Not available

We can work towards an "equal" society, but there is no such thing as True Equality. In Nature, there is no equality. Your thoughts?

justjess

Superstar
We arent impulse driven animals man.. we have a way more advanced brain then anyother animal, with an advanced brain SHOULD come advanced behavior. Stop seling yourself and humans in general short

justjess

Superstar
We are not driven by pure instinct. If that was all it was wed be the same as every other animal out there.

justjess

Superstar
Yeah theyre called snobs. And there mental delusion - superiority complex whatever - does not make it so.

justjess

Superstar
True equality is a myth. It is. Nature and the Universe is not equal or fair.
You keep trying to pass opinion off as fact..

Equality is the objective default. The only thing getting in the way is ourselves.

Honestly u need to flesh out your arguments better. U have a penchant for one liners that say and mean close to nothing unfortunately.

justjess

Superstar
Equal is a value judgement.. it does not denote sameness, just equality in value. You can have a two pound potaro or a two pound lump of coal. They are equal and also clearly different.

Aero

Superstar
There is a lot of equality in nature. It's just not perfect like you're apparently wanting it to be. I think that's kind of what evolution is all about. If you think about it as a math equation it does make more sense.

Historically entire armies of men have been decimated by some storm or another. Nature doesn't even need a storm though. Go down to Antarctica and see if you can hang with actual nature. Or walk across a desert, than you will feel the equalizer

Violette

Star
I believe in unity but I don’t really believe people are equal. We’re all different and I believe those differences typically complement and balance each other out.

justjess

Superstar
Equal is a value judgement.. it does not denote sameness, just equality in value. You can have a two pound potaro or a two pound lump of coal. They are equal and also clearly different.
e·qual
ˈēkwəl/
adjective
  1. 1.
    being the same in quantity, size, degree, or value.
    "add equal amounts of water and flour"synonyms:identical, uniform, alike, like, the same, equivalent; More
  2. 2.
    having the ability or resources to meet (a challenge).
    "the players proved equal to the task"synonyms:capable of, fit for, up to, good enough for, strong enough for; More
noun
  1. 1.
    a person or thing considered to be the same as another in status or quality.
    "we all treat each other as equals"synonyms:equivalent, peer, fellow, coequal, like;More
verb
  1. 1.
    be the same as in number or amount.
    "four plus six divided by two equals five"synonyms:be equal to, be equivalent to, be the same as; More

mecca

Superstar
I believe in unity but I don’t really believe people are equal. We’re all different and I believe those differences typically complement and balance each other out.
People can be different but still inherently equal. Equality means no group has a right to dominate or suppress the rest. We are all individuals but we are also all human beings .

Violette

Star
People can be different but still inherently equal. Equality means no group has a right to dominate or suppress the rest. We are all individuals but we are also all human beings .
I guess the cynical side of me just feels there will always be a conflict or dominance and suppression because not all people have the best intentions. I don’t think anyone is inherently more superior than the other but just because no one has the right to do something doesn’t mean they won’t do it anyway. I think morality plays a big role in the potential for true equality.

mecca

Superstar
I guess the cynical side of me just feels there will always be a conflict or dominance and suppression because not all people have the best intentions. I don’t think anyone is inherently more superior than the other but just because no one has the right to do something doesn’t mean they won’t do it anyway. I think morality plays a big role in the potential for true equality.
Yeah I agree, there will always be people who believe in their own supremacy... but that doesn't mean they're right. The realization of true equality in society will take a lot of work. Even if it's not completely possible to get people to treat everyone with respect, we should all keep trying because equality is what we all deserve.

I don't want equality. I want my sovereignty. I think everybody should be fighting for their sovereignty and not equality as debt slaves in a debt driven society. So I agree with thread starter tho his posts got deleted for whatever reason. People are just wasting time fighting for equality which will never exist in this society

Last edited:

mecca

Superstar
I don't want equality. I want my sovereignty. I think everybody should be fighting for their sovereignty and not equality in a debt driven society as debt slaves.
Equality goes along with sovereignty. If equality is recognized, then no one has a right to dominate anyone else or take away someone's sovereignty. You can fight for both.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
We all share basic, human traits and commonalities and each human deserves basic decency and fairness in life, regardless of gender.

That said, each gender has different advantages and disadvantages when compared against each other. Different strengths and weaknesses and are owed different rights. I don't believe in a uniform "everyone gets what everyone else gets" mentality..... the human spectrum is too varied and complex for cookie-cutter solutions to be effective across the board. However, there are basic societal standards that should be met and maintained at equal levels for both genders.

Equality goes along with sovereignty. If equality is recognized, then no one has a right to dominate anyone else or take away someone's sovereignty. You can fight for both.
No it doesn't. We can all be equal as debt slaves. Or we can all be sovereign. There's a difference.

A good analogy is field slave vs house slave. The field slave can fight to be treated equally as the house slave, or he can fight for his sovereignty. Which one do you think is better?

mecca

Superstar
No it doesn't. We can all be equal as debt slaves. Or we can all be sovereign. There's a difference.
There is no equality under slavery... if there is a subjugated group, that means there is a subjugator which is an inherently unequal relationship. I think sovereignty and equality are closely connected. Personal sovereignty is very necessary and important but equality also protects people's sovereignty. If people are unequal, that means one group is being subjugated by another, therefore one group is not allowed their sovereignty. If that group fights for their sovereignty and freedom, they are also fighting for the recognition of their inherent equality and their right to be respected as a human being. Because all of us are human beings and no one has a right to dominate or control others.
A good analogy is field slave vs house slave. The field slave can fight to be treated equally as the house slave, or he can fight for his sovereignty. Which one do you think is better?
Well when you phrase it that way, obviously sovereignty. But I don't think that's a good analogy... both slaves are in a state of inequality because they are slaves and their humanity isn't recognized. If the field slave is treated as a house slave, that does not make the field slave (or the house slave) equal because another group (the slave owners) is still oppressing them. The removal of oppression is what enables equality because the idea of equality is that no one is superior to others. The slave owners perceive themselves to be superior, therefore they remove the sovereignty and the equality of the slaves. They do not recognize the inherent equality in humanity and the fact that they are not superior and have no right to enslave other people. Equality means that everyone is deserving of respect and no one has a right say they are inherently superior or to rule over anyone else. We are all human beings, we live and die, we are restricted to the laws of nature. We're all equal before God.

elsbet

Superstar
@mecca

".. both slaves are in a state of inequality because they are slaves"

That's True -- and I think that is point, and the reason @KoncreteMind is introducing a new analogy. Why bother fighting for what is essentially one big, fat lateral move that will only make you *equal* to another slave? It's pointless because you will still be a slave.

Sovereignty-- back up and think bigger. That is my interpretation, anyway.

mecca

Superstar
Why bother fighting for what is essentially one big, fat lateral move that will only make you *equal* to another slave?
You shouldn't... equality should actually be recognized between the slaves and the slave owners because the slave owners have no right to oppress and enslave other people. No group is superior to another. The slaves getting sovereignty is the true recognition of equality.

Last edited:
You shouldn't... equality should actually be recognized between the slaves and the slave owners because the slave owners have no right to oppress and enslave other people. No group is superior to another. The slaves getting sovereignty is the true recognition of equality.
People aren't fighting to be equal with the slave owners though. You got black people wanting to be treated equal to the white debt slaves. You got gays/transgender fighting to be equal to the straight debt slaves. Females fighting to be treated equally to the male debt slaves. None of these groups are clamoring for the power to have authority over themselves and the way they want to live. They're just asking to be treated like the house slaves under the slave owners (elite)