Netflix's 'Sabrina' Reboot Looks Freaky as Hell-As in literal Hell!

Dalit

Star
I do see your point on the food industry, yet is not entertainment "food" of a sort, more of food for the brain, which honestly can be worse than the food industry. Most modern day entertainment is terrible, in my opinion. It's not as intellectually stimulating as it was in the past and there are agendas being promoted. Subliminal agendas, apparently.

* Sorry that this is Alex Jones; I know he can cause strong reactions in people.

As for things that aren't Christian, I agree that they are not necessarily bad, satanic or dangerous, at least not on the surface, since the world is YHVH/God's and the fullness thereof. He made all things good. Satan came along and perverted those things. Calling on other entities other than God, especially to do one's bidding or to protect oneself, is opening oneself up to demonic influence.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Sure but there is a difference between a film like top gun that is set in a more “realistic” environment than Sabrina or Buffy. I know how the military has infiltrated Hollywood with propaganda films such as Zero Dark Thirty or American Sniper.

I just see it more as a reflection of marketing practices then pushing an agenda (other than distraction of course). There was an increase in interest in alternative religions in the 90s, backlash against the culturally corrupt and culturally conservative Reagan/Bush years, so you had shows on TV like Charmed.

Anyway if three actually is an agenda to a show like Sabrina, it’s to lure people into speculative and ultimately meaningless discussion, distracting from more important topics. Of which I am guilty for falling for.
"Anyway if three actually is an agenda to a show like Sabrina, it’s to lure people"
Your homie and you are trying to have it both ways.....
Either its EXACTLY what it appears to be, or else its just a "lure".......... gee, why would tptb produce such an elaborate and accurate, satanic program? It seems either way, the "programming" once again reveals the nature of its purpose.

Karlysymon

Superstar
You can read countless reviews online (I have), people are treating the show like just another TV show about witches and evaluating it based upon entertainment value. No one's becoming a satanist by watching it... especially since the show is so unbelievable and unrealistic. The witches in the show are supposed to follow satan except their satan is a physical goat monster who lives in a mine shaft. People see the show as fiction and fantasy, which it is. And I do personally think that it will fade out of relevance soon because the show is not even good enough to return to
Except, if you read the guardian article i posted:

"When Buffy and Charmed were at their peak, I would get letters from teenage girls, mainly from America, asking for help about where to look for spells," says Davies. "Those shows gave teenage girls a feeling of empowerment; there's something very appealing about magic and witchcraft. There have also been studies of girls who were interested in witch shows in the 1990s, following how many went on to become practising wiccans. It's not a huge number, but it's interesting that some of them watched the shows and thought, 'I want to know more'."

I think all 'entertainment' is pretty much suggestive, so it remains with the individual to take the suggestion and run with it.

mecca

Superstar
Except, if you read the guardian article i posted:

"When Buffy and Charmed were at their peak, I would get letters from teenage girls, mainly from America, asking for help about where to look for spells," says Davies. "Those shows gave teenage girls a feeling of empowerment; there's something very appealing about magic and witchcraft. There have also been studies of girls who were interested in witch shows in the 1990s, following how many went on to become practising wiccans. It's not a huge number, but it's interesting that some of them watched the shows and thought, 'I want to know more'."

I think all 'entertainment' is pretty much suggestive, so it remains with the individual to take the suggestion and run with it.
Wiccans aren't satanists. And I already agreed that it is possible for someone to become interested in a religion if they see it on TV... but I did say that it's most likely not the deciding factor of what truly drives the person to adopt that religion. They're probably adopting the religion because it resonates with them, they believe in it and it benefits their life.

Last edited:

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
So there is a new VC article which should settle the debate in this thread about just what the content of this series really is. "Mecca" and the rest are free to indulge in their penchant for wordplay by explaining how the author got it wrong.......

mecca

Superstar
So there is a new VC article which should settle the debate in this thread about just what the content of this series really is. "Mecca" and the rest are free to indulge in their penchant for wordplay by explaining how the author got it wrong.......
I’m done with this topic I’ve already clearly explained my opinion on it. I don’t know why you’re putting my name in quotes but I would appreciate it if you let this go and stopped talking about me.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I’m done with this topic I’ve already clearly explained my opinion on it. I don’t know why you’re putting my name in quotes but I would appreciate it if you let this go and stopped talking about me.
Hey, just giving you the chance to refute the author here.... you were the expert right?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
No one is an expert. We are all just giving our own perspectives.
What you posted before, throughout this entire thread, was basically a preemptive dismissal of the article now published. You likley didn't know that this article would be published but.... lucky you! Now you get to address the subject in the form of a VC article dedicated to this very topic.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
@mecca

For you, a link to the article: The Sick, Twisted Messages in “Chilling Adventures of Sabrina”

Please explain how “Chilling Adventures of Sabrina” does not promote man-hating young girls to “fight the [nonexistent] patriarchy.”

Wait a minute, your opinion makes perfect sense:

“Sabrina” promotes identity politics, feminism, and distorting traditional values—the hallmark of “mecca facts.” :p
You might be waiting for a long time for that explanation........

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
I don't really know what to write in here, you guys gotta read the text yourselves.

https://g1.globo.com/sp/sorocaba-jundiai/noticia/2019/05/10/jovem-que-torturou-e-matou-irmao-de-5-anos-fez-pesquisas-sobre-demonios-antes-do-crime-diz-policia.ghtml

TL;DR: The girl tortured and performed a black ritual on her brother.

Special attention here:

"Quando cheguei, a porta estava fechada, ela já estava estranha, estava quebrando o celular, falou que eu não era mãe dela, que era para eu ficar de joelho e disse que o nome dela era Sabrina. Estava com a voz estranha, não era ela"

Sabrina, eh?