Netflix's 'Sabrina' Reboot Looks Freaky as Hell-As in literal Hell!

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
"... we are not to attempt contact with them or anything else on the supernatural planes."

That's probably wise. To my understanding, they can see far more than we can-- so they have the advantage. It baffles me that people trust in random spirits via meditation etc.... you wont let strangers in your home-- why would you permit one in your head? o_O
Im down for meditation, just done from a rational standpoint. Its a calming way for people to get in touch with/center themselves. Even when done (properly) in group, its about the personal, not plural. However I agree, much of its focus seems to have shifted to searching for an almost "inviting" or trance like state........

Last edited:

Karlysymon

Superstar
The show is pretty irrelevant and unimportant, people will forget about it and it ultimately will not matter... it's not going to destroy anyone's life like you guys made it seem it would. I'm being pragmatic in my view, I am not going to overreact about a dumb TV show... I'm sure no one's life is going to be messed up by it.
I think you are being disingenuous about this given what this website is really about. We all get affected in one way or another by what we watch. That’s why I started this thread. Wicca is the second fastest growing religion in the West, after Islam. To what would you attribute that? What is driving people to explore Wicca as a faith option? To say that tv shows and movies play no part in this, I think is to purposefully lie. Ofcourse not everyone is going to join a coven after watching some tv show, we all respond differently to different things but influence shouldn't be underestimated.

According to Witch School, within the next decade it is very likely that Wicca will be one of the largest religions in America, and there are simply not enough teachers to handle that demand.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/oct/26/witches-cast-spell-on-culture

‘When Ryan Murphy, the creator of American Horror Story, announced that the third season of the American TV series would focus on witches, he was riding the crest of a wave. Not since the 1990s – the era of Buffy's geek goddess, Willow Rosenberg, and a scowling Fairuza Balk in The Craft – have witches been so much in demand.’

Just to remind you, Ryan Murphy was co-creator of GLEE which, along with other shows like Will and Grace, was instrumental in advancing gay rights.

I think you are being disingenuous about this given what this website is really about. We all get affected in one way or another by what we watch. That’s why I started this thread. Wicca is the second fastest growing religion in the West, after Islam. To what would you attribute that? What is driving people to explore Wicca as a faith option? To say that tv shows and movies play no part in this, I think is to purposefully lie. Ofcourse not everyone is going to join a coven after watching some tv show, we all respond differently to different things but influence shouldn't be underestimated.

According to Witch School, within the next decade it is very likely that Wicca will be one of the largest religions in America, and there are simply not enough teachers to handle that demand.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/oct/26/witches-cast-spell-on-culture

‘When Ryan Murphy, the creator of American Horror Story, announced that the third season of the American TV series would focus on witches, he was riding the crest of a wave. Not since the 1990s – the era of Buffy's geek goddess, Willow Rosenberg, and a scowling Fairuza Balk in The Craft – have witches been so much in demand.’

Just to remind you, Ryan Murphy was co-creator of GLEE which, along with other shows like Will and Grace, was instrumental in advancing gay rights.

People are exploring other religions including Wicca because the face of Christianity is the religious right and the most dominant force in America and the West. After that the most visible forms of Christianity are hate groups.

Check out #exvangelical #emptythepews #ChristianAltFacts on Twitter. People are leaving and becoming witches not because of TV shows but because of the fundamentalists themselves.

Last edited:

Karlysymon

Superstar
People are exploring other religions including Wicca because the face of Christianity is the religious right and the most dominant force in America and the West. After that the most visible forms of Christianity are hate groups.

Check out #exvangelical #emptythepews #ChristianAltFacts on Twitter. People are leaving and becoming witches not because of TV shows but because of the fundamentalists themselves.
I don't use twitter at all but you could help explain what's actually driving the boom other than blaming the Christian Right. How about people that were raised in non-religious households but have wandered into Wicca?

