New Lady Gaga Video

Daze

Superstar
Islam
The heavenly paradise of the Koran describes four gardens with shade, springs, and fruits—including the pomegranate. Legend holds that each pomegranate contains one seed that has come down from paradise. Pomegranates have had a special role as a fertility symbol in weddings among the Bedouins of the Middle East. A fine specimen is secured and split open by the groom as he and his bride open the flap of their tent or enter the door of their house. Abundant seeds ensure that the couple who eat it will have many children.
- "Why A Pomegranate?", Patricia Langley

Islam
It is important, tradition says, to eat every seed of a pomegranate because one can't be sure which aril came from paradise. The prophet Mohammed is said to have encouraged his followers to eat pomegranates to ward off envy and hatred.
- "A Pomegranate For All Religions", Nancy Haught

Thankfully everything online is absolute truth. :rolleyes:

Fertitlity symbols? Fruit wards off emotions?
Both of those quotes are pagan and Islam is absolutely free of them. But you're gonna believe whatever you like anyway.

shankara

Star
Pomegranates are in the Greek myth of Persephone. Due to eating six seeds of a pomegranate after being kidnapped by Hades - if she ate anything in the underworld she would be stuck in it - she had to spend six months of the year in it as the queen of the underworld.

Aazaad

Established
The prophet Mohammed is said to have encouraged his followers to eat pomegranates to ward off envy and hatred.
This one could be because of pomegranates syphoning and helping the flow of blood.

B_JMNN

Established
FYI, the ancient Zia people are still alive and prospering in their Native Lands in New Mexico.

I'm surprised no one has created a thread about what's going on between Armenia and Azerbaijan in the news section. I'm interested to see what people know and think about it. There's a big community of Armenians in Lebanon, so I feel drawn to what's happening over there.