Need a quote to engrave into a compass

Sunkist

Hey everyone, I feel like this is a great place to find a great quote from deep thinkers! I'm giving a compass as a gift to my brother who is very deep and thoughtful, and I'd like to find a great quote to have engraved on it but I can't quite find the right one. A little about him: he recently started traveling and is waking up to this new side of himself. He wants to see the world, is tired of big city life, politics, agendas, and wants a simpler, more contemplative existence. He loves music (guitar) and good story-telling, went to film school and truly loves the art of film making. He loves Mark Twain, classical piano music, writing, philosophy, and asking big questions. He's a deep thinker and loves a good rabbit hole. He's fallen in love with seeing new places and I'd like to put an inspirational quote that's not overused if possible. He loves thoughtful gifts. Last year I wrote out his birthday card in the form of a screenplay and he really loves stuff like that...I'm just having such a time choosing a quote. I've read through a lot of Mark Twain's quotes and while I love them, none of them grab me for a compass. Is there a great quote from a great movie that would fit (I don't watch movies)? I'm asking here bc he's not naive about the film industry but truly wants to be an artistic voice showing us his world through film. I love that and want to make this a special gift. Please help!

There are 48 pages of quotes in this thread if you're interested:

polymoog

Superstar
if it is being engraved on the back, you can write, "to use, please turn compass over." im joking.

some practical ones for you that should fit on the back:

“Some beautiful paths can't be discovered without getting lost.”
― Erol Ozan

“Sometimes being lost is the best way to find yourself.”
― LJ Vanier, Ether: Into the Nemesis

“Getting lost is part of getting there.”
― Marty Rubin

''wherever you go, you take yourself with you, and you will always find yourself.''

Sunkist

There are 48 pages of quotes in this thread if you're interested:

Thank you! I somehow missed that there was already a thread of quotes. I still can't decide!!!

Cintra

Star
sounds like something from a fortune cookie.
Lol!
It is from 'Little, Big' by John Crowley.

I liked it, but now every time I read it I will think 'fortune cookie...'

I am glad I didn't get it as a tattoo...