No regard...for the desire of women

Lisa

Superstar
Settling down nowadays is infinitely harder than it used to be. The world has gotten worse and worse with people just becoming increasingly selfish and narcissistic. It's not "inconvenient" to get married like you said, it's damn difficult to find someone to even DATE seriously if you're in it for the long term and have any discernable Christian standards.

What does this even mean?

Lol. Jesus was answering a question about DIVORCE and contextualized marriage. He did not give the command for everyone to get married.

"Now concerning the things of which you wrote to me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman." -1 Corinthians 7:1

"For I wish that all men were even as I myself. But each one has his own gift from God, one in this manner and another in that. But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am." -1 Corinthians 7:7–8

"But the married man is anxious about worldly things, how to please his wife, 34 and his interests are divided. And the unmarried or betrothed woman is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to be holy in body and spirit. But the married woman is anxious about worldly things, how to please her husband. 35 I say this for your own benefit, gnot to lay any restraint upon you, but to promote good order and to secure your undivided devotion to the Lord." -1 Corinthians 7:33-35

"But he said to them, “Not everyone can receive this saying, but only bthose to cwhom it is given. 12 For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs dfor the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let the one who is able to receive this receive it.” -Matthew 19:11–12

Tell me, if a woman's greatest accomplishment is being a wife and mother then what do you think of Anna:

Luke 2:36-38
"Now there was one, Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was of a great age, and had lived with a husband seven years from her virginity; 37 and this woman was a widow of about eighty-four years, who did not depart from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day. 38 And coming in that instant she gave thanks to the Lord, and spoke of Him to all those who looked for redemption in Jerusalem."

Do you think her calling inferior because she chose to remain unwed, had no children mentioned but instead served the Lord day and night in His temple? Almost any women can get knocked up, its not some magical thing. But not every women can be a good mother and wife. I shudder to imagine what you think of infertile women who are unable to have kids.
I can see the problem in dating in today’s society but does that change what God wants for us?

You mentioned Jesus being single is why I made that comment.

Right He was talking about divorce but He did mention marriage...He didn’t say don’t get married so you don’t get divorced. He talked about God’s plan-get married.

Paul says he was talking as Himself and not as a command from God. I suppose people can choose to be single, but the plan is to be married. That is the way God started it and I don’t believe that plan has changed is all I’m saying. And I do believe people are happier together than alone. No doubt it is hard to stay together but God can help with that...which was in His plans all along.

Looks like Anna was married before she dedicated her life to God.

Why would I look down on women who can’t have children? You think more meanly of me than I am.

Lisa

Superstar
@Lisa I don't have the time or patience to carry on with this conversation as I have classes starting soon. I'm not going to lie, you infuriate me to no end in virtually every discussion you take part in purely because of your stubborn ignorance and all I can do is hope you eventually learn to recognize that other perspectives exist beside your own.
I do understand other perspectives exist...however, I talk about my own perspective like you talk about yours. I don’t take the time to think meanly of all you say or try to put you down for what you think, but try to argue my point..which is all I’m doing, just like you are arguing your point.
I don’t have to agree with you and you don’t have to agree with me but you don’t see me talking poorly about you because you don’t agree with me do you?

Enjoy your classes today.

Robin

Veteran
I can see the problem in dating in today’s society but does that change what God wants for us?

You mentioned Jesus being single is why I made that comment.

Right He was talking about divorce but He did mention marriage...He didn’t say don’t get married so you don’t get divorced. He talked about God’s plan-get married.

Paul says he was talking as Himself and not as a command from God. I suppose people can choose to be single, but the plan is to be married. That is the way God started it and I don’t believe that plan has changed is all I’m saying. And I do believe people are happier together than alone. No doubt it is hard to stay together but God can help with that...which was in His plans all along.

Looks like Anna was married before she dedicated her life to God.

Why would I look down on women who can’t have children? You think more meanly of me than I am.
Jesus did not issue a command to get married. God's initial command was not a directive to EVERY single person ever. You really expect people to still get married and have children in a world that the bible warns us is only going to get unbearably worse? How selfish is that? Paul gave advice but you always harp on about how God's word is infallible which means if it's in there God must have approved of what he said. Why would God allow something in His word that dispensed advice that worked AGAINST His own command? Can you answer that? Anna did not get remarried - she was only married for seven years and nothing is said of any children she may have had which is a far cry from your earlier statements about a woman's best achievement being marriage and raising kids.
I do understand other perspectives exist...however, I talk about my own perspective like you talk about yours. I don’t take the time to think meanly of all you say or try to put you down for what you think, but try to argue my point..which is all I’m doing, just like you are arguing your point.
I don’t have to agree with you and you don’t have to agree with me but you don’t see me talking poorly about you because you don’t agree with me do you?

Enjoy your classes today.
People get frustrated with you because you use your own personal experiences and perspectives to justify rigid beliefs that are not mindful of the fact that others can be different. And you often do so disrespectfully. Yes, I do think you'd think poorly of a woman who is infertile. I imagine you'd think her "broken" or not a full woman because she is unable to do the one thing you seemingly use to quantify womanhood and feminine value. Thats the inpression you give off.

Lisa

Superstar
Jesus did not issue a command to get married. God's initial command was not a directive to EVERY single person ever. You really expect people to still get married and have children in a world that the bible warns us is only going to get unbearably worse? How selfish is that? Paul gave advice but you always harp on about how God's word is infallible which means if it's in there God must have approved of what he said. Why would God allow something in His word that dispensed advice that worked AGAINST His own command? Can you answer that? Anna did not get remarried - she was only married for seven years and nothing is said of any children she may have had which is a far cry from your earlier statements about a woman's best achievement being marriage and raising kids.

People get frustrated with you because you use your own personal experiences and perspectives to justify rigid beliefs that are not mindful of the fact that others can be different. And you often do so disrespectfully. Yes, I do think you'd think poorly of a woman who is infertile. I imagine you'd think her "broken" or not a full woman because she is unable to do the one thing you seemingly use to quantify womanhood and feminine value. Thats the inpression you give off.
This must be making you late for your classes to be answering me...

Anyway...

God made woman to help the man and ease His loneliness why would that stop now? That doesn’t make any sense that what God started in the beginning wouldn’t be carried on to today. Is the do not kill command optional then? How does one honor their mother and father if there are no children...I suppose that’s optional too?

Jesus tells us people will still be getting married in the worst time possible...and notice they will be marrying.
Matthew‬ ‭24:38-39‬ ‭
For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be.

How is it selfish to marry and have children? That’s the least selfish move you could make. And it’s not bad to have someone to share things with is it? Even if it’s bad times? Reminds me of something I read years ago that talked about African woman shouldn’t be able to have children since they are gonna die anyway. Which I thought at first sounded right but as God showed me that’s really evil thinking. Why stop people from experiencing life and having children?

I think ‭‭God allowed Paul to say it but with the disclaimer that it isn’t a command. So God isn’t saying that the get married thing is off now, don’t get married.

You are ignoring the obvious...Anna got married. I would imagine she was widowed and I don’t think many people married widows in those days so maybe her being full time with God made sense...but she did marry first.

I do have personal experiences with God which is where my perspective comes from, yes. Why wouldn’t I share that?

Are you are trying to project onto me now? I have never said anything about infertile woman nor have I implied anything toward infertile woman. I feel bad that they can’t conceive and am glad that at least they can adopt a child. Your thinking poorly and meanly of me helps you imagine things about me that just aren’t true, which I think reflects more poorly on you than it does me.

Robin

Veteran
This must be making you late for your classes to be answering me...

Anyway...

God made woman to help the man and ease His loneliness why would that stop now? That doesn’t make any sense that what God started in the beginning wouldn’t be carried on to today. Is the do not kill command optional then? How does one honor their mother and father if there are no children...I suppose that’s optional too?

Jesus tells us people will still be getting married in the worst time possible...and notice they will be marrying.
Matthew‬ ‭24:38-39‬ ‭
For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be.

