Next phase of anti-transphobia campaigns

Lurker

Star
Sadly I can imagine many straight guys acting on impulse to have a one night stand with a trans woman to see what it was like.
I could see a curiosity level to it as in...How good did they make it? But still, to know ahead of time that it is not a true woman? Any port in the storm has its limits.

sandonthebeach

Established
Virtually all heterosexuals excluded trans folks from their dating pool
Of course they're going to exclude them. This is what happens when you lie to people. No straight guy wants to date a castrated guy and no straight woman wants to date a woman with a plastic penis. It's simple. But none of these people are going to admit that this is a farce, so they're doubling down.

JoChris

Superstar
And that is what has put me off men lol. Well that and a few really terrible experiences I recently found out about regarding a relative of one of my closest friends -and this from a man who called himself a Christian, was very active in the church etc.

She does pass well and I respect her for being one of the minority of transgender people who are not of the SJW variety.
Life in the dating scene sure seems way more complicated thanks to the internet. I am glad I am no longer of that age group.

That is sad about that man - I hope he reaps what he has sowed.

JoChris

Superstar
Not if she was hot enough. Men are visual first, no? Transmen have a harder time getting gay men to date them than transwomen do with straight men. It's odd.
I wonder why that is?
The only thing I can think of is that some gay men seem to value physical attractiveness very highly - think of "queer eye for the straight guy", all the gay fashion designers, actors, hairdressers and makeup artists who love to flaunt their style.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
And that is what has put me off men lol. Well that and a few really terrible experiences I recently found out about regarding a relative of one of my closest friends -and this from a man who called himself a Christian, was very active in the church etc.

She does pass well and I respect her for being one of the minority of transgender people who are not of the SJW variety.
When I was at uni there was a trans woman who I really felt for. He/she (and on this occasion genuinely was) had been born with XXY chromosomes and gender identity confusion.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klinefelter_syndrome

As a child she was raised as a boy but as time went on she developed female characteristics too.

Spending up till her mid 20s trying to “pass” as a man, choosing very masculine jobs, she finally decided to transition in the other direction, long before the media was making transgenderism fashionable.

Ironically, both men and women were unkind to her. Some people transition more easily than others. For her, it was more difficult as she already had stronger masculine features.

She was also a Christian.

I went to visit her with a friend and we just talked and listened to her story. One of the key issues she had was how she might live well as a Christian in such circumstances, when there seemed to be no “right” way for her to be!

It became clear to us that we define ourselves so strongly by our own physical and emotions gender identity. The question of “personhood” that went beyond body parts and personal attractions really emerged.

We are all broken and misshapen in various ways, we are not physically the people we might have been without sin and the fall, or psychologically unhurt by the time we grow up. We have our own hurts, defences and capacities to hurt others. For this trans xxy woman, those wounds were in the outside. She wasn’t asking for straight men to date her, she just wanted to be able to get on with living despite her challenges and to know that God loved her.

I haven’t got some clear conclusion to offer but it was a defining moment for the way I chose to interact with others - it is easy to look at people who have had very different things to ourselves to deal with and pronounce judgement on them.

I know I’ve quoted this one before but it fits really well here:-

The bad psychological material is not a sin but a disease. It does not need to be repented of, but to be cured. And by the way, that is very important. Human beings judge one another by their external actions. God judges them by their moral choices. When a neurotic who has a pathological horror of cats forces himself to pick up a cat for some good reason, it is quite possible that in God's eyes he has shown more courage than a healthy man may have shown in winning the V.C. When a man who has been perverted from his youth and taught that cruelty is the right thing does dome tiny little kindness, or refrains from some cruelty he might have committed, and thereby, perhaps, risks being sneered at by his companions, he may, in God's eyes, be doing more than you and I would do if we gave up life itself for a friend.

It is as well to put this the other way round. Some of us who seem quite nice people may, in fact, have made so little use of a good heredity and good upbringing that we are really worse than those whom we regard as fiends. Can we be quite certain how we should have behaved if we had been saddled with the psychological outfit, and then with the bad upbringing, and then with the power, say, of Himmler? That is why Christians are told not to judge. We see only the results which a man's choices make out of his raw material. But God does not judge him on the raw material at all, but on what he has done with it. Most of the man's psychological makeup is probably due to his body: when his body dies all that will fall off him, and the real central man, the thing that chose, that made the best or worst out of this material, will stand naked. All sorts of nice things which we thought our own, but which were really due to a good digestion, will fall off some of us: all sorts of nasty things which were due to complexes or bad health will fall off others. We shall then, for the first time, see every one as he really was. There will be surprises.
C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Robin

Veteran
Life in the dating scene sure seems way more complicated thanks to the internet. I am glad I am no longer of that age group.

That is sad about that man - I hope he reaps what he has sowed.
It sucks being young and wanting a family. I'm not afraid to admit I envy those who were able to settle down and find good partners before all this started. I don't plan on ever getting married or having kids, not in this day and age.

Yeah that woman's life fell apart. The worst part is this pig did that to her MONTHS after they lost their son. She had to cope with the grief of her loss and the end of her marriage. It was a heavy blow.

I wonder why that is?
The only thing I can think of is that some gay men seem to value physical attractiveness very highly - think of "queer eye for the straight guy", all the gay fashion designers, actors, hairdressers and makeup artists who love to flaunt their style.
I don't know . . . There are some very attractive transmen who you would never be able to tell were not born men (Laith Ashley for example). It might sound weird but I think gay men are just more firmly settled and confident in their sexuality? They know what they want and they stick to it. You never hear about men crossing over from being with the same sex to becoming heterosexual, or cheating on their husbands or boyfriends with women but there are plenty enough cases to the contrary. I'm not saying that never happens but it's definitely far less common. I'm still not quite sure what that means but it is kind of interesting.

Robin

Veteran
When I was at uni there was a trans woman who I really felt for. He/she (and on this occasion genuinely was) had been born with XXY chromosomes and gender identity confusion.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klinefelter_syndrome

As a child she was raised as a boy but as time went on she developed female characteristics too.

Spending up till her mid 20s trying to “pass” as a man, choosing very masculine jobs, she finally decided to transition in the other direction, long before the media was making transgenderism fashionable.

Ironically, both men and women were unkind to her. Some people transition more easily than others. For her, it was more difficult as she already had stronger masculine features.

She was also a Christian.

I went to visit her with a friend and we just talked and listened to her story. One of the key issues she had was how she might live well as a Christian in such circumstances, when there seemed to be no “right” way for her to be!

It became clear to us that we define ourselves so strongly by our own physical and emotions gender identity. The question of “personhood” that went beyond body parts and personal attractions really emerged.

We are all broken and misshapen in various ways, we are not physically the people we might have been without sin and the fall, or psychologically unhurt by the time we grow up. We have our own hurts, defences and capacities to hurt others. For this trans xxy woman, those wounds were in the outside. She wasn’t asking for straight men to date her, she just wanted to be able to get on with living despite her challenges and to know that God loved her.

I haven’t got some clear conclusion to offer but it was a defining moment for the way I chose to interact with others - it is easy to look at people who have had very different things to ourselves to deal with and pronounce judgement on them.

I know I’ve quoted this one before but it fits really well here:-

The bad psychological material is not a sin but a disease. It does not need to be repented of, but to be cured. And by the way, that is very important. Human beings judge one another by their external actions. God judges them by their moral choices. When a neurotic who has a pathological horror of cats forces himself to pick up a cat for some good reason, it is quite possible that in God's eyes he has shown more courage than a healthy man may have shown in winning the V.C. When a man who has been perverted from his youth and taught that cruelty is the right thing does dome tiny little kindness, or refrains from some cruelty he might have committed, and thereby, perhaps, risks being sneered at by his companions, he may, in God's eyes, be doing more than you and I would do if we gave up life itself for a friend.

It is as well to put this the other way round. Some of us who seem quite nice people may, in fact, have made so little use of a good heredity and good upbringing that we are really worse than those whom we regard as fiends. Can we be quite certain how we should have behaved if we had been saddled with the psychological outfit, and then with the bad upbringing, and then with the power, say, of Himmler? That is why Christians are told not to judge. We see only the results which a man's choices make out of his raw material. But God does not judge him on the raw material at all, but on what he has done with it. Most of the man's psychological makeup is probably due to his body: when his body dies all that will fall off him, and the real central man, the thing that chose, that made the best or worst out of this material, will stand naked. All sorts of nice things which we thought our own, but which were really due to a good digestion, will fall off some of us: all sorts of nasty things which were due to complexes or bad health will fall off others. We shall then, for the first time, see every one as he really was. There will be surprises.
C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
See, that is one of my biggest problems with how mainstream culture has treated transgenderism. There are genuinely people struggling with dysphoria and all that glamourising it (even eroticising it in some cases) has done is make it harder for them to live their lives. I feel bad for people who really struggle with this.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Coming soon:

"Gay men are misogynist for not dating or being attracted to women".
I hit “like” then I paused...

During the longest conversation I had with a gay man, while travelling in a car together to a meeting, I was struck by how misogynistic he actually was!!!

Robin

Veteran
I hit “like” then I paused...

During the longest conversation I had with a gay man, while travelling in a car together to a meeting, I was struck by how misogynistic he actually was!!!
Granted our perception of homosexuality today is vastly different to the sort that took common place in antiquity, but I find it strange how same-sex relations among men (to my knowledge at least) usually was tied to some form of misogyny. Especially In the sex politics of the Greco-Roman world.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Granted our perception of homosexuality today is vastly different to the sort that took common place in antiquity, but I find it strange how same-sex relations among men (to my knowledge at least) usually was tied to some form of misogyny. Especially In the sex politics of the Greco-Roman world.
Good point. I think it is worth noting that people who identify and homosexuals come from a spectrum of backgrounds. One I have come across as you draw out with the “Greco-Roman” observation is how they idealised both male and female forms, just as our society does. Sometimes profound appreciation of your own form can lead to narcissism and “Greek tendencies” I guess...

JoChris

Superstar
Coming soon:

"Gay men are misogynist for not dating or being attracted to women".
It would be comical, but they are a minority group and therefore of greater worth than women to social justice warriors. SJWs would not permit that mockery.

To think that Monty Python were actually prophets - they wouldn't be putting this segment in the Life of Brian now:

JoChris

Superstar
It sucks being young and wanting a family. I'm not afraid to admit I envy those who were able to settle down and find good partners before all this started. I don't plan on ever getting married or having kids, not in this day and age.

Yeah that woman's life fell apart. The worst part is this pig did that to her MONTHS after they lost their son. She had to cope with the grief of her loss and the end of her marriage. It was a heavy blow.

I don't know . . . There are some very attractive transmen who you would never be able to tell were not born men (Laith Ashley for example). It might sound weird but I think gay men are just more firmly settled and confident in their sexuality? They know what they want and they stick to it. You never hear about men crossing over from being with the same sex to becoming heterosexual, or cheating on their husbands or boyfriends with women but there are plenty enough cases to the contrary. I'm not saying that never happens but it's definitely far less common. I'm still not quite sure what that means but it is kind of interesting.
I suspect every generation thinks they have it harder than the earlier generation in finding "the one".
Your generation has the internet and all the pros and cons that come with it. People find it too easy to chase fantasies and assume someone better is around the corner because dating websites make it look like there are so many people available.

That is so sad for the poor woman. Loss of bub then husband... has she had much support through all this heartache?

