Natural Health Methods for Depression, Anxiety and Dementia

Aero

Superstar
Yes, the old, sick and dying are little more than prey for the modern day brain butchers.

Like oh, you are in pain or depressed. Here have some hardcore narcotic-like drugs, and stfu. With an emphasis on shutting up. Because the medical field nor the rest of the population has time to hear about anyone's problems.

Take me for example. Plenty of people just assume I'm mental, but they don't want me to seek treatment. Because if someone like me goes to a doctor the perception is I'm just doing it to score legal narcotics. I'm literally not old, sick enough, or dying enough to get their amazing "treatment".

Dalit

Star
Okay, I've watched the first two episodes and still am pondering over this quiz by Rodger Murphree, DC (Chiropractor) regarding neurotransmitters.

https://yourfibrodoctor.com/brain-function/

I suppose that taking vitamins can't hurt, but can it really help? It is really just expensive urine as a professor once said? I'm definitely for the lifestyle of letting healthy food be your medicine, which is talked about a lot in this docuseries, as it should be.

Dr. Daniel Amen talks about the brain and neurotransmitters, too. However, his brain scans are very costly and mostly available to those who can afford to pay out of pocket or the top 1% of society. It would be so cool to have one of these brain scans.

https://www.amenclinics.com/blog/10-practical-lessons-from-150000-brain-scans/

Here's also his brain healthy life advice: https://www.amenclinics.com/blog/12-prescriptions-for-creating-a-brain-healthy-life-part-1/

Also, the whole gut-brain connection has been mentioned with "heal your gut, heal your brain". Stop eating sugar and processed foods and eat healthy gut promoting foods such as fermented foods, prebiotics and probiotics, bone broth, etc.

Just wanted to share in case anyone was interested.

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar
Yes, the old, sick and dying are little more than prey for the modern day brain butchers.

Like oh, you are in pain or depressed. Here have some hardcore narcotic-like drugs, and stfu. With an emphasis on shutting up. Because the medical field nor the rest of the population has time to hear about anyone's problems.

Take me for example. Plenty of people just assume I'm mental, but they don't want me to seek treatment. Because if someone like me goes to a doctor the perception is I'm just doing it to score legal narcotics. I'm literally not old, sick enough, or dying enough to get their amazing "treatment".
That sounds terrible. No wonder the US has such terrible problems with narcotic abuse. I have seen that on some Australian news websites.

We have had very strict rules recently put on use of drug with opioids. If you want Panadeine you have to get a prescription. Too bad if it is only wanted for short term use like getting serious dental work done, then they wonder why the GP offices suddenly have a huge amount of people wanting visits.

Do you have any natural methods you use?
I found foods with high levels of natural fat like avocados, tuna and cheese really helped my mood stabilise. If I eat a lot of processed foods my moods get worse for the next day or so. They are probably very low in vitamins like Vitamin B.

Aero

Superstar
That sounds terrible. No wonder the US has such terrible problems with narcotic abuse. I have seen that on some Australian news websites.

We have had very strict rules recently put on use of drug with opioids. If you want Panadeine you have to get a prescription. Too bad if it is only wanted for short term use like getting serious dental work done, then they wonder why the GP offices suddenly have a huge amount of people wanting visits.

Do you have any natural methods you use?
I found foods with high levels of natural fat like avocados, tuna and cheese really helped my mood stabilise. If I eat a lot of processed foods my moods get worse for the next day or so. They are probably very low in vitamins like Vitamin B.
The opioid crisis is terrible. And it has all been well documented. Where doctors got paid a lot of money to push stronger drugs than what people need. So there were no strict rules, anyone who had "pain" could get drugs that are like heroin.

What's most odd to me is how back in the early 1900s everyone was given heroin. Pretty sure you could just buy it at the general store or something. Then we wised up because all it was doing was creating sicker addicts. So that's what we have now, except a million times worse.

I have one main natural method I use. Astral projecting my head off. Now the Bible might call that sorcery, but I disagree. Call it the natural effect of balancing my mind.

Dalit

Star
I have one main natural method I use. Astral projecting my head off. Now the Bible might call that sorcery, but I disagree. Call it the natural effect of balancing my mind.
I want to understand where you're coming from. Where do you go?

As you may have seen from another thread, from my reading of Lois Duncan's Stranger with My Face infers that doing something like that can open oneself up to possession by malevolent spirits. So I'd personally never even attempt it.

That being said, have you ever tried L-Phenalalynine? That's supposed to help produce a natural opioid effect.

Dalit

Star
The 3rd episode was mostly on colonics and coffee enemas so I tuned it out. I know some people may be into that, but I'm not, yet I've heard frank discussions around the natural health food store about it. After awhile, that kind of talk may start to seem less gross, but I'm not at that point yet.

However, taking care of one's health is always good.

Dalit

Star
This one (available until 8pm EST tomorrow) is about thinking about what you're thinking about. Identifying toxic thinking. As Dr. Daniel Amen would say, "Killing the ANTS (Automatic Negative Thoughts)".

Now I'm remembering Mr. Rogers's "The Garden of Your Mind" song. :)

Aero

Superstar
I want to understand where you're coming from. Where do you go?

As you may have seen from another thread, from my reading of Lois Duncan's Stranger with My Face infers that doing something like that can open oneself up to possession by malevolent spirits. So I'd personally never even attempt it.

That being said, have you ever tried L-Phenalalynine? That's supposed to help produce a natural opioid effect.
Everywhere. I'll try to give you a crash course in the astral world.

"The stranger with my face" is a horror novel. Based off of very rudimentary explanations of experiences. Where it was trendy to lump occult phenomena together and call it astral projection. That book sounds like some poltergeist type stuff. Those amateurs who got scared just lost control of their own thoughts.

Astral projection is like moving at light speed. You are above everything, even time itself. Earth is barely more than a playground at that point. So some cultists might screw with each other but we are way beyond malevolent spirits here. Our hands can just drop down from the sky and get you. And it doesn't matter if you have dabbled in the occult or not. Only God can save us!

I hope that doesn't scare you more lmao. Also, I don't need drugs. I like being more dangerous.

Camidria

Veteran
@Aero until a demon looses your silver cord, your lifeline to your body, don't you think that is dangerous enough? You may think you are way beyond malevolent spirits there, but they are cunning like that, they facilitate the link between your body and your spirit even if you think they don't.... Anyway you are proberly just going to scoff at what I'm saying anyway, but in the end I really do hope that God can show you the truth.

Dalit

Star
This is a great article! Thanks, Karly!

"Healy also challenges their safety and effectiveness in adults. He believes that antidepressants are overprescribed and that there is little evidence that they are safe for long-term use. Antidepressants are said to create dependency, have unpleasant side effects and cannot be relied upon to always relieve symptoms.

In developed countries such as the UK we eat a greater variety of foodstuffs than ever before – but it doesn’t follow that we are well-nourished. In fact, many people do not eat enough nutrients that are essential for good brain health, opting for a diet of heavily processed food containing artificial additives and sugar."

The author also encourages the use of Magnesium Citrate, which aids in detoxification.

I've seen too many people, including loved ones, just numb out on prescriptions and never really improve. There should be nutritional intervention and/or a holistic approach.

Dalit

Star
Astral projection is like moving at light speed. You are above everything, even time itself. Earth is barely more than a playground at that point. So some cultists might screw with each other but we are way beyond malevolent spirits here. Our hands can just drop down from the sky and get you. And it doesn't matter if you have dabbled in the occult or not. Only God can save us!
Yeah, that sounds rather scary actually. Cultists? Your "hands can just drop down from the sky and get you"?

Glad to know that Stranger with My Face hasn't been a part of your experience. That book scared the crap out of me as a teen.

Is this for escape or dissociation?

Last edited:

Aero

Superstar
@Aero until a demon looses your silver cord, your lifeline to your body, don't you think that is dangerous enough? You may think you are way beyond malevolent spirits there, but they are cunning like that, they facilitate the link between your body and your spirit even if you think they don't.... Anyway you are proberly just going to scoff at what I'm saying anyway, but in the end I really do hope that God can show you the truth.
I don't scoff. Clearly, you have your own experiences, and they may work fine for you. I will take what you said under advisement. It's just that when I compare it to my life, it makes no sense.

I was literally a little innocent kid when I was targetted by the cults. I didn't play with an ouija board and open myself up to the demonic shit. What you are telling me to do is just sit back and be destroyed. Yeah, that's not going to happen. If I have to raise an army of the dead so be it.

Yeah, that sounds rather scary actually. Cultists? Your "hands can just drop down from the sky and get you"?

Glad to know that Stranger with My Face hasn't been a part of your experience. That book scared the crap out of me as a teen.

Is this for escape or dissociation?
Lol, I'll have to read that one. It sounds entertaining, but I wouldn't put that much faith in it.

And yeah what I'm talking about can be scary. Because it's just like I said, like being attacked at lightspeed. This a point where awareness cannot save you. So there is no escape. Plus fear will just aid in one's own destruction.

Now you're giving crash courses in astral projection?!?!.....LMFAO!!!

Thanks for brightening up my day.
Well, the book referenced is clearly a bunch of crap. So I might as well drop some bombs.

You might live in the dark. And I'm thrilled If I can shed some light. Also, it seems like you never took my advice. Pretty sure I told you forever ago you need to study some actual mysticism. It's like you can't even be bothered to watch Dr. Strange. Is that not Illuminati enough for you? Let me guess, suddenly you don't believe in predictive programming.

Someone is going to have to save you from Dormammu. Do you know how that shit works?

