No regard...for the desire of women

Lisa

Superstar
Also...where does the holy spirit come into all this?

John‬ ‭1:29-34‬ ‭
The next day he saw Jesus coming to him and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! This is He on behalf of whom I said, ‘After me comes a Man who has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.’ I did not recognize Him, but so that He might be manifested to Israel, I came baptizing in water.” John testified saying, “I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and He remained upon Him. I did not recognize Him, but He who sent me to baptize in water said to me, ‘He upon whom you see the Spirit descending and remaining upon Him, this is the One who baptizes in the Holy Spirit.’ I myself have seen, and have testified that this is the Son of God.”

‭‭Luke‬ ‭3:21-22‬ ‭​
Now when all the people were baptized, Jesus was also baptized, and while He was praying, heaven was opened, and the Holy Spirit descended upon Him in bodily form like a dove, and a voice came out of heaven, “You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased.”

John‬ ‭16:12-15‬ ‭
“I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.”
‭‭
‭‭

DesertRose

Superstar
Christians are not worshipping the God that Jesus peace be upon him worshiped. These teachings came about afterwards and those who did not follow this creed got persecuted.

Haich

Superstar
His death wasn’t in vain, He died for us while we were still sinners.

Jesus didn’t take away all sin from us when we believe in Him, but we still live with sin, seeking to master it. But, we can’t do that on our own, only with God and truth is we will fail sometimes in our struggle with sin.
Ok but you still sin.

Haich

Superstar

John‬ ‭1:29-34‬ ‭​

The next day he saw Jesus coming to him and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! This is He on behalf of whom I said, ‘After me comes a Man who has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.’ I did not recognize Him, but so that He might be manifested to Israel, I came baptizing in water.” John testified saying, “I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and He remained upon Him. I did not recognize Him, but He who sent me to baptize in water said to me, ‘He upon whom you see the Spirit descending and remaining upon Him, this is the One who baptizes in the Holy Spirit.’ I myself have seen, and have testified that this is the Son of God.”​

‭‭Luke‬ ‭3:21-22‬ ‭​
Now when all the people were baptized, Jesus was also baptized, and while He was praying, heaven was opened, and the Holy Spirit descended upon Him in bodily form like a dove, and a voice came out of heaven, “You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased.”

John‬ ‭16:12-15‬ ‭​

“I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.”
‭‭
‭‭
I meant with regards to the verse about will. Where's the holy spirit's will?

Haich

Superstar
There is a problem in Christianity and its been here since the beginning of it which is that false teachers and false prophets have come into the church, so one has to be careful to have the right teaching which is why there are many different gospels out there. You can’t believe what everyone says, you can only go by the Bible which is the truth
You also gave your opinion earlier and said a Christian can be punished by fire

Ok so who are your scholars then? When there are false prophets and preachers who or what is the governing body or council which preserves the bible's message?

Todd

Star
I can understand why you have reservations- I’ve heard it broken down by scholars, and that helped me on the granular level, personally. I looked, knowing Nabeel did his thesis on this, and wouldn’t you know it, there’s a 20 min video addressing this issue, so I hope this helps!
Thanks...but not thanks. I'm not stating the bible is confusing to me. I am much less confused in my understanding of the nature of God and the relationship of Jesus Christ to God, than the typical Trinitarian Christian. I have a perfectly reasonable and clear interpretation of the Bible that does not include the Trinity doctrine. I spent 25 years believing and teaching the Trinity doctrine in the instituional church before I realized there is a much more clear and less convulted interpretation of the nature of God. I have studied and read what numerous Bible scholars and theologians have written about the Trinity and many of the Pro-Trinitarian scholars admit the Trinity is an invention of the church that is not explicitily found in the scriptures. But you know going against orthodox doctrine isn't good for ones career as a bible scholar or theologion so of course they are going to still say they believe in the Trinity doctrine even though it can't explicitly be found in the Bible.

I am prefectly happy and content believing Jesus is exactly what the Bible clearly and explicitly states he is. Jesus is the Son of Man, the lamb of God, the messiah. Because of his obedience to God's will, God made him (an action that implies he was not pre-existant as these things) both Lord and Christ. He is the Son of God, and the example for my life of the perfect Spirit filled man, 100% submoitted the will of God and filled with the spirit of God (who is not a separate "person: from God the Father).

Lisa

Superstar
Christians are not worshipping the God that Jesus peace be upon him worshiped. These teachings came about afterwards and those who did not follow this creed got persecuted.

John‬ ‭10:30‬ ‭
I and the Father are one.

‭‭Luke‬ ‭3:22‬ ‭
And the Holy Spirit descended upon Him in bodily form like a dove, and a voice came out of heaven, “You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased.”
‭‭

Swiftturtle

Established
Thanks...but not thanks. I'm not stating the bible is confusing to me. I am much less confused in my understanding of the nature of God and the relationship of Jesus Christ to God, than the typical Trinitarian Christian. I have a perfectly reasonable and clear interpretation of the Bible that does not include the Trinity doctrine. I spent 25 years believing and teaching the Trinity doctrine in the instituional church before I realized there is a much more clear and less convulted interpretation of the nature of God. I have studied and read what numerous Bible scholars and theologians have written about the Trinity and many of the Pro-Trinitarian scholars admit the Trinity is an invention of the church that is not explicitily found in the scriptures. But you know going against orthodox doctrine isn't good for ones career as a bible scholar or theologion so of course they are going to still say they believe in the Trinity doctrine even though it can't explicitly be found in the Bible.

I am prefectly happy and content believing Jesus is exactly what the Bible clearly and explicitly states he is. Jesus is the Son of Man, the lamb of God, the messiah. Because of his obedience to God's will, God made him (an action that implies he was not pre-existant as these things) both Lord and Christ. He is the Son of God, and the example for my life of the perfect Spirit filled man, 100% submoitted the will of God and filled with the spirit of God (who is not a separate "person: from God the Father).
Did you take the time to watch the video?

Todd

Star
Did you take the time to watch the video?
Did you read my post? I spent 25 years studying and listening to numerous and varied attempts to defend and explain the Trinity doctrine and since found a much clearer and logical interpretation. Why would I waste time going back to something I have left behind?

I'm not particulary concerned if other Christians agree or even respect my beliefs. I also do not judge, condemn or discount the faith of those who still believe in the Trinity doctrine. I only share it with others as an alternative for those who are confused and dissillusioned with the Trinity fable.

Chara

Rookie
In a way, this thread is kinda reassuring. Even people who are technically part of the same religion can’t seem to agree on what they believe, but everyone is trying to reach some sort of understanding.

Swiftturtle

Established
Is there a “Why do you believe in what you believe” thread? I feel like we’ve gotten way out of the title of this thread. Not that having these debates are in vein, just not dealing with ‘in regards to woman’s freedom.

For the sake of what’s been discussed just recently, I’ll present the below, but I’m going to look at the other threads and move any input outside of ‘regards to women’ over there.

The importance of blood offerings, and why Jesus dying was the blood offering that sanctified us, is wonderfully reflected in the ‘veil being torn’. I never understand why it isn’t mentioned. Here’s a short summary: https://www.gotquestions.org/temple-veil-torn.html

How Jesus is God, but God is the Father and Jesus is the Son:

Is God Tawhid or Trinity: A debate between Dr. Qureshi and Dr. Shabir Ally...(warning, it’s long):

Swiftturtle

Established
Did you read my post? I spent 25 years studying and listening to numerous and varied attempts to defend and explain the Trinity doctrine and since found a much clearer and logical interpretation. Why would I waste time going back to something I have left behind?

I'm not particulary concerned if other Christians agree or even respect my beliefs. I also do not judge, condemn or discount the faith of those who still believe in the Trinity doctrine. I only share it with others as an alternative for those who are confused and dissillusioned with the Trinity fable.
I did read your post. It’s a short video- and if you watch it you’ll either say “I hadn’t heard it with those points”, or “I still solidly believe it is a fable”... obviously, the choice is yours, and I’ll respect your decision if you still don’t want to give it a chance:)

Swiftturtle

Established
Just saw this. These are the times we are in.

(Superficial: what a jawline! I have a pronounced jawline, but it looks like a turtle from that angle!)

You should make a thread where Christians can share about things like this, along with other prophetic words. I’d love a place like that for chatting/sharing :) I look into a lot of this, and love hearing alignments with scripture. Elijahlist has a little bit, but I’d love to have back and forth discussions around topics like this. I’ve heard others corroborate her and I’ve also heard that out of pure grace, God is about to make major moves...

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
(Superficial: what a jawline! I have a pronounced jawline, but it looks like a turtle from that angle!)

You should make a thread where Christians can share about things like this, along with other prophetic words. I’d love a place like that for chatting/sharing :) I look into a lot of this, and love hearing alignments with scripture. Elijahlist has a little bit, but I’d love to have back and forth discussions around topics like this. I’ve heard others corroborate her and I’ve also heard that out of pure grace, God is about to make major moves...
An old thread, but I believe in the Resurrection!!

https://www.vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/unveiled-faces.1124/

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Habakkuk 1:5 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Lord’s Reply

5 “Look among the nations and watch—
Be utterly astounded!
For I will work a work in your days
Which you would not believe, though it were told you.

@Swiftturtle maybe you suspect we are on the edge of these kind of moves?

Swiftturtle

Established
Is He? What moves?
“I’ve got mooooves you’ve never seen!”...I wish this website posted gifs. I love “My Best Friend’s Wedding”.

Redsky and I are hopping onto a thread about things related to chat about this stuff further since it doesn’t align with the thread ‘in regards to women’...I know I’ve been part of the reason for deviating from the thread’s purpose, so I’m going to hop over where those discussions can take place without messing up this thread’s purpose even further, bc it’s not fair to the thread author’s intentions that I am posting other things

Lisa

Superstar
“I’ve got mooooves you’ve never seen!”...I wish this website posted gifs. I love “My Best Friend’s Wedding”.

Redsky and I are hopping onto a thread about things related to chat about this stuff further since it doesn’t align with the thread ‘in regards to women’...I know I’ve been part of the reason for deviating from the thread’s purpose, so I’m going to hop over where those discussions can take place without messing up this thread’s purpose even further, bc it’s not fair to the thread author’s intentions that I am posting other things
I happen to be the thread’s author :) but I understand, maybe I’ll take a look at what you’re posting there.