I don't use twitter at all but you could help explain what's actually driving the boom other than blaming the Christian Right. How about people that were raised in non-religious households but have wandered into Wicca?
Well I suggested that because it comes straight from the people who either don’t call themselves evangelicals anymore, or are non-religious or have an alternative religion. In summary it’s the obvious hypocrisy of religious right, it’s authoritarian and exclusive , anti-poor theology is leading the decline of Christianity and the interest in so called “alternatives”.

As far as why people raised in non-religious households may be attracted to Wicca? Same reason anyone else is interested in any particular religion, a sense of belonging and socialization, and they are likely smart enough to recognize that Evangelical Christianity has nothing to offer and is in fact the most dangerous threat to American freedom.

Spirituality is an evolutionary trait for most people, and I can’t blame people for looking in other directions when the perception of Christianity is a mix of greedy mega pastors, far right politicians and personalities, doomsday predictors, rural America and occasional appearances by actual Nazis and The Klan.

Last edited:

Karlysymon

Superstar
Well I suggested that because it comes straight from the people who either don’t call themselves evangelicals anymore, or are non-religious or have an alternative religion. In summary it’s the obvious hypocrisy of religious right, it’s authoritarian and exclusive , anti-poor theology is leading the decline of Christianity and the interest in so called “alternatives”.

As far as why people raised in non-religious households may be attracted to Wicca? Same reason anyone else is interested in any particular religion, a sense of belonging and socialization, and they are likely smart enough to recognize that Evangelical Christianity has nothing to offer and is in fact the most dangerous threat to American freedom.

Spirituality is an evolutionary trait for most people, and I can’t blame people for looking in other directions when the perception of Christianity is a mix of greedy mega pastors, far right politicians and personalities, doomsday predictors, rural America and occasional appearances by actual Nazis and The Klan.
I'll try and run through those hashtags and while i acknowledge that some of Christianity's problems have pushed people into Wicca and other faiths, it still doesn't explain the surging interest in teens and pre-teens, clearly a demographic that hasn't been bruised by greedy mega pastors or far right politicians. Why don't you want to acknowledge the huge influence of these tv shows and movies?

mecca

Superstar
Ofcourse not everyone is going to join a coven after watching some tv show, we all respond differently to different things but influence shouldn't be underestimated.
The show is not reflective of reality in any way. The witches in the show don't even practice wicca. If someone is attracted to wicca it will be for real personal reasons, not because of a TV show. The show is supposed to be a piece of entertainment and no one will take it seriously especially since it's not even realistic. People are exploring other religions because they are put off by the current prominent religions and thier beliefs don't align with them. The prominent abrahamic religions are pushing people away because of their fundamentalism and literalism.

Why don't you want to acknowledge the huge influence of these tv shows and movies?
If someone watched Buffy and then said hey this Wicca thing looks cool, so be it. The show wasn’t designed as a Wicca recruitment tool, and there are obviously a multitude of other factors that could drive that decision.

It’s a growing demographic so you will see it portrayed more, as advertising and a chance to make some $$$ will leave no group un-exploited.

elsbet

Superstar
The show is not reflective of reality in any way. The witches in the show don't even practice wicca. If someone is attracted to wicca it will be for real personal reasons, not because of a TV show.
Are you basing that on your own feelings, because you personally wouldn't do that?
I'm posing it as a question but I'm fairly certain the answer is "Yes."

The truth is that you have no way of knowing exactly what will attract a person to any religion.

Dalit

Star
Wicca is dangerous. Have had friends that were drawn into this. One quickly got out because God showed her that she was calling on demons to protect her and that her younger sister was watching her and considering following in her footsteps. So she called on God and her sister saw that and was spared from having to go through the pain and experimentation she went through.

With another pair of sisters, one followed her younger sister into wicca out of disillusion and disappointment with God and man, yet she had already wandered from God and into sin, unrepentant sin. Both have had nothing but broken relationships, pain and despair. Now that older sister is back in church, but we aren't close since she didn't want to keep in touch, yet sadly she has a lot of bitterness and anger with her Christian mother for remarrying so quickly after her father died. It was quick, within a year, and my theory is that the couple was seeking to honor God by marrying rather than living together and they both were near 60 and knew time was short given that they've both lost their spouses of 30+ years and found comfort in each other.

