No regard...for the desire of women

Lisa

Superstar
No, I just don't see what that has to do with anything -though you do like to send threads off topic. But I'll bite . . . Only if you tell me why you asked.
I like to ask questions about comments that I see which does tend to send threads off topic...but don’t worry about that, this is my thread. :)

You’re reticence in answering is probably your answer don’t ya think?

Robin

Veteran
I like to ask questions about comments that I see which does tend to send threads off topic...but don’t worry about that, this is my thread. :)

You’re reticence in answering is probably your answer don’t ya think?
Your leading question tells me you've already determined my answer anyway. Still fail to see where you're trying to take this. :)

Lisa

Superstar
Your leading question tells me you've already determined my answer anyway. Still fail to see where you're trying to take this. :)
No, it was a simple question but I think I do know the answer now. I’d really like it though if you would confirm that you don’t believe God helps people who pray so I’m not just assuming that is the case with you.

The reason I’m interested is that it seems in my interactions with you that it does seem you don’t believe it that is why I asked...to find out for sure.

Robin

Veteran
No, it was a simple question but I think I do know the answer now. I’d really like it though if you would confirm that you don’t believe God helps people who pray so I’m not just assuming that is the case with you.

The reason I’m interested is that it seems in my interactions with you that it does seem you don’t believe it that is why I asked...to find out for sure.
If it's in His will then yes. If not then no. Just because I believe it's smarter to end an abusive relationship than to stay and hope it changes (plenty of stories about this line of thinking ending in tragedy including in my own family) -then again I do see women as more than walking wombs/male accessories . . . So that might be the reason why.

Lisa

Superstar
If it's in His will then yes. If not then no. Just because I believe it's smarter to end an abusive relationship than to stay and hope it changes (plenty of stories about this line of thinking ending in tragedy including in my own family) -then again I do see women as more than walking wombs/male accessories . . . So that might be the reason why.
Thanks for answering.

I seen you guys @Lisa and @Robin having a discussion on marriage, and I'd like to clarify that those who get married and then get a divorce means God did not put them together. God has to put you together. If you're just like, "I have a bf/gf. We got engaged a few days ago! Okay, now is the day to start preparing wedding plans so we can get married by next week! Yee-haw!" Yeah, some people just choose their own path just like we Christians choose to walk on the path of life, while others choose to walk on the path of destruction.

Also, everyone isn't meant to get married. It's only those who God puts together, AND those who get married but end up not staying together after all because they choose it on their own, they didn't fast or ask God. Actually, even if you are a Christian, you can still get a divorce, I'm only saying that just in case you ask "Oh, so you think only Christians/those who ask remain together?" No, sometimes you have pricky walls put in your life for many reasons, one of them being for Gods glory. "Oh? So he gives us hardships for his pleasure?", no. I meant he does it to give you more strength than you had previously in order to bond you and him further. He actually does that quite a lot for his people, don't mind it though, it's a good thing.

All Christians aren't married. All atheists aren't married. All people of other religions aren't married. Only some. If God sees it would be better for you to stay single, then you stay single. For instance, I personally want to stay single but it's only because I put God before anyone, including my family. I feel like if I got together with someone, they'd distract me from the one who's far more important than them, which is God. Also, I'm a teenager so if I did want to get with someone, I'd rather wait until I mature more and become more developed; an adult perhaps 24 or so years old. Then again, just because I want something doesn't mean it's going to happen. Maybe regardless of what I want, God will do the opposite, and he DOES because it's GOOD.

Well overall, I'm saying marriage is decided by God, not by you. If he gives you a partner, you receive that partner. If he has you stay single, you stay single. If he wants you to experience love, and trials within it, and then stay single afterwards, then you experience love along with the trials within it, and stay single afterwards.

Important note: I said above that even if you are a Christian, you can still get a divorce. I'm talking about baby Christians (Christians who are still learning) and lukewarm/cold Christians, because mature Christians already know what to do in this situation. THOUGH I MUST ADD, even if you are a matured Christian, you're not perfect and God still gives you trials and tribulations. Example, he could have you get with someone to experience both the pleasures and pain which as a result in the end makes you closer to him as explained above. Just wanted to go more in depth because I didn't explain myself very well above.

Lisa

Superstar
I seen you guys @Lisa and @Robin having a discussion on marriage, and I'd like to clarify that those who get married and then get a divorce means God did not put them together. God has to put you together. If you're just like, "I have a bf/gf. We got engaged a few days ago! Okay, now is the day to start preparing wedding plans so we can get married by next week! Yee-haw!" Yeah, some people just choose their own path just like we Christians choose to walk on the path of life, while others choose to walk on the path of destruction.

Also, everyone isn't meant to get married. It's only those who God puts together, AND those who get married but end up not staying together after all because they choose it on their own, they didn't fast or ask God. Actually, even if you are a Christian, you can still get a divorce, I'm only saying that just in case you ask "Oh, so you think only Christians/those who ask remain together?" No, sometimes you have pricky walls put in your life for many reasons, one of them being for Gods glory. "Oh? So he gives us hardships for his pleasure?", no. I meant he does it to give you more strength than you had previously in order to bond you and him further. He actually does that quite a lot for his people, don't mind it though, it's a good thing.

All Christians aren't married. All atheists aren't married. All people of other religions aren't married. Only some. If God sees it would be better for you to stay single, then you stay single. For instance, I personally want to stay single but it's only because I put God before anyone, including my family. I feel like if I got together with someone, they'd distract me from the one who's far more important than them, which is God. Also, I'm a teenager so if I did want to get with someone, I'd rather wait until I mature more and become more developed; an adult perhaps 24 or so years old. Then again, just because I want something doesn't mean it's going to happen. Maybe regardless of what I want, God will do the opposite, and he DOES because it's GOOD.

Well overall, I'm saying marriage is decided by God, not by you. If he gives you a partner, you receive that partner. If he has you stay single, you stay single. If he wants you to experience love, and trials within it, and then stay single afterwards, then you experience love along with the trials within it, and stay single afterwards.

Important note: I said above that even if you are a Christian, you can still get a divorce. I'm talking about baby Christians (Christians who are still learning) and lukewarm/cold Christians, because mature Christians already know what to do in this situation. THOUGH I MUST ADD, even if you are a matured Christian, you're not perfect and God still gives you trials and tribulations. Example, he could have you get with someone to experience both the pleasures and pain which as a result in the end makes you closer to him as explained above. Just wanted to go more in depth because I didn't explain myself very well above.
What we were discussing was that it is God‘s will for people to be married. My argument was that He created man and then created woman so that man wouldn’t be alone....one woman, one man. He also wants us to have children. Because Robin said that while they are both beautiful roles (being a mom and a wife) its not for everyone.

Dalit

Star

I like the way you think, @FaithAndStrength . You have a good attitude and mindset. I'd say more, but don't especially have the energy and patience for what could ensue with another, so I'll just leave it at that. :)

Robin

Veteran

Very mature and well-reasoned response. :) I should apologise if I came off as too brash or impolite. I get frustrated though because I think its dangerous to make the sort of statements we've seen here asserting that every woman must look to marriage as her highest achievement. That kind of thinking places a pressure on people to rush into relationships which oftentimes unhealthy when started for the wrong reasons. The bible says let no man tear apart what GOD has put together -If it's in God's will then it will happen but if not, we tend to make a bigger mess of our circumstances. I believe God's plan for every person, man or woman, is far beyond earthly institutions and roles like marriage. Some were meant for those roles, others may have another blessing. Again, wise words.

Lisa

Superstar
I want to repost this again from my op...I think it’s totally true in today’s world..

I think of the feminist movement, that acts as if they are for women and empowering women, but I think it has actually had the opposite effect.
Women are nurturers and we have the internal organs to bear children. That is our calling from God, to have and nurture our children, but with the feminist movement, we are told that that is not our calling, that we can be like men and work out of the home. I think this has had a negative effect on families, where no one is home to raise their kids and the kids are in daycare. Someone else is raising your children now. Granted, women have a lot going for them, and I’m not saying a career is horrible, but raising kids is the greatest privilege and most important job any woman can have. We are talking about our family here....

Though...I think having and raising kids is better for woman than a career... and ya I know that’s my opinion.

I want to repost this again from my op...I think it’s totally true in today’s world..

I think of the feminist movement, that acts as if they are for women and empowering women, but I think it has actually had the opposite effect.
Women are nurturers and we have the internal organs to bear children. That is our calling from God, to have and nurture our children, but with the feminist movement, we are told that that is not our calling, that we can be like men and work out of the home. I think this has had a negative effect on families, where no one is home to raise their kids and the kids are in daycare. Someone else is raising your children now. Granted, women have a lot going for them, and I’m not saying a career is horrible, but raising kids is the greatest privilege and most important job any woman can have. We are talking about our family here....

Though...I think having and raising kids is better for woman than a career... and ya I know that’s my opinion.
I really don't think every woman ever is meant to have kids though. Having children isn't every females purpose. Just because females are the ones who can give birth, doesn't mean all females have to do exactly that. Also, some females can't have children anyways because they can be unfertilized due to their period. I personally think that feminists ARE about the empowerment of women. That's why they always talk about how, "Oh a man can do this, wear this, say this, but we can't? Square up ladies!" Example, back then people wrote stories, made films all about the man doing things that would be considered admirable while the female just sits there, and so feminism came along because a lot of women don't want help from a man, they want to consider themselves just as equal as men are, and honestly I don't agree with it because God did say,

Genesis 3:16 "To the woman he said, “I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children. Your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you.” So, a man is the head of the household, just like Jesus is the head of the Church. That's what a lot of females don't like, they'd rather take matters into their own hands "married wise"

But in general, 1 Timothy 2:12 "I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet."
Again, feminists despise this. If anything, they want to overpower men more than wanting both to be equal, hence "The empowerment of women"

I would lastly like to add that feminism is AGAINST God. You are already aware, many people encourage others against God. Feminism is one of them. So is the lgbtq community. So is p***philia. So is encouraging a child to "choose their gender" which is impossible. So is selling your soul, so is the transgender agenda, so is the climate change agenda, so is the cannibalism agenda, so is the ANTI CHRIST, and much more!

I don't know if you've noticed, but a lot of stories and movies now show more females with power rather than the man. It's in superhero movies, it's in comedy, it's in drama, fantasy, a lot of it. Even music, a lot of music videos has the female OVER the man.

In conclusion, please beware of these agendas. I'll restate again, feminism isn't just about women and birth, (I don't even think it's about that, but if it is...) it's more than that, and it's mainly against God.

Lisa

Superstar
Having children isn't every females purpose. Just because females are the ones who can give birth, doesn't mean all females have to do exactly that. Also, some females can't have children anyways because they can be unfertilized due to their period.
We are the only ones that can give birth..that’s right. God is the one who thought of it and set it up that way. He also thought up that the man is the one who fertilizes our eggs and that we stay together. I think its clear what roles we have from what God has said and done.

Also, some females can't have children anyways because they can be unfertilized due to their period.
I get that some can’t have children..but that’s not most..most can. I think the ones that can’t can adopt children...though I know that’s not the same. I’m not talking about those woman though.

In conclusion, please beware of these agendas. I'll restate again, feminism isn't just about women and birth, (I don't even think it's about that, but if it is...) it's more than that, and it's mainly against God.
Sure..anything that attacks or tries to replace what God has said is good is an attack against Him.

MoDc

Established
Do you suffer from an at best five-minute memory? Do you think your favorite doppleganger, Muhammad, might enjoy an occasional, select reading from the Biblical Song of Solomon? I do. Thanks, @Robin, but @Lisa has almost as many arguably relevant quotations in her quiver as Joan of Arc, and is almost as much fun.

E188F6B7-5B3D-4BD8-BD1D-312989CCE0AC.jpeg

My love of feminine feet is biblically justified.

;)

View attachment 29490

My love of feminine feet is biblically justified.

;)
That song is actually explaining the intimacy between husband and wife and how it should be. You see people having sex with one another, not even married, sometimes let alone together. For some reason, a lot of people actually think this song represents Jesus love for his people, but that's false. Also, what does this song have to do with feminism?

MoDc

Established
That song is actually explaining the intimacy between husband and wife and how it should be. You see people having sex with one another, not even married, sometimes let alone together. For some reason, a lot of people actually think this song represents Jesus love for his people, but that's false. Also, what does this song have to do with feminism?
Ok. I think you read into my post a little too much there.

I didn’t say feminism, I said feminine feet, which are perhaps the most lovely thing in the universe and maybe the only evidence for a creator.

I didn’t say feminism, I said feminine feet, which are perhaps the most lovely thing in the universe and maybe the only evidence for a creator.
I said what does it have to do with feminism because previously, if not almost the entire thread was about feminism, but sorry if I caused confusion there. I find it interesting that you think feminine feet are lovely...to me, it's just "Well, I have feet, thank the Lord."

Also, feet to you are the evidence of a creator? What in the world?

Robin

Veteran

Totally off topic but seriously? Lol of all parts of the anatomy, feet? I know it's a thing and I won't begrudge another's kink but just . . . Why? Unless this a joke and I'm too tired to click?

MoDc

Established
Also, feet to you are the evidence of a creator? What in the world?
it was a joke because they’re so pretty it must be created, but obviously I don’t believe in theism.

Totally off topic but seriously? Lol of all parts of the anatomy, feet? I know it's a thing and I won't begrudge another's kink but just . . . Why? Unless this a joke and I'm too tired to click?
Yes seriously lol, I don’t know why though, I just find them very pleasant.

it was a joke because they’re so pretty it must be created, but obviously I don’t believe in theism.

Yes seriously lol, I don’t know why though, I just find them very pleasant.
You're one of the reasons why I find humans to be interesting. Yeah, I'm a human I know, but I find human interaction interesting, I find how God has some people to be with each other interesting, I find our emotions interesting- I'm really just fantasized with how God works.