near-death experiences (NDEs)

One thing I like about Eastern religions is the emphasis on "experience" as opposed to Western "belief" or having "faith". Also, the goals are different. But, all religions are drenched in mythology and literal interpretations are rampant in both east & west.

Quite true.

The textbook definition of term/word 'know' supersedes the textbook definition of the term 'believe'.

Probably, that is why the phrase 'Temet Nosce' i.e. 'Know ThySelf' was quintessentially coined by Socrates instead of the phrase(s) akin Believe Yourself or 'Believe in yourself'.

Believe in yourself, was/is thoroughly propagated by the elite controlled MSM and their 'soul sold' minions/presstitutes (pardon the language).

Experiencing, feeling, going practical, knowing et. al. are a superset(A). Inside of this superset lies the subset(B) with believe, faith, theory, et. al. entities.

The superset encompasses the subset nonetheless.

SupersetEncompassesSubset.png

Albeit I would disagree on the east vs west part, now (in this day and age).

West, as I can analyse, has caught up significantly and has accelerated the acceptance of above-mentioned superset as well, as we speak. Yourself is an example, Sire.

Edit(Add):- And similarly, East isn't 'entirely' drenched in the Superset A. There are definitely enormous chunks of alive human beings in the East as well who are merely wiggling inside the subset B.

Last edited:

A Freeman

Superstar
IF people would read the texts from our EXTRATERRESTRIAL Creator that have been provided in both the East and the West, FREE from the religious superstitions that have been built up around them (in the form of corporate fictional organized religions), they would see that exactly the same messages have been repeatedly sent throughout those texts, in different forms.

A few examples would be reincarnation, which is an irrefutable fact, discipline and daily crucifixion/destruction of the ego "self", perfect karma/just desserts/sowing and reaping, and the loving of one's neighbour as much or more than one's self.

Reincarnation

The Holy Bible:

Genesis 49:1 And Jacob called unto his sons, and said, Gather yourselves together, that I may tell YOU [that] which SHALL befall YOU in THE LAST DAYS.

Deuteronomy 31:29 For I know that after my death ye will utterly corrupt [yourselves], and turn aside from The Way which I have commanded you; and evil will befall YOU in THE LATTER DAYS; because ye will do evil in the sight of the "I AM", to provoke Him to anger through the work of your hands.

Luke 8:52-55
8:52 And all wept, and bewailed her: but he said, Weep not; she is not dead, but sleepeth.
8:53 And they laughed him to scorn, knowing that she was dead.
8:54 And he put them all out, and took her by the hand, and called, saying, Maid, arise.
8:55 And her spirit came again, and she arose straightway: and he commanded to give her meat.

John 9:1-3
9:1 And as [Jesus] passed by, he saw a man which was blind from [his] birth. (re-incarnation)
9:2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did SIN, THIS MAN, or his parents, that he was BORN blind?
9:3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him (punishment for his sins in a previous lifetime -- perfect karma -- Gal. 6:7).

The Holy Koran/Quran:

Sura 2:28. How can ye reject the faith in God?- seeing that ye were without life, and He gave you life; then will He cause you to die, and will AGAIN bring you to life; and AGAIN to Him will ye return.

Sura 2:53-56
2:53. And remember We gave Moses the Scripture and the Criterion (Between right and wrong [The Torah]): there was a chance for you to be guided aright.
2:54. And remember Moses said to his people: "O my people! Ye have indeed wronged yourselves by your worship of the calf: so turn (in repentance) to your Maker, and slay yourselves (the wrong-doers); that will be better for you in the sight of your Maker." Then He turned towards you (in forgiveness): for He is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful.
2:55. And remember ye said: "O Moses! We shall never believe in thee until we see God manifestly," but ye were dazed with thunder and lighting even as ye looked on.
2:56. Then We raised you up after your death (re-incarnation): ye had the opportunity to be grateful.

Sura 2:154-157
2:154. And say NOT of those who are slain in The Way of God: "They are dead." Nay, they are living, though ye perceive (it) not (re-incarnation).
2:155. Be sure We shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods or lives or the fruits (of your toil), but [We] give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere,-
2:156. Who say, when afflicted with calamity: "To God we belong, and to Him is our return":-
2:157. They are those on whom (descend) blessings from God, and Mercy, and they are the ones that receive Guidance.

