Nicotine addiction.

The Agrarian

Veteran
Alright VCF. I felt like a hypocrite trying to lecture anyone on health topics until I myself was clean... and praise God I'm finally free of my nicotine addiction.

I want smokers, vapers, and chewers or any other kind of addict/ex-addict here to share their struggles and stories so I can help.

Any addiction is how the PTB keep the people in line. It is imperative that all Vigilant Citizens free your nervous system in these dark days.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/teen-put-life-support-vaping-didnt-smoker/story?id=65522370

Cintra

Star
Alright VCF. I felt like a hypocrite trying to lecture anyone on health topics until I myself was clean... and praise God I'm finally free of my nicotine addiction.

I want smokers, vapers, and chewers or any other kind of addict/ex-addict here to share their struggles and stories so I can help.

Any addiction is how the PTB keep the people in line. It is imperative that all Vigilant Citizens free your nervous system in these dark days.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/teen-put-life-support-vaping-didnt-smoker/story?id=65522370

Well done!

I've been a smoker for 40 years.
Every time the dr hassles me about it I say I am cutting down.
Then I cut down for a week.

It is really bad for you, and I would encourage anyone to quit if they have a reasonable amount of life ahead of them.

With me its at the point where I am just waiting to die of any one of a number of old woman diseases. So I am just going to carry on with this filthy habit.

However, that's just me and I am a weirdo.
For everyone else, yes. It is a huge addiction, and they use it to control you.
They once tried to section me in hospital because I couldn't smoke in there and I lost it big time and stood in the middle of a ward screaming that they were all the bloody illuminati.

So, yeah.

Smoking is bad....

Maes17

Superstar
I was a functioning alcoholic when my 1st son was born. This was 8 years ago.
I’d drink beer daily just to destress from college and being a parent.

Got addicted to the point I was drinking 4-6 beers nightly. It was halloween 2016 I felt terrible after drinking a beer that I finally decreased and eventually quit cold turkey in 2017. I didn’t touch an ounce of alcohol until December 2020. Even then I can say I am no longer addicted

Journeyman

Established
Well done to anyone that's managed to get on top of any of the substances which can easily get a hold on you. Sugar and Caffeine are the only questionable substances which I still indulge in. I'm currently about a week into forgoing my morning espresso(s). I'll probably go back to it mind, just wanted to give my body a rest, reduce tolerance and break up the pattern. Sugar is one which is hard to break. I've done it before, but it's amazing how easily it can creep back into your diet.

Good luck to everyone making changes in their life.

AmazingGrace

Established
Hi, I'm Grace.
(*hi Grace*)
Through God's grace I was able to overcome gaming addiction. I was able to play RPGs, MMORPGs and MOBAs whole days, sometimes nights. If I didn't play, I eat while watching Netflix. World outside was boring, uninteresting and there were people out there.
1626383600298.png
I remember when I once got badge on Steam, it said something like: congrats you've unlocked achievement: 15 hours of playing nonstop. It shook me a bit to see it in numbers. Some games also tracked time of how long I was playing them, and I didn't like looking at the numbers. It was reminding me of how much time I was wasting in breathtakingly beautiful but virtual worlds, how much time was slipping through my fingers. But I couldn't escape no matter how hard I tried, I loved the games, how difficult and challenging they were.
1626386055023.png

My family was praying for me. And so was I, sometimes, when depression and remorse came.
Now I'm very different person than 2 years ago. I don't miss games, playing them don't even cross my mind. There were few times when I came back, but it never lasted long and it was totally different. It has no power over me anymore. I still feel more comfortable in interaction with computer rather than with people, but I'm learning. I'm also using this forum as a place to make mistakes and learn from them in this matter.

We are all work in progress, but I must say it amazes me how often I hear fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, people I personally know, mention how they were set free from addictions they struggled with for years. Ex gamblers, ex alcoholics, ex drug addicts... we are new people now :) not perfect, but without a doubt changed for the better.

