No regard...for the desire of women

Lisa

Superstar
He will show no regard....for the desire of women.

Daniel 11:37
He will show no regard for the gods of his fathers or for the desire of women, I want to focus though, on the desire of women aspect of the antichrist.
Some people believe that he is gay and doesn’t like women, however, I believe that he doesn’t like women and doesn’t want them to have their desires.

It seems to me that this is happening in this day and age. I think of the feminist movement, that acts as if they are for women and empowering women, but I think it has actually had the opposite effect.
Women are nurturers and we have the internal organs to bear children. That is our calling from God, to have and nurture our children, but with the feminist movement, we are told that that is not our calling, that we can be like men and work out of the home. I think this has had a negative effect on families, where no one is home to raise their kids and the kids are in daycare. Someone else is raising your children now. Granted, women have a lot going for them, and I’m not saying a career is horrible, but raising kids is the greatest privilege and most important job any woman can have. We are talking about our family here....

Then there is the your body your choice stuff...How did it come down to killing your baby being ok or should even be a choice at all? Shouldn’t it be the women’s choice is to have sex knowing it may lead to a pregnancy or not? After that, you have a little life in you and that now trumps any other choice you may want to make. It seems so wrong to say that a woman has the right to kill her unborn kid and its all ok and no one better tell her any different!
What if the man wants to keep the baby, does that matter at all? I guess, though a lot of men want the women to get the abortions. There seems to be a growing rift between marriage and children. To divorce means tragedy for the family and money hardships on both sides....better to not marry and kill off any kids that may come along, I guess.
Then there’s the pc saying that there is no harm to you to abort your baby..well you would have to be pretty hardened to not care that you took a little babies life. But to lessen that realization, people started referring to babies as fetus’. I guess it works, how many babies have been aborted worldwide now?

Then I think about a religion that to me, personifies the verse..islam.
People will get mad over this, but I’m sorry, when you stick women in a cloth prison and try to call it normal...that screams no regard for the desire of women.
What person, let alone a woman wants to be stuck in a cloth prison? How is that modest in any way? Where you can only see a woman’s eyes and many times you can’t even see that. But, women are brainwashed...or is it threatened to wear it and told it is honoring to their god. The worst part is that women fear not wearing one because of the r*pe aspect of islam. Muslim men use r*pe to control women and to project their sins onto their women. If you cover up we won’t be tempted to r*pe you, is a twisted way to blame women for the muslim mans own sins.

I’ve also read about honor killings, that seem to happen to daughters of muslims and is perpetuated by the whole family, though many times just by the father and sons on female family members who don’t measure up to islamic standards. And so I guess the only way to change the female family members behavior is death. Seems pretty extreme to me.

In some cultures there is the female genital mutilation phenomena, though islam seems to be alright with this as well, as many of those cultures are islamic.
FGM is done to young girls and I’ve read it is usually done without any pain meds..but why would you give pain meds when you don’t care about what you are doing to the young girl? The affects of Fgm is an inability to urinate normally and when older an inability to enjoy sex.
Seems to me that this is a total disregard for women, why would women not want to enjoy sex, and who needs a problem with uritnation their whole life?

I also think of the grooming scandals in England where ‘asian’ men groomed local population girls for their own sexual desires and for the desires of other men. Though sex trafficking is ongoing throughout the world, what a sad commentary on the selling of women and girls for sex. Trapped in a world that they were forced into...

There also seems to be another disturbing disregard against girls, the marrying off of children to older men. I don’t know that its regulated just to islam...but it is a reality in islam. Poor girls should not be forced into the role of a wife and what that means, especially regarding sex. No little girl wants to have sex with anyone let an older man.

