Natural Cures And Medicines

Carolyn

Star
Do you know if you have any sleep disorders? Especially if you are feeling tired after a decent nights sleep, if you have a partner it may be that they have noticed some unusual things when you are sleeping that you are not conscious of?

Haich

Superstar
Do you know if you have any sleep disorders? Especially if you are feeling tired after a decent nights sleep, if you have a partner it may be that they have noticed some unusual things when you are sleeping that you are not conscious of?
I've been checked out and I have no sleeping disorders thankfully, I'm sure it's the low iron and just having a busy life. I'll try to sleep earlier idk thanks for all your advice everyone very helpful !

Trublue

Rookie
Coconut oil for everyone :D I just love this stuff, I've been taking it for the last 10 weeks, lost 36lbs and feel healthier than I have in years, I put it on my face and in my bath too, my skin feels great.
It's also getting rid of my sons eczema and I've used it for oil pulling too, gets your teeth nice and clean.

There are so many uses for it I don't know where to start but I definitely think it will help with the fatigue @Haich , I take it in the morning with my tea, I noticed in the first couple of days how I was springing up the stairs and I don't feel hungry all day anymore, it contains Medium-chain triglycerides that are used differently by the digestive system and converted to an immediate source of energy, the lists of what it's good for are endless.

Some of the top coconut oil benefits include:
  • Balances Hormones
  • Kills Candida
  • Improves Digestion
  • Moisturizes Skin
  • Reduces Cellulite
  • Decreases Wrinkles and Age Spots
  • Balances Blood Sugar and Improve Energy
  • Improves Alzheimer’s
  • Increases HDL and Lower LDL Cholesterol
  • Burns Fat
https://draxe.com/coconut-oil-uses/
http://www.coconut-oil-central.com/
http://www.1hourathlete.com/nutrition/15-reasons-you-need-to-be-eating-more-coconut-oil
http://coconutoil.com/peer_reviewed/
https://wellnessmama.com/5734/coconut-oil/
http://www.smart-publications.com/articles/medium-chain-triglycerides-mcts-the-fat-that-makes-you-lose-fat

Fl-Fr-Fa

Established
I struggle with anxiety and depression. Let me preface by saying I'm not a doctor, however, over the past couple weeks I've started taking Omega 3, L theanine and 5hpt and holy crap! Idk about long term, and I'm not sure if I'm not just willing myself to feel better, but I have felt better in the past 2 weeks, than I have in years. I am calmer, more reasonable and my thoughts are way brighter. Idk how long it will work, but I'm hooked.
I used to work in a health-focused office, so can offer a couple of suggestions if this is still an issue:
Bach Flower Remedies (specifically, Rescue Remedy for temporary anxiety relief of all kinds -- going to the dentist, loss of a loved one, performance anxiety, air travel, etc.).
If you can purchase BioActive Homeopathics (based in Florida, I believe) - their ResQ version I think is even better, possibly because it's the same ingredients but put in at different potencies.
Two things with these . . . they are alcohol-based, so if that's an issue for you at all (religious/addiction/other), you are welcome to put in a little bit of pure water till the alcohol evaporates. You can maybe get Bach Rescue as chewing gum??
Secondly, homeopathics are to be taken at least 15 min. before or 1 hour after foods/odors to get max. absorption (store separately from computers and cell phones as well).

My former boss came across a book written by Jack Dreyfus on Dilantin. It's an anti-seizure drug, yes, but has been found to work on depression and anxiety not surprisingly (calming the central nervous system).
Here is a fairly short article on Dilantin by Dr. Whittaker, who really does prefer a complementary health approach in his practice:
http://whitakerwellness.com/2015/01/back-daystill-true-today-dilantin/
Obviously, it's finding a doctor locally who is willing to talk to you about this option, any possible counteractions, etc.

Hope you find what works for you.

Fl-Fr-Fa

Established
Does anyone have any tips on how to beat fatigue? I have low iron and coffee is just making me even more tired
According to this article below, coffee and certain other beverages inhibit iron absorption - so drink those between meals (and separate from your iron supplement then):
http://www.nationalnutrition.ca/detail.aspx?ID=4215
Coffee is my weakness too (caf/decaf -- doesn't matter)!

