Natural Cures And Medicines

Haich

Superstar
Recently I've discovered fenugreek diluted with 2 parts water soothes severely irritated dry skin. Those with eczema or psoriasis may benefit from the relieving of tight skin and cracked pores so they won't itch as intensely as usual.

It does have a high level of pungency but it works and a little essential oil may take off the edge of the strong smell.

I found the parabens in most dry skin creams irritated our skin, hence the seeking of a natural and safer remedy

Anyone have any natural remedies for common medical issues they'd like to share?

Maryjane2.0

Rookie
I struggle with anxiety and depression. Let me preface by saying I'm not a doctor, however, over the past couple weeks I've started taking Omega 3, L theanine and 5hpt and holy crap! Idk about long term, and I'm not sure if I'm not just willing myself to feel better, but I have felt better in the past 2 weeks, than I have in years. I am calmer, more reasonable and my thoughts are way brighter. Idk how long it will work, but I'm hooked.

Haich

Superstar
I struggle with anxiety and depression. Let me preface by saying I'm not a doctor, however, over the past couple weeks I've started taking Omega 3, L theanine and 5hpt and holy crap! Idk about long term, and I'm not sure if I'm not just willing myself to feel better, but I have felt better in the past 2 weeks, than I have in years. I am calmer, more reasonable and my thoughts are way brighter. Idk how long it will work, but I'm hooked.
I'm glad it worked for you ! Would you say your anxiety is a daily occurrence? I'd say I can handle my anxiety but definitely feel quite tired and lethargic at times due to it. It's just so tiring trying to not over think and get anxious or anticipate things

rainerann

Star
I really had a positive response to L theanine too. I take a melatonin gummy blended with L theanine. It really helps me sleep well. I worked night shifts for years so my sleep patterns are increasingly becoming a problem for me.

rainerann

Star
frankincense EO for gums and teeth wellness. Just rub a drop or two on the pain and it's healed almost instantly.
I was real surprised how well frankincense works for pain. I mix some with jojoba oil and rub it on where I am having pain. It works great. I also love the history of frankincense. It seems so special to experience how something works that has been used for so many thousands of years. I love it.

Carolyn

Star
Might try that, its been a while since Ive used anything like that, made up loads of bath salts with various aromatherapy oils cant remember what ones, we dont have a bath now though just a shower used to love soaking in the bath it was nice on the joints, kinda miss it.

Haich

Superstar
Does anyone have any tips on how to beat fatigue? I have low iron and coffee is just making me even more tired

Carolyn

Star
If there is I wish somebody would tell me that too lol although maybe there could be an underlying cause for why you are so fatigued?
Ive dealt with fatigue for many years and its probably down to having Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and Chiari Malformation, not to suggest that you may have anything that bad it may be down to a vitamin deficiency or something else that you could treat. If you dont have any sleep issues like insomnia I think short power naps can be a good way to get back a little bit of energy? Unless thats not possible, think its hard not to be exhausted in this day and age, people are working themselves into early graves just to survive and even then there are others who are much worse off, meh life is so harsh :|

rainerann

Star
Does anyone have any tips on how to beat fatigue? I have low iron and coffee is just making me even more tired
Alkaline water helps and a good iron supplement. You can buy alkaline water in a health food store or make some cucumber water. Cucumber is an alkaline food and its delicious. Cold cucumber water is so, so delicious in the summer. I have low iron too and have found this helpful.

Haich

Superstar
Well my fatigue started after the birth of my son I had low iron and had to have a blood transfusion. Obviously having a kid and working is tough but even when I get a good nights sleep I wake up quite tired

I'll definitely try the alkaline water and cucumber!
There's no way I can take day naps lol I just don't have the time :(

rainerann

Star
Do you take an iron supplement? Recently, I have had to start taking one again. The unfortunate part about having anemia is that it can take some time to notice positive results. I'm on my fourth month taking iron again and I am just starting to really feel better.

Haich

Superstar
I have yh I started on some iron pills but they were quite ineffective. There's some sachets I get where you pour the iron supplement into your water or drink. It does have a very metallic and blood taste but the liquid is clear and I find it is helping but I'm hoping to find something more effective

I guess anemia is one of those things you just have to accept will make you tired at times!

Haich

Superstar
For anyone interested these sachets help with anemia, I do question how natural they are but at the moment this is what's sort of working for me

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/spatone-original-natural-iron-supplement-60080131?skuid=080131&&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_adid=85278283842&ds_id=92700014314893079&utm_adgID58700001039319275&gclid=Cj0KEQjwofHHBRDS0Pnhpef89ucBEiQASEp6LKa-RAxzQZGq7c9hPxfJGjrM3ZPffyyy0Ipc4sVQYZsaAiKZ8P8HAQ

Not sure if it can be found in the states, I'm sure amazon stock them although I'd be weary of buying medicine online...