Lord, God Almighty
All Thy works shall praise Thy name in earth and sky and sea
Holy, holy, holy
Merciful and mighty
God in three persons blessed Trinity

llleopard

Established
A Sunday school song the kids seem to like a lot:

It is still convicting to me. My flesh tends to put intellectual knowledge before obedience.
Oh my goodness this is a classic in the Brethren! It is sung before most immersion baptisms, and when you come up you are greeted with another, 'up from the grave He arose'

Swiftturtle

Established
Sorry for the explanation, but it’s why I think this song is incredible: I realized a couple of years ago that in person I joke a lot and jump into being the social butterfly role as a defense mechanism to avoid having to answer personal questions. It’s exhausting, esp when that becomes the ‘expected persona’ when I’m attending an event...the older I get, the more I have to be alone before and after these times bc it takes so much from me. I realized I was doing it to myself in order to clutch onto ppl not knowing my vulnerabilities. SO, I’ve been working on that. Right around that time, this song came out, and it was so perfect for my prayer: be brave enough to be vulnerable, be brave enough to openly share a Christian view that I knew I’d mocked for... I love it:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
...be brave enough to be vulnerable, be brave enough to openly share a Christian view that I knew I’d mocked for... I love it:
The song for me that had that same impact was “I believe in you” by Bob Dylan. It sang here by a sweeter voice but I guess you can also pick out all the words!!

Swiftturtle

Established
I love hymns, contemporary worship, even old school 90’s worship that sounds so strange in comparison to these ‘light show’ services (I have a bit of an issue w/light shows during worship- that’s a personal opinion, just bc I love the focus on the worship, not feeling like I’m at a concert). There are worship leaders all around me- 3 in my immediate family. We didn’t watch tv ever when I was a kid. Every night my dad played worship songs on the piano (or guitar...or hymns in the organ, even) while us kids played board games or read.
I love how this song moves into ‘It is Well’, it’s one of my favorite hymns.

Axl888

Established
Hi all, what can you say about Don Moen and his songs?

I enjoy listening to his songs by the way.