News Article: "islam Set To Become World's Largest Religion By 2075"

JoChris

Superstar
I am stating upfront I am focusing on what the article only briefly mentions. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/05/muslim-population-overtake-christian-birthrate-20-years

Half way down ".... Religiously unaffiliated people make up about 16% of the world's population but only produce 10% of babies..... by 2055-2060, 9% of all babies will be born to religiously unaffiliated women, while more than 70% will be born to either Muslims (36%) or Christians (35%)....."

Goes onto say western countries have rapidly ageing populations etc.

Has the pro- evolution, pro- atheism, pro- science, pro- feminist education viewpoint of western societies backfired?

SkepticCat

Veteran
Well, it's great news for the Muslims, I suppose... but less good news for Christians - and, I suppose, terrible news for the 'rational' atheists? I am surprised by the figures presented by the article, though - the figure for atheists seems far too low. I'd imagine a very slim definition of the term was used if the figure is at all accurate. I don't think there's any doubt demographics are shifting in favor of Islam, though.

Either way, what's happening in the world is dumb. Christians and Muslims supposedly worship the same one God, but due to theological differences there's an air of hostility between the two groups spurred on especially by the immigration policies of the last 50 years, and this air of hostility is gaining frightening momentum in these years. I can't interpret this any other way than that the 'Elite' is succeeding in playing the two groups against each other rather than realizing whom the real enemy is. It's a tragedy. The real answer to this is not the 'reconciliation' of learning to live side by side that's being pushed so much by the political establishment, however... the real answer is theological debate and clarity - anything less is simply spiritual and intellectual laziness or worse. Christianity and Islam have fundamental differences and are not reconcilable. Islam denies the divinity of Jesus Christ, the most fundamental aspect of Christianity. Obviously, only one party can be right. On that note, and in the context of conspiracies, it is interesting that the corrupted catholic church under Vatican II now openly embraces Islam: http://www.biblelight.net/newcat.htm .

We need to talk. Those "more than 70%" should be born into one religious group only and it's time to figure out which one. Above all, we certainly shouldn't be fighting each other (wish more would understand this).

Has the pro- evolution, pro- atheism, pro- science, pro- feminist education viewpoint of western societies backfired?
Homosexuals and others not living as a traditional nuclear family unit as prescribed by religion are not going to be/[less likely to be] believers. That would help account for the large birthrate discrepancy within the atheist group (10% vs 16%). Promoting not-traditional sexuality and atheist worldview would be great for a ruler wishing to curb population size. I don't think it's about anything 'backfiring' - it's about getting people sexually confused for several reasons, one being a desire to depopulate.

JoChris

Superstar
Well, it's great news for the Muslims, I suppose... but less good news for Christians - and, I suppose, terrible news for the 'rational' atheists? I am surprised by the figures presented by the article, though - the figure for atheists seems far too low.
I thought they may be including people who would have a form of spirituality but deny it is a religion. e.g. in Australia some environmentalists come across as quite extreme. Online I have seen people say that they'll never have children because of mankind's effects on the Earth. They appear to believe reducing human population will reverse global warming. Now that is faith!
I don't think there's any doubt demographics are shifting in favor of Islam, though.
Through actual conversions -no. Through higher birth rate than average Westerner - yes.
Christians and Muslims supposedly worship the same one God, but due to theological differences there's an air of hostility between the two groups spurred on especially by the immigration policies of the last 50 years, and this air of hostility is gaining frightening momentum in these years.
Well both cultures do clash due to differing beliefs and values. Western culture WAS [past tense] originally built on Judeo-Christian values.
Especially USA appears to have freedom of religion, freedom of choice (with limits due to country's legal laws of course). Australia in recent times started that way as well even though the white-fella population only started here via convict colonies in 1788.
Follow Islam and its laws or be punished in *strict* Muslim - majority countries. The Muslim faith for women when followed to the letter appears terribly rigid e.g. woman's role to be married, submit to husband and bear children ONLY.
I can't interpret this any other way than that the 'Elite' is succeeding in playing the two groups against each other rather than realizing whom the real enemy is.
Do you personally believe there is an actual Elite (i.e. group/s of people) in the world controlling the rest of mankind via instigating conflict amongst cultures and countries?
On that note, and in the context of conspiracies, it is interesting that the corrupted catholic church under Vatican II now openly embraces Islam: http://www.biblelight.net/newcat.htm .
Yes along with other liberal, so-called open-minded churches. I certainly agree with the view that it is all a move to join together to create a One World Church predicted in the Book of Revelation.
We need to talk. Those "more than 70%" should be born into one religious group only and it's time to figure out which one. Above all, we certainly shouldn't be fighting each other (wish more would understand this).
The problem with that proposal is that the Christian faith can't be imposed on society. It isn't a top-down religion. It is a ground -roots up one, via personal belief in Jesus Christ. Either the church institution has to make allowances for non-believers and dilute its teachings, eventually adopting some alternative practices and beliefs under new names* , or it tries to impose its beliefs via force, persecuting non-believers/ heretics and forcing them underground -> eventually backfires against the now Oppressive Church**. It is amazing it seems that some Christians want still want to try that though! ***
Homosexuals and others not living as a traditional nuclear family unit as prescribed by religion are not going to be/[less likely to be] believers. That would help account for the large birthrate discrepancy within the atheist group (10% vs 16%).
That makes sense. For biological reasons it's impossible for homosexuals to bear children naturally.
Among people I have known since leaving high school (decades ago now!), the only families with more than three children have very devout Catholic/ Christian parents.

----
History examples:
* Protestant perspective: http://thecripplegate.com/pagan-saints/
**Wars between Roman Catholic church and Protestant/ Reformed churches: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_wars_of_religion
*** https://www.gotquestions.org/dominion-theology.html

the other day i read 'by 2050'
anywho, i doubt this will be the case, purely because when the next world war break out.....it's either going to be in the middle east or kick off between India and Pakistan.

Lisa

Superstar
I guess the Wall Street Journal reported that within 20 years, more babies will be born to muslim women than to Christians...and that could make islam the worlds largets religion by the end of the century.

JoChris

Superstar
I guess the Wall Street Journal reported that within 20 years, more babies will be born to muslim women than to Christians...and that could make islam the worlds largets religion by the end of the century.
From a financial point of view that could be quite challenging for current companies and businesses in the long-term.
E.g. Current house prices and living expenses in many cities require two incomes and/or one very high income.
Here the unemployment rates for Muslims are much higher than average population.
https://workplaceinfo.com.au/recruitment/pre-employment/analysis/do-workplaces-discriminate-against-muslims

Lisa

Superstar
From a financial point of view that could be quite challenging for current companies and businesses in the long-term.
E.g. Current house prices and living expenses in many cities require two incomes and/or one very high income.
Here the unemployment rates for Muslims are much higher than average population.
https://workplaceinfo.com.au/recruitment/pre-employment/analysis/do-workplaces-discriminate-against-muslims
True....not to mention loss of work for people to pray 5 times a day...or however many times during the work day...

JoChris

Superstar
the other day i read 'by 2050'
anywho, i doubt this will be the case, purely because when the next world war break out.....it's either going to be in the middle east or kick off between India and Pakistan.
I have read news opinion pieces that suggest that the current world situation is following the same pattern as the Wall Street crash 1929, the Great Depression, the resulting leaders and dictators....
2007 GFC, the Great Recession, rise of Trump and other right wing extremists, Brexit ....

What ended the Great Depression was World War 2. I hope they're just fear mongering but with the current chaos everywhere right now it wouldn't be surprising.

Lisa

Superstar
I have read news opinion pieces that suggest that the current world situation is following the same pattern as the Wall Street crash 1929, the Great Depression, the resulting leaders and dictators....
2007 GFC, the Great Recession, rise of Trump and other right wing extremists, Brexit ....

What ended the Great Depression was World War 2. I hope they're just fear mongering but with the current chaos everywhere right now it wouldn't be surprising.
This probably isn't the place to ask...but what do you think of the events in Syria with trump saying it might be time for him to intervene over there?

JoChris

Superstar
This probably isn't the place to ask...but what do you think of the events in Syria with trump saying it might be time for him to intervene over there?
I have no idea at all of what this all means whether you mean from a Christian end-times perspective OR political level.
That would be a very interesting topic.

Lisa

Superstar
I have no idea at all of what this all means whether you mean from a Christian end-times perspective OR political level.
That would be a very interesting topic.
A Christian end-times level because Damascus not being a city. And the muslim end time scenario says that their armies will come into Damascus and there will be a war there...I find that very interesting anyway...