Nakba Day

Tidal

Star
..they turned an entire city into an open air prison,

If you mean Gaza, terrorists were using it as a base to launch raids into Israel, so of course Israel had to fence it off..:)

TokiEl

Superstar
Next time the State of Israel is attempted attacked... the Israeli border will be the Euphrates and 4get to get Sinai back.

shankara

Star
Tidal said- I'm puzzled. According to Wiki there are almost 2 million Arabs living in Israel alongside over 6 million jews, so if the jews really are nasty, why haven't they expelled or genocided or ethnically cleansed those Arabs?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

O god please make me smart (sniffle)..
The way I see it, the Jews must be very easy-going to let 2 mill muslims live among them.. :p
Right because Muslims are all so evil that merely being in their presence must be a great trial for the lovely cuddly friendly Zionist-nationalist militarized people. There are laws making Arabs essentially second-class citizens, and the only reason they don't mind them being there is because there are few enough not to compromise the Jewish majority politically, there aren't enough of them to have any major influence on the elections even if they vote in a bloc.

As to your statement about Gaza, perhaps someone should build a wall around the countries in which the colonialist terrorists live in order to stop them invading countries in the Middle East? Actually it was the Zionists who invented terrorism with the King David Hotel attack. Anyway, I think it's much more terrifying to shoot at unarmed protestors using illegal exploding bullets and with impunity, than to fire the occasional rocket against the people who have invaded and colonized your ancestral lands. I'm not justifying military tactics, non-violence is better, still Israel is far worse than it's enemies.

Tidal

Star
..As to your statement about Gaza, perhaps someone should build a wall around the countries in which the colonialist terrorists live in order to stop them invading countries in the Middle East?

Wait, let me get my violin!
Fact is, the West had to invade the muslim mideast to neutralise the terror training camps..:p
If terrorists stopped killing us, we'd stop killing them, meanwhile they'll get their butts kicked real good..

shankara

Star
Wait, let me get my violin!
Fact is, the West had to invade the muslim mideast to neutralise the terror training camps..:p
If terrorists stopped killing us, we'd stop killing them, meanwhile they'll get their butts kicked real good..

That's the story they want to sell us, sure. In fact ISIS and all that are creations of the USA and Israel, a distraction and an excuse for more social control. It's a shame that you believe the hype, drink the kool aid, buy what they're selling.

By the way, don't you think that quoting the Bible next to a picture of robotic death machine (responsible for the deaths of plenty of innocent children) is a little bit, well, Antichrist?

Tidal

Star
By the way, don't you think that quoting the Bible next to a picture of robotic death machine (responsible for the deaths of plenty of innocent children) is a little bit, well, Antichrist?

Hahaha, muslim kids are no threat to us, that's why our drones only go after their dads and uncles.. :p
Speaking of kids, muslims massacred 186 schoolkids in the Beslan atrocity, whitewash that if you can-

shankara

Star
Hahaha, muslim kids are no threat to us, that's why our drones only go after their dads and uncles.. :p
Speaking of kids, muslims massacred 186 schoolkids in the Beslan atrocity, whitewash that if you can-

Sure, and King Leopold II was a so-called Christian and was responsible for 10 million deaths in the Belgian Congo. That doesn't mean I can extrapolate that every Christian is a genocidal slave-driver.

Clearly some Muslim extremists kill people, though really they don't represent Islam at all, I've known plenty of Muslims but very few who have sympathy for Al-Qaeda etc. Other types of extremists also kill people. Governments kill people, including civilians, including civilian children. They call it "collateral damage", they say it is a necessary part of war, unavoidable, that the war does greater good and so the loss of such lives is justified. I don't believe them.

Tidal

Star
Sure, and King Leopold II was a so-called Christian and was responsible for 10 million deaths in the Belgian Congo..

Haha if Leopold killed 10 mill, they asked for it, and anyway he'd have lost all their taxes income, so your claim doesn't hold water.. :p

shankara

Star
Haha if Leopold killed 10 mill, they asked for it, and anyway he'd have lost all their taxes income, so your claim doesn't hold water.. :p
They asked for it!!!??? Is that your attitude to colonialism? If so, you are a seriously twisted and sick individual. Do you actually believe that we need to "civilize the natives"? In Leopold's case it was less that they "asked for it" than that he needed slaves for his rubber plantations. If they didn't obey, he'd have their hands chopped off.

Obviously people like you contribute to the Israeli occupation, as you don't even seem to grasp that there is something wrong with colonialism...

Tidal

Star
Obviously people like you contribute to the Israeli occupation, as you don't even seem to grasp that there is something wrong with colonialism...
As i've said before, Israel means nothing to me and I won't shed a single tear when muslims get their hands on nukes and toast it.
And i've also said America and the West should stop propping up Israel by pumping money and weaponry into it because Israel has never done anything for us.
I've also said muslims should STOP their worldwide terror activities or they ain't NEVER gonna get Palestine back.
Instead they should try the diplomatic approach and appeal to the West's sense of justice and fair play, and who knows, people might start sympathising with muslims.. :)

shankara

Star
As i've said before, Israel means nothing to me and I won't shed a single tear when muslims get their hands on nukes and toast it.
And i've also said America and the West should stop propping up Israel by pumping money and weaponry into it because Israel has never done anything for us.
I've also said muslims should STOP their worldwide terror activities or they ain't NEVER gonna get Palestine back.
Instead they should try the diplomatic approach and appeal to the West's sense of justice and fair play, and who knows, people might start sympathising with muslims.. :)
Hmm yeah ok, I do agree with you that terrorism isn't a good strategy, though I'm not convinced that it's quite so widespread as you seem to think. Seriously, a very small proportion of Muslims are sympathetic to such ideas. But yeah, violence is counter-productive, though in the Palestinian case it's not quite the same as Al-Qaeda or whatever as they aren't trying to impose an ideology or destroy "unbelievers", they're just reacting to a situation of severe oppression. It's easy to say from a European perspective "oh if I was in that situtation I wouldn't do that...", but if we were actually subject to the trauma of the Zionist occupation it might be a little more difficult to see clearly.

Thunderian

Superstar
See, again, you're not using any facts to make your case. Is this how you determine truth in your life? Just go with whatever people are saying? Or do you examine truth for yourself?

What a beautiful fairy tale. So nice I almost don't even want to tell you its a complete fabrication and just let you live in your boomer fantasies

Here's why murdering people and taking their houses for the chosen race of god is racist and insane 101
1. Palestinian family living in the West bank
The same West Bank that is historically called Judea and Samaria? Why would they call it that, I wonder?

2. Israelis come under any pretext they want with the army and smash the house down
When is the time frame for smashing this house down? Is this during the "invasion"? Or is this a modern thing? No one is demolishing Palestinian homes so Jews can live there.

3. Using the IDF, force the Palestinians to go live in a refugee camp
How? When? Please provide some context for this statement. When did the IDF force Palestinians to do this?

4. Where the house used to be, the Israeli government builds Jewish only colonies
There are no Jewish colonies built where Palestinians used to live. I know this is a wild concept, and your mind reels at the thought, but the truth is that no settlements have ever displaced any Palestinian homes.

5. The settlers go and live in the homes, protected by a wall and armed guards, which by law only Jews can live in
Are you sure about that?

Thunderian

Superstar
What this is saying is that they were told to leave so as not to be massacred by the Zionists, as was the case in Deir Yassin.
Deir Yassin wasn't the massacre you've been led to believe it is, so don't use it as an excuse to believe further lies.

What Hazem Nusseibeh told the BBC
about Deir Yassin
The video focuses on an interview with Hazem Nusseibeh, a member of one of Jerusalem's most prominent Arab families. In 1948 he was an editor of the Palestine Broadcasting Service's Arabic news.​
In this interview with the BBC he admits that in 1948 he was instructed by Hussein Khalidi, a prominent Palestinian Arab leader, to fabricate claims of atrocities at Deir Yassin in order to encourage Arab regimes to invade the expected Jewish state. He made this damming admission in explaining why the Arabs failed in the 1948 war. He said "this was our biggest mistake", because Palestinians fled in terror and left the country in huge numbers after hearing the atrocity claims.​
Nusseibeh describes an encounter at the Jaffa Gate of Jerusalem's Old City with Deir Yassin survivors and Palestinian leaders, including Hussein Khalidi... 'I asked Dr. Khalidi how we should cover the story,'. He said, "We must make the most of this. So we wrote a press release stating that at Deir Yassin children were murdered, pregnant women were raped, all sorts of atrocities"​
In the video clip Abu Mahmud, who was a Dir Yassin resident in 1948, told the BBC that the villagers protested against the atrocity claims: We said, "There was no r*pe. But Khalidi said, We have to say this, so the Arab armies will come to liberate Palestine from the Jews."​
This false press statement was released to New York Times correspondent, Dana Schmidt leading to an article in the New York Times on April 12, 1948, claiming that a massacre took place at Deir Yassin that was reprinted worldwide and cited even in Israel as proof of Israeli atrocities.​
If you care about the truth, as I do, it shouldn't matter who the truth supports. Let the chips fall where they may. But most people who call themselves anti-Zionists don't care about the truth, even when it's right in front of them.

It's time to show that you prize truth over your hatred of Israel, and start accepting that you've been lied to.

Thunderian

Superstar
The things that you got wrong that immediately stuck out were the Economist article's claims which were at best a 2nd hand account or at worst an outright lie. and the claim about the "the Near East Broadcasting Station (Cyprus) ..." every broadcast was checked by Childers and he didn't find a single Arab order for civilians to flee. He actually found the opposite to be true.
So why would Arab leaders admit, on record, that Palestinian Arabs were told to flee? Or do you prefer to ignore this part of the story?

See, again, you're not using any facts to make your case. Is this how you determine truth in your life? Just go with whatever people are saying? Or do you examine truth for yourself?

The same West Bank that is historically called Judea and Samaria? Why would they call it that, I wonder?

When is the time frame for smashing this house down? Is this during the "invasion"? Or is this a modern thing? No one is demolishing Palestinian homes so Jews can live there.

How? When? Please provide some context for this statement. When did the IDF force Palestinians to do this?

There are no Jewish colonies built where Palestinians used to live. I know this is a wild concept, and your mind reels at the thought, but the truth is that no settlements have ever displaced any Palestinian homes.

Are you sure about that?

I literally posted pictures of it happening. This hyper deconstructionist tactic that the Jews just moved there unassumingly and the Palestinians live in refugee camps for no reason is sort of laughable. Good effort

Thunderian

Superstar
Because the Israelis are obsessed with their public image. That’s why they, with the biggest lobby in the united states being their foreign government, have been working to pass laws in the United States against anyone criticizing or boycotting them. If American sentiment turned against them and America didn’t fight their wars for them or send them billions of their tax payers money their country probably couldn’t exist. But most Israelis would be happy to genocide them and express it pretty candidly

More lies. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Palestinian citizens of Israel are fully integrated, and serve in the military, the police, government, and the supreme court.

Thunderian

Superstar
I literally posted pictures of it happening. This hyper deconstructionist tactic that the Jews just moved there unassumingly and the Palestinians live in refugee camps for no reason is sort of laughable. Good effort
What pictures? You have yet to build any kind of historical case for what you're saying, and you haven't addressed any of the points I've made.