So many later life stage lesbians definitely destroys the theory that homosexuality is inborn and can't be fought against, people should just be what they are etc. I had an acquaintance who did that, had a child, was engaged and then decided she liked women more and changed the course of both her life and her daughter.

Last edited:

sandonthebeach

Established
There are genuinely people struggling with dysphoria and all that glamourising it (even eroticising it in some cases) has done is make it harder for them to live their lives
I think this is the worst part. Treating a complicated problem so lightly, just to advance an agenda. But actually, no one of transgender activists cares about people struggling with dysphoria.

People find it too easy to chase fantasies and assume someone better is around the corner
This is a big problem nowadays. I don't know if, romantic films have had some sort of influence in this way of thinking.

Robin

Veteran
I suspect every generation thinks they have it harder than the earlier generation in finding "the one".
Your generation has the internet and all the pros and cons that come with it. People find it too easy to chase fantasies and assume someone better is around the corner because dating websites make it look like there are so many people available.
Agreed. I guess each generation has their set of problems and imo the internet is definitely more of a con than a pro. We're definitely the narcissistic generation between all the fakeness of social media and promotion of materialism.

That is so sad for the poor woman. Loss of bub then husband... has she had much support through all this heartache?
I think so yeah, her family really rallied around her. Though I think there was a lot of pressure for her to keep everything quiet and not expose what happened.

So many later life stage lesbians definitely destroys the theory that homosexuality is inborn and can't be fought against, people should just be what they are etc. I had an acquaintance who did that, had a child, was engaged and then decided she liked women more and changed the course of both her life and her daughter.
I can understand cases of gay people who had to get married back when homosexuality was dangerously taboo. I can sympathise with that even if I think it would've been best if they'd remained single just for the sake of their spouse and children. But people doing that nowadays have no excuse. It's so destructive to the people you string along instead of just being honest. Tbf I think that the number of people with "natural" same sex attractions are much lower than where it stands now. It's definitely real, whether it has natural aspect or not but I think a lot of people have had their sexualities shaped by a number of exogenous forces as well.

JoChris

Superstar
I think this short video puts the present state of madness very clearly...

I can't approve of that enough. All delusions but transsexuality are dismissed now.

It is like gender roles have actually become more rigid. If you don't fit society's prototype for your gender you must be LGBT+. No alternative meaning is given e.g. tomboy [that was me], artistic temperament.

It fills me with rage that girls who don't like traditional girly things are being told they must be LGBT+, not a tomboy. Same for boys who don't like traditional boy activities and prefer art etc.

It is so unfair on young children who don't just fit the sex/ gender role prototype perfectly. If all these transgender propagandists who convinced children who questioned their sexuality to have their sex change operation get sued into oblivion in a couple of decades I will not have an atom of sympathy for them.

sandonthebeach

Established
I think this short video puts the present state of madness very clearly...

Seeing this reminds me of that quote from "Heretics" by G.K. Chesterton
"The great march of mental destruction will go on. Everything will be denied. Everything will become a creed. It is a reasonable position to deny the stones in the street; it will be a religious dogma to assert them. It is a rational thesis that we are all in a dream; it will be a mystical sanity to say that we are all awake. Fires will be kindled to testify that two and two make four. Swords will be drawn to prove that leaves are green in summer."

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Seeing this reminds me of that quote from "Heretics" by G.K. Chesterton
"The great march of mental destruction will go on. Everything will be denied. Everything will become a creed. It is a reasonable position to deny the stones in the street; it will be a religious dogma to assert them. It is a rational thesis that we are all in a dream; it will be a mystical sanity to say that we are all awake. Fires will be kindled to testify that two and two make four. Swords will be drawn to prove that leaves are green in summer."
What a great quote! I will remember this one as it is so apt to the world we find ourselves in!!

skepticemia

Rookie
It is forced acceptance gone mad.
I am of the opinion personally that you can identify and do whatever you want yourself, but the line is crossed when I am being forced by law or society to believe in it. Im all for leaving people the f alone