Aero

Superstar
Table salt for teeth and gums. It's not exactly a secret, but still people pay a ton of money for overpriced mouthwash. That is also made from sodium. Unless they are alcohol based, which just aren't nearly as good.

If my partner had any sleep disorder, i don't think i'd make known whatever i've witnessed. God Is The Healer. I would silently pray to Him.

I also really think there's a reason why God Almighty made her oblivious of it and i don't think the reason's that i should tell her about any of it.

Undertaker

Established
http://oi63.tinypic.com/9au81y.jpg
A very healthy food. Blended tomatoes, cucumbers, pepper, chilly pepper, ginger root, beet root, red onions. Dark green color is given by spirulina powder. Adding other things as well such as olive oil and turmeric.
By the way, contrary to mainstream opinion I got a reduced glycemia level in latest blood test after eating lots of fruits.

DeathlyHallows

Established
Lavender lemon and peppermint oils diffused every night for help with sleep! Peppermint for colds and stuffy noses. Tumreric and dandelion tea for liver health. Lots of dark leafy greens for iron (I have low iron too, but I hate kale!) Agree about coconut oil, although I haven't found a good way to use it yet. Apple cider vinegar for...everything, hair, stomach health, etc. That's all I can think of at the moment.

Damien50

Star
I had restless leg syndrome, low back pain I thought was caused by flat feet, poor sleeping leading to low testosterone at 23, and a yeast infection of sorts in my scalp for 8 years.

For the restless leg syndrome at least for me I for active lifting and sprinting. Within a month I slept still and fairly well.

For the low back pain I found that the abdominal muscles form a belt that traverses the low back and due to neglect had weakened. Yoga and Defranco's Agile Eight strengthened the core and alleviated tons of back pain and other muscular instabilities.

For the poor sleep and diagnosed low testosterone I started taking ZMA which is a zinc magnesium b6 blend that I take every night before bed. I have incredibly vivid dreams and high energy levels again. Also instead of the supplement I make oven roasted peanuts with a seasoning that is spicy and high in zinc and magnesium. Don't eat the peanuts and the ZMA together as you'll wake up with diarrhea.

For the yeast infection in the scalp. A shower cap... Wet the scalp and in a small bowl make a paste of baking soda and gently massage this into the wet scalp. Let it sit for 15 minutes and rinse it. Proceed to do a second rinse with apple cider vinegar directly to the scalp. Repeat daily. The baking soda stops being necessary once the flaking goes away and then just use vinegar.

I had went bald at 22 because of this and thought it was related to my testosterone lol. Dermatologist thought it was eczema but the treatments didn't fix anything. It was an infection similar to psoriasis and my hair finally grew back.

umphreak

Established
I have mild seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp. Recently I came across a study where people with SD applied slightly diluted raw honey to their scalps (and anywhere else they had lesions - some had them on their face or chest as well) and left it on for 3 hours a day before rinsing it off. They did this every other day for 4 weeks, after which literally everyone was cured! Lesions disappeared completely after 2 weeks. Then they split everyone into 2 groups, 1 which did nothing, and the other which did the honey treatment just once per week for 6 months. None of the once-a-week-honey-treatment group had a relapse of symptoms, while 12/15 of the do-nothing group had their symptoms return after 2-4 months. Pretty impressive!

For me, sitting around with honey on my head for 3 hours is not very practical. My SD has been pretty minimal for the last 8 years or so, but recently it started to itch again. So I thought I would try an abbreviated version of the honey treatment and see if it helped. I've been applying the honey when I take a bath maybe 2-3 times a week, and letting it sit on my scalp as long as possible before rinsing it off, usually around 10-30 minutes. After the first time I did this, the itching stopped completely, and after several treatments I can no longer feel any scaly lesions on my scalp!

I applied honey (I had gunthers pure honey buckwheat on hand - nothing special, expensive or raw, but it's dark) to a deep gash on my hand I had acquired while working on a gardening project. Probably needed stitches, but I just kept it wet with honey, butterfly bandaged and wrapped in gauze. After about 4 days it was almost healed, and today I have no scar- not even a trace from it. I also rub castor oil, vitamin E, and coconut oil (combined) into my hands daily and that erases scars too I believe.