How is it selfish to marry and have children? That’s the least selfish move you could make. And it’s not bad to have someone to share things with is it? Even if it’s bad times? Reminds me of something I read years ago that talked about African woman shouldn’t be able to have children since they are gonna die anyway. Which I thought at first sounded right but as God showed me that’s really evil thinking. Why stop people from experiencing life and having children?

I think ‭‭God allowed Paul to say it but with the disclaimer that it isn’t a command. So God isn’t saying that the get married thing is off now, don’t get married.

You are ignoring the obvious...Anna got married. I would imagine she was widowed and I don’t think many people married widows in those days so maybe her being full time with God made sense...but she did marry first.

I do have personal experiences with God which is where my perspective comes from, yes. Why wouldn’t I share that?

Are you are trying to project onto me now? I have never said anything about infertile woman nor have I implied anything toward infertile woman. I feel bad that they can’t conceive and am glad that at least they can adopt a child. Your thinking poorly and meanly of me helps you imagine things about me that just aren’t true, which I think reflects more poorly on you than it does me.
My classes ended ten hours ago. I'm probably on the other side of the world as you. Lol, ok Lisa. Pretend the world is the same as it was in Eden and that God is static. Pretend "Thou shalt wed" is included in the timeless moral commandments if it makes you feel you have an argument. That is not what the scripture in Matthew is referring to but oh well. I know trying to converse with you using logic is about as productive as talking to a wall. There are plenty of other single characters in the bible. Nah, your commentary clearly reflects on where you place your value when it comes to women who do not or cannot have children. It says a lot about you. You do a good enough job of making yourself look bad on this forum -no one needs to imagine anything about you.

Lisa

Superstar
My classes ended ten hours ago. I'm probably on the other side of the world as you. Lol, ok Lisa. Pretend the world is the same as it was in Eden and that God is static. Pretend "Thou shalt wed" is included in the timeless moral commandments if it makes you feel you have an argument. That is not what the scripture in Matthew is referring to but oh well. I know trying to converse with you using logic is about as productive as talking to a wall. There are plenty of other single characters in the bible. Nah, your commentary clearly reflects on where you place your value when it comes to women who do not or cannot have children. It says a lot about you. You do a good enough job of making yourself look bad on this forum -no one needs to imagine anything about you.
I wonder why you bothered to comment about classes at all then?

The Bible does say that God is the same yesterday, today and forever. Maybe that’s where that belief comes from?

I do have a valid argument. God created the world that we see, He created the people in this world. Did he create just Adam to live out his life alone? He sure didn’t, in fact He created a woman out of man to show how together He wanted them to be. Makes all the sense to me. He doesn’t change that just because we are a few thousand years away from the beginning of things because God doesn’t change.

Genesis‬ ‭2:18-24‬ ‭​
Then the LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name. The man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the sky, and to every beast of the field, but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him. So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place. The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man. The man said, “This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man.” For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.
‭‭
What was the verse in Matthew referring to? Jesus says in red and white...they will be marrying, should we think people won’t..that Jesus lies?

I have already told you what I think of woman who can’t have children, and you still think the opposite of what I say? And you think I’m hard to converse with?

Just because most people don’t like what I have to say doesn’t mean I’m wrong.

Robin

Veteran
I wonder why you bothered to comment about classes at all then?

The Bible does say that God is the same yesterday, today and forever. Maybe that’s where that belief comes from?

I do have a valid argument. God created the world that we see, He created the people in this world. Did he create just Adam to live out his life alone? He sure didn’t, in fact He created a woman out of man to show how together He wanted them to be. Makes all the sense to me. He doesn’t change that just because we are a few thousand years away from the beginning of things because God doesn’t change.

Genesis‬ ‭2:18-24‬ ‭​
Then the LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name. The man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the sky, and to every beast of the field, but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him. So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place. The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man. The man said, “This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man.” For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.
‭‭
What was the verse in Matthew referring to? Jesus says in red and white...they will be marrying, should we think people won’t..that Jesus lies?

I have already told you what I think of woman who can’t have children, and you still think the opposite of what I say? And you think I’m hard to converse with?

Just because most people don’t like what I have to say doesn’t mean I’m wrong.
Because at the time (check the time stamp) I was about to start classes. It's been half a day.

Your whole perspective is based on the fallacy that God's plan for mankind would remain the same both pre and post Fall as though there are not added obstacles of disorder that change our very social and spiritual landscape. The world has changed and God's added concessions (e.g. original design included monogamous unions but later on many of God's chosen kings and prophets would have multiple wives, divorce becoming an option etc.) prove that point. Did the command stay the same when God allowed polygamy and divorce? That verse in Genesis didn't stop several biblical patriarchs from marrying more than one women. The verse in Matthew refers to life carrying on as usual with people unaware of the coming judgement. Because it mentions "eating and drinking" just before that . . . Which are again markers of oblivious normality. It's not that people don't like what you say it's that you make ignorant statements. Which would be fine if you weren't so dogmatic about them. Well, your advice to women in abusive relationships is to "stick it out" and pray it stops while risking their own safety and I've seen your attitude about the homeless as well so forgive me for not petitioning you for sainthood.

Regardless, enjoy the rest of your evening.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Because at the time (check the time stamp) I was about to start classes. It's been half a day.

Your whole perspective is based on the fallacy that God's plan for mankind would remain the same both pre and post Fall as though there are not added obstacles of disorder that change our very social and spiritual landscape. The world has changed and God's added concessions (e.g. original design included monogamous unions but later on many of God's chosen kings and prophets would have multiple wives, divorce becoming an option etc.) prove that point. Did the command stay the same when God allowed polygamy and divorce? That verse in Genesis didn't stop several biblical patriarchs from marrying more than one women. The verse in Matthew refers to life carrying on as usual with people unaware of the coming judgement. Because it mentions "eating and drinking" just before that . . . Which are again markers of oblivious normality. It's not that people don't like what you say it's that you make ignorant statements. Which would be fine if you weren't so dogmatic about them. Well, your advice to women in abusive relationships is to "stick it out" and pray it stops while risking their own safety and I've seen your attitude about the honeless as well so forgive me for not petitioning you for sainthood.

Regardless, enjoy the rest of your evening.
Ah..ok.

Why would God change His mind post fall? He is omniscient so He knew man would fall..didn’t have to make man at all but He did. Even when you read the verse of the warning..it seems that God is telling man his future...not just warning.
Genesis‬ ‭2:16-17‬ ‭
In fact when God warns Adam about eating the fruit, one could read it as a prophecy...”
The LORD God commanded the man, saying, “From any tree of the garden you may eat freely; but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die.”​
‭‭
God gave one concession to divorce only, one reason to divorce..but He doesn’t like it..and Jesus repeated the correct way.
Mark‬ ‭10:5‬ , 10-12
But Jesus said to them, “Because of your hardness of heart he wrote you this commandment.”
‭‭
In the house the disciples began questioning Him about this again. And He said to them, “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her; and if she herself divorces her husband and marries another man, she is committing adultery.”
The correct way...and the way I am talking about is..
Mark‬ ‭10:6-9‬ ‭
But from the beginning of creation, God MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE. FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH; so they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.”
‭‭
The only time a divorce seems to be ok for a Christian is when an unbelieving spouse leaves you..you can’t leave them.
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭7:10-15‬ ‭
But to the married I give instructions, not I, but the Lord, that the wife should not leave her husband (but if she does leave, she must remain unmarried, or else be reconciled to her husband), and that the husband should not divorce his wife. But to the rest I say, not the Lord, that if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she consents to live with him, he must not divorce her. And a woman who has an unbelieving husband, and he consents to live with her, she must not send her husband away. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband; for otherwise your children are unclean, but now they are holy. Yet if the unbelieving one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases, but God has called us to peace.
When did God allow polygamy? Just because people do it, doesn’t mean that God is happy about it or allowed it..we all do sin ya know. Notice how Abraham’s first born by Hagar isn’t the promised child and is not in the covenant..its is only through the child born of Sarah, Abraham’s wife who is the child of promise, the only child of Abraham that the covenant goes through. God right there is holding up His decree of only one man and one woman together. As for Isaac, he was tricked into marrying the first born female and not his actual choice. Though God blessed the children from the marriages...it wasn’t the best marriage with 2 wives who were jealous of each other.

