My Trump Questions

Lazarus Long

Rookie
So we all come to this site because we believe the main stream media is run by evil people pushing their evil agendas. Is that true? Which is why I am so surprised that everyone on this site is so against Trump. The mainstream media is telling us all day every day that we should hate him. So if the mainstream media is evil, and they hate trump, might there not be a chance that he is not as evil as they are? Or a different, lesser brand of evil?
I do not think he is a nice man. He is ugly. He is a giant nerd. He is a billionaire asshole who does shady ruthless business deals that hurt people. I get that. But the fact every media outlet, every celebrity, and every politician even republican is completely against him leads me to believe that he may have something good to offer.
Those of you who hate him, don't you think you may be being manipulated into feeling that way?
Let me end by saying that I have voted third party in every election since I turned 18, with the exception of Ron Paul as Republican. I only support who I think is trying to shake up the system. I am asking these questions because I have a sincere desire for us to understand each others' feelings. Let's have a discussion on this topic filled with light love and understanding thanks for your time guys.
Devin
The way I see it is that Trump may be a billionaire whom has undoubtedly done some shady dealings in the past. He wouldnt be that rich without. But with everything considered; the media attacks, the incessant leftist criticism, as well as the fake conservatives that echo the left. When you compare his promises, tweets, and downright communication with We The People, with past presidents, like Obama for instance, whom knew how to sound really cool and intelligent without actually ever saying anything, let alone, fulfilling promises, all signs point to him trying to be good.
Now he has to deal with the thousands upon thousands of holdovers and plants that run the government with him.
Every so often I get to thinking he has been compromised, but then I watch a speech and truly feel that he is speaking from his heart. Otherwise he wouldnt be saying things that go against the last 30 plus years of carefully calculated agenda.
I believe in synchronicity and we have been long overdue for a "trump" card to help us out of the tyranny that DC has forced on us.
no guarantees, but my guess is he actually can make some good change, if he can outsmart the lazy politicians and NGO's.

Devine

Star
The way I see it is that Trump may be a billionaire whom has undoubtedly done some shady dealings in the past. He wouldnt be that rich without. But with everything considered; the media attacks, the incessant leftist criticism, as well as the fake conservatives that echo the left. When you compare his promises, tweets, and downright communication with We The People, with past presidents, like Obama for instance, whom knew how to sound really cool and intelligent without actually ever saying anything, let alone, fulfilling promises, all signs point to him trying to be good.
Now he has to deal with the thousands upon thousands of holdovers and plants that run the government with him.
Every so often I get to thinking he has been compromised, but then I watch a speech and truly feel that he is speaking from his heart. Otherwise he wouldnt be saying things that go against the last 30 plus years of carefully calculated agenda.
I believe in synchronicity and we have been long overdue for a "trump" card to help us out of the tyranny that DC has forced on us.
no guarantees, but my guess is he actually can make some good change, if he can outsmart the lazy politicians and NGO's.
this is very well written and exactly my thoughts too

justjess

Superstar
He is a salesman. They know how to pander to their target audience/customers. They know what to say to get someone to believe them even when everything else screams not to. If they didn't they wouldnt be successful salesmen.

Actions speak way louder then words.

If you recognize Obama had broken or failed promises how do you not recognize trump does as well?

Devine

Star
He is a salesman. They know how to pander to their target audience/customers. They know what to say to get someone to believe them even when everything else screams not to. If they didn't they wouldnt be successful salesmen.

Actions speak way louder then words.

If you recognize Obama had broken or failed promises how do you not recognize trump does as well?
lol well he hasn't had much time yet! he really hasn't sold himself well either terribly in fact lol

justjess

Superstar
He sold himself exactly how he had to in order to appeal to the people he needed to appeal to.

Never forget trump was a democrat for a long long time.

He knew which group was ripe for pandering to. He knew how to do it. Same way businesses figure out marketing.

He has had plenty of time to show what he intends to do and almost on every point it contradicts what he promised to do during his campaign.

His own party controls congress, he doesn't have the same barrier to fulfilling his promises Obama did so the only excuse is he didn't really want to, he just said what he needed to say to get votes.

Last edited:

marcecar10

Established
He sold himself exactly how he had to in order to appeal to the people he needed to appeal to.

He knew which group was ripe for pandering to. He knew how to do it. Same way businesses figure out marketing.

He has had plenty of time to show what he intends to do and almost on every point it contradicts what he promised to do during his campaign.

His own party controls congress, he doesn't have the same barrier to fulfilling his promises Obama did so the only excuse is he didn't really int MSN to, he just said what he needed to say to get votes.
That's true but we'll have to give him benefit of the doubt. Although we already ser him failing in some instances.

Devine

Star

His own party controls congress, he doesn't have the same barrier to fulfilling his promises Obama did so the only excuse is he didn't really want to, he just said what he needed to say to get votes.
hmm i guess but there was a reason that said group was ripe for the pandering.
even as someone who kinda likes him, i can't say that he marketed himself well. he has marketed himself as an asshole. he should stop tweeting.
i'm not sure exactly which points from the campaign you think he has contradicted?

justjess

Superstar
Mexico is paying for the wall. That there will even be a wall along the whole border. Mexico is NOT paying for the wall, if there any wall at all it will cover a very short length and American citizens are paying for it.

He isn't touching Medicaid. He's cutting atleast $700 billion dollars from Medicaid.

His Obamacare repeal will lower premiums and provide cheaper healthcare for all. 23 million will lose insurance, premiums go up for nearly everyone.

Lower taxes for the middle. His tax proposal lowers taxes for the rich. Not the middle. Many middle class will see there taxes rise.

Drain the swamp. He has the wealthiest cabinet ever assembled, jam pack full of lobbyists, bankers and "special interests"

Those are of the top of my head. This is another look at them.

http://www.newsweek.com/robert-reich-trumps-thirteen-broken-promises-so-far-582342

His marketing seemed flawed. It was actually perfect. It was meant to do exactly what it did.

And yes they were ripe to pandering for a reason, doesn't mean that what they were sold on was actually the solution or even good for them

Last edited:

Devine

Star
eh i don't read newsweek. i tried but the tone of the article was so aggressive and silly.
but i think this sounds like a lot of speculation of the future since these things have not happened yet. i think we'd have to wait until the end of the term. being only six months in seems a bit early to say whether promises have or haven't been kept.
and those who were pandered too made their choice as was their right to elect him and i don't hear a lot of them complaining, yet.

justjess

Superstar
Every single thing I posted before the link to an article was not something that "comes in the future" they aren't something you need to wait and see, they aren't speculation.

Why don't you go point by point and try to refute it? U can't.

They aren't complaining yet. Yeah I know. Some are and the ones who aren't are like u in a way, blinded or waiting to see.

You don't have to wait to see. Everything I've posted in my own words has already happened, or in the process of happening with legislation he greenlighted.

justjess

Superstar
Actually, Mr. Obama had no barriers for his first two years.
Yes two years, very long time.. he got a lot done in those two years. It was the next six where congress was entirely obstructed by shutdowns that he got nothing done.

Lurker

Star
Yes two years, very long time.. he got a lot done in those two years. It was the next six where congress was entirely obstructed by shutdowns that he got nothing done.
I guess you could call ACA nothing.

Devine

Star
sigh. okay.
the wall: i never thought that would happen and did not care about it. but, it still could happen in theory.
Nothing on healthcare has gone through yet. has the medicaid thing passed? would love a link. also if you have a link to tax plan i thought that had not gone through yet also.
He has some cabinet picks i do like. i guess it depends who you think "the swamp" is.

justjess

Superstar
He ha a majority when ACA passed. Whether or not you think it was a good thing that fact remains.

I'm not an Obama fan or something. He is flawed like all the rest. But when he did have a majority of his party he did accomplish most of what he said he would.

Trump has an overwhelming majority and is still floundering. You can't compare the two. He isn't fulfilling his promises because he doesn't want to - there is no legislative hurdle in his case