Netflix's 'Sabrina' Reboot Looks Freaky as Hell-As in literal Hell!

Awoken2

Superstar
Well I don't really follow the music industry or the new celebrities but the first example that popped into my head was Lil Uzi Vert. His music contained a lot of harmful messages to the young people that were his fans... there was a lot of misogyny and the glorification of drug use in his songs and videos. His fans almost worship him and they say he can do no wrong. Even after he died and bad things came out about him, his fans still act like he was perfect. He also sexually abused his girlfriend and his young fans actually excused him for that. So I do think he is an example of a truly harmful artist.
So would it be safe to assume that the only artists you see as being a risk to kids mental wellbeing are the artists that are overtly and openly obnoxious?

Don't take this the wrong way but you appear to be thinking exactly how the music industry wants you to think....and there's you saying magic spells don't work!

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
It felt very fake to me... even to the point of being humorous. And magic spells are not real so...

These are common storytelling themes. Those themes are not bad in and of themselves. It depends on how you use them. And within the context of the show, I did not necessarily see them as bad either... she was rejecting satan's authority over her, which I thought was a good thing.

I will say, that disturbed me... It was completely unnecessary. I know the actors are all adults but they are playing high schoolers so that was weird to watch.

Thanks for insulting my religion... I would never do that to you. I have never supported anything satanic or anything harmful to children. And this show was made for teens (15 and older) by the way, not little children.

Why do you keep making this personal? We can't have a disagreement without you insulting me as a person?
"It felt very fake to me... even to the point of being humorous. And magic spells are not real so..."
Except A) On this very thread posters have informed us that the imagery and incantations used in the show are VERY real. So why be dishonest there?
B) As a Muslim, you would know that magic is VERY real, thats why its HARAM. You are all over the place here mayne..........

mecca

Superstar
I accidentally wrote Lil Uzi Vert but I meant to write XXXTentacion.
So would it be safe to assume that the only artists you see as being a risk to kids mental wellbeing are the artists that are overtly and openly obnoxious?
Obnoxious? I would not consider overt misogyny and degradation of women simply "obnoxious". XXXTentacion's lyrics were filled with misogyny as well as the promotion of drug use, sex, violence, and other things of that nature. Those things are truly harmful for young people to glorify and see as cool. Like I said, his young fans practically worship him even though he is a rapist and abuser. Glorifying abuse and r*pe is not healthy for young people or anyone... it's disgusting certainly very harmful.

When the news came out that he sexually and physically abused his girlfriend, most of his fans gave him a pass on that and tried to make excuses for what he did. His young fans are learning to excuse r*pe and they now see it as something that doesn't matter. If the young fans of an artist glorify and worship that artist so much that they excuse and overlook their heinous crimes... that's a definite example of a harmful artist.

Last edited:

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I accidentally wrote Lil Uzi Vert but I meant to write XXXTentacion.

Obnoxious? I would not consider overt misogyny and degradation of women simply "obnoxious". XXXTentacion's lyrics were filled with that as well as the promotion of drug use and things of that nature. Those things are truly harmful for young people to glorify and see as cool. Like I said, his fans practically worship him even though he is a rapist and abuser. Glorifying abuse and r*pe a well as drug use is not healthy for young people or anyone.
Right. But real satanic rituals and spells, glorification of rebellion and rejection of authority, teen orgies, rejection of parents and family and etc.... promoted by some of the largest media conglomerates the world over and all available on a global streaming platform, aimed specifically at youth.... clearly not as big of a threat as a fringe rapper who had about 1 year of psuedo-buzz and aint even alive anymore......

Last edited:

Awoken2

Superstar
. XXXTentacion's lyrics were filled with that as well as the promotion of drug use and things of that nature. Those things are truly harmful for young people to glorify and see as cool.
So anyone openly promoting drug use should be seen as a bad example to kids?

Why pick some obscure artist like that?...I've never heard of them. Why not name somebody like Robbie Williams or Smiley Virus or Rihanna etc? Everybody has heard of them. They are all at it, in plain sight, and they are mainstream artists.

Awoken2

Superstar
Apparently so, if you can put some blood drenched singer on YT who's singing about getting on your knees if your naughty and intelligent people can't see this as in any way offensive then their little magic trick worked perfectly.