And now I love outdoors, especially cycling.
1626432926430.png

The Agrarian

Veteran
Hi, I'm Grace.
(*hi Grace*)
Through God's grace I was able to overcome gaming addiction. I was able to play RPGs, MMORPGs and MOBAs whole days, sometimes nights. If I didn't play, I eat while watching Netflix. World outside was boring, uninteresting and there were people out there.
View attachment 58713
I remember when I once got badge on Steam, it said something like: congrats you've unlocked achievement: 15 hours of playing nonstop. It shook me a bit to see it in numbers. Some games also tracked time of how long I was playing them, and I didn't like looking at the numbers. It was reminding me of how much time I was wasting in breathtakingly beautiful but virtual worlds, how much time was slipping through my fingers. But I couldn't escape no matter how hard I tried, I loved the games, how difficult and challenging they were.
View attachment 58716

My family was praying for me. And so was I, sometimes, when depression and remorse came.
Now I'm very different person than 2 years ago. I don't miss games, playing them don't even cross my mind. There were few times when I came back, but it never lasted long and it was totally different. It has no power over me anymore. I still feel more comfortable in interaction with computer rather than with people, but I'm learning. I'm also using this forum as a place to make mistakes and learn from them in this matter.

We are all work in progress, but I must say it amazes me how often I hear fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, people I personally know, mention how they were set free from addictions they struggled with for years. Ex gamblers, ex alcoholics, ex drug addicts... we are new people now :) not perfect, but without a doubt changed for the better.

View attachment 58737
Bruh. Now THAT is a story!

I'm jealous. Would love to go mountain biking! But for real, being outside in the woods has been extremely healing for me as well.

Maes17

Superstar
Hi, I'm Grace.
(*hi Grace*)
View attachment 58713
View attachment 58716

View attachment 58737
I’d rather be addicted to gaming than drugs.
At least your addiction kept you off the streets.

Enjoy life and do exercise as much as you can

Daze

Superstar
Well done!

I've been a smoker for 40 years.
Every time the dr hassles me about it I say I am cutting down.
Then I cut down for a week.

It is really bad for you, and I would encourage anyone to quit if they have a reasonable amount of life ahead of them.

With me its at the point where I am just waiting to die of any one of a number of old woman diseases. So I am just going to carry on with this filthy habit.

However, that's just me and I am a weirdo.
For everyone else, yes. It is a huge addiction, and they use it to control you.
They once tried to section me in hospital because I couldn't smoke in there and I lost it big time and stood in the middle of a ward screaming that they were all the bloody illuminati.

So, yeah.

Smoking is bad....
Doesn't really matter how much time you have left, you should quit for a better quality of life. I was a heavy smoker, smoking about 2.5 packs a day at my peak. I remember being at work and turning a screwdriver installing switches made me tired.

You can't "cut back". When your body doesn't get the level of nicotine it wants it starts to go into withdraw.
They have these cigarettes here in the US called Quest (if memory serves). There are 3 levels, 1-3. 1 is lower nicotine then the average cigarette, 2 is even lower nicotine. 3 is allegedly nicotine free.

Your supposed to "wean" yourself off the drug with these. I tried these and know first hand a nicotine free cigarette is the last thing you want when you're in withdraw.

Much like the nicotine gum / patches, these add nicotine back into the body.. which ultimately just drags out the suffering. Making it harder if not impossible to quit. If you lower the amount you smoke (reduce your nicotine requirement) you constantly put yourself into withdraw.

It takes 72 hours for the body to rid itself of nicotine completely, after this 3 day period its just dealing with the triggers. If you up and quit cold turkey, it will get easier faster, if you try to wean yourself off its gonna be an uphill battle all of the way.

Keep nicotine out of your system and just deal with a few bad days compared to "cutting back" and still dealing with the addiction weeks later.

For me, in the end it was knowledge of the addiction that made it possible to stop.
Here's a free resource I highly recommend. www.whyquit.com.