On the opposite end of the spectrum is the objectifying of women, the saddest part is the women who participate for whatever reasons. Thinking of the women of Hollywood who go to award shows or on the red carpet with barely anything on and that’s empowerment? How that is trickling down-I recently read an article about a young women who thinks nothing of walking around without a top. This is not widely accepted in society, but some people would like it to be, and apparently at music festivals, and places like burning man, it is normal to see. Which means, that it will be gaining momentum in society and normalization. But, then a lot of things have been normalized lately.

“I will put enmity between you and the woman…”. It would seem that this verse has a lot to do with the beginning of the disregard for women. It all started in the beginning, and it just keeps on increasing and having a huge, negative impact on women and everyone really.

rainerann

Star
He will show no regard for the gods of his fathers or for the desire of women,

I actually think this is fascinating. So you are saying that this verse suggests that there will be oppression of women basically?

I have never thought of it before, but I think it is a very legitimate possibility. From studying the curse given to women when Adam and Eve sinned, I have always considered having a man as her master to be a greater curse than a woman struggling in childbirth.

You can see the damage this has created throughout history. So I think women's rights are still being persecuted because of this curse today. Christ says that there is no male or female and that he came for us to have abundant life and you can see the freedom from the curse that this has created throughout the last couple hundred years.

Men no longer labor the way they did with the same degree of strife and neither do women have to suffer as the servants of their husbands because of new technologies. Technology has played a major role is alleviating the burden of the curse that was given to Adam and Eve.

So, for example, having a washing machine and a dishwasher really does give me more time to be free and creative. I think this is what originally caused many women to start getting careers and invest their time in pursuits that appealed to them. Women have successfully reached a different place in society and enjoy many things because of it. In my career, I have had 90% women supervisors even as high as the position of CEO. This is phenomenal.

At the same time, I see the media presenting women issues is such superficial ways that I wonder whether this is a way to oppress women through the backdoor by presenting feminism in this way. This would essentially be a spiritual attack on the freedoms women have gained through Christ's promise for men and women to have an abundant life of which there is evidence of.

So I think you make a fantastic point in this way and that it is possible that the future holds a vision of oppression towards women. We are talking about the antichrist who hates Christ after all.

Lisa

Superstar
He will show no regard for the gods of his fathers or for the desire of women,

I actually think this is fascinating. So you are saying that this verse suggests that there will be oppression of women basically?

I have never thought of it before, but I think it is a very legitimate possibility. From studying the curse given to women when Adam and Eve sinned, I have always considered having a man as her master to be a greater curse than a woman struggling in childbirth.

You can see the damage this has created throughout history. So I think women's rights are still being persecuted because of this curse today. Christ says that there is no male or female and that he came for us to have abundant life and you can see the freedom from the curse that this has created throughout the last couple hundred years.

Men no longer labor the way they did with the same degree of strife and neither do women have to suffer as the servants of their husbands because of new technologies. Technology has played a major role is alleviating the burden of the curse that was given to Adam and Eve.

So, for example, having a washing machine and a dishwasher really does give me more time to be free and creative. I think this is what originally caused many women to start getting careers and invest their time in pursuits that appealed to them. Women have successfully reached a different place in society and enjoy many things because of it. In my career, I have had 90% women supervisors even as high as the position of CEO. This is phenomenal.

At the same time, I see the media presenting women issues is such superficial ways that I wonder whether this is a way to oppress women through the backdoor by presenting feminism in this way. This would essentially be a spiritual attack on the freedoms women have gained through Christ's promise for men and women to have an abundant life of which there is evidence of.

So I think you make a fantastic point in this way and that it is possible that the future holds a vision of oppression towards women. We are talking about the antichrist who hates Christ after all.
Not only man being a master but a woman having a desire for her husband but he rules over her...seems what happens in life and part of the problem in men and women’s relationships.

Well, I also think of how women have entered the workforce and have invaded men’s ability to provide for his family. Couples now a days need the 2 incomes to make it, when at certain times men worked and women were able to stay at home with their children. I don’t know that I think that new technologies alleviated the curse...just added to it..where the woman has to work now and if she doesn’t many families are in hard times to make it. Some just deal with it so the woman can stay at home to raise kids but most don’t.

Yes, it is phenomenal, and good for them, but at the same time does it negatively effect families? God told us to populate the earth and I think He also had families in mind.

Thank you Ann for your kind words! :)

He will show no regard....for the desire of women.

He will show no regard for the gods of his fathers or for the desire of women, I want to focus though, on the desire of women aspect of the antichrist.
Some people believe that he is gay and doesn’t like women, however, I believe that he doesn’t like women and doesn’t want them to have their desires.

It seems to me that this is happening in this day and age. I think of the feminist movement, that acts as if they are for women and empowering women, but I think it has actually had the opposite effect.
Women are nurturers and we have the internal organs to bear children. That is our calling from God, to have and nurture our children, but with the feminist movement, we are told that that is not our calling, that we can be like men and work out of the home. I think this has had a negative effect on families, where no one is home to raise their kids and the kids are in daycare. Someone else is raising your children now. Granted, women have a lot going for them, and I’m not saying a career is horrible, but raising kids is the greatest privilege and most important job any woman can have. We are talking about our family here....

Then there is the your body your choice stuff...How did it come down to killing your baby being ok or should even be a choice at all? Shouldn’t it be the women’s choice is to have sex knowing it may lead to a pregnancy or not? After that, you have a little life in you and that now trumps any other choice you may want to make. It seems so wrong to say that a woman has the right to kill her unborn kid and its all ok and no one better tell her any different!
What if the man wants to keep the baby, does that matter at all? I guess, though a lot of men want the women to get the abortions. There seems to be a growing rift between marriage and children. To divorce means tragedy for the family and money hardships on both sides....better to not marry and kill off any kids that may come along, I guess.
Then there’s the pc saying that there is no harm to you to abort your baby..well you would have to be pretty hardened to not care that you took a little babies life. But to lessen that realization, people started referring to babies as fetus’. I guess it works, how many babies have been aborted worldwide now?

Then I think about a religion that to me, personifies the verse..islam.
People will get mad over this, but I’m sorry, when you stick women in a cloth prison and try to call it normal...that screams no regard for the desire of women.
What person, let alone a woman wants to be stuck in a cloth prison? How is that modest in any way? Where you can only see a woman’s eyes and many times you can’t even see that. But, women are brainwashed...or is it threatened to wear it and told it is honoring to their god. The worst part is that women fear not wearing one because of the r*pe aspect of islam. Muslim men use r*pe to control women and to project their sins onto their women. If you cover up we won’t be tempted to r*pe you, is a twisted way to blame women for the muslim mans own sins.

I’ve also read about honor killings, that seem to happen to daughters of muslims and is perpetuated by the whole family, though many times just by the father and sons on female family members who don’t measure up to islamic standards. And so I guess the only way to change the female family members behavior is death. Seems pretty extreme to me.

In some cultures there is the female genital mutilation phenomena, though islam seems to be alright with this as well, as many of those cultures are islamic.
FGM is done to young girls and I’ve read it is usually done without any pain meds..but why would you give pain meds when you don’t care about what you are doing to the young girl? The affects of Fgm is an inability to urinate normally and when older an inability to enjoy sex.
Seems to me that this is a total disregard for women, why would women not want to enjoy sex, and who needs a problem with uritnation their whole life?

I also think of the grooming scandals in England where ‘asian’ men groomed local population girls for their own sexual desires and for the desires of other men. Though sex trafficking is ongoing throughout the world, what a sad commentary on the selling of women and girls for sex. Trapped in a world that they were forced into...

There also seems to be another disturbing disregard against girls, the marrying off of children to older men. I don’t know that its regulated just to islam...but it is a reality in islam. Poor girls should not be forced into the role of a wife and what that means, especially regarding sex. No little girl wants to have sex with anyone let an older man.

