new Poppy video

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I don’t know what you’re talking about. I did not say anything about that. All I did was point out why the video is funny. I’m not defending anything and I don’t even care about Poppy. You guys are making a big deal out of the smallest things.

What does that have to do with what I said? Poppy is still a meme and satirical character.
I was mistaken about the first contention.... you said that about Eilish. My point stands, but my example was incorrect. I apologize for that.

"What does that have to do with what I said? Poppy is still a meme and satirical character."
I disagree. The Poppy project is like many others, specifically designed to look like an inside joke that only a select few get..... but its just the same agenda. Its the same product. Its not art or satire and certainly not critical of the establishment that controls it, otherwise it wouldn't exist in the mainstream in the first place.

Edit: "Um... what I said is true. The Ellen Show’s target demographic is 25-54 year old women."
This is exactly what I mean. You know full well The Degenerate One's show is a staple of daytime TV which children regularly both watch and perform on. You know, lil kids who are just wholesomely expressing themselves in an organic fashion with positive role models like this episode right?
Or perhaps its the super respectful, age-appropriate ways she engages w/young children of color that has you making excuses for her here?
Its obvious the kid in the last video hates being there........

Last edited:

elsbet

Superstar
@mecca
"12 year olds dont watch Ellen.. "

Yes, they do.

Target demographic is irrelevant-- kids are a huge part of the 'ellen' show. They watch the show, and they are frequently featured *on* the show, as well. It's a fact.

BONUS
Kids review Ellen DeGeneres Show

mecca said:
If I had a young teenage child...
I had to lol :D

Anyway..
You don't seem to understand that the posted speed limit doesn't actually cause people obey it. They can exceed it to their heart's content, until they are caught-- IF they are caught.

In the same way, age suggestions for a target audience have absolutely no power over the age of the actual audience-- or video viewers in the case of Poppy. I'm sure there is a segment of the population that thinks it is a new, super-clever thing she's doing because they dont know that its been done already, a million times before. But satire only perpetuates what it is mocking-- it is just another vice, itself.

And of course the kids are going watch because she is marketed directly to children, as the face of Hello Sanrio...

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
@mecca
"12 year olds dont watch Ellen.. "

Yes, they do.

Target demographic is irrelevant-- kids are a huge part of the 'ellen' show. They watch the show, and they are frequently featured *on* the show, as well. It's a fact.

BONUS
Kids review Ellen DeGeneres Show

Anyway..
You don't seem to understand that the posted speed limit doesn't actually cause people obey it. They can exceed it to their heart's content, until they are caught-- IF they are caught.

In the same way, age suggestions for a target audience have absolutely no power over the age of the actual audience-- or video viewers in the case of Poppy. I'm sure there is a segment of the population that thinks it is a new, super-clever thing she's doing because they dont know that its been done already, a million times before. But satire only perpetuates what it is mocking-- it is just another vice, itself.

And of course the kids are going watch because she is marketed directly to children, as the face of Hello Sanrio...

What would this persons product have to do with Sanrio? Nothing, its yet another attempt at trying to indoctrinate the youth.
Those reviews by "kids" are crazy.... almost all of them mention sex either directly or in reference to the adult material on the show. I can say they did an obvious, and ridiculous, job of trying to sock puppet those "kids" reviews onto that page tho lol

Awoken2

Superstar
did not say that kids should watch it.
Kids are watching it, in large numbers, there is no parental guidance warnings on her videos, go read the comments section of her videos, it's mostly kids. The fact that's it's passed off as some type of black comedy for adults just highlights it's nefarious intent in my eyes.

What she looks like doesn't factor in.
What she looks like is meticulously planned out to swallow up the biggest demographic possible.

children watch SpongeBob.
Things have moved on from that now.

I think the agenda that these tools are pushing is pretty obvious and I think Mecca knows it too....
I agree with you there, bang on.

mecca

Superstar
Yes, they do.
Children are still not the primary viewers. Many people go onto the Ellen show, some of them make content that is suitable for young children and some do not. Many musicians perform on her show occasionally.

Poppy's content is not made for a young audience though... Poppy's content is made for teens and adults. I never said that means children do not come across her videos... but I did say that it's their parent's fault if they do.

Poppy never went on Ellen in the first place so I don't know why we are talking about that show.
I wouldn't care if a teen saw a Poppy video. Like I said, Poppy is an internet meme. They are not being corrupted by laughing at a stupid video.
In the same way, age suggestions for a target audience have absolutely no power over the age of the actual audience-- or video viewers in the case of Poppy.
But it has power over what the content actually contains. The target audience you have in mind determines what the videos are about. If you decide to make a show that's for an 8 year old audience, the show would not be gory or violent, it would probably be happy and lighthearted and teach some sort of moral lesson... it would have a story that a child could understand... you would make it suitable for young children.

If you make a show that is for adults or teens, you can basically do what you want with the storyline. You can have scenes with blood, you can make references to sex, you can have dark themes woven into the plot of the story... the show would not be made for children, therefore it's not suitable for them to watch it, even if they are capable. Poppy videos are just not made for an 8 year old audience... which means that parents shouldn't let their 8 year old watch them. Simple concept.

Last edited:

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Kids are watching it, in large numbers, there is no parental guidance warnings on her videos, go read the comments section of her videos, it's mostly kids. The fact that's it's passed off as some type of black comedy for adults just highlights it's nefarious intent in my eyes.

What she looks like is meticulously planned out to swallow up the biggest demographic possible.

I agree with you there, bang on.
This post tells the truth. Poppy, Eilish and the rest are products. Controlled products.

Last edited:

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Children are still not the primary viewers. Many people go onto the Ellen show, some of them make content that is suitable for children and some do not. Poppy's content is not made for a young audience... Poppy's content is made for teens and adults. I never said that means children do not come across her videos... but I did say that it's their parent's fault if they do.

I wouldn't care if a teen saw a Poppy video. Like I said, Poppy is an internet meme. They are not being corrupted by laughing at a stupid video.
"but I did say that it's their parent's fault if they do. "
That way none of the adults who are co-signing this have to accept any blame for helping to promote it. Its really, really weird to watch you devolve into the same agenda-excuse making machine that you have called others out as........

mecca

Superstar
go read the comments section of her videos, it's mostly kids
I did, I saw no indication that all the commenters were children. There is no way to know what age someone is by a YouTube comment. Most comments I saw were coherently written and seemed mature.

But there are children on YouTube and they watch all sorts of things, that doesn't mean that they are supposed to. A child can come across a video that is not suitable for them to watch but that's not the fault of the content creator, that's the fault of the parent for not monitoring their child's internet access.
No, not really... children watch shows that are made for children. 8 year olds watch things like Paw Patrol and yes, SpongeBob SquarePants.
Poppy as a character is supposed to appear innocent and nice to fit the storyline and the theme of the videos. Poppy is supposed to be an innocent character that is pulled into a dark industry and maybe gets corrupted by that. That has nothing to do with whether the content was created for children. The content is simply not made for children, it's made for people who understand the music industry and conspiracy theories surrounding it... mostly teens and adults like I said.

Last edited:

Awoken2

Superstar
Her content is not made for children, but sometimes young children still come across it. That’s the parents fault for not monitoring what their child does on the internet.
You obviously don't have kids of your own do you? If you think parents of today have enough spare time to be monitoring their kids internet after both having to go.out to work all day just to pay the bills then I suggest you have a reality check. Furthermore, if a kid wants to hide certain internet use from a parent who checks their internet history then that's exactly what they'll do.

I find your argument that this material is marketed to a niche market of woke adults with a dark sense of humour but is not meant to be viewed by kids a bit laughable to be honest. You don't come across as that naive. That's not me being horrible because I usually agree with a lot of the stuff you post.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
You obviously don't have kids of your own do you? If you think parents of today have enough spare time to be monitoring their kids internet after both having to go.out to work all day just to pay the bills then I suggest you have a reality check. Furthermore, if a kid wants to hide certain internet use from a parent who checks their internet history then that's exactly what they'll do.

I find your argument that this material is marketed to a niche market of woke adults with a dark sense of humour but is not meant to be viewed by kids a bit laughable to be honest. You don't come across as that naive. That's not me being horrible because I usually agree with a lot of the stuff you post.
Im sayin.... Im not trying to come down on Mecca, but if she just likes it regardless of the content that is one thing.... as I posted before, we all have our guilty media pleasures. But I dont try to justify those guilty pleasures, I just accept that I might enjoy those artists or programs and dont make excuses about it.

Last edited:

Awoken2

Superstar
No me neither, I just struggle with people who try blur the lines between good and bad. Let's just keep.it simple, good is good and bad is bad....it's not subjective.

mecca

Superstar
I never said it was a niche market... I said anyone could find Poppy funny or entertaining, Poppy is a popular meme across the internet, but only people who know about all the conspiracy theories surrounding the music industry would actually understand the story, that's who it is made for. Someone who doesn't know or care about conspiracy theories can still be a fan of Poppy and like her music and videos, they just wouldn't know what her character is supposed to represent. Or they could come up with alternate theories about what her videos mean.

But the content itself is definitely not suitable for little children regardless... most of her videos and songs are simply too mature for children. Like you said, How could the lyrics "you can get down on your knees if you're naughty" be something meant for little children? It's just not made for young kids.
No me neither, I just struggle with people who try blur the lines between good and bad. Let's just keep.it simple, good is good and bad is bad....it's not subjective.
Are you saying that I am doing this?

Last edited:

mecca

Superstar
Listen Awoken, I understand that it can be hard to control what a child sees on the internet. But content creators should be able to make videos that are not for children. There are many people on YouTube who make videos with crass language or adult jokes that are definitely not suitable for little kids, but they have a right to make those videos. They make videos for an older audience, not children... if a child comes across that content, the responsibility falls on the parents for not restricting their access. It's really not the content creator's fault. I don't see what they could do to stop that from happening, the parents are the ones who have to do what they can. But this is a real problem throughout the internet, it's not just limited to Poppy videos. And that's why there are shows specifically made for children... like Paw Patrol.

Last edited:

Awoken2

Superstar
Listen Awoken, I understand that it can be hard to control what a child sees on the internet. But content creators should be able to make videos that are not for children. There are many people on YouTube who make videos with crass language or adult jokes that are definitely not suitable for little kids, but they have a right to make those videos. They make videos for an older audience, not children... if a child comes across that content, the responsibility falls on the parents for not restricting their access. It's really not the content creator's fault. I don't see what they could do to stop that from happening, the parents are the ones who have to do what they can. But this is a real problem throughout the internet, it's not just limited to Poppy videos. And that's why there are shows specifically made for children... like Paw Patrol.
So it's the parents responsibility to shield their children from the vulgarity and filth parading as entertainment whilst the people who peddle this vile shit can keep on doing what they are doing?

And your into human rights?!?!.....really?

mecca

Superstar
So it's the parents responsibility to shield their children from the vulgarity and filth parading as entertainment whilst the people who peddle this vile shit can keep on doing what they are doing?
Wow, not even close... Are you serious right now? That's nothing close to what I said. Poppy is a meme and a joke, she is not that big of a deal. All I said was that parents should not let their young children watch Poppy's content.

You know what, regardless of any of our opinions on her videos, they just are not meant for little kids. And if a parent wants to make sure their child doesn't watch Poppy videos, they have to be the one to keep them away from it... just like they keep them away from every other piece of content that is not suitable for children. Please can we end this very stupid and annoying argument?

Last edited:

Masked crusader7

Established
personally shes a prophet exposing the illuminati but i know people will call me insane on this but its true just listen to her message it sounds biblica.l the demons are messing with all of us be careful out there ask Christ jesus to protect your minds its really wild right now and shes part of Gods judgement

Awoken2

Superstar
Are you serious right now? Poppy is a meme and a joke, she is not that big of a deal. All I said was that parents should not let their young children watch Poppy's content.

You know what, regardless of any of our opinions on her videos, they just are not meant for little kids. And if a parent wants to make sure their child doesn't watch Poppy videos, they have to be the one to keep them away from it... just like they keep them away from every other piece of content that is not suitable for children. Please can we end this very stupid and annoying argument?
Ended right there...and yes I was being serious. There's certain things I feel quite strongly about.

elsbet

Superstar
Poppy's content is not made for a young audience though... Poppy's content is made for teens and adults.
Noo-- it is not made for actual adults. Kids who are legally adults-- sure... but mostly just kids.

I wouldn't care if a teen saw a Poppy video.
Which is your demographic..

But it has power over what the content actually contains. The target audience you have in mind determines what the videos are about. If you decide to make a show ...
I understand the concept.

You dont seem to understand that the real world doesnt function the way its supposed to-- if it did, this site would not exist. Did your parents monitor what you watched 24 hours a day, 7 days per week?

Do you know that parents can be misled by the fact that she is a spokesperson for Hello Sanrio, the children's company who owns Hello Kitty, My Melody and Little Twin Stars?

Did you know that it is not an accident?

Come on... you cant be that sheltered.