Yes, that verse is about life carrying on..people marry and always have and looks like always will. The point being that in the end times people will still be marrying.

I think I make valid points and not ignorant statements.

My advice to abused women is to pray about it. Good advice..for anything in life that happens to you.

Robin

Veteran
Ah..ok.

Why would God change His mind post fall? He is omniscient so He knew man would fall..didn’t have to make man at all but He did. Even when you read the verse of the warning..it seems that God is telling man his future...not just warning.
Genesis‬ ‭2:16-17‬ ‭
In fact when God warns Adam about eating the fruit, one could read it as a prophecy...”
The LORD God commanded the man, saying, “From any tree of the garden you may eat freely; but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die.”​
‭‭
God gave one concession to divorce only, one reason to divorce..but He doesn’t like it..and Jesus repeated the correct way.
Mark‬ ‭10:5‬ , 10-12
But Jesus said to them, “Because of your hardness of heart he wrote you this commandment.”
‭‭
In the house the disciples began questioning Him about this again. And He said to them, “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her; and if she herself divorces her husband and marries another man, she is committing adultery.”
The correct way...and the way I am talking about is..
Mark‬ ‭10:6-9‬ ‭
But from the beginning of creation, God MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE. FOR THIS REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER, AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH; so they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.”
‭‭
The only time a divorce seems to be ok for a Christian is when an unbelieving spouse leaves you..you can’t leave them.
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭7:10-15‬ ‭
But to the married I give instructions, not I, but the Lord, that the wife should not leave her husband (but if she does leave, she must remain unmarried, or else be reconciled to her husband), and that the husband should not divorce his wife. But to the rest I say, not the Lord, that if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she consents to live with him, he must not divorce her. And a woman who has an unbelieving husband, and he consents to live with her, she must not send her husband away. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband; for otherwise your children are unclean, but now they are holy. Yet if the unbelieving one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases, but God has called us to peace.
When did God allow polygamy? Just because people do it, doesn’t mean that God is happy about it or allowed it..we all do sin ya know. Notice how Abraham’s first born by Hagar isn’t the promised child and is not in the covenant..its is only through the child born of Sarah, Abraham’s wife who is the child of promise, the only child of Abraham that the covenant goes through. God right there is holding up His decree of only one man and one woman together. As for Isaac, he was tricked into marrying the first born female and not his actual choice. Though God blessed the children from the marriages...it wasn’t the best marriage with 2 wives who were jealous of each other.

Yes, that verse is about life carrying on..people marry and always have and looks like always will. The point being that in the end times people will still be marrying.

I think I make valid points and not ignorant statements.

My advice to abused women is to pray about it. Good advice..for anything in life that happens to you.
I was planning on the former being my last post but I really can't stand to see you butchering scripture this way. Yes God is omniscient but he still allowed later concessions -He had an ideal but because things had changed including man's nature (not God's), there had to be some kind of compensatory amendments. Jesus himself says that divorce was only allowed because of the stubborness of men's hearts. You keep saying that God's original intent was for a man and a woman to be married right? Now answer this: why did that change with added concessions? Did God change His mind? So let me ask you: why did God allow many of His prophets to be single? He said in the beginning as you keep banging on about that it is not good for a man to be alone . . . Yet some of the most powerfully-used men in the bible were unmarried. Jeremiah. Paul. Presumably John the Baptist. Women too - Mary/Martha. Phillip's four daughters. What about the prophecied 144 000 virgins who "did not defile themselves with women" -meaning they will not get married. Kind of puts a dent in your whole "people will always marry theory" and that marriage is ALWAYS God's given prerogative to people. Can you answer that?