JoChris

Superstar
I don't scoff. Clearly, you have your own experiences, and they may work fine for you. I will take what you said under advisement. It's just that when I compare it to my life, it makes no sense.

I was literally a little innocent kid when I was targetted by the cults. I didn't play with an ouija board and open myself up to the demonic shit. What you are telling me to do is just sit back and be destroyed. Yeah, that's not going to happen. If I have to raise an army of the dead so be it.

Lol, I'll have to read that one. It sounds entertaining, but I wouldn't put that much faith in it.

And yeah what I'm talking about can be scary. Because it's just like I said, like being attacked at lightspeed. This a point where awareness cannot save you. So there is no escape. Plus fear will just aid in one's own destruction.

Well, the book referenced is clearly a bunch of crap. So I might as well drop some bombs.

You might live in the dark. And I'm thrilled If I can shed some light. Also, it seems like you never took my advice. Pretty sure I told you forever ago you need to study some actual mysticism. It's like you can't even be bothered to watch Dr. Strange. Is that not Illuminati enough for you? Let me guess, suddenly you don't believe in predictive programming.

Someone is going to have to save you from Dormammu. Do you know how that shit works?
This would be an interesting entry in Religion section.

You can't live off astral projection alone. What type of *biological* diet do you follow? Do you find some foods agree with you much better than others?

E.g. I have a relative who has to avoid any food with high levels of potassium because they have a heart arrhythmia. Bananas are off their shopping list.

Camidria

Veteran

I understand that you would feel that way, really I do, in a book I once read about someone that also astral projected that person felt exactly the same. And it was a huge process of really trusting God and having a relationship with Him that helped her - but it was extremely hard to surrender - why? Because she also felt she will be destroyed, she had so so many attacks, so I get what you are saying I really do. Our perceptions of God are influenced by what we experience when we are little with our dad, or lack of one, and my heart breaks for what has happened to you as I can only imagine when they took you out of your body the first time.... You feel you need to fight for yourself - for survival, but I really do hope that you will somewhere realize that God is more powerful and the reward for allowing Him to fight for you is way better, even though it's hard, it's so worth it!

Aero

Superstar
This would be an interesting entry in Religion section.

You can't live off astral projection alone. What type of *biological* diet do you follow? Do you find some foods agree with you much better than others?

E.g. I have a relative who has to avoid any food with high levels of potassium because they have a heart arrhythmia. Bananas are off their shopping list.
Agreed.

I tend to just eat whatever I want. I seem to benefit from an insanely high metabolism. Now I wouldn't call what I do intermittent fasting. But I tend to go long periods without eating. Mainly because I hate the way I feel when my stomach is full.

I understand that you would feel that way, really I do, in a book I once read about someone that also astral projected that person felt exactly the same. And it was a huge process of really trusting God and having a relationship with Him that helped her - but it was extremely hard to surrender - why? Because she also felt she will be destroyed, she had so so many attacks, so I get what you are saying I really do. Our perceptions of God are influenced by what we experience when we are little with our dad, or lack of one, and my heart breaks for what has happened to you as I can only imagine when they took you out of your body the first time.... You feel you need to fight for yourself - for survival, but I really do hope that you will somewhere realize that God is more powerful and the reward for allowing Him to fight for you is way better, even though it's hard, it's so worth it!
Appreciate the kind words. Although I should say, I trust God fully. There must have been some good reason to have to go through what I did as a child. I don't remember if you are in the camp that believes in "fate" or not. But the more I think about it all, the more it seems like destiny.

It may seem odd that I am content with that, but I am. There's nobody nor any spirit I can accurately blame here. I mean nobody is going to buy any of those excuses anyway.

JoChris

Superstar
Agreed.

I tend to just eat whatever I want. I seem to benefit from an insanely high metabolism. Now I wouldn't call what I do intermittent fasting. But I tend to go long periods without eating. Mainly because I hate the way I feel when my stomach is full.

Appreciate the kind words. Although I should say, I trust God fully. There must have been some good reason to have to go through what I did as a child. I don't remember if you are in the camp that believes in "fate" or not. But the more I think about it all, the more it seems like destiny.

It may seem odd that I am content with that, but I am. There's nobody nor any spirit I can accurately blame here. I mean nobody is going to buy any of those excuses anyway.
Do you want to swap metabolisms? :) I have a normal one though thankfully. I just want a cheat system!
I think you lot have an unfair advantage for weight loss. My husband LOSES weight without exercise.

Do you find you are in better moods when eating a healthier diet or it doesn't make much difference in your case?
The not eating when stomach is full: that is something I think has a lot more to do with increasing rates of obesity than people realise.
It seems that a lot of people lose that "I am stuffed" signal and still eat regular+ size portions at next meal.

Camidria

Veteran
Agreed.

Now that makes me jealous! I wish I had that metabolism too! I have the same problem with my husband that @JoChris mentioned above.