No regard...for the desire of women

Haich

Superstar
Btw I'm just posting so that the militant Christians on here which keep preaching can see how different islam and christianity are and why we have reservations about their view of jesus.

They are entitled to their views, as are we. I just think they have a harder time accepting our views than we do of theirs.

Sorry guys, it's just easier to pray directly to one God for us.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
So my question to you is, when you believe that Jesus is your lord and saviour, what do you do that makes you Christian? What defines your faith?
John 6

28Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”

29Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

Of course, believing should naturally lead to good works...

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
I believe, due to Pau
What did Paul do?

that God chose a prophet from the son of Abraham, Ishmael, and Mohammed pbuh was his name.
Perhaps your god did, but the God of the Bible didn’t.
Genesis‬ ‭17:18-19, 21‬ ‭
And Abraham said to God, “Oh that Ishmael might live before You!” But God said, “No, but Sarah your wife will bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; and I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him.

But My covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah will bear to you at this season next year.
‭‭​

So my question to you is, when you believe that Jesus is your lord and saviour, what do you do that makes you Christian? What defines your faith?
I would say that believing, trusting, obeying and loyalty to God is what defines my faith.
Believing first of all that Jesus is God the Son who came to take the punishment for my sins. You can’t get very far with God without that.
Trusting God to save me, trusting Him that He helps me everyday to follow Him, trusting Him even when situations seem to suggest He isn’t there or doesn’t care. Trusting God without knowing where you’re going...there’s a lot of trusting in God.
Obeying God when He wants me to do something...that’s hard because a lot of time what He wants me to do I don’t want to do.
Loyalty to God...mean believing what He said is true in His word the Bible and not leaving it or Him when times of trouble come, or even when the good times come. For me I think its easier to leave God in good times than bad, in bad, you need the help in the good you can forget the help and want to take your life up again and walk in your ways.
There’s probably other things..but I think that’s a good start.
And I wold also have to add, prayer to God, asking Him to help me, guide me and praying to Him also changes my heart and mind and I become more like Him and come to know Him better. Though I would also have to add reading His word to that as well.

Lisa

Superstar
They are entitled to their views, as are we. I just think they have a harder time accepting our views than we do of theirs.
I think Christians can accept you have different views..its when islam appropriates Biblical characters as their own is when Christians have a problem. Or to talk about Abrahamic faiths..that’s a misnomer.
Also, Christians are called by Jesus to share our faith with others and make disciples of people. You don’t have to believe but we should tell you anyway.

manama

Star
Btw I'm just posting so that the militant Christians on here which keep preaching can see how different islam and christianity are and why we have reservations about their view of jesus.

Sorry guys, it's just easier to pray directly to one God for us.
I'm almost 20 but every teen Christian I've known who either dislikes his or her own religion or hasn't gone to a church in years or hasn't opened the Bible in a milleniuem has had family members who act similar to "some" people here. Bashing other faiths instead of answering questions and what not.
It's also the exact reasons why Muslims leave faith, families who won't answer questions, would go on and on about bashing other faiths and so on.
So it's interesting to me to see JoChris saying that is apostasy wasn't a punishable offense there would be no Muslims. Because everyone loves the Muslims who turned Christian or vice versa but things get really fun when you throw atheism into the mix.
I've seen plenty of atheists who rejected Christianity and left it later in their lives because of science and how Christianity just didn't work side by side to it, the inaccuracies and what not. But you know what I have yet to see? A Muslim turned atheist because Quran was scientifically wrong.
It also happens to be the one thing that's impossible to discuss here because according to their logic if a scientific fact doesn't agree with the Bible then the fact is wrong instead of, you know, that thing in the Bible.

manama

Star
I think Christians can accept you have different views..its when islam appropriates Biblical characters as their own is when Christians have a problem. Or to talk about Abrahamic faiths..that’s a misnomer.
Also, Christians are called by Jesus to share our faith with others and make disciples of people. You don’t have to believe but we should tell you anyway.
LOL appropriates biblical characters? Prophet s.a.w was the direct descendant of Abraham and related to Jesus by blood. If anything, he has all the right to talk about his relatives than you do.

