New YouTube series: Islamicize me

JoChris

Superstar
But he did advise people.

Any impurity should be washed or wiped three times or an odd number of times greater than three, according to whatever is needed to cleanse it, because ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to wash his posterior three times. Ibn ‘Umar said: “We did this too and found it to be healing and cleansing.” (Reported by Ibn Maajah, 350; see also Saheeh al-Jaami’, 4993). Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When anyone of you cleans himself (with stones or similar material) let him use an odd number.” (Reported by Imaam Ahmad; classed as hasan in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 375)

I think we've established there's a lot missing from the bible. Probably due to the anonymity of the authors and its contradictory nature.
Distraction tactic. Muhammad's teachings were supposed to be perfect for all time. NO one uses stones.

Haich

Superstar
Distraction tactic. Muhammad's teachings were supposed to be perfect for all time. NO one uses stones.
* applicable for all time.

Literally don't see why you're so hung up on the toilet thing. It's really not that deep.

Haich

Superstar
And for the record, anything in brackets is an extension of the recorder of hadith, not the actual prophet.

Not everyone has a porcelain bowl to sit on, some people go to the forest and use leaves and stones. And water, of course.

Aero

Superstar
I'm trying to figure out what this is. And why I'm about to enter a conversation about buttholes.

How clean can a butthole actually get without bleach? Not clean enough IMO

JoChris

Superstar
MY summary:
The series provides an alternative answer to the demand for Christians to prove their faith.
Muslims here have already started the bible is corrupt argument (as always).
If Muhammad was truly the prophet of God, he should be a highly moral man and his words proven right by modern science etc.

I was not expecting you to seek information for yourselves because you submit your minds to your religious leaders. Free thought is dangerous for Muslims.

This series might be most helpful for curious people who assumed Islam was a simple faith and Muhammad was a moral man. Perhaps shallow belief/ low understanding Muslims too, or perhaps simply those whom God chooses to do so.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
MY summary:
The series provides an alternative answer to the demand for Christians to prove their faith.
Muslims here have already started the bible is corrupt argument (as always).
If Muhammad was truly the prophet of God, he should be a highly moral man and his words proven right by modern science etc.

I was not expecting you to seek information for yourselves because you submit your minds to your religious leaders. Free thought is dangerous for Muslims.

This series might be most helpful for curious people who assumed Islam was a simple faith and Muhammad was a moral man. Perhaps shallow belief/ low understanding Muslims too, or perhaps simply those whom God chooses to do so.
Shakespeare wrote the famous words "To be, or not to be - that is the question". Perhaps the VCF equivalent would be " To say, or not to say..."

A mental image struck me a few weeks ago and I posted it up in another thread.

"If i were to cross the Atlantic and I was on board a cruise liner, I could, in my imagination, spot some great folk who also wanted to go to America in an inflatable rowing boat.

I would be genuinely torn because on the one hand, I would have so much more in common with these people than those on shore or those who didn't believe in America at all.

On the other, knowing the distance and that even the strongest of them would expire through lack of strength and supplies on the way, I would be a very bad (and uncaring) person indeed if all I could say to them as they waved was "nice boat".

I can recognise the intention but disagree as to the sufficiency of Islam, just as I can with followers of rabbinic Judaism. Lost people need saving. Sick people need a doctor. This is why the message Jesus brought was gladly taken up by the tax collectors and prostitutes but dismissed my the scribes and pharisees."

I still think this sums up the dilemma I have as a follower of Jesus in a pluralistic world. I don't always know how to solve it, or the best spirit in which to do so.

JoChris

Superstar
Can you please tell me/start a thread on how Christianity was proved by science?
This thread was started for Muslims to discuss Muhammad's weird teachings as covered in the video series. That would be a good new topic for you to start discussion with science-minded Christians like Red Sky.

manama

Star
Except that his teachings have ALWAYS been correct according to science. Even him going to the seven heavens (multiverses) in the way he said he did, is something thats actually possible according to science.

Talk about "science" when you stop calling scientific facts wrong just because they contradict with the Bible.

manama

Star
"How dare someone teach others about hygiene, so immoral ew" - Christians 2k18

This entire thread can be summarized into "I can not prove Islam wrong because the book is scientifically accurate and the authentic hadith are scientifically accurate and how the Prophet showed the way of life to the basic stuff is scientifically accurate, so I'm going to talk about something thats common sense because i'm insecure".

"Science" Lol. If we made a science vs Christianity thread, we wouldn't even need to find a hadith out of thousands and create an issue out of nowhere. We can literally start from the first page of the Bible so, give it a break, stop embarrassing yourself.

JoChris

Superstar
Except that his teachings have ALWAYS been correct according to science. Even him going to the seven heavens (multiverses) in the way he said he did, is something thats actually possible according to science.

Talk about "science" when you stop calling scientific facts wrong just because they contradict with the Bible.

How do these teachings line up with modern science? (Sorry Red Sky! I had to ask that question).

Last edited:

manama

Star

How do these teachings line up with modern science? (Sorry Red Sky! I had to ask that question).
Already discussed in forums before. Also poisoned faith testing is not part of our faith, its part of yours. A true Christian can not die from poison or something along those lines so lol try again.

If you are going to ask a question, quote the thing rather than giving me videos, there is no way im getting baited into clicking the videos.

Thunderian

Superstar
I don't know how to say the things I am thinking without some people finding it offensive, so let this serve as a trigger warning. I am not trying to offend anyone.

If hygiene is the issue, then what are we to make of the fly-dunking hadith? I did search for discussion of this hadith on this board and couldn't find anything, so please forgive me if it's been discussed already. Anyway, the hadith is:

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said "If a house fly falls in the drink of anyone of you, he should dip it (in the drink), for one of its wings has a disease and the other has the cure for the disease." - Sahih al-Bukhari Book 54 Hadith 537

Why would Muhammad be concerned with our butts being clean, and then tell us to dunk a filthy insect into our drinks? Flies feed on sewage, rotting animals and open sores. But unless a person is sick, their own feces pose relatively little risk to them.

So is that a reliable hadith? If so, how is the butt-cleaning hadith versus the fly dunking hadith problem handled?

elsbet

Superstar
I still think this sums up the dilemma I have as a follower of Jesus in a pluralistic world. I don't always know how to solve it, or the best spirit in which to do so.
Treat others as you want to be treated... love your neighbour as yourself-- for some of us, better than ourselves may be more appropriate. :p

In the final analysis (imho), it isn't really what we say that needs to be scrutinized-- if we yield to the Spirit, he speaks. John 6:44 reminds us how it works.

Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
HEBREWS 13:20-21

@JoChris
1) it is embarrassing enough you have to resort to such desperate measures by posting vids like this to feel good about your own weaknesses..you then have to create a fictional premise that someone Muslims are risking hell fire of we use a toilet? I don't get wtf Ur saying.
2) "if Islam is a sister religion why didn't the Bible say so?"

Look at you pretending I haven't already opened this question up before. I've gone into more depth on the Bible concerning this matter than most people and said a lot of things...so I won't repeat points I've made before.

Im sure when God repeatedly said he would make Ismael a great nation and was there for Hagar and Ismael in the wilderness when they had no water to produce a source of water for them...that was all for a false religion.
That source of water, the zamzam well led to the city of Mecca being established and till today 5000 years later and nearly 1500 years in the Muslim era has been drank by billions of people and the fact it still exists says a lot about God.

Of course when God blesses and makes such promises in your primitive mind this means what? That God would first cause Ismael's decendants to become pagan for over 3500 years and then later allow Satan to deceive them again and make them follow another false religion? A religion that also ends up conquering the holyland / Jerusalem and having it in its possession for 1200 years?
Why is God trolling like this?
Oh yeh don't forget this is also Jesus...so Jesus went to the wilderness of Paran and made that source of water even though he's the fountain of life himself just so these pagans can drink.

If this is what you believe then certainly your God is the biggest liar of all time.
Remember the parable of tenants in the gospel.

Haich

Superstar
Right, this is gettung ridiculous now. So we've moved past tissue-gate and we're on fly gate.

So the hadith is authentic and it actually covers how one wing of fly has all the deadly baterial components and thé other wing doesn't. By dipping the other wing, you're neutralizing whatever crap fell into your food/drink.

Here is a scientific study explaining the issue further. The guy conducted the experiment himself and there are visuals too.
https://abdurrahman.org/2011/05/28/house-fly-one-wing-carrying-disease-and-the-other-carrying-the-cure/

If you had an ounce of sense you would conclude that this hadith probably applies more to people in poorer countries where food is either scarce or seasonal. This hadith reassures them and gives them the opportunity to salvage or preserve food.

I know you probably think we sit in Costa drowning flies into our coffee, but this hadith doesn't really apply to most Muslims because alhamdulilah we in the west and other developed countries don't have to worry about our next meal.

Maybe spare a thought for those hungry and less fortunate people who can't chuck out food as easily as you. This hadith is for them.

I don't know how to say the things I am thinking without some people finding it offensive, so let this serve as a trigger warning. I am not trying to offend anyone.

If hygiene is the issue, then what are we to make of the fly-dunking hadith? I did search for discussion of this hadith on this board and couldn't find anything, so please forgive me if it's been discussed already. Anyway, the hadith is:

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said "If a house fly falls in the drink of anyone of you, he should dip it (in the drink), for one of its wings has a disease and the other has the cure for the disease." - Sahih al-Bukhari Book 54 Hadith 537

Why would Muhammad be concerned with our butts being clean, and then tell us to dunk a filthy insect into our drinks? Flies feed on sewage, rotting animals and open sores. But unless a person is sick, their own feces pose relatively little risk to them.

So is that a reliable hadith? If so, how is the butt-cleaning hadith versus the fly dunking hadith problem handled?
Well...remember what Jesus said
It's not what goes into your mouth that defiles you but what comes out of your mouth.

Now let me see Christians eat excrement to prove Jesus right.

You can physically eat shit....but you can't chat shit
Why have these Christians got it so wrong?

manama

Star
Shhh, lets not let them know that even the insulin that they use and the vitamins they take are made up of bacteria, or that yoghurt and buttermilk is actually rotten milk or that their cheese is basically rotten milk + fungi. They might just attempt suicide because of how "clean" they are.