Netherlands: 17-year-old r*pe victim legally euthanized

saki

Star
‘Not worthy of protection’: 17-year-old r*pe victim legally euthanized in Netherlands after ‘insufferable’ pain
by John Gage

| June 04, 2019 05:54 PM

A 17-year-old r*pe victim was euthanized in the Netherlands after she said the pain that her sexual assaults had caused her was “insufferable.”

“I will get straight to the point: within a maximum of 10 days I will die,” Noa Pothoven, from Arnhem, the Netherlands, wrote Saturday before she was legally euthanized. “After years of battling and fighting, I am drained. I have quit eating and drinking for a while now, and after many discussions and evaluations, it was decided to let me go because my suffering is unbearable.”

“I deliberated for quite a while whether or not I should share this, but decided to do it anyway,” Pothoven said on Instagram. “Maybe this comes as a surprise to some, given my posts about hospitalization, but my plan has been there for a long time and is not impulsive.”

Senior Political Correspondent David Drucker on the expanded Washington Examiner magazine

“Out of fear and shame, I relive the fear, that pain every day. Always scared, always on my guard. And to this day my body still feels dirty,” she said. “My house has been broken into, my body, that can never be undone.”

She said that she “breaths [ sic] but no longer lives.”

Pothoven endured three different incidents of sexual assault that she outlined in an autobiography she wrote titled Winning or Learning. She claimed to have been molested at age 11 and 12, and raped at age 14 by two men.

It is legal in the Netherlands for children as young as 12 to get euthanized for unbearable pain.

Dutch minister Lisa Westerveld visited Pothoven before she was euthanized.

“It was nice to see her again. It is also very unreal. Noa was incredibly strong and very open. I will never forget her. We will continue her struggle,” Westerveld said.

“This happens, because once you accept that some lives are not worthy of protection and should be ended, it is only a question of which lives and what conditions should qualify for assisted suicide, or euthanasia,” said Dr. Gordon MacDonald, the head of Care Not Killing. The group, based in the U.K., opposes euthanasia and assisted suicide.

“In Holland, where this latest tragic case has taken place, there has been a steady increase in the number of euthanasia deaths, which in 2017 accounted for more than 4% of all deaths. At the same time we have seen a dramatic escalation in the range of conditions, which meet the medical and legal threshold,” MacDonald added.

Pothoven told her Instagram following not to try convincing her against taking her own life, saying, “This is my decision and it is final.”

justjess

Superstar
Fake news.

]https://jezebel.com/dozens-of-english-language-news-sites-are-misreporting-1835267919?utm_medium=socialflow&utm_campaign=socialflow_jezebel_facebook&utm_source=jezebel_facebook

Dozens of English-language news sites, including the Washington Post, the Daily Beast, the Daily Caller, Newsweek and The Sun falsely reported that a 17-year-old girl from the Netherlands was legally allowed to die by euthanasia. Most of these outlets are reporting the same basic story: that Noa Pothoven, who was a survivor of both r*pe and molestation and struggled with deep psychological trauma, was allowed to access end-of-life care and died at home last week. The story is not true, according to a journalist who has been covering her case for years, but that hasn’t stopped it from spreading at lightning-speeds in the United States, especially across anti-abortion and conservative news sites that oppose assisted suicide.

Allegra

Veteran
this was on twitter moments.

i've read all the tweets about them from every journalist,

1. her request to euthanize her was rejected cuz when she asked she was 16 year-old. The status of her request remained ambiguous even after she reached 17.
2. she had anorexia (or eating disorder) and because of her wish was rejected, she refused food and drink (since early june) and died at her house a few days after.

http://www.levenseindekliniek.nl/blog/category/nieuws/
Screenshot_164.png

DevaWolf

Veteran
As a Dutchie weighing in: No she was not euthanised. Because she was too young. She died because she refused all food and drink and was already weakened from years of starving herself.
But because she made a request to be euthanized, the American media is all over it because they love to paint our laws in a bad light when it comes to this. Getting euthanized is a difficult and rare process, and she wasn't allowed to do it.