Daze

Superstar
Through God's grace I was able to overcome gaming addiction. I was able to play RPGs, MMORPGs and MOBAs whole days, sometimes nights.
@AmazingGrace
I lost 3 years to a game, and I am aching to go back there.
Some years ago i played an mmo called Redstone. I was pretty obsessed with it but I don't think i ever seen it as an addiction even though i dedicated days back to back sometimes. I eventually quit due to hackers. People would get items that took others days to farm and would get premium add on's attached to them.. So not only did they save time, they saved what cost legit players $100's if not 1000's of dollars. Hackers really killed it for me.

Since then, there have been a few games i put 100's of hours into. Like Skyrim and Stardew valley. I don't know the collective hours but i know each were over 500. Steam shows the hours but i played alot off of steam so..

I actually don't like this feature "time" as it seems invasive. I have a switch and there are a few games I've played for a little while while Nintendo emails me "you've played for x hours". Maybe it has something to do with me being alot more privacy aware these days, idk. But really feels like Nintendo is spying on me. Especially when i can't see total time but they can.

Long story short I'm curious what games you 2 played?

AmazingGrace

Established
First of all had to pick games that my toaster pc could run relatively smoothly. It was mostly League of Legends ARAM mode, Tera, Final Fantasy 13 and 14, Sims 3, first Assassin's Creed... I tried many games, but at the end stayed only with handful of them, and played those A LOT.

Cintra

Star
Some years ago i played an mmo called Redstone. I was pretty obsessed with it but I don't think i ever seen it as an addiction even though i dedicated days back to back sometimes. I eventually quit due to hackers. People would get items that took others days to farm and would get premium add on's attached to them.. So not only did they save time, they saved what cost legit players $100's if not 1000's of dollars. Hackers really killed it for me.

Since then, there have been a few games i put 100's of hours into. Like Skyrim and Stardew valley. I don't know the collective hours but i know each were over 500. Steam shows the hours but i played alot off of steam so..

I actually don't like this feature "time" as it seems invasive. I have a switch and there are a few games I've played for a little while while Nintendo emails me "you've played for x hours". Maybe it has something to do with me being alot more privacy aware these days, idk. But really feels like Nintendo is spying on me. Especially when i can't see total time but they can.

It was a MUD

Probably not one you have heard of.

Daze

Superstar
First of all had to pick games that my toaster pc could run relatively smoothly. It was mostly League of Legends ARAM mode, Tera, Final Fantasy 13 and 14, Sims 3, first Assassin's Creed... I tried many games, but at the end stayed only with handful of them, and played those A LOT.
I know pretty much all of them. Never really got into FF mmo's but i liked all the other ones on consule. I've never played LoL but my 3 nephews play it pretty much constantly.

I assumed you were old, least 60+ for your views on religion. But your views on games paint a much younger version. 30, 40 tops. I'm 42 and too old for League at least. Least compared to the people around me.

It was a MUD

Probably not one you have heard of.
No , i haven't. If its not on the front page of steam odds are i can completely miss it.

If either of you have any games worth recommending do so. Most of what i see out there today is all about graphics and not much else

Cintra

Star
I know pretty much all of them. Never really got into FF mmo's but i liked all the other ones on consule. I've never played LoL but my 3 nephews play it pretty much constantly.

I assumed you were old, least 60+ for your views on religion. But your views on games paint a much younger version. 30, 40 tops. I'm 42 and too old for League at least. Least compared to the people around me.

No , i haven't. If its not on the front page of steam odds are i can completely miss it.

If either of you have any games worth recommending do so. Most of what i see out there today is all about graphics and not much else
Sorry
I cant reccomend anything, I am not much of a gamer these days.
Just play rubbish on android.

Most MUDs are weird, tiny cliquey places.

I just randomly ended up being sucked into one for a few years.
I was at least 12 different people and used to have weird arguments with myself.

I don't know about addicting (not like nicotine is), but it was hugely immersive and time eating.

I did try playing a harry potter game, called hogwarts mystery.
I felt like it wanted to eat my soul and charge me by the minute for the privilege.
Not good.

Maes17

Superstar
Sorry
I cant reccomend anything, I am not much of a gamer these days.
Just play rubbish on android.

