New YouTube series: Islamicize me

Thunderian

Superstar
OK, I can't help myself. This is killing me.

The following is the quote that is referenced in the first video:

'Whosoever says that the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) would stand up and urinate do not believe them, he would urinate but sitting down … "​
Is this considered an instruction to Muslims? Is it followed? What's the deal?

JoChris

Superstar
How about, i don't know, following your own religion properly?
Are there any later commandments where your prophet Muhammad/ any later writers undo the commandment to only urinate sitting down?

JoChris

Superstar
You overrate the videos and their views and underestimate my ability to scroll through short vids and get the idea :) They really make them long and boring. Couple clicks and I know exactly what they're mocking in each vid.

They think it's funny, but in fact they're not smart, because they distort or misrepresent everything.
They are quoting verses/ passages and following them literally. Wikipedia gives references. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_toilet_etiquette

JoChris

Superstar
Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
My take on it, for what it's worth:

I watched the series and I think if I were an ex-muslim (or a Muslim with doubts about the faith) it might make me laugh, but if Islam was precious to me, I don't think I could get beyond what I might perceive the intention behind the series to be.

As in:

People don't care what you know until they know that you care.

I think this presentation draws out some amazing insights from Muhammad's background. It increased my empathy for him as a person, whist casting light on his doctrinal conclusions.

OK, I can't help myself. This is killing me.

The following is the quote that is referenced in the first video:

'Whosoever says that the Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) would stand up and urinate do not believe them, he would urinate but sitting down … "​

Is this considered an instruction to Muslims? Is it followed? What's the deal?
You know what is funny? that christians are spending time to talk about us talking about toilet etiquette.

it's like
OMG THEY TALK ABOUT URINATING
THEY EVEN HAZ RULINGS ON IT

so after all this hilarity and i imagine a huge deathtoll...the point is what? that because muslims and our prophet had some instructions or examples on this topic, therefore islam is somehow, discredited?

When you were a child, did your parents teach you basic bathroom etiquette, did that also kill you?

actually fuck that, let's laugh at God for giving us a digestive system.......what was He thinking? did he have no shame?

"omg look david wood, this god even made a willy ehehehehe"

yo is this shit legit?

Wood has stated that he was an atheist[1] in his youth, during which he had run-ins with the law by breaking into homes and later going as far as attempting to take his father's life at the age of 18, claiming a belief that morality was merely societal rules that were beneath him.[6][7][8] After the attempt on his father's life, Wood was diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder (sociopathy) and was sentenced to ten years in prison for malicious wounding. While in prison, he was confronted with a fellow prisoner named Randy[8] who was a devout Christian. Wood often challenged Randy's Christian beliefs, initially claiming that Randy was only a Christian because he was born into a primarily Christian society, specifically the United States.[7] Wood began to read the Bible in order to respond to Randy's rebuttals but it eventually led Wood to convert to Christianity in 1996 himself, and to eventually reconcile with his father

but it's cool...because in prison, the randy christian helped wood find Jesus...

Someone needs to tell Wood that Jesus had a willy......therefore his entire foundation of belief is rekt.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I have mixed feelings on "Islamicize Me"... There are certainly issues I may have to grapple with like Muhammad's hard to understand issues with dogs, adoption or bathroom practices, however those are issues for Muslims to consider or dismiss as they see fit. If I could put my mixed feelings in a story, it would look like this...

"The North Wind boasted of great strength. The Sun argued that there was great power in gentleness.

"We shall have a contest," said the Sun.

Far below, a man traveled a winding road. He was wearing a warm winter coat.

"As a test of strength," said the Sun, "Let us see which of us can take the coat off of that man."

"It will be quite simple for me to force him to remove his coat," bragged the Wind.

The Wind blew so hard, the birds clung to the trees. The world was filled with dust and leaves. But the harder the wind blew down the road, the tighter the shivering man clung to his coat.

Then, the Sun came out from behind a cloud. Sun warmed the air and the frosty ground. The man on the road unbuttoned his coat.

The sun grew slowly brighter and brighter.

Soon the man felt so hot, he took off his coat and sat down in a shady spot.

"How did you do that?" said the Wind.

"It was easy," said the Sun, "I lit the day. Through gentleness I got my way."

Kung Fu

Superstar
You know what is funny? that christians are spending time to talk about us talking about toilet etiquette.

it's like
OMG THEY TALK ABOUT URINATING
THEY EVEN HAZ RULINGS ON IT

so after all this hilarity and i imagine a huge deathtoll...the point is what? that because muslims and our prophet had some instructions or examples on this topic, therefore islam is somehow, discredited?

When you were a child, did your parents teach you basic bathroom etiquette, did that also kill you?

actually fuck that, let's laugh at God for giving us a digestive system.......what was He thinking? did he have no shame?

"omg look david wood, this god even made a willy ehehehehe"
They're obsessed with Islam. They can't find fault in the Quran so they try to go after the Prophet(pbuh) and if that doesn't work they look for random hadiths online, could be fake or real, and then isolate those hadiths and present it to viewers in a manipulative way as to try to discredit Islam which of course, never works.

The more intelligent and sincere Christians on here I trust but clearly the only ones within this thread are the Zionist Christians who could be either shills or just ignorant clowns who aren't worth the dirt underneath my shoes.

DesertRose

Superstar
I think that there is a way to ask people about their faith and mocking them or having scorn for them is not the path.

As for those who mock our faith the Quran has a few good answers:

And [they are] those who do not testify to falsehood, and when they pass near ill speech, they pass by with dignity. (25:72) (regarding believers)
“Be tolerant, command what’s right, pay no attention to foolish people” [7:199]

“Do not revile those they call on beside God, so they, in their hostility, revile God, without knowledge” [6:108]

“The Servants of the Lord of Mercy are those who walk humbly on Earth, and who, when the foolish address them, reply ‘Peace’” [25:63]

“Call people to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good teaching, and argue with them in the most courteous way” [16:125]

49:10- Humanity is a single brotherhood(equal) so make peace with your brothers

They're obsessed with Islam. They can't find fault in the Quran so they try to go after the Prophet(pbuh) and if that doesn't work they look for random hadiths online, could be fake or real, and then isolate those hadiths and present it to viewers in a manipulative way as to try to discredit Islam which of course, never works.

The more intelligent and sincere Christians on here I trust but clearly the only ones within this thread are the Zionist Christians who could be either shills or just ignorant clowns who aren't worth the dirt underneath my shoes.
lol these guys read books and books, multiple commentaries...no stone left unturned.
and for what?

the apostles considered many things satanic but they didnt spend their day and night talking about evil, they spent most of their efforts talking about he good they had ie their own beliefs/religion.

i have never heard him talk about Christianity
take a look
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=david+wood

ok this guy's story is that he tried to kill his own father, then became christian in prison.

so how does his redemption story go from that..........to dissing islam 24-7? he is so focused on something outside himself....is he afraid to look at himself?

ok i found one...
ill watch this and give my thoughts later.

Kung Fu

Superstar
lol these guys read books and books, multiple commentaries...no stone left unturned.
and for what?

the apostles considered many things satanic but they didnt spend their day and night talking about evil, they spent most of their efforts talking about he good they had ie their own beliefs/religion.

i have never heard him talk about Christianity
take a look
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=david+wood

ok this guy's story is that he tried to kill his own father, then became christian in prison.

so how does his redemption story go from that..........to dissing islam 24-7? he is so focused on something outside himself....is he afraid to look at himself?

ok i found one...
ill watch this and give my thoughts later.
The dudes a cross-dresser. He's an absolute joke. And you're right all his videos are about Islam. I'm not going to be surprised if he converts to Islam later in his life like how the far-right German party leader did recently. He went from obsessing about Islam and how evil Muslims are to be embracing Islam.

The whole sequence of walking and talking to the camera...i don't know if people realise, this is a sign of mental instability...
he can't 'sit' in a more sombre state..he needs to talk and attack islam in order to avoid confronting his own self.
he enters a train with people in it and sings, then talks...no consideration for people who are on it...clearly a narcissist.

although not comparable to this guy
i felt similar watching sheikh abdurraheem green. and remember that 'convert2islam' guy who since left islam..same...you only had to observe how they talk, there's a sense of self-importance on that.
normal people dont talk/behave like that.

listen to someone like yusuf estes he is such a likeable person, very real in comparison to these other type of people.