If you can make an unaccetable concept acceptable then you must be a bit of a magician....or am I missing something?

mecca

Superstar
Except A) On this very thread posters have informed us that the imagery and incantations used in the show are VERY real.
But can they prove that?... because I don't think that kind of magic is real at all. I don't see what the show depicted to be grounded in any sort of reality, most of the stuff that happened in the show was literally not possible in reality. A lot of It was made up. In one episode, Sabrina even went to Catholic purgatory and tried to bring someone out of it... no one even knows if purgatory is real in the first place or if someone can be brought back from it. Most of the time the witches just chanted in very bad latin... and saying something in latin doesn't make it magical.
As a Muslim, you would know that magic is VERY real, thats why its HARAM.
Muslims do not have to believe in that sort of magic. It's fake, unrealistic TV magic. Magic spells do not work in real life. The magic that took place in the show seemed to be very fake... a lot of things were just not possible. But some rituals however, did occur... and rituals can totally be real and performed in reality. I don't know if the rituals in the show are actually real though...
and there's you saying magic spells don't work!
Of course they don't... You can't "cast magic spells", that's fantasy. Harry Potter isn't real life.

Awoken2

Superstar
Of course they don't... You can't "cast magic spells", that's fantasy. Harry Potter isn't real life.
But there seems to be some magic that's worked on you, here you are, coming across as an intelligent individual, actually defending morally corrupt performers as if it's us that's defective for having a problem with it.

mecca

Superstar
But there seems to be some magic that's worked on you, here you are, coming across as an intelligent individual, actually defending morally corrupt performers as if it's us that's defective for having a problem with it.
When did I defend anyone that's morally corrupt? In fact, none of my comments have been "in defense" of anything or anyone at all. My posts are simply describing my opinion on the nature of certain pieces of content, not defending the content, or praising it either... just analyzing it rationally. I'm just describing it as I see it.

Awoken2

Superstar
When did I defend anyone that's morally corrupt? In fact, none of my comments have been "in defense" of anything or anyone at all. My posts are simply describing my opinion on the nature of certain pieces of content, not defending the content, or praising it either... just analyzing it rationally. I'm just describing it as I see it.
No you are not. You are justifying certain works as "dark humour" and minimising it's effect on the demographic it is aimed at.

Anybody who had read this thread (or the Poppy thread) can see this.

mecca

Superstar
as if it's us that's defective for having a problem with it
It has nothing to do with you, I have not called you defective. Why would you take this personally? Simply expressing my own opinion does not mean that I'm attacking you. You can disagree with me and if you want to discuss why you disagree in a civil manner, then that's fine.

If you think Poppy is for a young audience, you can provide evidence for why you think that, and I may disagree with you but I can still listen to your argument and respectfully tell you why I personally disagree with your stance. But you can't be mad at me or think I am against you just because I disagree with you. You guys can't accuse me of "supporting filth" or "defending moral corruption" just because I disagree with your personal opinion on this topic. It should not be made personal.

If you think Billie Eilish is satanic, you can offer evidence as to why you think that's true and I can offer evidence as to why I think that's false... Even though we disagree, we can have a civil discussion and address each other's points. Or we can simply agree to disagree and move on to a topic that's not so pointless.

Last edited:

mecca

Superstar
You are justifying certain works as "dark humour" and minimising it's effect on the demographic it is aimed at.
You see, you're misconstruing my argument again. I do not think it is aimed at a young demographic, as I have stated multiple times. I think it is for an older demographic who can actually understand it. I am not "justifying" it as dark humor... I truly think that Poppy is a satirical character played by Moriah Pereira and is not serious in any way. I do not take Poppy seriously and no one else does either, she is seen as a joke and a weird meme across the internet. People create crazy and elaborate theories about the storyline told in her videos, as a joke and a fun thing to think about. And most of her content, especially her recent music, is not suitable for young children... adults and teens are the ones who can watch it and understand it.

Notice how I have not made any claims about you or what you believe. You guys keep making this about me by trying to tell me what I believe, how I think, and what I support. You keep saying I am attempting to "excuse" or "justify" or "support" something negative or harmful... but I've already told you that I am certainly not. I do not support anything that is harmful, I am simply giving my opinion regarding certain pieces of content.

For example, when I say something like "Poppy is a character" you guys respond with "You are promoting and supporting satanist indoctrination of the youth"... Instead of telling me why you disagree with Poppy being a character, you turn it into a personal attack against my personality and character and completely misconstrue my initial claim. I have not done this to any of you. I don't tell you what you believe or what your own intentions are. I directly address your claims regarding the topic and I do not not veer into personal attacks neither do I attempt to tell you what you think. I don't talk about you because it's not about you... we are supposed to be discussing the content. All of my comments are expressing my opinions on the topic and nothing else.

Last edited:

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
But can they prove that?... because I don't think that kind of magic is real at all. I don't see what the show depicted to be grounded in any sort of reality, most of the stuff that happened in the show was literally not possible in reality. A lot of It was made up. In one episode, Sabrina even went to Catholic purgatory and tried to bring someone out of it... no one even knows if purgatory is real in the first place or if someone can be brought back from it. Most of the time the witches just chanted in very bad latin... and saying something in latin doesn't make it magical.

Muslims do not have to believe in that sort of magic. It's fake, unrealistic TV magic. Magic spells do not work in real life. The magic that took place in the show seemed to be very fake... a lot of things were just not possible. But some rituals however, did occur... and rituals can totally be real and performed in reality. I don't know if the rituals in the show are actually real though...

The imagery and words from the small samples I have seen are accurate, actual spells. So weather you feel the magic is "real" or not, these are authentic rituals being performed, with the clear intention of indoctrinating the youth whom see/hear it.

Muslims most certainly DO believe in black magic.... thats why its commanded to stay as far away from it as possible, even "white" magic for that matter because they are both of the same nature. At the least, these activities are opening the person up for influence and contact with the supernatural world..... at worst? I think we all have a pretty good idea of what that could look like.

Are you a born-and-bred Muslim or a convert? It sounds as though you are either not actually a Muslim or someone who doesn't know/care much about the faith. To say magic isn't real is just stunning. I dont think you and I need to interact anymore so have fun with your weird interpretations of a faith I am not sure you are even a practitioner of.

Awoken2

Superstar
Magic spells do not work in real life
I don't think you have enough life experience to make this statement to be honest.

You try telling a high ranking Free Mason magic doesn't work.

Try watching this, it's about the magic dept

....granted some of the finis temporis content is a bit of a strech.

Last edited:

elsbet

Superstar
EDIT Such drama-- :rolleyes:

As for magic-- there are thousands of years of beliefs, religions and documentation that say otherwise.

Most of it, whether real or not, is associated with evil, bloodletting and plenty of violent death. So even if the "results" are missing, one cannot argue that the practices are *very* real... and none are what anyone would call good.

You're certainly welcome to your (unfounded) opinion, though.

Last edited:

elsbet

Superstar
If magic dont work and it aint haram in Islam, how do we reconcile this?
I listened to this on the way home, this evening. I still cant get past the idea of "good jinn." A little excerpt I read (elsewhere) said Jinn are made of fire, people are made of earth-- and maybe something else is made of air and another of water? Idk but it sounds like elemental spirits.

Are you permitted / encouraged to interact with the 'good jinn" or no?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
I listened to this on the way home, this evening. I still cant get past the idea of "good jinn." A little excerpt I read (elsewhere) said Jinn are made of fire, people are made of earth-- and maybe something else is made of air and another of water? Idk but it sounds like elemental spirits.

Are you permitted / encouraged to interact with the 'good jinn" or no?
Yes, there are good and evil jinn.... they are one of the sentient creations of the Lord and some surely have the free will to do good or evil. But its my understanding that the "good" jinn dont/cant interact with most humans anyway.... they are reading scripture or doing whatever they do in their own plane of existence.
However, it is also my understanding that jinn are not allowed to interact with humans without our reaching out to them so they are not much of an issue for Muslims who dont seek out contact with them. And its also my understanding that we are not to attempt contact with them or anything else on the supernatural planes.

elsbet

Superstar
Yes, there are good and evil jinn.... they are one of the sentient creations of the Lord and some surely have the free will to do good or evil. But its my understanding that the "good" jinn dont/cant interact with most humans anyway.... they are reading scripture or doing whatever they do in their own plane of existence.
However, it is also my understanding that jinn are not allowed to interact with humans without our reaching out to them so they are not much of an issue for Muslims who dont seek out contact with them. And its also my understanding that we are not to attempt contact with them or anything else on the supernatural planes.
"... we are not to attempt contact with them or anything else on the supernatural planes."

That's probably wise. To my understanding, they can see far more than we can-- so they have the advantage. It baffles me that people trust in random spirits via meditation etc.... you wont let strangers in your home-- why would you permit one in your head? o_O