kids rarely listened to him.

Probably the best show was My Three Sons.

Lisa

Superstar
At six minutes before 7:00 AM, that was about the best I could do...lol. Of course there were others...Citizen Cane, To Kill A Mocking Bird, Paths of Glory, Davey Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier, Julius Caesar, Ivanhoe, Richard III, all of Hitchcock's films, John Ford's films, Shane, to name just a few.

Interesting take on Lucy. I always thought that it was because she was conniving and goofy that Ricky was the way he was as a husband. I thought that the show taught young watchers to be manipulative and to go behind your future spouse's back. The redeeming quality of the show was that Lucy's schemes almost always backfired. Did you know that she was a suspected communist?

Then there was Father Knows Best - an ironic title because his kids rarely listened to him.

Probably the best show was My Three Sons.
I can’t speak to the shows you mentioned..as I’ve never seen them.

Does being a suspected communist mean that’s the reason the show was the way it was? I didn’t think that the show was saying be manipulative...she never got away with it. In fact they did everything they could to make her look like a loser. No wonder that relationship didn’t last.

I have a vague recollection of Father knows best..the only thing I remember was that the father in the show was indeed playing the role of a good father. I barely remember My Three Sons..I don’t think I watched it that much.

I remember watching Bob Newhart who’s neighbor was a divorced pilot and the Odd Couple who were both divorced. Mary Tyler Moore gets her own show that is about feminism...she doesn’t need a man she does her own thing...things definitely started to change. But, if you watch old movies..that was a different time..those people didn’t think the same way. I watched a Quiet Man the other night. My mom said it was her favorite movie...and I was surprised at how John Wayne treated Maureen O’Hara...but I shouldn’t have..he was the same way in McLintock!

Bent8484

Established
...and also Lucille Ball was a satanist. (And yes, I know she's responsible for Star Trek getting made, too... but I'm not gonna stop watching that lol. Behold my double standard!)

Lisa

Superstar
...and also Lucille Ball was a satanist. (And yes, I know she's responsible for Star Trek getting made, too... but I'm not gonna stop watching that lol. Behold my double standard!)
Lol! How dare you with that double standard!! ;)

I never heard she was responsible for Star Trek or the satanist thing...its a mystery how she could be funny with all that going on...and being a communist. But her daughter says she was a serious person irl.

Bent8484

Established
Lol! How dare you with that double standard!! ;)

I never heard she was responsible for Star Trek or the satanist thing...its a mystery how she could be funny with all that going on...and being a communist. But her daughter says she was a serious person irl.
Yeah. She was friends with Gene Roddenberry and his wife. Sci-fi was pretty hard to sell back then, but Lucille Ball was at the height of her success, so when she went to Paramount they agreed to make it.

And she was one of the more famous members of Anton LaVey's original Church of Satan, pre-schisms. It was kinda viewed as an artsy punky thing to do (Satan as archetypal rebel, empowerment of ego, etc), back then, and most of the seriously disturbing stuff only came later.

Toulouse

Established
I cancelled last year because of the sodomite Yeshua show.
I no longer watch "my shows" like the Green Arrow.
I am not surprised by "Cuties".
Thanks for reminding me why I don't watch Netflix anymore.
But have you cancelled and sent them a message? That would be helpful.
I can’t speak to the shows you mentioned..as I’ve never seen them.

Does being a suspected communist mean that’s the reason the show was the way it was? I didn’t think that the show was saying be manipulative...she never got away with it. In fact they did everything they could to make her look like a loser. No wonder that relationship didn’t last.

I have a vague recollection of Father knows best..the only thing I remember was that the father in the show was indeed playing the role of a good father. I barely remember My Three Sons..I don’t think I watched it that much.

I remember watching Bob Newhart who’s neighbor was a divorced pilot and the Odd Couple who were both divorced. Mary Tyler Moore gets her own show that is about feminism...she doesn’t need a man she does her own thing...things definitely started to change. But, if you watch old movies..that was a different time..those people didn’t think the same way. I watched a Quiet Man the other night. My mom said it was her favorite movie...and I was surprised at how John Wayne treated Maureen O’Hara...but I shouldn’t have..he was the same way in McLintock!
The differing political views probably contributed to the marriage...I'm no expert. I think there was drinking and infidelity on his part, but the cause of which I'm not sure of. I don't think the communist-thing was a part of the show.

Robert Young played a very kind and loving father, that I remember.