Nike: "Jesus Shoes" - filled with 'Holy Water'...

It is, there was no Protestantism prior to Martin Luther (circa 15th century), the concepts of Sola scriptura and Sola fide are likewise completely absent from Christianity prior to Martin Luther. There is a reason why it took so long for non-Protestant forms of Christianity to make peace with Protestants, because it IS THE heresy that got away.

Yes.

If you get to judge who is and isn't Christian, other people judge you. Would you feel good if I called you a false Christian, given what seems to be a disdain for the poor? No. You'd defend your views because you see yourself as a follower of Jesus Christ. When you judge other people, who also see themselves as a follower of Jesus Christ... Well, you see the contradictions.

That would be pretty contradictory to the verse above it...
Which is why you read the entire passage and not the bit that suits your agenda best:

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law (Torah) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (Torah) until everything is accomplished. Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law (Torah), you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.
- Matthew 5:17-20

The passage is very very different from the way you want to take it out of context. The passage says the complete opposite of what you want it to say. It literally says that you need to observe the Torah MORE RIGHTEOUSLY than the Pharisees, that your righteousness needs to be so good that you will surpass all other Torah observers and teachers of the Torah. It says in the last sentence there that if you don't do this that you will not enter heaven.
It calls those who leave aside the Torah, "least" of the kingdom of heaven. Whoever follows the Torah down to the very letter is called "greatest" in the kingdom of heaven. These are Jesus' words from your own text.

Vixy

Star
You're forgetting something tho.. Jesus has the best sense of humour on earth, he might just laugh. So thats the good side. Christians sometimes forget that and take everything so seriously. He doesnt want that, he wants us to have fun and joke around. Too bad about the guy being satanic tho, we could pray for him and hope for change? You never know, in the darkest of waters.. ;)

Lisa

Superstar
Which is why you read the entire passage and not the bit that suits your agenda best:

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law (Torah) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (Torah) until everything is accomplished. Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law (Torah), you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.
- Matthew 5:17-20

The passage is very very different from the way you want to take it out of context. The passage says the complete opposite of what you want it to say. It literally says that you need to observe the Torah MORE RIGHTEOUSLY than the Pharisees, that your righteousness needs to be so good that you will surpass all other Torah observers and teachers of the Torah. It says in the last sentence there that if you don't do this that you will not enter heaven.
It calls those who leave aside the Torah, "least" of the kingdom of heaven. Whoever follows the Torah down to the very letter is called "greatest" in the kingdom of heaven. These are Jesus' words from your own text.
Why would Jesus say that He came to fulfill the law then say they needed to practice and teach those commands? Seems like you might be missing something there?

Lisa

Superstar
Yes.

If you get to judge who is and isn't Christian, other people judge you. Would you feel good if I called you a false Christian, given what seems to be a disdain for the poor? No. You'd defend your views because you see yourself as a follower of Jesus Christ. When you judge other people, who also see themselves as a follower of Jesus Christ... Well, you see the contradictions.
People judge me all the time here...

I judge them by their theology to the Bible. Mormons aren’t Christian, how could they be with their book that trumps the Bible..not o mention their traditions and teachings that have nothing to do with what the Bible actually says. Wasn’t it an angel that supposedly told them this new way?
Galatians‬ ‭1:8‬ ‭
But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!
‭‭​
And the catholics/orthodox have seriously strayed from the teachings of the Bible with their teachings and traditions.

Would you feel good if I called you a false Christian, given what seems to be a disdain for the poor?
My disdain for the poor?

No. You'd defend your views because you see yourself as a follower of Jesus Christ. When you judge other people, who also see themselves as a follower of Jesus Christ... Well, you see the contradictions.
I defend what I read in the Bible. As for the other..
Matthew‬ ‭7:21‬ ‭
Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven.
‭‭

Why would Jesus say that He came to fulfill the law then say they needed to practice and teach those commands? Seems like you might be missing something there?
You're missing something, Matthew 18-20, by saying that he's come to 'fulfill the law', he is not saying that he's abolishing it, again, read the verses after it seriously.

Lisa

Superstar
You're missing something, Matthew 18-20, by saying that he's come to 'fulfill the law', he is not saying that he's abolishing it, again, read the verses after it seriously.
Exactly He didn’t abolish it, He fulfilled it. Why then would He say they had to live up to something He fulfilled in the very next verses...unless He meant something else?

Exactly He didn’t abolish it, He fulfilled it. Why then would He say they had to live up to something He fulfilled in the very next verses...unless He meant something else?
Have heaven and earth disappeared yet? you have your answer

Lisa

Superstar
Have heaven and earth disappeared yet? you have your answer
Not really, Jesus said He fulfilled the law..no need to make humans live up to the that law then..unless there is something else going on that Jesus is talking about.

Not really, Jesus said He fulfilled the law..no need to make humans live up to the that law then..unless there is something else going on that Jesus is talking about.
And Jesus says:

...For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (Torah) until everything is accomplished. Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law (Torah), you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.
- Matthew 5:18-20

You're arguing with Jesus here, you're telling him that he's lying when he says the quoted passage.

Christians :rolleyes:: "Matthew 5:17 is all that matters, Jesus was just speaking shit when he said Matthew 5:18-20" :rolleyes:

Lisa

Superstar
Christians :rolleyes:: "Matthew 5:17 is all that matters, Jesus was just speaking shit when he said Matthew 5:18-20" :rolleyes:
That’s not what I said, I said that they are contradictory...so the verses after 5:17 can’t be as straightforward as you suggest, Jesus wasn’t arguing with Himself, He was teaching them something.