Wrong - the basis for divorce is infidelity.

Isaac only had one wife -Rebecca. You're thinking of Jacob who was tricked into marrying Leah first. And what about God creating the nation of Israel through Jacob's unions with four different women? If He "doesnt like" polgyamy? If the given standard for marriage is the best one and an unchangeable command? Or King David, the man after God's heart who had what, three or four wives?

And these people marrying are unbelievers, Lisa. For heaven's sake this isn't rocket science.

And in the meantime be a punching bag and potentially risk your life? Yeah this is what I mean by your ignorance. As someone who has had several family members in abusive marriages, things are not that simple. People have died holding onto abusive relationshis and your only response is "But were they Christian though?" -_-

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
I was planning on the former being my last post but I really can't stand to see you butchering scripture this way. Yes God is omniscient but he still allowed later concessions -He had an ideal but because things had changed including man's nature (not God's), there had to be some kind of compensatory amendments. Jesus himself says that divorce was only allowed because of the stubborness of men's hearts. So let me ask you: why did God allow many of His prophets to be single? He said in the beginning as you keep banging on about that it is not good for a man to be alone . . . Yet some of the most powerfully-used men in the bible were unmarried. Jeremiah. Paul. Presumably John the Baptist.
Women to - Mary/Martha. Phillip's four daughters. What about the prophecied 144 000 virgins who "did not defile themselves with women" -meaning they will not get married. Kind of puts a dent in your whole "people will always marry theory" and that marriage is ALWAYS God's given prerogative. Can you answer that?

Wrong - the basis for divorce is infidelity.

Isaac only had one wife -Rebecca. You're thinking of Jacob who was tricked into marrying Leah first. And what about God creating the nation of Israel through Jacob's unions with four different women? If He "doesnt like" polgyamy? If the given standard for marriage is the best one and an unchangeable command? Or King David, the man after God's heart who had what, three or four wives?

And these people marrying are unbelievers, Lisa. For heaven's sake this isn't rocket science.

And in the meantime be a punching bag and potentially risk your life? Yeah this is what I mean by your ignorance. As someone who has had several family members in abusive marriages, things are not that simple.
I don’t see why some unmarried people puts a divorce in my theory. God made man...He said it wasn’t good for man to be alone, so He made woman...man marrying only one woman. I don’t see where that is not still right even if people are single.

Ya, God allowed divorce..but there is also a consequence of divorce..you should stay single otherwise you are committing adultery. What is wrong with the verses I quoted if unsaved spouses leave saved spouses?

Ya, I was thinking of Jacob. God still works through our sins..otherwise nothing could be done could it? He told the kings that they shouldn’t marry multiple women because then their hearts would be led astray from Him. But, like I keep saying sin is what rules us and God sees it, but doesn’t like it nor does sin go unpunished.

I’m not sure how I’m now telling someone to be a punching bag when I say pray to God. I never said life is simple but prayer is the best way to get help!

Robin

Veteran
I don’t see why some unmarried people puts a divorce in my theory. God made man...He said it wasn’t good for man to be alone, so He made woman...man marrying only one woman. I don’t see where that is not still right even if people are single.

Ya, God allowed divorce..but there is also a consequence of divorce..you should stay single otherwise you are committing adultery. What is wrong with the verses I quoted if unsaved spouses leave saved spouses?

Ya, I was thinking of Jacob. God still works through our sins..otherwise nothing could be done could it? He told the kings that they shouldn’t marry multiple women because then their hearts would be led astray from Him. But, like I keep saying sin is what rules us and God sees it, but doesn’t like it nor does sin go unpunished.

I’m not sure how I’m now telling someone to be a punching bag when I say pray to God. I never said life is simple but prayer is the best way to get help!
It kills your theory that God wants all people to be married. He would not have allowed those to go unmarried if He did. Answer my questions please. Isn't God allowing divorce and polygamy diverting from the original monogamous marriage model? Why did God greatly bless single people with ministry and not force them to get married if the Genesis spiel applied to EVERY person in history as a command? Simple straightforward answers will do thanks. And leaving your abusive partner is the best way to get help.

Lisa

Superstar
It kills your theory that God wants all people to be married. He would not have allowed those to go unmarried if He did. Answer my questions please. Isn't God allowing divorce and polygamy diverting from the original monogamous marriage model? Why did God greatly bless single people with ministry and not force them to get married if the Genesis spiel applied to EVERY person in history as a command? Simple straightforward answers will do thanks. And leaving your abusive partner is the best way to get help.
I don’t think it does kill my theory that God wants all people to be married. I still think that God does want all people to be married..now whether or not they do is something else. And I don’t think He wants polygamy even though it did happen with prominent people in the Bible.

You do know that God doesn’t micro manage people..He doesn’t force people to do His will, right? He also commanded that Adam and Eve not eat from a certain tree and they did. Does that mean that God is all for disobedience because they were? No, of course not. I don’t know why people don’t get married but that doesn’t mean that that’s what God wanted for them. That God decided to use some people that didn’t get married was up to Him ...He can use anyone He wants. He’s also used married people such as Queen Esther and Peter.

Robin

Veteran
I don’t think it does kill my theory that God wants all people to be married. I still think that God does want all people to be married..now whether or not they do is something else. And I don’t think He wants polygamy even though it did happen with prominent people in the Bible.

You do know that God doesn’t micro manage people..He doesn’t force people to do His will, right? He also commanded that Adam and Eve not eat from a certain tree and they did. Does that mean that God is all for disobedience because they were? No, of course not. I don’t know why people don’t get married but that doesn’t mean that that’s what God wanted for them. That God decided to use some people that didn’t get married was up to Him ...He can use anyone He wants. He’s also used married people such as Queen Esther and Peter.
Good to know you're God's mindreader. I give up lol.

Lisa

Superstar
@Lisa, I don't mean to be either indelicate or overly personal, but if you were to produce, or procreate, me through sexual union, and knowing what a problem if ultimately, unquestionably, inarguably loving if problematic child I can be, would you be tempted to either abort or adopt me out, to a loving couple, so that I could be properly raised, disciplined and raised in a Protestant Christian dogmatic home and environment, without question or obstruction from invariably evil Rome, and entirely free from insidious church deception? Or, on the other hand, would you raise me with a rod of iron, or better yet, one of even tougher metal, tungsten carbide? In any case, and no matter how and if you answer, you will always know that I am, and remain, an occasional embezzler and treasurer of your fanclub, hashtag #teamlisa.
Are you wanting an answer? Lol!

I would still choose to raise you if you were my child and do the best I could..that’s all any one of us can do. Why would I raise you with a rod of iron?

Robin

Veteran
@Lisa, I don't mean to be either indelicate or overly personal, but if you were to produce, or procreate, me through sexual union, and knowing what a problem if ultimately, unquestionably, inarguably loving if problematic child I can be, would you be tempted to either abort or adopt me out, to a loving couple, so that I could be properly raised, disciplined and raised in a Protestant Christian dogmatic home and environment, without question or obstruction from invariably evil Rome, and entirely free from insidious church deception? Or, on the other hand, would you raise me with a rod of iron, or better yet, one of even tougher metal, tungsten carbide? In any case, and no matter how and if you answer, you will always know that I am, and remain, an occasional embezzler and treasurer of your fanclub, hashtag #teamlisa.
She sure is gifted. It takes talent to fluctuate seamlessly between sounding like a twelve year old and a sixty year old.

Lisa

Superstar
Because I would deserve it, naturally, or an even harder metal, tungsten carbide. Thanks for not aborting me. I''ve always liked you too, even though you sometimes make ne yank my hair out by the roots lol.
Why would you deserve it?

You’re welcome :)

That sounds extreme...

Robin

Veteran
Just wondering, you don’t want to answer that question?
No, I just don't see what that has to do with anything -though you do like to send threads off topic. But I'll bite . . . Only if you tell me why you asked.