Most MUDs are weird, tiny cliquey places.

I just randomly ended up being sucked into one for a few years.
I was at least 12 different people and used to have weird arguments with myself.

I don't know about addicting (not like nicotine is), but it was hugely immersive and time eating.

I did try playing a harry potter game, called hogwarts mystery.
I felt like it wanted to eat my soul and charge me by the minute for the privilege.
Not good.
Well I did get addicted to borderlands 2 back in 2013

AmazingGrace

Established
Which is your favorite FF game? I know VII, watched movie Advent Children and know a bit about X, Yuna's soul dance is somewhat iconic for FF series. I started with 13 because of Lightning and because it was available on PC, but stayed because of the battle system :D some people say it's slow and boring, but I found it refreshing and interesting, especially in the last chapters of the game. Out of 13, Lightning Returns was probably my favorite, again, mainly for the battle system.

I'm not 30 yet :)

I would no longer really recommend pc or console games, but if I had to, then maybe educational or logic games like Tropico 4 or The Witness.

Daze

Superstar
I liked all the FF's but probably 6 ( FF 3 in the US) was best. I liked 7 but think it was over hyped. Many FF7 fans never even heard of FF before it.

They kinda ruined the remake by changing key things such as the last boss.
Now they have more freedom to alter whatever they like by killing destiny. Such as saving Aires when her death is probably what put the game at the top for so long

I will take a look at witness.

Sunshine

Established
Doesn't really matter how much time you have left, you should quit for a better quality of life. I was a heavy smoker, smoking about 2.5 packs a day at my peak. I remember being at work and turning a screwdriver installing switches made me tired.

You can't "cut back". When your body doesn't get the level of nicotine it wants it starts to go into withdraw.
They have these cigarettes here in the US called Quest (if memory serves). There are 3 levels, 1-3. 1 is lower nicotine then the average cigarette, 2 is even lower nicotine. 3 is allegedly nicotine free.

Your supposed to "wean" yourself off the drug with these. I tried these and know first hand a nicotine free cigarette is the last thing you want when you're in withdraw.

Much like the nicotine gum / patches, these add nicotine back into the body.. which ultimately just drags out the suffering. Making it harder if not impossible to quit. If you lower the amount you smoke (reduce your nicotine requirement) you constantly put yourself into withdraw.

It takes 72 hours for the body to rid itself of nicotine completely, after this 3 day period its just dealing with the triggers. If you up and quit cold turkey, it will get easier faster, if you try to wean yourself off its gonna be an uphill battle all of the way.

Keep nicotine out of your system and just deal with a few bad days compared to "cutting back" and still dealing with the addiction weeks later.

For me, in the end it was knowledge of the addiction that made it possible to stop.
Here's a free resource I highly recommend. www.whyquit.com.
I have to disagree with you about the nicotine patches. They are the only things that worked to help me quit--first smoking and then vaping.

At first, I did feel liberated from the addiction. I was like "I'm free! " No more standing outside in lousy weather, no more pulling over to smoke outside my car.

Except now, I crave the smoking experience--the feel, the taste, the little buzz.
And the vaping was awesome bc you caught the buzz but it didn't make you smell bad.
And the fake pot ones--omigod that sh*t is genius! "No stems no seeds that you don't need, just fruitty-tutti flavors and THC!"

I feel like an a-hole that I still want to smoke and vape and get high. I suppose the only reason I don't go back to either is that I don't want to disappoint my kid, or set a bad example.

Maes17

Superstar
I’m addicted to caffeine to be honest.
I drink 2 lo carb monsters a day or every other day and I love excelsior pre workout.

However I do drink a gallon of water daily as well.

Busbyx

Rookie
I'm a nicotine addict. I tried different ways to quit smoking, like changing cigarettes to vape or e-cigarettes. Also tried nicotine gums from Canada Drugs, but no result. The thing is I don't really want to quit. I think it's all in our head. If I don't make my mint to quit, I won't stop smoking.

Last edited: