Nike: "Jesus Shoes" - filled with 'Holy Water'...

saki

Star
https://creativedestructionmedia.com/opinion/2019/10/09/nike-worships-the-devil-3000-holy-water-filled-jesus-shoes-for-sale/

Nike Worships The Devil: $3,000 Holy Water-Filled “Jesus Shoes” For Sale
by Court Anderson
October 9, 201971660

Screenshot: YouTube
Nike, Oregon-based shoemaker famous for:

• sweatshop labor,
  • endorsing top athletes (and also Colin Kaepernick), and
  • litigation involving Michael Avenatti…
…has openly joined ranks with satanists. How else does one explain the “Jesus shoe,” a new $3,000 per pair offering by the footwear giant containing holy water in its clear plastic soles? A play on the famed miracle, the soles enable well-heeled wearers to “walk on water.” Soulless shoes.

We laugh not to cry, but this is as ugly a joke as Nike has ever played, and that’s a high bar to clear. Recall the most expensive ad of its time, a 1996 excuse to blast satanic imagery around the world:

Now Nike is selling sacreligious shoes that fetishize and diminish the sanctity of Christian worship. From the New York Post:

Nike shoes with actual holy water in the soles are going for as much as $3,000 a pop, and sold out in mere minutes when they dropped Tuesday morning. “Jesus Shoes” are made with 100% frankincense wool (get it?), while the laces are strewn with a crucifix.
The godly shoes were made by Brooklyn-based product design company MSCHF, which created about two dozen of the kicks as a way of trolling “collab culture,” its head of commerce Daniel Greenberg tells The Post.

'Jesus Shoes' with actual holy water inside them sell for $3,000 https://nypost.com/2019/10/08/jesus-shoes-with-actual-holy-water-inside-them-sell-for-3000/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons … via @nypost

“Collab culture” is the best excuse they could come up with? This is parody? Imagine for a moment if Nike produced a “Mohammad Shoe.” Would they call it the Flying Carpet and pad the soles with shredded prayer rugs? One can imagine the reprisals, the riots, the actual bloodshed at any attempt to market Islam. Why is it permissible to toy with a Christian sacramental? Perhaps only because Christians will merely shake their heads and move on.

The shoe is imprinted with a verse from Matthew, 14:25: “Now in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went to them, walking on the sea.”

Holy water is used ritually to remit venial sins. It is not footwear, ultimately bound for a landfill, nor is it to be sold for a profit.

We see you, Nike. Your attempts to debase Christian worship are blatant and unforgivable.

Lisa

Superstar
Again, Christianity and catholicism are mixed up in this article. Christians don’t have holy water..no such thing for us.
I wonder if the catholic youth are gonna buy these, then they can pray to Mary wearing holy water in their shoes? A religious victory perhaps?

sickgirl15

Established
https://creativedestructionmedia.com/opinion/2019/10/09/nike-worships-the-devil-3000-holy-water-filled-jesus-shoes-for-sale/

Nike Worships The Devil: $3,000 Holy Water-Filled “Jesus Shoes” For Sale
by Court Anderson
October 9, 201971660

Screenshot: YouTube
Nike, Oregon-based shoemaker famous for:

• sweatshop labor,
  • endorsing top athletes (and also Colin Kaepernick), and
  • litigation involving Michael Avenatti…
…has openly joined ranks with satanists. How else does one explain the “Jesus shoe,” a new $3,000 per pair offering by the footwear giant containing holy water in its clear plastic soles? A play on the famed miracle, the soles enable well-heeled wearers to “walk on water.” Soulless shoes.

We laugh not to cry, but this is as ugly a joke as Nike has ever played, and that’s a high bar to clear. Recall the most expensive ad of its time, a 1996 excuse to blast satanic imagery around the world:

Now Nike is selling sacreligious shoes that fetishize and diminish the sanctity of Christian worship. From the New York Post:

Nike shoes with actual holy water in the soles are going for as much as $3,000 a pop, and sold out in mere minutes when they dropped Tuesday morning. “Jesus Shoes” are made with 100% frankincense wool (get it?), while the laces are strewn with a crucifix.​

The godly shoes were made by Brooklyn-based product design company MSCHF, which created about two dozen of the kicks as a way of trolling “collab culture,” its head of commerce Daniel Greenberg tells The Post.​

“Collab culture” is the best excuse they could come up with? This is parody? Imagine for a moment if Nike produced a “Mohammad Shoe.” Would they call it the Flying Carpet and pad the soles with shredded prayer rugs? One can imagine the reprisals, the riots, the actual bloodshed at any attempt to market Islam. Why is it permissible to toy with a Christian sacramental? Perhaps only because Christians will merely shake their heads and move on.

The shoe is imprinted with a verse from Matthew, 14:25: “Now in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went to them, walking on the sea.”

Holy water is used ritually to remit venial sins. It is not footwear, ultimately bound for a landfill, nor is it to be sold for a profit.

We see you, Nike. Your attempts to debase Christian worship are blatant and unforgivable.

Mr. (unbalanced) Kanye West or “Yee,” or whatever the hell his crazy moniker is these days is obviously successfully “cashing in” on his latest ploy/scam for attention. Looks like he is hustling up some good money in “Jesus’s name,” and with his claim to “becoming Christian!” Well, “Hallelujah!” There is a new eccentric addition to the Christian faith: Kanye. Lovely. I find myself bringing this specific point up about so-called “Christians” time and time again. If these Christians were REAL, and REALLY “followed how Jesus lived & loved, then they would not hate homosexuals so damn much. Jesus loved EVERYONE! There is nothing worse than a “fake Christian! These hateful, “holier than thou” human beings are judgmental, insecure, and are just not being true to themselves. I don’t understand how a person can claim to be “Christian” and harbor so much hate against people who live differently than them. Ridiculous!

Lisa

Superstar
I find myself bringing this specific point up about so-called “Christians” time and time again. If these Christians were REAL, and REALLY “followed how Jesus lived & loved, then they would not hate homosexuals so damn much.
Are you still talking about Kanye?

Jesus loved EVERYONE!
Jesus loves everyone, He’s still alive.

There is nothing worse than a “fake Christian! These hateful, “holier than thou” human beings are judgmental, insecure, and are just not being true to themselves. I don’t understand how a person can claim to be “Christian” and harbor so much hate against people who live differently than them. Ridiculous!
Are you talking about Christians who actually hate homosexuals or the ones that say that homosexuality is a sin?

Christians don’t have holy water..no such thing for us.
"then the man shall bring his wife to the priest, and bring the offering required of her, a tenth of an ephah of barley meal; he shall pour no oil upon it and put no frankincense on it, for it is a cereal offering of jealousy, a cereal offering of remembrance, bringing iniquity to remembrance. “And the priest shall bring her near, and set her before the Lord; and the priest shall take holy water in an earthen vessel, and take some of the dust that is on the floor of the tabernacle and put it into the water. And the priest shall set the woman before the Lord, and unbind the hair of the woman’s head, and place in her hands the cereal offering of remembrance, which is the cereal offering of jealousy. And in his hand the priest shall have the water of bitterness that brings the curse."
- Numbers 5:15-18

Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.'" But this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.
- John 7:37-39

Also directly related:

Then the Lord said to Moses, “Take the following fine spices: 500 shekels of liquid myrrh, half as much (that is, 250 shekels) of fragrant cinnamon, 250 shekels of fragrant calamus, 500 shekels of cassia—all according to the sanctuary shekel—and a hin of olive oil. Make these into a sacred anointing oil, a fragrant blend, the work of a perfumer. It will be the sacred anointing oil.
- Exodus 30:22-25

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
"then the man shall bring his wife to the priest, and bring the offering required of her, a tenth of an ephah of barley meal; he shall pour no oil upon it and put no frankincense on it, for it is a cereal offering of jealousy, a cereal offering of remembrance, bringing iniquity to remembrance. “And the priest shall bring her near, and set her before the Lord; and the priest shall take holy water in an earthen vessel, and take some of the dust that is on the floor of the tabernacle and put it into the water. And the priest shall set the woman before the Lord, and unbind the hair of the woman’s head, and place in her hands the cereal offering of remembrance, which is the cereal offering of jealousy. And in his hand the priest shall have the water of bitterness that brings the curse."
- Numbers 5:15-18

Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From his innermost being will flow rivers of living water.'" But this He spoke of the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were to receive; for the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.
- John 7:37-39

Also directly related:

Then the Lord said to Moses, “Take the following fine spices: 500 shekels of liquid myrrh, half as much (that is, 250 shekels) of fragrant cinnamon, 250 shekels of fragrant calamus, 500 shekels of cassia—all according to the sanctuary shekel—and a hin of olive oil. Make these into a sacred anointing oil, a fragrant blend, the work of a perfumer. It will be the sacred anointing oil.
- Exodus 30:22-25
Directly related to what? Christians don’t have holy water, catholics do, Christians don’t.

We don’t need to do the things they did in the OT because Jesus was the once for all offering for sin, He fulfilled the law. He is also called the living water. Believe in Him and live, not perish. Like we all need water to live, He is the one who gives us living water to have everlasting life. That’s not the same as holy water.

Directly related to what? Christians don’t have holy water, catholics do, Christians don’t.

We don’t need to do the things they did in the OT because Jesus was the once for all offering for sin, He fulfilled the law. He is also called the living water. Believe in Him and live, not perish. Like we all need water to live, He is the one who gives us living water to have everlasting life. That’s not the same as holy water.
I hope that you never, ever, ever reference to, or read, the Old Testament ever in your life then, just to be sure.

Lisa

Superstar
I hope that you never, ever, ever reference to, or read, the Old Testament ever in your life then, just to be sure.
I have referenced the OT and read the OT.
When it comes to sacrifices like in Numbers 5:15-18, Jesus is the sacrifice for sins. Again in Exodus..we don’t have to do that because of Jesus.

I have referenced the OT and read the OT.
When it comes to sacrifices like in Numbers 5:15-18, Jesus is the sacrifice for sins. Again in Exodus..we don’t have to do that because of Jesus.
Yes but Jesus fulfilled the Law didn't he? so you can throw out the entire Old Testament now and you are liberated from the entire Jewish scriptures! Now you're free to build your own cosmology. See all those genealogies in the beginning of Matt mark luke john? make up your own tales for them now.

Lisa

Superstar
Yes but Jesus fulfilled the Law didn't he? so you can throw out the entire Old Testament now and you are liberated from the entire Jewish scriptures! Now you're free to build your own cosmology. See all those genealogies in the beginning of Matt mark luke john? make up your own tales for them now.
I see what you mean. No, we just are saved from having to do the sacrificing for sin. There’s a lot to be learned in the OT about God.

Who created the world, His relationship with humans, His rules, His miracles..
Ok, so if you think that, then why not the rituals that the very same deity supposedly gave you? it's "not Christian" even though it's right there in the Torah?

Lisa

Superstar
Ok, so if you think that, then why not the rituals that the very same deity supposedly gave you? it's "not Christian" even though it's right there in the Torah?
Matthew‬ ‭5:17‬ ‭
Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.​
‭‭

Matthew‬ ‭5:17‬ ‭​

Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.​
‭‭
For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (Torah) until everything is accomplished. Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.
- Matthew 5:18-20

Again, Christianity and catholicism are mixed up in this article. Christians don’t have holy water..no such thing for us.
I wonder if the catholic youth are gonna buy these, then they can pray to Mary wearing holy water in their shoes? A religious victory perhaps?
Roman Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, and Mormons are all Christian. You can believe they heretics if you like, but any religion that uses the Gospels and the teachings of Jesus Christ as it's basis is Christian.

Roman Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, and Mormons are all Christian. You can believe they heretics if you like, but any religion that uses the Gospels and the teachings of Jesus Christ as it's basis is Christian.
And aside from this, the only form of Christianity that can truly be called "heretical" is Protestantism for entirely rejecting the tradition of the Church, to replace it with an entirely nihilistic, relativist belief system that has nothing to do with Jesus, the Bible or Christianity.
Alongside that, the concept of Heresy itself is a Church-based concept that originates from the Catholic Church who silenced everyone that had other theologies (such as "Jesus isn't God")

Lisa

Superstar
For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (Torah) until everything is accomplished. Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.
- Matthew 5:18-20
What do you think that means?