Nephilim Giants - Enemies Of God In The Bible

Camidria

Veteran
However, this requires you to accept the book of Enoch as more than a work of fiction doesn't it? to me, some of the themes of Enoch are just not in agreement with the Bible, and the types and symbols don't match (like the book of Mormon) which disqualifies it from any status of worthy to study from. Do you accept it as God-breathed?
I've only read snippets of the book, and I agree with those parts. I don't believe it is God breathed, but I do believe that Enoch wrote it. The parts that I have read was in agreement with the Bible, however I haven’t seen the parts you have mentioned that are in disagreement. What are the themes you speak of that is in disagreement with the Bible?

Reactions: vil

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
However, this requires you to accept the book of Enoch as more than a work of fiction doesn't it? to me, some of the themes of Enoch are just not in agreement with the Bible, and the types and symbols don't match (like the book of Mormon) which disqualifies it from any status of worthy to study from. Do you accept it as God-breathed?
I think there are details added by Enoch but the basic narrative is in Genesis 6, continuing through the Book of Judges etc... I have never bothered to read Enoch to make any intelligent comment on it!!

a son of God

Rookie
Interesting discussion. Looks like corrupt DNA was allowed on the ark since Ham is the father of the Canaanites (not fallen angels). Why? One thing for sure we know it did not catch God off guard or surprise him. He knows the end from the beginning. The giants ended up being useful in testing the Israelites when they left bondage.

I think it useful to keep the BIG picture in mind, God knew all of this would happen since Christ was crucified BEFORE the foundation of the world. Why let it all happen? Seems there was no other way to deal with sin (there will come a time when there will be no more sin) except to let it run its course. This is a messy but necessary procedure and God saw that the end (Him living with his people who choose Him and reject sin) was worth the procedure to get there. When we are on the New Earth, there will be no sin .... not because we will be robots or be incapable of sin, it will be because we CHOOSE not to sin. We will have seen sin and it's results and we will say "NEVER AGAIN!"

These giants in the land of Canaan play a role in that lesson. God knows what he is doing.

Mr.Grieves

Veteran
nteresting discussion. Looks like corrupt DNA was allowed on the ark since Ham is the father of the Canaanites (not fallen angels).
It's strange to see the religious injecting contradictory scientific jargon into their beliefs about mythical beings... how the 'DNA' of mythical giants found its way onto Noah's ark, impacting the development of man through a process humorously reminiscent of but that I presume will never be called evolution.
It's really revealing so far as the 'pick and choose' mentality is concerned; a willingness to indulge scientific discovery to the extent that it can serve one's purpose/reinforce one's beliefs, but not an inch further when the very same field of scientific discovery calls one's beliefs into question.

a son of God

Rookie
It's strange to see the religious injecting contradictory scientific jargon into their beliefs about mythical beings...

Well you are correct, I am 'religious', I believe in God and that life is here on purpose and for a purpose. What I don't believe in is that evolution (life from non-life) is scientific.

Mr.Grieves

Veteran
Well you are correct, I am 'religious', I believe in God and that life is here on purpose and for a purpose. What I don't believe in is that evolution (life from non-life) is scientific.
The inception of life is one thing, the evolution of life something else entirely. Evolutionary theory can't explain how life first came about, and doesn't attempt too. That remains a scientific mystery, and if you want to say 'well God did it!' that's fine, and I certainly can't disprove that, albeit I have powerful-strong doubts. Evolutionary theory is about the changes and developments organisms undergo over hundreds, thousands, millions of years of reproduction, passing on traits and growing in complexity as their genetic history grows more and more robust, passing on and increasing the breadth of their DNA. I find it odd and humorous that people who in one breath would adamantly deny any relationship between humanity and primates through our DNA would go on to theorize about a relationship between humanity and mythical bible-giants through our DNA. It's interesting, and a bit of a head-scratcher.

Also, just so far as using the site goes, if you want to quote someone in the fancy and official way that lets them know you've quoted them, you can highlight the pertinent section of their post and wait for a 'reply' button to appear. Click that and it will code the fancy quote right into your post.

a son of God

Rookie
Evolutionary theory can't explain how life first came about, and doesn't attempt too.
Thanks for the tip on highlighting text.
That's a pretty big 'missing link'.
Similarities could be evidence of a common designer.
I believe God created life, the Bible is his word, Sodom and Gomorrah, the Red Sea crossing, a judgement day to come, and a hope of eternity with Him .... all of it.
Seems the only hope an atheist has is the hope that he is right.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The inception of life is one thing, the evolution of life something else entirely. Evolutionary theory can't explain how life first came about, and doesn't attempt too. That remains a scientific mystery, and if you want to say 'well God did it!' that's fine, and I certainly can't disprove that, albeit I have powerful-strong doubts. Evolutionary theory is about the changes and developments organisms undergo over hundreds, thousands, millions of years of reproduction, passing on traits and growing in complexity as their genetic history grows more and more robust, passing on and increasing the breadth of their DNA. I find it odd and humorous that people who in one breath would adamantly deny any relationship between humanity and primates through our DNA would go on to theorize about a relationship between humanity and mythical bible-giants through our DNA. It's interesting, and a bit of a head-scratcher.

Also, just so far as using the site goes, if you want to quote someone in the fancy and official way that lets them know you've quoted them, you can highlight the pertinent section of their post and wait for a 'reply' button to appear. Click that and it will code the fancy quote right into your post.
I understand the evolutionary narrative pretty well, and have studied the subject to degree level.

Have you given much thought to the difficulties presented to the neo-Darwinian model by the metamorphosis of caterpillars to butterflies? Just wondering...

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
When I was a science teacher we were given a mnemonic with which to teach (and indoctrinate) the kids...

Very - variation
Clever - competition
Scientists - survive
Really - reproduce
Get - genes
Evolution

I remember making a note of my somewhat scathing response to this on my phone a little while before leaving the profession...

Vain
Conceited
Sinners
Reject
Gods
Existence

Valerian

Rookie
There is literally no such thing as fallen angels.

angels dont have the power to disobey or go against God's will. It's like trying to make a calculator make you dinner, its not gonna happen. It's not programmed too.

Large humans once existed on earth and they abused their power and god destroyed them. Why did god create 2 types of humans? We dont know.

But angels never go against god's will, they literally cant because they arent programmed too have that thought process the way humans and jinns can.

mecca

Superstar
Scientists would tell us jinn don't exist but they do. That's just how it goes
But giants would have lived on this planet and there would have been remains if they were real. We have remains of dinosaurs even though they are gone now. We can't see jinn and they don't have physical bodies here either so they can't be disproven.