DesertRose

Superstar
Trinitarians should know that God is Compassionate enough forgive us our sins! Direct your worship to Him not others!
What has happened is that we had Prophets that preached the same message about the nature of God and then a mutation occurred when Islam entered the lands of pagan Europe where the concepts of deified men were worshiped.

O People of the Scripture, there has come to you Our Messenger making clear to you much of what you used to conceal of the Scripture and overlooking much. There has come to you from Allah a light and a clear Book.
By which Allah guides those who pursue His pleasure to the ways of peace and brings them out from darknesses into the light, by His permission, and guides them to a straight path.
They have certainly disbelieved who say that Allah is Christ, the son of Mary. Say, "Then who could prevent Allah at all if He had intended to destroy Christ, the son of Mary, or his mother or everyone on the earth?" And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them. He creates what He wills, and Allah is over all things competent.
But the Jews and the Christians say, "We are the children of Allah and His beloved." Say, "Then why does He punish you for your sins?" Rather, you are human beings from among those He has created. He forgives whom He wills, and He punishes whom He wills. And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them, and to Him is the [final] destination.
O People of the Scripture, there has come to you Our Messenger to make clear to you [the religion] after a period [of suspension] of messengers, lest you say, "There came not to us any bringer of good tidings or a warner." But there has come to you a bringer of good tidings and a warner. And Allah is over all things competent.
5: 15-19

Jewish Rabbi admits Islam is the oldest religion

Jewish Rabbi: Islam is religion of future

From Critic to Convert | The Joram van Klaveren Story: From Islamophobe to Believer
This guy tells his story and answers some of the historical and current biases against Islam.

Lisa

Superstar
LOL appropriates biblical characters? Prophet s.a.w was the direct descendant of Abraham and related to Jesus by blood. If anything, he has all the right to talk about his relatives than you do.
It’s not about the Ishmael side at all, they were sent away...
Genesis‬ ‭21:9-12‬ ‭
Now Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, whom she had borne to Abraham, mocking. Therefore she said to Abraham, “Drive out this maid and her son, for the son of this maid shall not be an heir with my son Isaac.” The matter distressed Abraham greatly because of his son. But God said to Abraham, “Do not be distressed because of the lad and your maid; whatever Sarah tells you, listen to her, for through Isaac your descendants shall be named.
‭‭
Though God did say he would establish a nation for Ismael for Abraham’s sake...His covenant was through Issac..
And Abraham said to God, “Oh that Ishmael might live before You!” But God said, “No, but Sarah your wife will bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; and I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him.

But My covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah will bear to you at this season next year.
And as a Christian..I am part of the covenant with Abraham, Issac and Jacob, so I do have a right to speak..
Romans‬ ‭11:17‬ ‭
But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree.​
‭‭

Lisa

Superstar
Trinitarians should know that God is Compassionate enough forgive us our sins! Direct your worship to Him not others!
He is, believe on His Son Jesus and you will be saved!

What has happened is that we had Prophets that preached the same message about the nature of God and then a mutation occurred when Islam entered the lands of pagan Europe where the concepts of deified men were worshiped.
Is this what you are talking about?
Now Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, whom she had borne to Abraham, mocking. Therefore she said to Abraham, “Drive out this maid and her son, for the son of this maid shall not be an heir with my son Isaac.” The matter distressed Abraham greatly because of his son. But God said to Abraham, “Do not be distressed because of the lad and your maid; whatever Sarah tells you, listen to her, for through Isaac your descendants shall be named.​

Haich

Superstar
You shouldn't though. Why aren't you offended by Hindus and their multiple Gods? If you're a true monotheist, shouldn't the duplicity of God annoy you? But then again, isn't that what you believe?

I'm not offended by your faith. In this morally inept society I live in, I actually find solace in knowing that there are other people who believe in a higher power and understand the temporary nature of this world. I don't accept and never will accept your claim that Jesus is God but also man and also the son...
I can't.
Makes no sense to me.

However, your faith doesn't offend me at all. It's just a different version of events to what I believe.