The Bhagavad Gita

CHAPTER TWO: Contents of the Gītā Summarized

2:20 For the soul there is never (human) birth nor death. Nor, having once been, does he ever cease to be (John 9:1-3). He is unborn, eternal, ever-existing, undying and primeval. He is not slain when the body is slain (Matt. 10:28).

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: The Divisions of Faith
17:28 But sacrifices, austerities and charities performed without faith in the Supreme are nonpermanent (Matt. 6:19-21, Sura 2:212), O son of Pṛthā, regardless of whatever rites are performed. They are called asat and are useless both in this life and the next.

The Diamond Sutra

Chapter 16. Purgation of Bad Karma

"Furthermore, Subhuti, if a good man or good woman who accepts, upholds, reads or recites this Sutra is disdained or slandered, if they are despised or insulted, it means that in prior lives they committed evil acts and as a result are now suffering the fruits of their actions (Gal. 6:7). When their prior life's evil acts have finally been dissolved and extinguished (Gen. 49:1, John 9:1-3, Sura 2:28, 27:67), he or she will attain the supreme clarity of the most fulfilled, and awakened mind.

Discipline/Self-Sacrifice/Crucifixion of Ego/Self

The Holy Bible:

Matthew 10:37-38
10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter (or anyone or anything) more than me is not worthy of me.
10:38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Luke 9:23 And he said to [them] all, If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Galatians 2:20 My "Self" is crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I (the "Self"), but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

The Holy Koran/Quran:

Sura 6:162. Say: "Truly, my prayer and my (daily) service of "Self" sacrifice (Luke 9:23; 14:26-27), my life (of selflessness) and my death (to "Self"), are (all) for "I AM", the Cherisher of the Worlds:

Sura 92:18-21
92:18. Those who spend their wealth for increase in "self"-purification,
92:19. And have in their minds no favour to anyone for which a reward is expected in return,
92:20. But only the desire to seek for the Countenance of their Lord Most High;
92:21. And soon will they attain (complete) satisfaction.

The Bhagavad Gita

CHAPTER 3: Karma-Yoga

3:10 In the beginning of creation, the Lord of all creatures sent forth generations of men and demigods (spirit-Beings/Prophets – Amos 3:7, Rev. 10:7), along with sacrifices for Viṣṇu (“self” sacrifce – Luke 9:23, Gal. 2:20, Sura 6:162), and blessed them by saying, "Be thou happy by this yajña [sacrifice] because its performance will bestow upon you all desirable things (Exod. 12:25-27)."

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: Conclusion—The Perfection of Renunciation
18:66 ABANDON ALL VARIETIES OF RELIGION (Enoch 104:8, Jer. 23:1-6, Ezek. 34:1-10, 23, Matt. 6:5-8, Matt. 7:21-27, Acts 7:48, Acts 17:24, Rev. 2:20-23, Rev. 18:4, Sura 7:55, Sura 9:107-111) and just surrender unto Me (Matt. 23:8-10, Luke 9:23, John 10:7-11, 1 Tim. 2:5, Heb. 6:20, Sura 3:45-55, Sura 43:61). I shall deliver you from all sinful reaction (John 1:29, Rev. 1:5). Do not fear (1 John 4:18).

The Diamond Sutra

Chapter 6. Awaken Faith

"Subhuti, any person who awakens faith upon hearing the words or phrases of this Sutra will accumulate countless blessings and merit (Deut. 28:1-14).

"How do I know this? Because this person must have discarded all arbitrary notions of the existence of a personal self (Luke 9:23, Sura 6:162), of other people, or of a universal self. Otherwise their minds would still grasp after such relative conceptions. Furthermore, these people must have already discarded all arbitrary notions of the non-existence of a personal self, other people, or a universal self. Otherwise, their minds would still be grasping at such notions. Therefore anyone who seeks total Enlightenment should discard not only all conceptions of their own selfhood, of other selves, or of a universal self, but they should also discard all notions of the non-existence of such concepts.

Chapter 17. All Dharmas Are Non-Dharmas
"Subhuti, a good son or daughter who wants to give rise to the highest, most fulfilled, and awakened mind must create this resolved attitude of mind: 'I must help to lead all beings to the shore of awakening, but, after these beings have become liberated, in truth I know that not even a single being has been liberated (John 3:13).' Why is this so? If a disciple cherishes the idea of a self, a person, a living being or a universal self, then that person is not an authentic disciple (Matt. 10:37-38, Mark 8:34, Luke 9:23, Luke 14:26-27, Gal. 2:20, Sura 6:162, Sura 92:18-21). Why? Because in fact there is no independently existing object of mind called the highest, most fulfilled, and awakened mind (Eph. 5:14).

