North and South Korea start talking after two years of silence

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
There's a popular misconception that Kim runs things in NK. Not true. The country is in actuality a military junta run by the generals. And as has been said, if they don't get what they want out of Kim, he's highly likely to suffer a "tragic accident" as a result...

justjess

Superstar
There's a popular misconception that Kim runs things in NK. Not true. The country is in actuality a military junta run by the generals. And as has been said, if they don't get what they want out of Kim, he's highly likely to suffer a "tragic accident" as a result...
It’s just striking that a news item that would have gotten a lot of interest/attention in January is getting zero attention now, completely and entirely overshadowed by corona. Same for recent happenings with Iran.. and I’m sure a million other things I myself am guilty of missing

Lisa

Superstar
The Chinese are stepping in now?

MORE rumors claim Kim Jong Un is dead: China-backed journalist claims North Korean dictator has died while Japanese report says dictator is in a vegetative state
  • A delegation of Chinese doctors have been dispatched to North Korea
  • Comes amid rumours that North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is in poor health
  • Japanese media outlet claims Jong-un is in a vegetative state after surgery
  • On Thursday, Trump downplayed earlier reports that Kim was gravely ill

justjess

Superstar
So if he dies... who becomes the leader? I understand the military already pretty much is but that’s not public. And what does that mean for the us/North Korea situation?

Come2Islam

" If you have to dine with the Devil, you better use a very long spoon". The Little Rocketman dined with a Dotard, he just paid the price.

Hooligan69

Established
I recommend the book A Kim Jong-il Production: The Extraordinary True Story of a Kidnapped Filmmaker, His Star Actress, and a Young Dictator's Rise to Power. It's a story almost too good to be true. But it is.

Hooligan69

Established
Didn’t he kill his brother? I can’t remember why the hell I think that..
Kim Jong-nam? He was assassinated at an airport in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Now I'm not sure if he has another brother as well. It would be interesting to see who takes over the leadership role. Women aren't allowed to rule.

free2018

Star
Interesting. It could be a split between the military and the family. The military is strong and his sister seems stronger than his older brother.