So the fact you feel offended is so bizarre to me because me going to mosque and believing in what I do, doesn't impact your relationship with Jesus.

Surely the people most in 'need' of your services are atheists or people who are agnostic. No ones keeping score, or a tally of how many recruits they can get.

Just do you, I don't know why we're so concerned with this when there are more pressing matters in the world.

Haich

Superstar
What did Paul do?

Perhaps your god did, but the God of the Bible didn’t.
Genesis‬ ‭17:18-19, 21‬ ‭​

And Abraham said to God, “Oh that Ishmael might live before You!” But God said, “No, but Sarah your wife will bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; and I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him.​

But My covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah will bear to you at this season next year.​

‭‭​

I would say that believing, trusting, obeying and loyalty to God is what defines my faith.
Believing first of all that Jesus is God the Son who came to take the punishment for my sins. You can’t get very far with God without that.
Trusting God to save me, trusting Him that He helps me everyday to follow Him, trusting Him even when situations seem to suggest He isn’t there or doesn’t care. Trusting God without knowing where you’re going...there’s a lot of trusting in God.
Obeying God when He wants me to do something...that’s hard because a lot of time what He wants me to do I don’t want to do.
Loyalty to God...mean believing what He said is true in His word the Bible and not leaving it or Him when times of trouble come, or even when the good times come. For me I think its easier to leave God in good times than bad, in bad, you need the help in the good you can forget the help and want to take your life up again and walk in your ways.
There’s probably other things..but I think that’s a good start.
And I wold also have to add, prayer to God, asking Him to help me, guide me and praying to Him also changes my heart and mind and I become more like Him and come to know Him better. Though I would also have to add reading His word to that as well.
I'm just going to skip the first part and respond to where you attempted to answer my question.

How can you be more like God lol that's actually strange

Ok so how do you pray? I feel you just gave me a passionate speech about why you believe but havent really told me how this manifests itself in your daily life.

Haich

Superstar
What did god tell you to do is what I'm getting at?

How do you worship? Why are the so many denominations? What is it that makes you Christian?

Haich

Superstar
John 6

28Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”

29Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

Of course, believing should naturally lead to good works...
But it doesn't, hardly!

And even if it one does sin, which is inevitable, then is he punished? What happens to the Christian sinner?

How is sin accounted for?

Swiftturtle

Established
What do you want? There has only been one case of death penalty after leaving islam in the prophet's time and its also the incident thats quoted the most. But there was a contract/agreement that people who accepted islam would be forgiven or their prior crimes and accepted into the community while those who didn't would be sent back to their homes. A man would kill and convert to islam to be forgiven only to do it again. Of course after the third murder and one more attempt at "i'm accepting Islam" people were onto him and the man got death penalty. There is only one denomination right now that considers the punishment for leaving faith to be death and i'm not a follower of that sect.
I’m horrified by any religion that has texts condoning slaughter of entire groups of another religion, abuse of women, or repercussions for leaving, much in the same way that I’m horrified by treatment in alleged offshoots of Christianity. Even Ultra Orthodox Judaism, where some sects completely control their wives, following old traditions to the absolute extreme (however, I do think there’s a difference between ‘man’ imposed things vs it being a part of the teachings that are a distinct part of a religion). I’ll address those others below, actually, bc it deals with women’s lack of freedom. While we’ll never agree on Islam bc of its foundations, I’m glad you’re able to be in what I’m assuming is a moderate sect so you have much more freedom. I also appreciate you openly conversing with me, even though we don’t agree. We’re both clearly passionate about our faiths, and even though we’ve had quite a back and forth, I do appreciate hearing about your personal experience. I have an incredible friend that’s a moderate Muslim, and we debate, but ultimately have always focused on things in life where we value the same things- like family, loyalty, and helping each other- bc we obviously don’t agree on our specific religious views.

Mormons, for example, call themselves Christians, but follow the teachings of the Book of Mormon, not the Bible, so they aren’t (and the Bible explicitly said no teachings are to ‘accompany it’, and the text should never be altered). There are numerous things in the Book of Mormon that line up with with Luciferian beliefs, just substitute in God- many of them don’t realize that. The secretive rituals, even the ‘secret handshakes’ of those at the top are Masonic (the author of the Book of Mormon was allegedly a 33rd degree Mason). A now ex-occultist and former 33rd degree mason said he was told if he ever found himself in a new state where he needed help or connections to go see the leaders of the nearest Mormon tabernacle. He said he was initially confused, but when he found himself in that position, he realized the ‘behind the curtain’ practices of the top of the church were the same as his, down to the secret Masonic handshakes. I think in the last few years they’ve eased up on the parameters that require someone to have their name be taken out of the Mormon book register(not positive tho), and some are shunned by their community once they do (like my friend that was taken out of the book for being a lesbian). A lot of them don’t realize all of the different ‘levels’, and I remember mentioning to a friend in HS that I was baffled that they believed they’d get their own planet and multitudes of wives based on their service on earth, which was in complete contradiction to the Bible. She told me I was crazy- then her mom told her ‘well, yes, that’s a part you haven’t reached yet’. It was wild. As far as women’s freedoms, the polygamous offshoots have some truly horrifying ways that some treat their wives, and cut someone off completely if they leave, including from their kids. There’s an offshoot out by the border of Iowa (I think it was Iowa, of all places), where the leader was arrested for major federal tax fraud, and through investigating that, the writer learned he was an exceptionally abusive husband and father. Leaving them starving, or making them eat expired food. If they threw it up from being sick, he made them take it back down...just evil.

With Ultra Orthodox Judaism, I watched a documentary based on a Brooklyn sect that left me absolutely shocked. Her struggle to get a job with no work experience, being able to see her children, and completely being cut off by her community was something I’d never heard of. This article talks about the doc: https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2017/10/177040/netflix-one-of-us-orthodox-jewish-women-abuse-etty

Ultimately, I still believe that Jesus ushered in previously unprecedented freedom for women, and it continues today within ‘Bible only’ based denominations. Women are given leadership roles in many churches, especially non-denominational. One of the more liberal denominations allows single women to be the leader of their entire church- which, I actually don’t agree with bc Biblically men provide ‘security, covering, and shepherding’- so I have a hard time understanding why. Outside of Catholicism, it’s rare for a pastor to be single bc most churches view the pastor’s wife as an intricate part of shepherding, particularly with women. Significant community, teaching, and resources go to both women & men equally as well. There are a lot of marriages within the church where, for example, the wife isn’t able to have the ‘nurturer’ role, and instead has the successful career. I usually see the results of that playing out negatively, bc resentment grows, especially when there are children and they long to be able to stay home with them. A sister of mine is in the position where she’s the one with a super successful career and provider, while he’s in a new ministry and makes less than 1/3 of her. For this period of time, their roles aren’t in harmony with the Biblical definition, and it’s effecting her. I think that’s an example of the kind of ‘freedom’ that can have negative effects, even though it ‘sounds’ like it’s empowering.

Lisa

Superstar
You shouldn't though. Why aren't you offended by Hindus and their multiple Gods? If you're a true monotheist, shouldn't the duplicity of God annoy you? But then again, isn't that what you believe?
Should hindu’s offend me? I don’t think they are worshipping the one true God. I once had a co-worker who told me that he and I worshipped the same God and as I listened, I could tell his god wasn’t my God but he sealed it when he started talking about the one eye and I had to tell him that no we don’t worship the same God.
Seems that God being 3 but 1 is a mystery to many.

So the fact you feel offended is so bizarre to me because me going to mosque and believing in what I do, doesn't impact your relationship with Jesus.
The islamic faith can and does impact people wherever they go and it becomes a majority and it could impact the faith of people who’d like to live....

Surely the people most in 'need' of your services are atheists or people who are agnostic
Everyone needs Jesus, not just the atheists.

No ones keeping score, or a tally of how many recruits they can get.
Why do you say this?

Just do you, I don't know why we're so concerned with this when there are more pressing matters in the world.
Exactly why people need to know about being saved by Jesus!

manama

Star
I’m horrified by any religion that has texts condoning slaughter of entire groups of another religion, abuse of women, or repercussions for leaving, much in the same way that I’m horrified by treatment in alleged offshoots of Christianity. Even Ultra Orthodox Judaism, where some sects completely control their wives, following old traditions to the absolute extreme (however, I do think there’s a difference between ‘man’ imposed things vs it being a part of the teachings that are a distinct part of a religion). I’ll address those others below, actually, bc it deals with women’s lack of freedom. While we’ll never agree on Islam bc of its foundations, I’m glad you’re able to be in what I’m assuming is a moderate sect so you have much more freedom. I also appreciate you openly conversing with me, even though we don’t agree. We’re both clearly passionate about our faiths, and even though we’ve had quite a back and forth, I do appreciate hearing about your personal experience. I have an incredible friend that’s a moderate Muslim, and we debate, but ultimately have always focused on things in life where we value the same things- like family, loyalty, and helping each other- bc we obviously don’t agree on our specific religious views.

Mormons, for example, call themselves Christians, but follow the teachings of the Book of Mormon, not the Bible, so they aren’t (and the Bible explicitly said no teachings are to ‘accompany it’, and the text should never be altered). There are numerous things in the Book of Mormon that line up with with Luciferian beliefs, just substitute in God- many of them don’t realize that. The secretive rituals, even the ‘secret handshakes’ of those at the top are Masonic (the author of the Book of Mormon was allegedly a 33rd degree Mason). A now ex-occultist and former 33rd degree mason said he was told if he ever found himself in a new state where he needed help or connections to go see the leaders of the nearest Mormon tabernacle. He said he was initially confused, but when he found himself in that position, he realized the ‘behind the curtain’ practices of the top of the church were the same as his, down to the secret Masonic handshakes. I think in the last few years they’ve eased up on the parameters that require someone to have their name be taken out of the Mormon book register(not positive tho), and some are shunned by their community once they do (like my friend that was taken out of the book for being a lesbian). A lot of them don’t realize all of the different ‘levels’, and I remember mentioning to a friend in HS that I was baffled that they believed they’d get their own planet and multitudes of wives based on their service on earth, which was in complete contradiction to the Bible. She told me I was crazy- then her mom told her ‘well, yes, that’s a part you haven’t reached yet’. It was wild. As far as women’s freedoms, the polygamous offshoots have some truly horrifying ways that some treat their wives, and cut someone off completely if they leave, including from their kids. There’s an offshoot out by the border of Iowa (I think it was Iowa, of all places), where the leader was arrested for major federal tax fraud, and through investigating that, the writer learned he was an exceptionally abusive husband and father. Leaving them starving, or making them eat expired food. If they threw it up from being sick, he made them take it back down...just evil.

With Ultra Orthodox Judaism, I watched a documentary based on a Brooklyn sect that left me absolutely shocked. Her struggle to get a job with no work experience, being able to see her children, and completely being cut off by her community was something I’d never heard of. This article talks about the doc: https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2017/10/177040/netflix-one-of-us-orthodox-jewish-women-abuse-etty

Ultimately, I still believe that Jesus ushered in previously unprecedented freedom for women, and it continues today within ‘Bible only’ based denominations. Women are given leadership roles in many churches, especially non-denominational. One of the more liberal denominations allows single women to be the leader of their entire church- which, I actually don’t agree with bc Biblically men provide ‘security, covering, and shepherding’- so I have a hard time understanding why. Outside of Catholicism, it’s rare for a pastor to be single bc most churches view the pastor’s wife as an intricate part of shepherding, particularly with women. Significant community, teaching, and resources go to both women & men equally as well. There are a lot of marriages within the church where, for example, the wife isn’t able to have the ‘nurturer’ role, and instead has the successful career. I usually see the results of that playing out negatively, bc resentment grows, especially when there are children and they long to be able to stay home with them. A sister of mine is in the position where she’s the one with a super successful career and provider, while he’s in a new ministry and makes less than 1/3 of her. For this period of time, their roles aren’t in harmony with the Biblical definition, and it’s effecting her. I think that’s an example of the kind of ‘freedom’ that can have negative effects, even though it ‘sounds’ like it’s empowering.
Tl;dr

manama

Star
It’s not about the Ishmael side at all, they were sent away...
Now Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, whom she had borne to Abraham, mocking. Therefore she said to Abraham, “Drive out this maid and her son, for the son of this maid shall not be an heir with my son Isaac.” The matter distressed Abraham greatly because of his son. But God said to Abraham, “Do not be distressed because of the lad and your maid; whatever Sarah tells you, listen to her, for through Isaac your descendants shall be named.

Though God did say he would establish a nation for Ismael for Abraham’s sake...His covenant was through Issac..

And as a Christian..I am part of the covenant with Abraham, Issac and Jacob, so I do have a right to speak..
Romans‬ ‭11:17‬ ‭
But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree.​
‭‭
‭‭direct descendant aka grandchild >>>>>>> some random woman in US suffering from an undiagnosed mental illness.

Haich

Superstar
Should hindu’s offend me? I don’t think they are worshipping the one true God. I once had a co-worker who told me that he and I worshipped the same God and as I listened, I could tell his god wasn’t my God but he sealed it when he started talking about the one eye and I had to tell him that no we don’t worship the same God.
Seems that God being 3 but 1 is a mystery to many.

The islamic faith can and does impact people wherever they go and it becomes a majority and it could impact the faith of people who’d like to live....

Everyone needs Jesus, not just the atheists.

Why do you say this?

Exactly why people need to know about being saved by Jesus!
This may be news to you, but everyone is worshipping the same God, they just have a different take on who He is and How he works...we are all defining the originator of the existence we call life in various ways...

Maybe Islam is growing because people find clarity in its message. How does this affect you??

DesertRose

Superstar

According to Islam the scriptures have been subjected to distortion and changes. The Creator in the Quran has stated that these books have been changed and altered by your religious folk. Therefore, he sent a recitation that is memorized so that no one can distort one syllable. It is a protected book.

“Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands and then say, "This is from Allah," to purchase with it a little price! Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for that they earn thereby”

[al-Baqarah 2:79].
I’m horrified by any religion that has texts condoning slaughter of entire groups of another religion, abuse of women, or repercussions
Have you looked at your bible you need to study before you speak about another faith.

Explanation of Jihad according to the actual religion not what people say or do:
It is an Arabic word the root of which is Jahada, which means to strive for a better way of life. The nouns are Juhd, Mujahid, Jihad, and Ijtihad. The other meanings are: endeavor, strain, exertion, effort, diligence, fighting to defend one's life, land, and religion.

Jihad should not be confused with Holy War; the latter does not exist in Islam nor will Islam allow its followers to be involved in a Holy War. The latter refers to the Holy War of the Crusaders.

Jihad is not a war to force the faith on others, as many people think of it. It should never be interpreted as a way of compulsion of the belief on others, since there is an explicit verse in the Qur'an that says:There is no compulsion in religionAl-Qur'an: Al-Baqarah (2:256).

Jihad is not a defensive war only, but a war against any unjust regime. If such a regime exists, a war is to be waged against the leaders, but not against the people of that country. People should be freed from the unjust regimes and influences so that they can freely choose to believe in Allah.

Not only in peace but also in war Islam prohibits terrorism, kidnapping, and hijacking, when carried against civilians. Whoever commits such violations is considered a murderer in Islam, and is to be punished by the Islamic state. during wars, Islam prohibits Muslim soldiers from harming civilians, women, children, elderly, and the religious men like priests and rabies. It also prohibits cutting down trees and destroying civilian constructions.
https://www.islamicity.org/IslamicGlossary/action.lasso.asp?-Search=fsearch&-database=Services&-Table=islamicglossary&-noresultserror=searchglossary.asp&-Response=searchglossary.asp&-MaxRecords=10&-SortField=Term&-SortOrder=Ascending&-op=cn&fsearch=jihad[

Haich

Superstar
Here we go.

Posting more nonsense which has been addressed and debunked. If only they scrutinised their own texts like this...they'd arrive to some interesting conclusions