Last edited:

A Freeman

Superstar
Perfect Karma/Just Desserts/Sowing and Reaping

The Holy Bible:

Exodus 20:3-6
20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before Me.
20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee ANY graven image, or ANY likeness [of ANY thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth [neither shalt thou possess them if others make them]:
20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the "I AM" thy God [am] a jealous God, VISITING THE INIQUITY OF THE FATHERS UPON THE CHILDREN UNTO THE THIRD AND FOURTH [GENERATION] OF THEM THAT HATE [OR DISOBEY] ME;
20:6 And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love [and obey] Me, and KEEP My Commandments.

Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, THAT shall he also reap.

The Holy Koran/Quran:

Sura 2:15. God will throw back their mockery on them (Gal. 6:7), and give them rope in their trespasses; so they will wander like blind ones (to and fro).

Sura 2:272. It is not required of thee (O Messenger), to set them on the right path, but God sets on The Straight Way whom He pleaseth. Whatever of good ye give benefits your own souls, and ye shall only do so seeking the "Face" of God. Whatever good ye give, shall be rendered back to you (Karma - Sowing and Reaping - Gal. 6:7), and ye shall not be dealt with unjustly.

The Bhagavad Gita

CHAPTER 8: Attaining the Supreme

8:3 The Supreme Lord said, The indestructible, transcendental living entity is called Brahman (a Spirit-Being – Gen. 2:7), and his eternal nature is called the “self” (the ego). Action pertaining to the development of these material bodies is called karma (Gal. 6:7), or fruitive activities.

The Diamond Sutra

Chapter 16. Purgation of Bad Karma

"Furthermore, Subhuti, if a good man or good woman who accepts, upholds, reads or recites this Sutra is disdained or slandered, if they are despised or insulted, it means that in prior lives they committed evil acts and as a result are now suffering the fruits of their actions (Gal. 6:7). When their prior life's evil acts have finally been dissolved and extinguished (Gen. 49:1, John 9:1-3, Sura 2:28, 27:67), he or she will attain the supreme clarity of the most fulfilled, and awakened mind.

Loving Our Neighbours
(next door or on the other side of the world, and everyone in between)

The Holy Bible:

Leviticus 19:18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I [am] the "I AM".

Mark 12:31 And the second [is] like, [namely] this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other COMMANDment greater than these.

The Holy Koran/Quran:

Sura 2:177. It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces towards East or West, but it is Righteousness- to believe God and in The Last Day, and the Angels, and The Book, and the Messengers to spend of your substance, out of love for Him, for your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves; to be steadfast in prayer, and practice regular charity; to fulfill the contracts which ye have made; and to be firm and patient, in pain (or suffering) and adversity, and throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth, the God-fearing.

Sura 33:6. The Prophet (Moses) is closer to the Believers than their own "selves", and his wives are their mothers. Blood-relations among each other have closer personal ties, in the Decree of "I AM", than (the Brotherhood of) Believers and Emigrants: nevertheless do ye what is just to your neighbours (Lev. 19:18, Mark 12:31): such is the writing in the Decree (of "I AM").

The Bhagavad Gita

CHAPTER 6
: Sāṅkhya-yoga
6:9 A person is said to be still further advanced when he regards all—the honest well-wisher, friends and enemies, the envious, the pious, the sinner and those who are indifferent and impartial-with an equal mind (Deut. 16:19, Mark 12:31).

The Diamond Sutra

Chapter 4. Unattached Practice of Charity

"Well, Subhuti, the same is true of the merit of the disciple who practices compassion and charity without any attachment to appearances (Lev. 19:18, Mark 12:31), without cherishing any idea of form (Deut. 6:18). It is impossible to measure the merit they will accrue. Subhuti, my disciples should let their minds absorb and dwell in the teachings I have just given."

Last edited:

Alanantic

Star
Albeit I would disagree on the east vs west part, now (in this day and age).
I have 2 Christian sisters who are convinced I'm going to hell and all my eastern mumbo jumbo spells my doom. Mostly, I'm just ignored. Big divide, there. They're content in their delusions. Mine disturbed me too much. Ha!

I have 2 Christian sisters who are convinced I'm going to hell and all my eastern mumbo jumbo spells my doom. Mostly, I'm just ignored. Big divide, there. They're content in their delusions. Mine disturbed me too much. Ha!
Lol.
Regardless of how much we fight and disagree though, siblings always remain an important part of our lives ❤

gettingedu

Established
Reincarnation was in the Bible once but it got removed. The only thing that makes sense when you consider a final judgement, is that you are judged for multiple lives and not just one. This solves the problem of people dying when they are a baby, or had really bad luck. Your soul adapts and new lessons are learned everytime you die so you get several chances to make it right.
Bible says it is appointed once for a man to die and after judgement, it’s in Hebrew. What your saying does not line up with the word of God.

As my relative gets ready to bury their last remaining parent this week, I know their grief is real and they're doing what they can to live life without them. However, while I know they're probably not ready to listen or read any of this, I've sent them both to let them know this isn't all their is. As A Freeman has mentioned, we mourn for ourselves as our souls are eternal. These two compelling stories seem to prove that. What's fascinating is both of their accounts were life changing and for the better:

I Died And Was Give A Second Chance By Jesus | Near Death Experience | NDE

Another worthy article found on Epoch Times:

"Depressed Woman Dies on Operating Table, Sees Heaven and Future Events, Returns to Life a New Person
Tricia Barker was depressed. She was 21 years old, in college studying English, unsure what career would follow, and generally feeling that life was hopeless and painful. She tried to take her own life by washing a handful of pills down with alcohol.
She woke up 36 hours later still in her own room. She didn’t tell anyone she had attempted suicide, but decided to move forward with her life. As a symbol of getting her life back on track, she started training for a 10 km race.
On the way to the race, she had a terrible car accident.

After her suicide attempt, Barker trained to run a 10 km race as a way to recover from deep depression. After weeks of training, she was on her way to run the race when she had a head-on collision. Her back was broken in several places, she couldn’t feel her legs, and she had internal injuries. Without health insurance, it took nearly 20 hours to find a surgeon who would operate on her. She spent those 20 hours lying in the hospital without painkillers or any relief.
Finally on the operating table, Barker was anesthetized.
Epoch Times Photo
(Illustration – Panumas Yanuthai/Shutterstock)
In an instant, her spirit left her body.

“The anesthesiologist put the mask over me and then I was out of my body,” she said, snapping her fingers to show how quickly it happened.
“At the time, I was agnostic and so I was so shocked the spirit goes on. I wanted to pop back in my body, wake up, and tell all my friends, ‘Hey, we do go on!’” she recounted in a video she made, sharing her experience.
She saw her own body on the table, with her back opened up and blood everywhere. Two angels came to her and calmed her. She saw them send light through the surgeons and into her body.
At that moment, she knew the surgeons would be able to remove the debris from her back and she would walk again.
But that’s when she saw the monitor flatline.
While her body lay there dead, she visited her loved ones and saw events that were later verified to have really happened.

Distressed at seeing her body there dead, unsure how the doctors could revive her, she didn’t want to view the scene any longer. With that thought, she was instantly in the hallway.
Epoch Times Photo
(Illustration – Syda Productions/Shutterstock)
This is where something happened that has made her case of great interest to near-death experience (NDE) researchers. She saw her stepfather, a health nut who would never touch sweets, getting a candy bar from a vending machine in the hallway of the hospital and eating it. This was later verified to have really happened.
Such an event is called a “veridical perception.” Veridical perceptions are observations a person remembers from an out-of-body experience that can be independently verified. These are things that they could not have known through ordinary means.
Some scientists, like neurologist Kevin Nelson at the University of Kentucky, try to explain NDEs as processes in the brain similar to those that occur when a person dreams or suddenly loses oxygen.
Scientists have tried to explain NDEs as processes in the brain, but Dr. Jan Holden says none of those explanations can account for the phenomenon.

Yet Dr. Jan Holden, a professor at the University of North Texas and a long-time NDE researcher, has identified about 100 cases of veridical perception. She has determined through her examination of hundreds of NDE cases that this common phenomenon cannot be explained through the kind of ordinary processes proposed by Nelson.
Jan Holden
Jan Holden speaks at the IANDS 2014 Conference on Aug. 29, 2014. (Tara MacIsaac/Epoch Times)
“Any material explanation that’s been attempted doesn’t account for some of the things that happen in NDEs,” Holden said in a recorded lecture she gave to present her book, “The Handbook of Near-Death Experiences.” “None of those models can explain how Tricia knew that her stepfather was vending a candy bar while she was unconscious and flatlined in the surgical room.”
Barker’s is one of the many NDE cases Holden has investigated.
One in five people who have a brush with death have an out-of-body experience.

