New Montreal City Pool to Have Just One “Gender Neutral” Changing Room

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
https://www.newswars.com/new-montreal-city-pool-to-have-just-one-gender-neutral-changing-room/
A new public swimming pool in Montreal, Canada will have just one “gender neutral” changing room, eliminating male and female designated facilities.
The Rosemont Aquatic Complex, which is set to open next year, announced the new policy on its website.
According to Nathalie Goulet, head of social inclusion for the executive committee of the City of Montreal, making boys, girls, men, women, transgender and “non-binary” people all change in the same room is a benchmark of “social innovation.”

oh I hope they are the single private shower/toilet rooms each with its own locking door because I seriously doubt this article's alarmist claim of some big communal "changing room". I recently was at a campground with updated facilities with private stalls. Those are so nice. Private stalls are a million times better than the old communal "locker room" style with the occasional unfortunate flabby hairy as$ and dong sightings. LOL

Last edited:

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
oh I hope they are the single private shower/toilet rooms each with its own locking door because I seriously doubt this article's alarmist claim of some big communal "changing room". I recently was at a campground with updated facilities with private stalls. Those are so nice. Private stalls are a million times better than the old communal "locker room" style with the occasional unfortunate flabby hairy as$ and dong sightings. LOL
'The facility will include “3 open showers with soap,” although “no nudity” will be allowed apart from in closed change rooms, showers or bathroom stalls.'

I agree with the opinion that this type of change room, even with private change spaces, will attract sexual predators and other less than desirable types.

Last edited:
'The facility will include “3 open showers with soap,” although “no nudity” will be allowed apart from in closed change rooms, showers or bathroom stalls.'

I agree with opinion that this type of change room, even with private change spaces, will attract sexual predators and other less than desirable types.
open showers just means they are for rinsing off outside in the pool area where people are never going to be undressed in the first place. It's not a "changing room". Good grief. Surely, open public pool/beach showers are not a new concept to you? The changing rooms themselves do appear to be separate, closed, single-occupant rooms. Don't fall for alarmist conservative click-bait dude. You're being very gullible.

Last edited:

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
Don't fall for alarmist conservative click-bait dude. You're being very gullible.
Gullible? What, you don't think this is for real? You've never seen or read any stories about creeps identifying as a woman in bathrooms or change rooms with kids.
Why do you think places like Hollywood and certain cartoon networks are plagued with pedo types? Because that's where the kids are! Just like pools and change areas. Maybe you're just naive dude.

Gullible? What, you don't think this is for real? You've never seen or read any stories about creeps identifying as a woman in bathrooms or change rooms with kids.
Why do you think places like Hollywood and certain cartoon networks are plagued with pedo types? Because that's where the kids are! Just like pools and change areas. Maybe you're just naive dude.
if this is really your concern and you're not just being bigoted
WHY WOULD YOU NOT WANT PRIVATE SINGLE CHANGING ROOMS? You make no sense. This article is bunk. You're too gullible.

Like I said, I've been to a place with similar updated facilities. The privacy is outstanding!! 5-star review from me, personally. I don't think you even know what it is you're complaining about.

just killing time in between bites of lunch LOL

by all means, keep on reading "newswars.com" I'm sure it's a totally legitimate source and is not farming clicks for ad revenue at all, NOPE LOL

JoChris

Superstar
https://www.newswars.com/new-montreal-city-pool-to-have-just-one-gender-neutral-changing-room/
A new public swimming pool in Montreal, Canada will have just one “gender neutral” changing room, eliminating male and female designated facilities.
The Rosemont Aquatic Complex, which is set to open next year, announced the new policy on its website.
According to Nathalie Goulet, head of social inclusion for the executive committee of the City of Montreal, making boys, girls, men, women, transgender and “non-binary” people all change in the same room is a benchmark of “social innovation.”
Headline and first sentence 6 months after opening:
Montreal pool bathrooms boycotted by women and families with young kids:
Montreal Pool committee trying to figure out why statistics show that both pool attendance numbers have plummeted and the new gender neutral bathroom is being avoided by women and young families.

Headline and first sentence 6 months after opening:
Montreal pool bathrooms boycotted by women and families with young kids:
Montreal Pool committee trying to figure out why statistics show that both pool attendance numbers have plummeted and the new gender neutral bathroom is being avoided by women and young families.
...or those families with young kids will realize how much they appreciate having their own individual closed changing room.

The universal change rooms will consist of:
  • 18 closed stalls that include a shower and a changing section
  • 6 closed stalls without a shower
  • 12 washroom stalls, which can serve as changerooms
  • 3 open showers with soap
  • 2 showers on the pool deck
  • several lockers, both full and half size
  • a storage room for school and other groups
source: https://www.mtlblog.com/news/canada/qc/montreal/new-montreal-city-pool-will-have-just-one-changing-room-and-it-will-be-gender-neutral

JoChris

Superstar
...or those families with young kids will realize how much they appreciate having their own individual closed changing room.

The universal change rooms will consist of:
  • 18 closed stalls that include a shower and a changing section
  • 6 closed stalls without a shower
  • 12 washroom stalls, which can serve as changerooms
  • 3 open showers with soap
  • 2 showers on the pool deck
  • several lockers, both full and half size
  • a storage room for school and other groups
source: https://www.mtlblog.com/news/canada/qc/montreal/new-montreal-city-pool-will-have-just-one-changing-room-and-it-will-be-gender-neutral
There are more kinds of perverts than voyeurs.
This kind of bathroom would be a perfect place for a flasher to use on the spur of the moment if he liked to show himself to women and children.
Public toilets are locked after hours in some parts of Australia after they became meeting rooms for gay men.

polymoog

Superstar
although i dont like what the article seems to indicate, id like to wait and see what these bathrooms/change rooms look like before making any final judgments.
the website on the article has no pictures.

Vixy

Star
Soooo whats the point in having changing rooms at all then? It used to be to not show the opposite gender your naked..ness, now you change with them? Then theres no point. Why not just bend over and let kids, men and everyone watch your crotch up close and personal? LOL I'd never EVER go to such a place. No private changing room? Lose me as a client, dickheads! :mad:

Soooo whats the point in having changing rooms at all then? It used to be to not show the opposite gender your naked..ness, now you change with them? Then theres no point. Why not just bend over and let kids, men and everyone watch your crotch up close and personal? LOL I'd never EVER go to such a place. No private changing room? Lose me as a client, dickheads! :mad:
The changing rooms are small single-occupant rooms with a locking door though.
There are more kinds of perverts than voyeurs.
This kind of bathroom would be a perfect place for a flasher to use on the spur of the moment if he liked to show himself to women and children.
Public toilets are locked after hours in some parts of Australia after they became meeting rooms for gay men.
So flashers are going to walk into a private locked changing room somehow?? Ok LOL if you say so. The old locker room style is better how exactly?

I’m not sure what facilities are generally like in Aus but these types of changing room and shower facilities are more common in non-North American countries as Renegade pointed out. Maybe you are complaining about the exact type of facilities that are already common in Aus and don’t realize it??

although i dont like what the article seems to indicate, id like to wait and see what these bathrooms/change rooms look like before making any final judgments.
the website on the article has no pictures.
That’s because it’s another one of those boomer clickbait sites. Links to these BS articles get passed around in those chain emails by clueless old people. Sometimes there is even a link in the email to install malware. LOL