Nazca kitty

Cintra

Star
In lighter news...

A new geoglyph was discovered among the mysterious Nazca lines, and it's pretty cute.
I saw that!!! It looks like garfield drawn in crayon.
Straight away I wanted to call shenanigans, but I looked at some textiles from the period and it does seem in keeping with the style.

How could they not have noticed it before????

Bent8484

Established
I saw that!!! It looks like garfield drawn in crayon.
Straight away I wanted to call shenanigans, but I looked at some textiles from the period and it does seem in keeping with the style.

How could they not have noticed it before????
It was on a slope, so a layer of eroded soil had slid over it, apparently. They only found it because they were going to build an observation deck on that hill.

Cintra

Star
It was on a slope, so a layer of eroded soil had slid over it, apparently. They only found it because they were going to build an observation deck on that hill.
Ah! that makes sense.

The textiles they have recovered from that period are incredible.
They look like they were made yesterday.

This one seems to be a fishtail cat pregnant with another cat, which is pregnant with... a tortoise???

3138514392524ea13c3e95daa65c1515.jpg

Fascinating stuff.

Bent8484

Established
Ah! that makes sense.

This one seems to be a fishtail cat pregnant with another cat, which is pregnant with... a tortoise???

View attachment 44200

Fascinating stuff.
Well, I guess it could represent some long lost mythical story...or maybe it just hints at ancient people's spotty grasp of biology. XD

Bent8484

Established
Ah! that makes sense.

View attachment 44200

Fascinating stuff.
Oh duh, it's likely a story explaining the multiplicity of animals, a mother/father of beasts archetype. Jaguar deities were common in central and south America (still is, like Lady Ayahuasca in modern Amazonian paganism), hence the kitty.

(Also notice the "noodly" arms are tipped with claws curved downward... likely the wings of a bird of prey. So it's a bird-cat-fish that gives birth to reptiles. That's most animal life right there, in one chimera.)

Last edited: