No regard...for the desire of women

Lisa

Superstar
Ok let me ask you this. Jesus prayed to God to be saved.

‘And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly; and his sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground’ (Luke 22:44 ESVUK

He was terrified. Did The father answer his prayer?
He asked God to save Him from the death He was going to, but would rather God’s will be done. Helps us Christians to know that we can pray to God during tough times but that ultimately God’s will will be done.

Yes, God did answer Jesus prayer..Your will not mine be done.

Lisa

Superstar
The term psychology is a broad term covering the study of the mind and behavior. There are many different theories and schools of though within psychology. Christian counselors can take theories and schools of thought that align with the Christian principles and use them to help people.

I think you are confusing the prevailing schools of thought that are popular within the secular world, as the complete and exhaustive realm of psychology. I would agree that many forms of popular psychology that leave out faith and the spiritual realm are not combatible with Christianity.
Come out of her my people...

Haich

Superstar
He asked God to save Him from the death He was going to, but would rather God’s will be done. Helps us Christians to know that we can pray to God during tough times but that ultimately God’s will will be done.

Yes, God did answer Jesus prayer..Your will not mine be done.
But the father's will was for Jesus to be crucified and Jesus's will was to be saved and not be crucified.

If the Godhead are co equal, why did jesus have a different will to the father?

To me, that verse shows that the ultimate decision came from the father. He overrides jesus's will so how can they be co equal if their thoughts aren't in sync or harmony?

Lisa

Superstar
But the father's will was for Jesus to be crucified and Jesus's will was to be saved and not be crucified.

If the Godhead are co equal, why did jesus have a different will to the father?

To me, that verse shows that the ultimate decision came from the father. He overrides jesus's will so how can they be co equal if their thoughts aren't in sync or harmony?
Jesus was also half human when He was here on earth. But He also knew God’s Will was more important than that human side that wanted a way out.

Haich

Superstar
Jesus was also half human when He was here on earth. But He also knew God’s Will was more important than that human side that wanted a way out.
No no, sorry you guys say he was fully human and reliant on God whilst he was on earth. That is the justification you guys have been giving constantly on VC to reason why Jesus prayed to God.

My question was, how could they co equal if they had different wills? The father's will overrided Jesus's which means the father is more important. That would naturally allow one to conclude there is no Godhead as they aren't equal in power and ruling

Lisa

Superstar
No no, sorry you guys say he was fully human and reliant on God whilst he was on earth. That is the justification you guys have been giving constantly on VC to reason why Jesus prayed to God.

My question was, how could they co equal if they had different wills? The father's will overrided Jesus's which means the father is more important. That would naturally allow one to conclude there is no Godhead as they aren't equal in power and ruling
He was fully human and fully God. He didn’t leave His Godhood behind when He came down from heaven...but to be our kinsman redeemer He also had to be our kinsman.

Todd

Star
You aren’t supposed to be a part of the world either..
Really? How are we to be salt and light if we are not in the world. Be in the world but not of it. It is well within the Christian's place to bring the truth of the gospel and biblical priniciples into the realm of psychology.

Haich

Superstar
He was fully human and fully God. He didn’t leave His Godhood behind when He came down from heaven...but to be our kinsman redeemer He also had to be our kinsman.
Well you said he was half human before...sounds painful

Why didn't jesus have the same will as the father? How can ONE God have two wills?

Can you want to die to save humanity but also not want to die and decide to pray to yourself to be saved from death??!

Todd

Star
@Todd He is the Kinsman Redeemer, how can He do that without the kinsman part?
I'm not the one denying Jesus was fully man.
Are you God? How can he be your kinsman redeemer if he is God?
You really aren't that good at this logic and reason thing are you? LOL!

Lisa

Superstar
Well which is it Lisa? Was he fully human or half human? See this is the problem the Trintity doctrine. It literally makes zero sense, hence the reason why everyones understanding (misunderstanding to be more apporpriate) and explanation of it is completely different.
He’s fully human and fully God, which would mean He is half human and half God, I don’t see that as confusing.

Lisa

Superstar
I'm not the one denying Jesus was fully man.
Are you God? How can he be your kinsman redeemer if he is God?
You really aren't that good at this logic and reason thing are you? LOL!
Its a faith thing that we are saved by.

Lisa

Superstar
Well you said he was half human before...sounds painful

Why didn't jesus have the same will as the father? How can ONE God have two wills?

Can you want to die to save humanity but also not want to die and decide to pray to yourself to be saved from death??!
He was born, to be born is painful for the woman for sure. Can’t be much fun for a baby either, but I don’t remember.

He did have the same will as His Father, He was sacrificed for our sins.

You can pray to God for anything, but ultimately it is God’s will that will be done. And praying to God helps you become on the same page with God.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The basic teachings of the New Testament regarding the nature of God are three, according to Grudem[1]:

1. God is three persons.

2. Each person is fully God.

3. There is one God.

Upon a moment’s consideration of these three truths, we can quickly understand why confusion would ensue. As humans, we are so confined to our limited understanding of the nature of things that it is impossible for us to imagine that three distinct persons could comprise one Being, especially if each of those persons has the full nature of that Being. In considering the Trinitarian nature of God, it becomes necessary to admit that full understanding is beyond the limited capacity of man.

https://www.vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/trinitarian-controversies.6098/

[1] Wayne Grudem, Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Biblical Doctrine. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2000 rev. p. 239.

Todd

Star
He’s fully human and fully God, which would mean He is half human and half God, I don’t see that as confusing.
Of course you don't, because you have really poor logic and reasoning skills. How can you be half something yet fully that same thing. Someone who is half italian and half german can't be 100% Italian.