New Miniseries Concept: "9-11 Tangent"

polymoog

Superstar
how about this for an idea. and imagine if HBO had the balls to play it:

pilot: 9-11 footage, etc., etc. at the end of the pilot, GWB ends his live feed and gets a phone call in the oval office from one of his superiors, telling him to stop looking so nervous; that everything is being handled.

through 2 seasons (i guess it can be stretched to 3), we see GWB going through the motions of being the president. however, there are CIA whistleblowers who start leaking out information online, and the truth movement begins. the truth community grows, while GWB and his administration try to cover it all up. as he tries to keep things under wraps, stickers and signs appear everywhere, and people start talking about it, despite a blackout in the media.
a whistleblower comes out with evidence of government involvement and as GWB makes a seemingly innocent appearance, someone blurts out a direct question to him about 9-11 and he slips up (id have to work on that scene). soon, everyone is talking about it and there is a congressional inquiry. TPTB decide to cut their losses and dump the blame on him when bush crumbles under pressure from a live broadcast. cheney, wolfowitz, and rumsfeld are brought into questioning and found to be lying. the public, upon learning that the president has orchestrated 9-11 and that the israelis are involved, are beyond livid. the government is turned upside down, the military takes the side of the people and rounds them all up and a war crimes tribunal begins, all televised. everyone in bushs administration is tried, as well as everyone involved in the PNAC. colon powell is acquitted, but the rest are, in the final episode, publicly hung for treason, after a brilliant speech by the judge (he will be a main character).
israel is humiliated and isolated; mass emigrations from the state ensue out of disgust. saddam hussein thank the courts for their honesty, which opens up a new dialogue for middle east peace. in the last scene, for a sequel, we see TPTB in a dark room (just 5 silhouetted men), scheming about what to do about these setbacks.

any suggestions on actors for the parts?

Either one of these guys can play Colin Powell:

Dennis Haysbert, or

Joe Morton

Gene Hackman as Dick Cheney:

Penny Johnson Herald as Condie Rice (if you watched the first season of 24, you’d know why):

and Brian Dennehy as the judge:

polymoog

Superstar
orwell: GREAT choices!

you think dennehy can play such a deadly serious role?

for absolute sure, gene hackman. hes got the look and the skill (im thinking of him in no way out).

by the way, if someone wants to take this idea and run with it, please do.

GWB as Himself
Dwayne Johnson as Colin Powell (it will help him in his 2020 bid for the presidency)
Dionne Warwick as Condi Rice
Richard Dreyfuss as Dick Cheney
George clooney as Donald Rumsfeld

James Woods - The judge

polymoog

Superstar
GWB as Himself
Dwayne Johnson as Colin Powell (it will help him in his 2020 bid for the presidency)
Dionne Warwick as Condi Rice
Richard Dreyfuss as Dick Cheney
George clooney as Donald Rumsfeld

James Woods - The judge
GWB, in this alternate timeline, needs to appear before the senate inquiry. dreyfuss is GREAT. is he diabolical enough?
dionne warwick! LOL!!!!!

there was a movie/show (was this a philip K dick novel?) about what life would be like if the axis powers won the war. this would be more popular, by far. imagine if this really aired. i wonder what the publics reaction would be. aside from the usual complainers ("oh, its in bad taste!"), i think the people would be glued to their sets-- especially if it was well documented and realistic.

i cant believe there arent any script writers in here.

Last edited:
orwell: GREAT choices!

you think dennehy can play such a deadly serious role?

for absolute sure, gene hackman. hes got the look and the skill (im thinking of him in no way out).

by the way, if someone wants to take this idea and run with it, please do.
Thanks and yes, I think Brian could pull it off. I enjoyed his performance in Presumed Innocent so I can see him in a judicial role. As for writing a script, it would be a great one to write but it would take a lot of serious time and effort. I always had the thought of writing the real epilogue for Nowhere Man, where an intern works at a psych ward and tends to a patient whose fingerprints have been removed and is isolated from the rest of the patients. Only to discover, through some of his own investigating, that the patient is Thomas Veil and has found out too much about the CIA's black ops and MK Ultra schemes. It would be neat to merge your premise and that one together as it would make one phenomenal roller coaster ride of a story!

@grateful servant : I actually thought of James Wood as playing Bill Kristol, but for the life of me, I couldn't remember his name.

polymoog

Superstar
ive been thinking about this concept a bit more in detail.

in nearly every episode, there should be the intro scene which will consist of video footage (as opposed to film footage) of regular people on the street talking about 9-11 and the events in everyday settings: convenience store conversations, at the gas station, water cooler office talk, etc. in the early episodes, we will see people angry and confused, then as things progress, more and more will be critical and not sure what to believe. this will parallel what the average person (sheeple) will be thinking about the show.
big conflicts and public mass opinion swaying will be illustrated by TV broadcasts and media. first, of course, theyll ignore it, which will be slowly morphed into them denying it and then fighting it until they have to accept it. several episodes with behind the scenes detail will deal with the NWOs control of the media and how they have to cope with this truth uprising.

mid-season 1 will be a throwback episode with wolfowitz, cheney, and others discussing the PNAC and what they want to accomplish.

the big turn in the series, ive decided, will be the pentagon episode. i havent worked out who will be responsible, but the raw footage of the seized cams (originally seized by the FBI, never to be seen again) surrounding the pentagon when the missile hit it will be brought out in the open. this will turn the tide of the series after the controllers had begun to clamp down on the movement during the congressional hearings. lots of detail will be given to the NWOs control and manipulation and blackmail of senators and other government officials.

ive also worked out the finale.

second to last sequence: truthers are celebrating
last sequence: the silhouetted men of the NWO are wondering what to do. one man says, "this will set us back for years."
"no. the american public will forget about this far sooner. its just a glitch."
then another at the table speaks: "gentlemen, i have the answer to our problem. john, let him in." in walked a man with a prototype for social media. the man at the head of the table says, "in a few years, this will be even more effective than television. we will be back on schedule."
FADE TO BLACK
<end of the series>

this show will require a lot of fact checkers working out timelines, quotes, etc. i also havent worked out how i want to handle the deaths of the passengers of the 3 flights. ive decided to keep the ambiguity and theories of the DEW (directed energy weapons), project blue beam, planted mininukes and thermite in the series. in other words, bring all of those theories into it (just like real life) and have it left unanswered. after all, i am not sure everyone has agreed on the exact method(s).

i am not sure if the original israel angle is good enough-- it seems too... "clean". perhaps it would be more accurate to see the israeli involvement slip away from judgement.

i am more convinced that this series, with its extremely controversial topics, would be among the top series on TV of all time, as i think people from around the world would be glued to the series.

question: do i need to change everyones names in order to avoid a slander suit?

Karlysymon

Superstar
@polymoog

Thanks for linking me to this thread. I had no idea how to find it as i was looking for it so that people can speculate on "Trump cinema" in the next 20yrs or so.

John Goodman is a perfect fit to play Pompeo :) .
1566243526959.png

polymoog

Superstar
Thanks for linking me to this thread. I had no idea how to find it as i was looking for it so that people can speculate on "Trump cinema" in the next 20yrs or so.
that would be a great series as well... not as good as the 9-11 one, but if its filmed where both sides are covered, everyone will like it.
with a series like that, i think it would be difficult to be bipartisan.