Holden has found that about one out of every five people who have a brush with death have a similarly profound out-of-body experience. Many people don’t discuss them openly, for fear of ridicule. Some NDEers have even been put in psychiatric care because of talking about their experiences.
But Holden has found that the mental health of NDEers reflects that of the population at large. These people are as sane and rational as anyone else. The impacts of these experiences are vastly positive. About 90 percent of people who have an NDE find it a pleasant experience, and many of them come back happier and with a strong sense of purpose.
“I had never felt any love like that — a mom’s love, romantic love, nothing could compare.”

Barker’s experience didn’t end with the candy bar. She heard the silent prayers of her mother, her aunt, and others. When she heard the sorrow in her family’s prayers, she almost wanted to go back. But a light beckoned. “The light was so incredible, I had never felt any love like that — a mom’s love, romantic love, nothing could compare,” she recalled.
She found herself in a field more real and beautiful than anything on Earth. Her grandfather, who had already died, was there with her.
Epoch Times Photo
(Illustration – Belight/Shutterstock)
Then she saw hundreds of lights, and she knew that each represented a future student of hers. She knew she should be a teacher; that would be her career path. Not only would she teach English, but she would teach others about what she had experienced in death.
She felt what it was like to be on the receiving end of her actions, what impact she had on others.

The past as well as the future flashed before her. It wasn’t necessarily the major events or relationships in her life that were emphasized, but rather her interactions with people who had played small roles. There were people she didn’t connect with because she thought they were different from her, but she saw that they had prayed for her and worried about her when she was depressed.
She was able to feel and see how her actions toward others impacted them. Holden said this is a common experience during NDEs. It often makes NDEers more committed to considering others in their actions, because they know that at the end of their lives they will have to experience again all of the feelings they cause in others.
She felt that the angels and God did not judge her negatively for the things she had done.

Although Barker felt remorse for some of her actions, she felt that the angels and God did not judge her negatively for the things she had done. They felt sad for some of the choices she made, but they didn’t judge her in a bad way. They just wanted what was best for her.
She saw that when she attempted suicide she had multiple paths around her she could have taken instead. She could have reached out to people around her.
Epoch Times Photo
(The Epoch Times)
She saw that the main choice she should have made was to be good to herself, to treasure herself, and treat herself with compassion. “When you believe you are worthy of your own love, you start creating a life around you that is so much better,” she said.
Though it was hard for her to see her mistakes in life, the overall experience was immensely joyful. She didn’t want to return to her body, but was told by God that she had to come back. She would help others understand that there is an afterlife and would help people let go of their fear.
Her body felt like a costume, as she realized it was just something her eternal soul would wear for a relatively short time on Earth.

When she slipped back into her body, she felt so limited after her transcendent experience. Her body felt like a “costume,” and at first, she spoke of herself in the third person, like “Tricia Barker” was just a limited incarnation of her eternal being.
Barker recovered from her back injuries, as she had seen she would during her out-of-body experience. Just one year later, she ran the 10 km race. Not only did it symbolize her recovery after attempted suicide, but also her vitality after a near-death experience that changed her profoundly.
Share your stories with us at emg.inspired@epochtimes.com, and continue to get your daily dose of inspiration by signing up for the Inspired newsletter at TheEpochTimes.com/newsletter"

(source)

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@Orwell's mentor

You know I believe in NDEs too, but the person in the description above appears to have had what she primarily interprets as an “angel encounter” and has come back with more theology in common with the spiritualist church than Christianity.

The warning of Galatians 1 is inescapable…

7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

@Orwell's mentor

You know I believe in NDEs too, but the person in the description above appears to have had what she primarily interprets as an “angel encounter” and has come back with more theology in common with the spiritualist church than Christianity.

The warning of Galatians 1 is inescapable…

7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
The thread is about NDE's, NOT mainstream Christianity, hence, the reason I posted the story.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
That's a start.
I have heard a lot of perspectives over the years @Alanantic

Here’s two on the Tree of Life. You might guess which one I find more compelling!

