My Trump Questions

Lurker

Star
That you can't possibly know what's wrong. Example- my child has pink eye. No, I'll be the judge of that. Acts important. Your child has pink eye. Here's a scipt for antibiotics, that will be a (my) car payment.
Or, I should have said that JJ, ans her husband, knew what was wrong, but the hospital jerked them along; gave them little to no care and a fat bill. That's the medical mafia.

justjess

Superstar
Or, I should have said that JJ, ans her husband, knew what was wrong, but the hospital jerked them along; gave them little to no care and a fat bill. That's the medical mafia.
Oh thats not even my worst story..

I have MS, I was in the middle of a really bad attack. I went to my regular dr and was waiting for my mri appointment in a couple days while i waited the attack got way worse and i had an adverse reaction to the meds my dr gave me for the dizziness/lightheadedness it was the weekend no choice but to go to the er.

Go to the er. Documented history of ms. They decide i dont have ms, im psychotic. I start getting angry, demanding an mri because thats the only test that shows an ms attack. They shot me up with ativan to knock me out because i was agitated. They spent the next 72 hours in between knocking me out with more ativan arguing with my mom that 1) i dont have ms 2) im psychotic 3) they wont treat me at all ubless she signs me into the mental ward and 4) refusing to give me an mri.

On day 3 my mom got in touch with a member of the hospital board of administrators through my fathers neurologist, they rushed me into an mri

Lo and behold i had 3 active lesions on my brain (sorry for being a little nutty my brain was under attack and agitation is a normal reaction to people not lkstebibg to u) and i had to be given iv steroids - which is what i told them immediately upon getting to the hospital.

By the time i left there i couldnt walk talk use my hands swallow etc for months. Had they given me the damn mri and steroids immediately it would have stopped the attack in its tracks and i wouldnt have had half the damage i ended up with. They wouldnt even release me to go to a different hospital because they insisted i was crazy. I wasnt.

Tried to sue and was told by 5 different lawyers unless i lost a limb or died or something medical malpractice was never going to happen.

It definately is like a mafia in many ways

DesertRose

Superstar
Death is a given no matter what you think of statistics. Very few die peacefully in bed of old age.

It feels like we are living in a return of the dark ages... people are so damn individualistic until the other shoe drops right on them.

And no im not - my money goes to these things despite what i think about it.
I remember on the old board someone brought this up in regards to Ayn Rand.
If they are going to advocate for a certain stance publicly, why not stick to it, or at least recant publicly?
When Ayn Rand Collected Social Security & Medicare, After Years of Opposing Benefit Programs
http://www.openculture.com/2016/12/when-ayn-rand-collected-social-security-medicare.html

Devine

Star
People are more willing to donate to an injured dog on gofundme then they are to most people, it becomes a judgement thing. Do they deserve the help? Did they cause the illness? I'm sorry I'm so jaded about mankind but that has been my experience.

I'm sorry but I can't trust my medical care to the whims of strangers. My medication - just one of them - costs 100grand a year, one of my sons 1,000/month. There's no job on earth that would allow for me to just "pay for it myself" either.
so i find it very obnoxious when someone mentions a health concern and people trivialize it with a suggestion of a natural treatment. like the other day my friend told a story about a loved one with bi polar, and other friend was like, has he tried baking soda? wtf so rude.
having said that, have you looked into a natural alternative to your medications? they are so often much more effective and cheap

Devine

Star
i do think the medical "professionals" should be paid FAR less. i would NEVER donate money or even do a surgery on my own pet. yeah health may be a matter of random chance. but so is where i was born. so is the wealth of my family. so, the hand we were dealt is what we play.
it's particular hard to want to pay for others' treatment when one feels that it is not only a non helpful treatment but a VERY harmful one.

Devine

Star
health care is SO irrelevant for me because I will NEVER use it for anything short of emergency trauma care. and then, i won't pay the bill. i know i know the pooooor doctors oh no!

justjess

Superstar
The poor rest of the countries citizens.. you not paying your bill jacks up the cost of care for everyone else. So thanks a lot for that.

Did u give birth alone in the woods or something?

So I should just die because I was unlucky enough to be born with a condition that medication exists to help but can't afford it? Yup.. sounds very reasonable and not at all heartless.

Devine

Star
the doctors and hospitals should eat the loss not you! and the pharmaceutical companies! i AM sorry the system is set up the way it is, to screw the little guy.
it's funny you say that because as i was entering university hospital for baby i was so afraid of the institutional feel of the place that i begged my husband not to go in because i wanted to "go to the woods and have the baby". and after the experience i had i should have done that. next time i will stay home.
did you see what i said before about alternative medicines? i was asking because i genuinely do care.
i should mention how generous i do feel towards my family, friends, community, state, country, and world. but in that order. but i absolutely believe in helping people! i would probably help the people on here i have only chatted with if they asked!
but i don't believe in sending my money to washington to have it redistributed to everyone by the politicians. doesn't make sense as a system, it wasn't what this country was supposed to be, and they don't seem to be very good at managing all of our monies.
this is the real breakdown of the family and community. everyone is so invested in this system and their feeling for what it takes from them that they no longer want to help their family, friends and neighbors
and for those of us who believe their "medicines" and "cures" do more damage than good it is all the more frustrating

Devine

Star
That you can't possibly know what's wrong. Example- my child has pink eye. No, I'll be the judge of that. Acts important. Your child has pink eye. Here's a scipt for antibiotics, that will be a (my) car payment.
tee hee that's good they seem to really hate it when you try to give your best guess, that's their job damnit! and yet they seem bothered by questions too :)

polymoog

Superstar
The poor rest of the countries citizens.. you not paying your bill jacks up the cost of care for everyone else. So thanks a lot for that.

Did u give birth alone in the woods or something?

So I should just die because I was unlucky enough to be born with a condition that medication exists to help but can't afford it? Yup.. sounds very reasonable and not at all heartless.
i think you should try ayurvedic medicine which will solve your problem and pass on western medicine, which will only treat your problem. western medicine works.... for Big Pharma.