On the opposite end of the spectrum is the objectifying of women, the saddest part is the women who participate for whatever reasons. Thinking of the women of Hollywood who go to award shows or on the red carpet with barely anything on and that’s empowerment? How that is trickling down-I recently read an article about a young women who thinks nothing of walking around without a top. This is not widely accepted in society, but some people would like it to be, and apparently at music festivals, and places like burning man, it is normal to see. Which means, that it will be gaining momentum in society and normalization. But, then a lot of things have been normalized lately.

“I will put enmity between you and the woman…”. It would seem that this verse has a lot to do with the beginning of the disregard for women. It all started in the beginning, and it just keeps on increasing and having a huge, negative impact on women and everyone really.
While I agree with much of what you said about abortion, the role of women in the Home, etc., I do not think there’s anything particularly “wrong” with how Muslim women dress.
At least they are covering their nakedness, which is more than can be said about most women here in America.

Haich

Superstar
Do you intentionally write this drivel to annoy people?

You have absolutely no idea about FGM, there's absolutely nothing Islamic about it. It's a cultural practice, which I know a lot about since my country of origin still do it.

Exactly where does it condone FGM in Islam?

Haich

Superstar
Right, I live in England. So let me be a beacon of light and educate your Americanised mind. Honestly, reading the posts of some Americans really makes Brits seem intellectually superior.

There are no grooming scandals, there was one case dubbed 'the Rochdale gang' which was a sex trafficking operation busted by local police. Men preyed on vulnerable girls from broken homes and were raped and doped up on drugs and alcohol, in order to be pimped out. It was horrific and disgusting and thankfully the men are now behind bars. What relevance does their country of origin have? Those young girls were failed by the system. Social workers were informed by local health workers who were concerned that girls as young as 14, were buying condoms and hanging around dodgy men. It was flagged up numerous times, yet the authorities couldn't care less about a bunch of runaways.

You really are slimy, I mean, I don't see you commenting on the most profilic child sexual offender, Jimmy Saville, who worked for the BBC for decades. He abused kids in hospitals and hospices!

rainerann

Star
While I agree with much of what you said about abortion, the role of women in the Home, etc., I do not think there’s anything particularly “wrong” with how Muslim women dress.
At least they are covering their nakedness, which is more than can be said about most women here in America.
It’s not that there is anything wrong with being covered. It is that being covered is forced and being forced to cover is required in places that do apply Islam as law.

Many places don’t apply Islam as law entirely because they are only places that have been invaded by Islam and still able to retain some practices and people who did not accept Islam. However, in places like Iran, the Islamic revolution allowed an Islamic State to establish a dress code for women requiring them to cover and is therefore an example of no regard for women or oppression.

Obviously, there is nothing wrong with modesty. I like to dress modestly, but many people believe the Quran supports women being covered in something that does show a women’s shape at all and this becomes required in places where Islam has gained control over the government of the area.

Haich

Superstar
What person, let alone a woman wants to be stuck in a cloth prison? How is that modest in any way?
Most women choose to wear a headscarf. Stop with the bullshit, you have no idea about these people who claim to want to free. All you do is judge, stop being a washed up old dinosaur and start actually getting to know your Muslim neighbors so you can get a better understanding of why they wear what they wear.

Lisa

Superstar
I have to say this....

Bothers me.

Haich

Superstar
The worst part is that women fear not wearing one because of the r*pe aspect of islam. Muslim men use r*pe to control women and to project their sins onto their women. If you cover up we won’t be tempted to r*pe you, is a twisted way to blame women for the muslim mans own sins.
What are you even talking about??

Honestly, you really are some twisted individual. There's absolutely no r*pe culture in Islam and again, your views are so warped.

Let's all ignore and turn a blind eye to the kiddy fiddlers of the Catholic Church. You should look closer to home, your faith is famous for r*pe.

Lisa

Superstar
Do you intentionally write this drivel to annoy people?

You have absolutely no idea about FGM, there's absolutely nothing Islamic about it. It's a cultural practice, which I know a lot about since my country of origin still do it.

Exactly where does it condone FGM in Islam?
Where does islam stop it with their followers?

Lisa

Superstar
Right, I live in England. So let me be a beacon of light and educate your Americanised mind. Honestly, reading the posts of some Americans really makes Brits seem intellectually superior.

There are no grooming scandals, there was one case dubbed 'the Rochdale gang' which was a sex trafficking operation busted by local police. Men preyed on vulnerable girls from broken homes and were raped and doped up on drugs and alcohol, in order to be pimped out. It was horrific and disgusting and thankfully the men are now behind bars. What relevance does their country of origin have? Those young girls were failed by the system. Social workers were informed by local health workers who were concerned that girls as young as 14, were buying condoms and hanging around dodgy men. It was flagged up numerous times, yet the authorities couldn't care less about a bunch of runaways.

You really are slimy, I mean, I don't see you commenting on the most profilic child sexual offender, Jimmy Saville, who worked for the BBC for decades. He abused kids in hospitals and hospices!
I don’t believe their country of origin added to it...it was what their faith was that was bothersome.

Haich

Superstar
I have to say this....

Bothers me.
So what, who cares what you think. You think people like seeing wrinkly old women at the beach in bikinis? Or other women with their fanny flaps waving about? Everyone has a right to dress how they please, these women have a right to cover, just as you have a right to uncover. Respect their choices and continue in your path of life. Let others be. Why do you Christians always judge others?

You really need to get off your pedestal, you're not special in the slightest and God will judge us all equally for how we spent our time on earth. If being an ignorant bully on an Internet forum is hiebuou choose to live out your days, good luck explaining yourself in the afterlife.

Lisa

Superstar
Most women choose to wear a headscarf. Stop with the bullshit, you have no idea about these people who claim to want to free. All you do is judge, stop being a washed up old dinosaur and start actually getting to know your Muslim neighbors so you can get a better understanding of why they wear what they wear.
I had a muslim neighbor, well she was from Iran anyway. And one day she was telling me that she was going back to Iran and I looked at her, and she said that she had to wear her costume when she went home. She didn’t wear her costume here in the US, in fact she didn’t cover up at all.

Lisa

Superstar
What are you even talking about??

Honestly, you really are some twisted individual. There's absolutely no r*pe culture in Islam and again, your views are so warped.

Let's all ignore and turn a blind eye to the kiddy fiddlers of the Catholic Church. You should look closer to home, your faith is famous for r*pe.
I’m not catholic....

There is no r*pe culture...tell that to the Germans and the Swedes...and anywhere else where muslim migrants are...

Haich

Superstar
I had a muslim neighbor, well she was from Iran anyway. And one day she was telling me that she was going back to Iran and I looked at her, and she said that she had to wear her costume when she went home. She didn’t wear her costume here in the US, in fact she didn’t cover up at all.
Iranians are known to live in quite a conservative environment. This creates a sense of hostility towards Islam in some Iranian communities. I have taught Iranians and they're lovely people very proud of their roots. There are politics in their country which cause them to feel obliged to wear certain things. How does Iran represent the entire Islamic faith? Please relate your point to Islam, not Iran.

Lisa

Superstar
So what, who cares what you think. You think people like seeing wrinkly old women at the beach in bikinis? Or other women with their fanny flaps waving about? Everyone has a right to dress how they please, these women have a right to cover, just as you have a right to uncover. Respect their choices and continue in your path of life. Let others be. Why do you Christians always judge others?

You really need to get off your pedestal, you're not special in the slightest and God will judge us all equally for how we spent our time on earth. If being an ignorant bully on an Internet forum is hiebuou choose to live out your days, good luck explaining yourself in the afterlife.
Its my opinion, and you have yours...I think it plays into the antichrist showing no regard for women.