We’ve got to get ourselves back to the garden…

25 For I know that my Redeemer lives,
And He shall stand at last on the earth; 26 And after my skin is destroyed, this I know,
That in my flesh I shall see God, 27 Whom I shall see for myself, And my eyes shall behold, and not another. How my heart yearns within me! ~ Job 19

Last edited:

Alanantic

Star
We can all remember a different time
When everything was said and done in rhyme.
In our hearts we sang a joyful tune.
Let us all go back there really soon!
Or have I lost you to this crazy place
Where even angels fall in soiled disgrace?
Well, I don't know...

I have heard a lot of perspectives over the years @Alanantic

Here’s two on the Tree of Life. You might guess which one I find more compelling!

We’ve got to get ourselves back to the garden…

25 For I know that my Redeemer lives,
And He shall stand at last on the earth; 26 And after my skin is destroyed, this I know,
That in my flesh I shall see God, 27 Whom I shall see for myself, And my eyes shall behold, and not another. How my heart yearns within me! ~ Job 19

You should learn a thing or two about your "buddy" Amir. It's in the video I posted some time ago, which I'm sure no one here has watched,

But as I've always professed, people can follow and believe whomever or whatever they want. I'm not here to change minds, as I'm looking for some engaging and interesting conversation. This seems to be a rarity these days as many have left these boards, but I honestly can't blame them.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
You should learn a thing or two about your "buddy" Amir. It's in the video I posted some time ago, which I'm sure no one here has watched,

But as I've always professed, people can follow and believe whomever or whatever they want. I'm not here to change minds, as I'm looking for some engaging and interesting conversation. This seems to be a rarity these days as many have left these boards, but I honestly can't blame them.
I have been round the block enough with teachers and preachers to know that they all have something in common with me - they are human! Regardless, I think that what Amir said here on the subject of the Tree of Life was simply good Bible exposition.

Btw - I have a lot of time for Leonard Ravenhill - financial success and an international audience are some of the most subtle and destructive things that can happen to a ministry. I have never been to a mega church apart from being dragged to a Kenneth Copeland meeting years ago when he visited Birmingham. Not my thing tbh, and I agree that the movement has done much to dumb down and divert Christianity to suit the business goals of the corporate owners. Of course, you have to consider what the greatest mega church of them all is…

The Vatican!!!

Apostate, me-focussed, doctrinally vacuous “Protestants” are being gently guided back to the fold of the Vicar of Christ across all the major denominations. I sometimes attend a Methodist men’s Christian group. They want us to get involved with “Taketime meditations” based on the exercises of Jesuit St Ignatius Loyola!!! SMH

Last edited:
This is an interesting channel. Posting this as it's a bittersweet experience that a man shares. As he rightfully says:

"I know that grief is something that never truly goes away."

I Died And Walked My Daughter To The Gates Of Heaven | Near Death Experience | NDE (11:22 mins)

I have UAC to thank for introducing me to this channel. They've uploaded a video discussing NDEs and I found Dr. Jimo Borjigin's experiment (at 25 mins approximately) that studied consciousness and what happens to the brain for patients in a coma intriguing. I found the comments sections thought-provoking as well:

Proof of Life After Death: Hope and a Warning From The Other Side (42 mins, 43 secs)

AJ also mentions how governments have been trying to destroy all religions for the last 150 years. Tell me something I DON'T know!

M G

Rookie
This one was also deleted from youtube? Now its back, if it gets deleted, find link to rumble. This young man was nonbeliever, and did not understand what he saw until he came back to earth.

A Freeman

Superstar
Bible says it is appointed once for a man to die and after judgement, it’s in Hebrew. What your saying does not line up with the word of God.
The verse you've cited is Hebrews 9:27-28, which is in the New Covenant/Testament. The New Covenant/Testament was written in Greek.

Anyone who mistakenly claims this passage is referring to human death doesn't know what they're talking about. IF the verse was referring to human death -- which it very obviously isn't (see the very next verse for further proof) -- then it would be inaccurate (i.e. a lie), as Enoch and Elijah didn't die even once, and everyone who was raised from the dead in Scripture experienced physical death at least twice in the same body.

The passage is very obviously referring to the death of the "self", which Christ and Paul both reference (Matt. 10:38; Mark 8:34; Luke 9:23; Luke 14:26-27; Gal. 2:20; 1 Cor. 9:27) that everyone who will be redeemed from the Earth MUST learn to overcome and kill/crucify (Rev. 2:7; 2:11; 2:17; 2:26-28; 3:5; 3:12; 3:21; 21:7).

Matthew 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste death (of the "Self"), till they see the Son of Man coming in his Kingdom.

Last edited: