Near Death Experiences and the blind

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
1Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. 2Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. 3And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.

1 John 3

Reactions: vic

Alanantic

Star
Most people think they are their bodies with a personal sense of self, which is actually an illusion. The spark of life within us is God.

Is it not written in your law, I said, "Ye are gods"? -- John 10:34
"I have said, ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. -- Psalms 82:6

To be a living being ("I am“) is not the ultimate state; there is something beyond, much more wonderful, which is neither being nor not-being, neither living nor not living. It is a state of awareness, beyond the limitations of space and time. The same source of the will (desire) to live, a source deeper even than life itself . The 'I' is there even without the 'am'. -- Shri Nisargadatta Maharaj

A Freeman

Superstar
How many have taken their body close enough to death to KNOW that they are NOT the human they see in a mirror (Matt. 4:1-10, John 3:3-7)? And why would anyone be born blind other than as a punishment for the sins that soul (spirit-Being) committed in a past lifetime (John 9:1-3)?

There's a great book about NDEs entitled "Return from Death: An exploration of the near-death experience" by Margot Grey that's well worth reading.

Aero

Superstar
I've been dreaming from other people's perspectives a lot lately. Sometimes I dream from multiple perspectives at the same time. Needless to say, it's a rather eye-opening experience.

The dreams always revolve around extreme spiritual ideas, like the subject is either highly elated or super deflated. In other words, their spirits are near death.

~JC~

Veteran
I really love listening to these near death accounts, esp. when it's an atheist.

Here's a clip of Sebastian Junger (author/filmaker) talking about his experience on Joe Rogan.

note: kind of annoyed at the "scary" added to the name of the vid...

edit: sorry, He is not blind but since this post was somewhat in the forefront, I thought it worked here!

I really love listening to these near death accounts, esp. when it's an atheist.

Here's a clip of Sebastian Junger (author/filmaker) talking about his experience on Joe Rogan.

note: kind of annoyed at the "scary" added to the name of the vid...

edit: sorry, He is not blind but since this post was somewhat in the forefront, I thought it worked here!
amazing that someone can have that experience, and still deny any possibility of an afterlife.