No regard...for the desire of women

Lisa

Superstar
I'm just going to skip the first part and respond to where you attempted to answer my question.
Actually, I’m very interested in what you think Paul did and would appreciate an answer to that.

How can you be more like God lol that's actually strange
The Bible tells us what the fruits of the flesh and the fruits of the Spirit are..we can only get those last attributes by knowing God and that’s how we become more like Him.
Galatians‬ ‭5:19-24‬ ‭
Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.​
‭‭
Ok so how do you pray? I feel you just gave me a passionate speech about why you believe but havent really told me how this manifests itself in your daily life.
I pray about everything..my hopes, my dreams, my problems, my families problems, everything. When I do that I am trusting God to handle those problems or give me direction in how I should handle those problems..then thing is I am trusting God for His help and His answers.

What did god tell you to do is what I'm getting at?
One time I was trying to decide if I should go on anti depressants and God told me to trust Him. So, I didn’t go on the anti depressants and trusted Him. Obedience in not rushing head long into sin, praying to God to help you. Not only should we read the Bible, we should listen to what God tells us in the Bible. Learn from what the Israelites did or did not do.

How do you worship?
Praying, praising, singing songs to God and loving Him.

Why are the so many denominations
Probably like there are differences in islam like between Sufi and Sunni...people think that their differences are more right.

What is it that makes you Christian?
That I believe on Jesus and was saved.

What happens to the Christian sinner?
He repents and his sins are forgiven him but even then, God doesn’t take sins lightly, you will still have to deal with the consequences of your sins.

Lisa

Superstar
According to Islam the scriptures have been subjected to distortion and changes. The Creator in the Quran has stated that these books have been changed and altered by your religious folk.
I’m sure they don’t like to know that they weren’t God’s chosen people. I am sure that it was hard on Ishmael to know that he wasn’t the chosen son and that could breed a lot of resentment.

manama

Star
I’m sure they don’t like to know that they weren’t God’s chosen people. I am sure that it was hard on Ishmael to know that he wasn’t the chosen son and that could breed a lot of resentment.
A just God wouldn't be playing favorites. You don't even have any proof of Ishmael a.s being resentful or hateful. He was a good person through and through. It's pathetic when you have to bring down one to raise the other. They were both pious and good people.

DesertRose

Superstar
Re-posted because the last video discusses the biases and misrepresentation of Islam.
Trinitarians should know that God is Compassionate enough forgive us our sins! Direct your worship to Him not others!
What has happened is that we had Prophets that preached the same message about the nature of God and then a mutation occurred when Islam entered the lands of pagan Europe where the concepts of deified men were worshiped.

O People of the Scripture, there has come to you Our Messenger making clear to you much of what you used to conceal of the Scripture and overlooking much. There has come to you from Allah a light and a clear Book.
By which Allah guides those who pursue His pleasure to the ways of peace and brings them out from darknesses into the light, by His permission, and guides them to a straight path.
They have certainly disbelieved who say that Allah is Christ, the son of Mary. Say, "Then who could prevent Allah at all if He had intended to destroy Christ, the son of Mary, or his mother or everyone on the earth?" And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them. He creates what He wills, and Allah is over all things competent.
But the Jews and the Christians say, "We are the children of Allah and His beloved." Say, "Then why does He punish you for your sins?" Rather, you are human beings from among those He has created. He forgives whom He wills, and He punishes whom He wills. And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them, and to Him is the [final] destination.
O People of the Scripture, there has come to you Our Messenger to make clear to you [the religion] after a period [of suspension] of messengers, lest you say, "There came not to us any bringer of good tidings or a warner." But there has come to you a bringer of good tidings and a warner. And Allah is over all things competent.
5: 15-19

Jewish Rabbi admits Islam is the oldest religion

Jewish Rabbi: Islam is religion of future

From Critic to Convert | The Joram van Klaveren Story: From Islamophobe to Believer
This guy tells his story and answers some of the historical and current biases against Islam.

Swiftturtle

Established
^i think simply stating we don’t believe in the ‘same God’ and mentioning 3 in 1 for those that aren’t Christians sounds crazy pants (it did to me initially as well, until it was explained) and should be expanded on.
I’ve heard it explained like this: Christians believe in The Trinity, which is God, Jesus, & the Holy Spirit. They are equal and one in the same, but with different roles under the umbrella collective. Much like the sun; you have the sun, but there are separate components within the singular sun: like energy, heat, and light.
God is all encompassing, the ‘sun’, but Jesus became ‘God in the flesh’ in order to share the gospel (so, like the light that goes out from the sun and reaches earth), and the Holy Spirit can be akin to the sun’s heat. You don’t necessarily ‘see it’, but you can feel it, it’s all around, yet it is still part of the sun.
If people believe in God, but not the Trinity, then it’s a different definition from the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. People use God as a collective word across multiple religions to represent the ultimate authority, but we believe in the Biblical definition of God still being the ultimate authority, but containing three parts that take on specific purposes.

Lisa

Superstar
‭‭direct descendant aka grandchild >>>>>>> some random woman in US suffering from an undiagnosed mental illness.
Grand child? You mean great, great, great, great great, great, great, great...keep going..grand child? Lol!

Anyway, Ishmael was not part of the covenant.

manama

Star
Grand child? You mean great, great, great, great great, great, great, great...keep going..grand child? Lol!

Anyway, Ishmael was not part of the covenant.
A descendant is still a descendant and a blood relative. It's not even about your beef about the Covenant.

Lisa

Superstar
This may be news to you, but everyone is worshipping the same God, they just have a different take on who He is and How he works...we are all defining the originator of the existence we call life in various ways...

Maybe Islam is growing because people find clarity in its message. How does this affect you??
No, everyone is not worshipping God. There is only one God and all the rest are fakes/god. The Bible is the only book that talks about the one true God.

I think islam is growing because people are kinda mean deep down, honestly. People like to think they are above it all and islam gives them that.

It may affect me if muslims become a majority in the US and sharia law comes here, it would affect me personally as a woman where my way of life and the freedom I have will be severely curtailed.

Haich

Superstar
Actually, I’m very interested in what you think Paul did and would appreciate an answer to that.

The Bible tells us what the fruits of the flesh and the fruits of the Spirit are..we can only get those last attributes by knowing God and that’s how we become more like Him.
Galatians‬ ‭5:19-24‬ ‭​

Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.​
‭‭

I pray about everything..my hopes, my dreams, my problems, my families problems, everything. When I do that I am trusting God to handle those problems or give me direction in how I should handle those problems..then thing is I am trusting God for His help and His answers.

One time I was trying to decide if I should go on anti depressants and God told me to trust Him. So, I didn’t go on the anti depressants and trusted Him. Obedience in not rushing head long into sin, praying to God to help you. Not only should we read the Bible, we should listen to what God tells us in the Bible. Learn from what the Israelites did or did not do.

Praying, praising, singing songs to God and loving Him.

Probably like there are differences in islam like between Sufi and Sunni...people think that their differences are more right.

That I believe on Jesus and was saved.

He repents and his sins are forgiven him but even then, God doesn’t take sins lightly, you will still have to deal with the consequences of your sins.
How will God deal with the consequences of your sins? I thought Jesus died for your sins?

Lisa

Superstar
A descendant is still a descendant and a blood relative. It's not even about your beef about the Covenant.
He’s still not a grand child of Ishmael...

Yep, its all about who the covenant is through who can claim God. But, then its not...the Jews have the covenant but we gentiles..you and me, can also be apart of that covenant through belief in Jesus, God the Son.

DesertRose

Superstar
Let the Quran speak:

“O People of the Scripture, why do you argue about Abraham while the Torah and the Gospel were not revealed until after him? Then will you not reason? Here you are – those who have argued about that of which you have [some] knowledge, but why do you argue about that of which you have no knowledge? And Allah knows, while you know not. Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was one inclining toward truth, a Muslim [submitting to Allah]. And he was not of the polytheists. Indeed, the most worthy of Abraham among the people are those who followed him [in submission to Allah] and this prophet, and those who believe [in his message]. And Allah is the ally of the believers”. (3-65-68).

(When Prophet Jesus peace be upon him descends he will correct the distortions to His message):

“And when the son of Mary was presented as an example, immediately your people laughed aloud. And they said, “Are your gods better, or is he?” They did not present the comparison except for [mere] argument. But, [in fact], they are a people prone to dispute. Jesus was not but a servant upon whom We bestowed favor, and We made him an example for the Children of Israel. And if We willed, We could have made [instead] of you angels succeeding [one another] on the earth. And indeed, Jesus will be [a sign for] knowledge of the Hour, so be not in doubt of it, and follow Me. This is a straight path.” (43:57-61)"

“O People, if you should be in doubt about the Resurrection, then [consider that] indeed, We created you from dust, then from a sperm-drop, then from a clinging clot, and then from a lump of flesh, formed and unformed – that We may show you. And We settle in the wombs whom We will for a specified term, then We bring you out as a child, and then [We develop you] that you may reach your [time of] maturity. And among you is he who is taken in [early] death, and among you is he who is returned to the most decrepit [old] age so that he knows, after [once having] knowledge, nothing”.(22:5)

“O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm for Allah, witnesses in justice, and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness. And fear Allah; indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what you do. ” (5:8)

Lisa

Superstar
A just God wouldn't be playing favorites. You don't even have any proof of Ishmael a.s being resentful or hateful. He was a good person through and through. It's pathetic when you have to bring down one to raise the other. They were both pious and good people.
He was the first born, first born in that day and age were passed everything, but not Ishmael, he was given his own nation, sure but he wasn’t the child of the covenant. I would say that was upsetting and then to be sent away from his home and his dad went along with it...that would make someone bitter, no doubt!

Haich

Superstar
No, everyone is not worshipping God. There is only one God and all the rest are fakes/god. The Bible is the only book that talks about the one true God.

I think islam is growing because people are kinda mean deep down, honestly. People like to think they are above it all and islam gives them that.

It may affect me if muslims become a majority in the US and sharia law comes here, it would affect me personally as a woman where my way of life and the freedom I have will be severely curtailed.
Wow. Point went over your head. No surprises there...of course you believe your book and what it says about the creator is the right way. As do I about the Quran...that's okay I just don't get why you're so offended by Islam lol

Did a muslim man break your heart? Steal your morning paper? Parallel park on your driveway?

That makes no sense...why would a religion grow because people are mean and believe in it's 'mean message'.

Oh here we go lol 'sharia law is coming!!' Hide yo kids hide yo wives!

Total and utter hogwash!!

Lisa

Superstar
i think simply stating we don’t believe in the ‘same God’ and mentioning 3 in 1 for those that aren’t Christians sounds crazy pants
Possibly...but I have explained it to them over and over again, they know what I’m saying when I say that.

Haich

Superstar
Possibly...but I have explained it to them over and over again, they know what I’m saying when I say that.
We really don't get the buy one get two free belief you keep selling.

Btw, who do you believe created Adam and Eve?

Lisa

Superstar
How will God deal with the consequences of your sins? I thought Jesus died for your sins?
Jesus died for your sins, but lets say you have an affair, you can ask God to forgive you and he will, but you will have to deal with the discord it sows with your spouse. That is the consequence of that sin. But with God, He will also help you with bringing you and your spouse back together again.

Lisa

Superstar
Wow. Point went over your head. No surprises there...of course you believe your book and what it says about the creator is the right way. As do I about the Quran...that's okay I just don't get why you're so offended by Islam lol

Did a muslim man break your heart? Steal your morning paper? Parallel park on your driveway?

That makes no sense...why would a religion grow because people are mean and believe in it's 'mean message'.

Oh here we go lol 'sharia law is coming!!' Hide yo kids hide yo wives!

Total and utter hogwash!!
I don’t think its total and utter hogwash, I do believe its true, there are apparently many ways of jihad..making babies to have a majority is one of them.

As a woman, islam offends me yes. As a Christian, trying to fool people that you believe in Jesus too is offensive as well as saying all Biblical characters are muslim when they clearly weren’t. Lying is offensive to anyone.

Its a mean world we live in Haich.

Swiftturtle

Established
I was literally telling you that I *appreciated you sharing your POV with me*, even tho we both have very different views, and your chosen response was that...jeez.

Then, I gave examples of other religions where I don’t agree with components regarding how they handle ‘woman’s freedom’ and how today’s freedom that Christians have access to in society has had a negative effect in some ways. They weren’t even about Islam...it’s like unless it’s a situation where you can tell me “you’re wrong about Islam!!!” you have no input except derision. So be it.

DesertRose

Superstar
Quran:
Indeed, Abraham was a [comprehensive] leader, devoutly obedient to Allah, inclining toward truth, and he was not of those who associate others with Allah. [He was] grateful for His favors. Allah chose him and guided him to a straight path. And We gave him good in this world, and indeed, in the Hereafter he will be among the righteous. Then We revealed to you, [O Muhammad], to follow the religion of Abraham, inclining toward truth; and he was not of those who associate with Allah. (An-Nahl 16:120-123)

They say: “Become Jews or Christians if ye would be guided (To salvation).” Say thou: “Nay! (I would rather) the Religion of Abraham the True, and he joined not gods with Allah.” (Al-Baqarah 2:135)

And who would be averse to the religion of Abraham except one who makes a fool of himself. And We had chosen him in this world, and indeed he, in the Hereafter, will be among the righteous. When his Lord said to him, “Submit”, he said “I have submitted [in Islam] to the Lord of the worlds.” And Abraham instructed his sons [to do the same] and [so did] Jacob, [saying], “O my sons, indeed Allah has chosen for you this religion, so do not die except while you are Muslims.” Or were you witnesses when death approached Jacob, when he said to his sons, “What will you worship after me?” They said, “We will worship your God and the God of your fathers, Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac – one God. And we are Muslims [in submission] to Him.” (Al-Baqarah 2:130-133

Say, [O believers], “We have believed in Allah and what has been revealed to us and what has been revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the Descendants and what was given to Moses and Jesus and what was given to the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him.” (Al-Baqarah 2:136)

Or were you witnesses when death approached Jacob, when he said to his sons, “What will you worship after me?” They said, “We will worship your God and the God of your fathers, Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac – one God. And we are Muslims [in submission] to Him.” (Al-Baqarah 2:133)

And [mention, O Muhammad], when Abraham was tried by his Lord with commands and he fulfilled them. [ Allah ] said, “Indeed, I will make you a leader for the people.” [Abraham] said, “And of my descendants?” [Allah] said, “My covenant does not include the wrongdoers.” (Al-Baqarah 2:124)

And We have already sent Noah and Abraham and placed in their descendants prophethood and scripture; and among them is he who is guided, but many of them are defiantly disobedient. (Al-Hadid 57:26)