My point is that we don't live in a vacuum and that our choices affect others. People are watching all of us, being influenced for good or for ill and TV is called programming for a reason. I was really impressed by that first group of sisters since the older sister listened to God's warning for her, the revelation of the truth of what she was involved in and how she was making an impact on her own sister (maybe others, too!) and repented and returned to God. She was and still is a very impressive woman. She's over a decade younger than me and has awesome depth and maturity. She was one of many women who have been sexually abused. She had every right to be bitter and angry. She clung to God instead.

mecca

Superstar
The truth is that you have no way of knowing exactly what will attract a person to any religion.
Typically people adopt a religion because they believe in it and it resonates with them. I'm not saying it's impossible for someone to become interested in a religion because they saw it on TV, but that is most likely not the deciding factor that causes them to seek it out. And the Sabrina show in particular is not made to demonstrate the wiccan religion in the first place, they don't even practice wicca at all in the show.

The show is seen by most people as just another TV show centered around the topic of magical witches like countless others... it's completely fictional and it's really nothing special. I do think the show will eventually fade out of relevance and won't greatly impact anyone's lives.

Last edited:

elsbet

Superstar
Typically people adopt a religion because they believe in it and it resonates with them. I'm not saying it's impossible for someone to become interested in a religion because they saw it on TV, but that is most likely not the deciding factor that causes them to seek it out. And the Sabrina show in particular is not made to demonstrate the wiccan religion, they don't even practice wicca at all in the show.
It's really about influence and normalizing the occult (like so many other shows out, now).

"... because they believe in it and it resonates with them."

That is one of many reasons people get into the occult. See post by @Dalit who shows another example.

The show is seen by most people as just another TV show centered around the topic of magical witches like countless others... it's completely fictional and it's really nothing special. I do think the show will eventually fade out of relevance and won't greatly impact anyone's lives.
Soo... is that was most people have said? Or how you imagine most people would feel, because that is how you feel?

Karlysymon

Superstar
The show wasn’t designed as a Wicca recruitment tool, and there are obviously a multitude of other factors that could drive that decision.
When do you know that a show is or isn’t a recruitment tool? Unless the producers say it outright, which would be pretty rare, you simply cannot know. Are you trying to say that social engineers haven’t infiltrated Hollywood and are still sitting on their hands?

When do you know that a show is or isn’t a recruitment tool? Unless the producers say it outright, which would be pretty rare, you simply cannot know. Are you trying to say that social engineers haven’t infiltrated Hollywood and are still sitting on their hands?
Sure but there is a difference between a film like top gun that is set in a more “realistic” environment than Sabrina or Buffy. I know how the military has infiltrated Hollywood with propaganda films such as Zero Dark Thirty or American Sniper.

I just see it more as a reflection of marketing practices then pushing an agenda (other than distraction of course). There was an increase in interest in alternative religions in the 90s, backlash against the culturally corrupt and culturally conservative Reagan/Bush years, so you had shows on TV like Charmed.

Anyway if three actually is an agenda to a show like Sabrina, it’s to lure people into speculative and ultimately meaningless discussion, distracting from more important topics. Of which I am guilty for falling for.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar

If you are contending that media agendas have no effect on the present surge in occult interest and popularity (wicca included) then you are likely not being honest here. Because based on your posts, you seem far too intelligent and conscious to actually believe that.

mecca

Superstar
Soo... is that was most people have said? Or how you imagine most people would feel, because that is how you feel?
You can read countless reviews online (I have), people are treating the show like just another TV show about witches and evaluating it based upon entertainment value. No one's becoming a satanist by watching it... especially since the show is so unbelievable and unrealistic. The witches in the show are supposed to follow satan except their satan is a physical goat monster who lives in a mine shaft. People see the show as fiction and fantasy, which it is. And I do personally think that it will fade out of relevance soon because the show is not even good enough to return to.
That is one of many reasons people get into the occult. See post by @Dalit who shows another example.
The post by Dalit doesn't say anything about TV shows, she brought up personal reasons (like someone's father dying and mother remarrying) that would cause someone to be interested in a different religion... and that's exactly what I said, people will adopt a religion because of real personal reasons. She also brought up that someone was disillusioned with the Christian God, and that's another reason I pointed out as well... people are becoming disillusioned with the current prominent religions and their fundamentalism.

Dalit's post was her own opinion and it was completely anecdotal as well. It's also not even her own personal experience, she is retelling her friends' experiences according to her own perception. She said that wicca is dangerous because they call on demons, but wiccans don't worship demons or satan, that's not an aspect of their religion or beliefs. It's not really dangerous, it's just a different religion and people should be able to follow the religion that they believe in... it doesn't have to be Christianity.

Last edited:

Dalit

Star
You can read countless reviews online (I have), people are treating the show like just another TV show about witches and evaluating it based upon entertainment value. No one's becoming a satanist by watching it... especially since the show is so unbelievable and unrealistic. The witches in the show are supposed to follow satan except their satan is a physical goat monster who lives in a mine shaft. People see the show as fiction and fantasy, which it is. And I do personally think that it will fade out of relevance soon because the show is not even good enough to return to.

The post by Dalit doesn't say anything about TV shows, she brought up personal reasons (like someone's father dying and mother remarrying) that would cause someone to be interested in a different religion and that's exactly what I said, people will adopt a religion because of real personal reasons. She also brought up that someone was disillusioned with the Christian God, and that's another reason I pointed out as well... people are becoming disillusioned with the current prominent religions and their fundamentalism.

Dalit's post was her own opinion and it was completely anecdotal as well. It's also not even her own personal experience, she is retelling her friends' experiences according to her own perception. She said that wicca is dangerous because they call on demons, but wiccans don't worship demons or satan, that's not an aspect of their religion or beliefs. It's not really dangerous, it's just a different religion and people should be able to follow the religion that they believe in... it doesn't have to be Christianity.
I agree with you on it being more for personal reasons usually, yet Netflix and others, Hollywood, etc. are indeed pushing an agenda. The food industry markets hyperpalatable foods with more salt, sugar and fat than any person ever needs. Most people know this yet still buy this food because it's easy, it's convenient, and it's produced to be delicious. Hence, the obesity crisis. Not saying witchcraft is the new obesity, but if it's out there and promoted and made readily available--there's a danger there.

And, for the record, my friend, the sister who repented of wicca, was told by God that her casting protection spells was calling on demons to protect her.

mecca

Superstar
yet Netflix and others, Hollywood, etc. are indeed pushing an agenda.The food industry markets hyperpalatable foods with more salt, sugar and fat than any person ever needs. Most people know this yet still buy this food because it's easy, it's convenient, and it's produced to be delicious.
Yes obesity is a real issue caused by capitalist corporations who care more about profit than health and deliberately create addictive food products to make more money, but there's no connection to hollywood there.
but if it's out there and promoted and made readily available--there's a danger there
If someone is interested in being wiccan, they will seek that out regardless of the media... you can't force someone to prefer your religion and accept your beliefs when they do not believe in it. There is nothing wrong with being interested in a different religion, not everyone is a Christian. Things that aren't Christian are not automatically bad, satanic, or dangerous.

‘Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ underage orgy scene on Netflix marks 'troubling trend,' critics say
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/netflix-series-chilling-adventures-of-sabrina-shocks-with-underage-orgy-scene

American Horror Story: Apocalypse’s Antichrist Responds to Church of Satan’s Charges
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/11/03/ahs-apocalypse-fern-satan/
I hope it's cancelled due to lack of viewership

Speaking of - someone mentioned under one of the latest VC posts that there's this church in the United Nations - it's the only church btw, affiliated with the UN - and that it was uh...questionable... So I looked into it. Maybe VC wrote about this already - but it's literally Satanic - derived from Luciferian tenants. It's called Lucis Trust (formerly, literally - Lucifer Trust) - here's more about it Lucis Trust Info

One of the founders - Alice Bailey said: "World Citizenship should be the goal of the enlightened, with a world federation and a world brain."

A...world...brain.... :oops:

Last edited: