No Jesus in the Old Testament? Isaiah 53, Proverbs 30, Pslams 22 beg to differ. His name is everywhere in the bible.

Allegra

Veteran
Y E S H U A is My Name in Bible Codes Answering Isaiah 53 and Proverbs 30 Riddles
Repent Earthlings – Jesus Now Revealed in Old Testament and You Have No Choice But to Believe Especially You Jews But You Muslims as Well…

And All of You Atheists, Agnostics, Followers of Babylonian System Nimrod Generated Religions and Followers of Self Who’s God is their Own Belly…
Watch this video. It’s not long. It will give you hope and increase your faith incredibly. This video is about Bible codes and finding the Name of Jesus in the Old Testament to the tune of a statistical probability of 1/50,000,000,000,000,000 of it happening by chance (which means not by chance and “more of a reality than we are”).

“What is His Son’s Name?” Every 22 letters Bible Code “Jesus is the Gift” Answers the Riddle…
Proverbs 30:4

Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son’s name, if thou canst tell?

“Yeshua is my Name” – answers Isaiah 53 in Bible codes. See video for full description
Yeshua – YHVH

IN PSALMS 22

phipps

Star
Jesus is the God of the whole Bible. Some Christians and Jews think the God of the Old Testament is God the Father. The Bible says in John 1:18, "No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him."
Jesus also said, "And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form." John 5:37.

These two scriptures teach us an important fact: The Father has not directly spoken to or been seen by any human being at any time.

Jesus also said that He came to “reveal” the Father (Matthew 11:27). By claiming to be the Son of God (John 10:36), Jesus contradicted one of the Jew’s most treasured doctrines, that God is composed of strictly one divine being. They did not understand that God is actually a family, composed of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
They did not understand that God is actually a family, composed of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
As in...

“In modern Hebrew, echad is a word for the number one. Etymologically, however, it is related to the word yachad, together. When it is used for two people, like a man and a woman, it signifies their action of becoming one, not a static or passive unity.

When it is used for God, similarly, it's not just a statement that there are not two gods, or zero, or many: it's about the active unity of God in the world, demanding that we do justice. We cannot take refuge from the demands of YHVH by saying we serve Baal or Astarte, or Thor, or Kali. One god means one moral standard by which we need to scrutinize our actions at all times."

https://www.vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/echad-or-yachid.4500/page-2#post-159131

So instead of speaking the name audibly and clearly to the people He chose to be PRIESTS, God hid it in a code, that according to some is a type of divination that he warned us to not use (gematria)?

Sharon

Rookie
Actually, Jesus is the God of the whole Bible. We can find before Jesus came to Earth and dwelt with man, he was Melchisedec King of Salem who Abraham honored with a tenth of his possessions, the great I AM who appeared to Moses, and Jehovah Almighty who gave Moses the Ten Commandments and led the children of Israel out of Egypt.

Hebrews 7:1-3 KJV
For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; [2] To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace; [3] Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

These first few verses in Hebrews 7 show that Melchisedec met Abraham back in Genesis 14:18-20 KJV: “18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God. 19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth: 20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all,” and later was made like unto the Son of God. We know that Melchisedec is without father, mother, descent, having neither beginning of days or end of life and is an immortal priest. This person cannot be the Father because Jesus is the only begotten Son of God and the only one who has seen the Father. No man including Moses who God showed his backside to has seen the Father. Moses saw the back of Jehovah, who is Jesus. John 1:17-18 “[17] For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. [18] No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.) No man who has ever lived on Earth, but Jesus, has immortality. 1 Timothy 6:13-16 KJV: “ [13] I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession; [14] That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: [15] Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; [16] Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.” Only Jesus, the Son of God, fits the description of Melchisedec.

These two scriptures, John 8:52-58 and Exodus 3:13-15, establish that Jesus is the great I AM.

John 8:52-58 KJV
Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death. [53] Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself? [54] Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God: [55] Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying. [56] Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it and was glad. [57] Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? [58] Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.

Exodus 3:13-15 KJV
And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? [14] And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. [15] And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

Isaiah 12:2-3 establishes the fact that Jesus is Jehovah, our Messiah. Through believing in him and keeping his commandments, can we receive eternal salvation.

Isaiah 12:2-3 KJV
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. [3] Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

phipps

Star
As in...

“In modern Hebrew, echad is a word for the number one. Etymologically, however, it is related to the word yachad, together. When it is used for two people, like a man and a woman, it signifies their action of becoming one, not a static or passive unity.

When it is used for God, similarly, it's not just a statement that there are not two gods, or zero, or many: it's about the active unity of God in the world, demanding that we do justice. We cannot take refuge from the demands of YHVH by saying we serve Baal or Astarte, or Thor, or Kali. One god means one moral standard by which we need to scrutinize our actions at all times."

https://www.vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/echad-or-yachid.4500/page-2#post-159131
I agree but the Jews didn't, did they? My point is the Jews had prophecy about Jesus. They had many clues in the Old Testament about the Godhead because They are mentioned in it. When Jesus claimed to be God, they called him a blasphemer (Mark 14:61-62, John 5:17-18, John 10:30-33).

Allegra

Veteran
So instead of speaking the name audibly and clearly to the people He chose to be PRIESTS, God hid it in a code, that according to some is a type of divination that he warned us to not use (gematria)?
Yes you are right. Because the LORD says He never speaks in secret. He says what He wants to say.
I do not know gematria is some kind of divination but I will look into it! I’m glad to be corrected, thanks for the insight!